[Drama 2014] Yoona's Street 유나의 거리 (jTBC)

Bayu Pratama

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ Yes, Kim Ok Bin started the band like 3 years back.  She had dated a rock band guy (not from her band) for a while too. One of the rare (only?) cases of an actress later becoming a singer, unlike all those idols singer types who try acting later (and are often so-so).

Kim Ok Bin is all kinds of stuff.  She is 2nd dan in taekwondo and all that too, as per wiki pages.  Has an IQ of 141 too, they say.  Very talented.

Here is a page with some pictures that should keep @stuartjmz distracted :)

jayakris

said: ^^^ Yes, Kim Ok Bin started the band like 3 years back.  She had dated a rock band guy (not from her band) for a while too. One of the rare (only?) cases of an actress later becoming a singer, unlike all those idols singer types who try acting later (and are often so-so).

Kim Ok Bin is all kinds of stuff.  She is 2nd dan in taekwondo and all that too, as per wiki pages.  Has an IQ of 141 too, they say.  Very talented.

Here is a

page with some pictures

that should keep @stuartjmz distracted

:)

Those who've followed my posting history know that I'm a man of quiet restraint, not prone to venting wild emotions when talking about drama characters, but there's a first time for everything, and after the preview for episode 20, all I can SAY  is MIN GYU MUST DIE, HORRIBLY. 

All QC done, and Ep 19 English subs are a GO at DSS...

Yes, Min Gyu is turning out to be a real piece of work. Ep 20 preview makes things even worse.  If CM beat him up later, like everybody says in above spoilers, we may need to excuse him for that :)

We see the 16 year old Yu Na in this episode.  At least they picked somebody whose face does not look so drastically different than the older version's, like many dramas do.  That was nice.

My favorite scene was Boss Han going "na na na na na" to Chang Man in the parking lot.  That came so out of the blue, like so many little things do in this drama. Made me LOL.

Another little thing that made me laugh was the junk-yard boss pulling the cart and meeting Mr. ponytail. The road scene ends with him doing something funny.  LOL. Where do they come up with these ideas? What a creative drama!

We learn what Dirt-rag has been up to before the clean Karaoke business.  In the first episode or so when we didn't know much about him we subbers picked "Dirt-rag" as the name for him (for 걸레 which just means cleaning cloth, duster, etc).  Now it seems like that turned out to be a more fitting name for him than we thought.  But he is a good guy, and the role fits the actor like a glove.  Isn't that funny how this drama makes us have sympathy for all these guys who have such shady pasts? 

Now Nam Su wants advice from dirt-rag for his change of career.  Shady guys can only think of shady things to do.  And it makes us subbbers go investigate to learn of shady things out there that we didn't know of!

I really like the Yun Ji girl.  She is so cute, and have been acting very well too.

jayakris said: Now Nam Su wants advice from dirt-rag for his change of career.  Shady guys can only think of shady things to do.  And it makes us subbbers go investigate to learn of shady things out there that we didn't know of!

I really like the Yun Ji girl.  She is so cute, and have been acting very well too.

jayakris said: stuartjmz said:

This is a very low-key Drama, with a focus on quiet authetnticity, I wonder how accurate its depictions of the small-scale underworld are, and if they are as realistic as thy seem, how did the writer get such an accurate portrayal?

Guest pixelsprite

This post is a bit of a mixed bag.

Came across a recap for episode 1.
The recap highlighted a bunch of details that I missed on my viewing. Makes me want to re-watch from the beginning again. I was also reminded about a thought I had about the teacher who committed suicide in the first episode. It seemed like nobody in the house cared about her or even knew much about her. She must have been even more miserable than the grandpa since she lost the will to live. At least gramps has Boss Han who cares a little for him.

Episode 19

I enjoyed Boss Han's outburst and later, the "tender" moment he had with his wife. Despite how they may treat others, the three married couples (Boss+Madame, Cop+Yang Sun, Painter+Booking Lady) really are caring couples.

