[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest chantilly

rjsgrl said: I am sorry if this has been already addressed, but I did not want to see spoilers so I have not read many comments on this thread. I watched the Taiwanese version last year and I liked it a lot and I wanted to know how the Korean version compares. I am a big K-Drama fan and I my fav dramas are the tear jerkers and I want to know if you guys felt like the K-Fated to Love you is worth the watch if you have seen the Taiwanese ones. Thank you!!

rjsgrl said: I am sorry if this has been already addressed, but I did not want to see spoilers so I have not read many comments on this thread. I watched the Taiwanese version last year and I liked it a lot and I wanted to know how the Korean version compares. I am a big K-Drama fan and I my fav dramas are the tear jerkers and I want to know if you guys felt like the K-Fated to Love you is worth the watch if you have seen the Taiwanese ones. Thank you!! Hi @rjsgrl! As a Taiwanese person who absolutely adored the Taiwanese version to bits and pieces and had absolutely NO intentions of ever watching the Korean remake... I can attest that my personal opinion is this: the Korean version is MUCH better in most aspects in comparison to the Taiwanese version. LOL. The Taiwanese version is actually my favorite T-drama to date and when I first heard about the remake, I hated the idea of it. I swore I'd never watch it and when I was forced to watch the first few episodes (courtesy of a friend), I hated it as well because it was so similar. I nitpicked at every aspect that was the exact replica of the Taiwanese version and scoffed at the inability for them to make the story their own. I heavily considered dropping it...

But then, something amazing happened. The Korean remake became a completely different story of its own. The most basic plot points remained the same, but the Korean remake wove their own intense, beautiful, funny, amazing story and I fell for it faster than I ever knew possible. Some changes were excellent, like how the male lead is actually nice, respectable, and actually KNEW what he wanted. Other changes were sorely missed, like the elimination of grandma's love story with the potter, the better background story of the lost siblings reuniting, and the female lead's slow evolution during her time away from her home country. Still, this Korean remake is brilliant in its own right and the acting is top-notch.

If you're looking for tear jerker, I think JNR pulled off the pain of loss better than CQE, even though CQE is one of my favorite Taiwanese actresses, but, in my personal opinion, the situation that caused the loss of the baby to occur was better in the Taiwanese version. It's all preference, really. Like I said, some aspects in the Taiwanese version was better while other aspects were better here in the Korean version.

I will say this though, as much as I loved the Taiwanese version, I never purchased the OST or the DVD set. With this Korean remake, I shelled out the money for both the OST and the director's cut of the DVD. It's worth it! :D

Guest chantilly

I couldn't have agreed w/you more on this part.  The only time it makes me feel really sad of the TV was that part.  It was so raw and sad, both of the leads did really well on the loss of the baby.  KV was sad too but it was nowhere near as sad as the TV IMO.   

TV didn't do it as well for me b/c it was too draggy, a lot of nonsensical elements added it too which I am glad KV made it it's own and made it shorter and some over the top comedic elements but it worked OK for me.  I tend to like dramas that are shorter.  :)

akinahana89 said:  but, in my personal opinion, the situation that caused the loss of the baby to occur was better in the Taiwanese version

chantilly

said:

I couldn't have agreed w/you more on this part.  The only time it makes me feel really sad of the TV was that part.  It was so raw and sad, both of the leads did really well on the loss of the baby.  KV was sad too but it was nowhere near as sad as the TV IMO.   

TV didn't do it as well for me b/c it was too draggy, a lot of nonsensical elements added it too which I am glad KV made it it's own and made it shorter and some over the top comedic elements but it worked OK for me.  I tend to like dramas that are shorter.  :)

akinahana89

said:  but, in my personal opinion, the situation that caused the loss of the baby to occur was better in the Taiwanese version

Guys....our Snail Couple/The Jjangs is nominated in The Best Couple for MBC Drama Awards 2014. It's time to vote for our Snail Couple!!!  <:-P

but first,  you have to register as member in imbc. here I found the tutorial to register in imbc:
credit: http://jyj3.net/2014/05/04/tutorial-support-kim-jaejoongs-drama-triangle-by-watching-live-on-mbc-foreign-fans-registration/

Step 5: It will appear this message:

5reg_zps5a0fa2b4.png

-after step 5, you have finished register as member in imbc-

after register:

go to http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2014mbc/couple/index.html

2. then look at the top of the site and click the this hangul 로그인 (log in) like the red box as the pic below for Log In.  

loginmbc_zps10f8a50c.jpg

3. fill in your ID and password --> click the purple box for OK.
   imbc4_zps1d0eb343.png

4. after Log In, you will be brought to the Best Couple site again, and now choose our Snail Couple
   imbctut3_zps0989ded2.jpg

You should get this message "참여해 주셔서 감사합니다" which means "Thank You for Your participation"  (your vote is counted)  not  "이미 참여하셨습니다"  means "You have already joined".

5. If you want to logout
and log in for another account you can click this hangul  로그아웃 (log out) like in the red box below     
logoutmbc_zps3b105dbd.jpg

P.S

You can only vote once per ID. If you have multiple IDs, you can only vote 3 times a day under the same IP address. To be able to win this category, we have to vote because it's fully based on the vote, so please vote as much as you can (everyday) for our Snail Couple :D

guys... MBC also has released the nominees for Most Popular Actor and Actress.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2014mbc/popular/index.html