Min Gyu: I wanted to believe he was being sincere, though there was always doubt in the back of my mind. I panicked a bit with the recent developments, I think because I wanted a happy ending for everyone. I don't know why I wanted or expected that kind of ending.

stuartjmz said:
An open ending is really the only sort that makes sense for this Drama, since that's how life is.

@jayakris: Thanks for the article on Kim Ok Bin and the preview of episode 19. I can`t wait to see the episode. Thanks for the subs. :x

@stuartjmz: Sorry. I laughed at your venting. The last time I saw you so fervent against a character was in INR3 thread. Now, I want to see what he has done. I am a person with a high tolerance for villains in dramas but if Chang- man lost his cool, it is pretty bad.

larus said: @jayakris: Thanks for the article on Kim Ok Bin and the preview of episode 19. I can`t wait to see the episode. Thanks for the subs. :x

@stuartjmz: Sorry. I laughed of your venting. The last time I saw you so fervent against a character was in INR3 thread. Now, I want to see what he has done. I am a person with a high tolerance for villains in dramas but if Chang- man lost his cool, it is pretty bad.

stuartjmz said: Those who've followed my posting history know that I'm a man of quiet restraint, not prone to venting wild emotions when talking about drama characters, but there's a first time for everything, and after the preview for episode 20, all I can SAY  is MIN GYU MUST DIE, HORRIBLY. 

victorb said:

stuartjmz

said:

Those who've followed my posting history know that I'm a man of quiet restraint, not prone to venting wild emotions when talking about drama characters, but there's a first time for everything, and after the preview for episode 20, all I can SAY  is MIN GYU MUST DIE, HORRIBLY. 

victorb said: stuartjmz said: Those who've followed my posting history know that I'm a man of quiet restraint, not prone to venting wild emotions when talking about drama characters, but there's a first time for everything, and after the preview for episode 20, all I can SAY  is MIN GYU MUST DIE, HORRIBLY. 

i  began  watching  this  drama  seriously  the  other  day.  and  to  my  surprise  i'menjoying it.  veryinte;;ogent,quiet,  funny drama not your  usual silly  ,  try  hard  to  be  cute  actors  etc.   i  love  the  music.  is  this a  50  something   epi  drama?

lauren2b2 said: i  began  watching  this  drama  seriously  the  other  day.  and  to  my  surprise  i'menjoying it.  veryinte;;ogent,quiet,  funny drama not your  usual silly  ,  try  hard  to  be  cute  actors  etc.   i  love  the  music.  is  this a  50  something   epi  drama?

lauren2b2

said: i  began  watching  this  drama  seriously  the  other  day.  and  to  my  surprise  i'menjoying it.  veryinte;;ogent,quiet,  funny drama not your  usual silly  ,  try  hard  to  be  cute  actors  etc.   i  love  the  music.  is  this a  50  something   epi  drama?

Just an update from us subbers at DSS ... We haven't been able to work on Ep 20 onwards, as we are awaiting video raws and Chinese subs to be uploaded. There seems to be a 3-4 day delay so far.  Hope we won't have to wait too long.

Was it @chajoowon who said last week that the subs were coming out too fast?  Well, talk about jinxing things!

Anyway, everybody gets a breather... Hope not for too long though.

And welcome @lauren2b2 ... Yes, you found the gem.  Flying under the radar, but this is so far looking like it may even go down as the best 50 episode (non-sagueuk) drama ever made.  So intelligent, and so carefully written/directed/acted.  I am sure you're enjoying it.

thanks for the update @jayakris - I'm eager for more, but I'm still  happy that your very hard working team has had a much deserved break. It's the best Drama this year by  parsecs, but it literally  wouldn't mean a thing to me without the stellar effort of your crew. THANK YOU!

EDIT: 정말 미안합니다 I forget the all-important TWELVE before the word "parsecs". Please forgive me, @victorb!

Archived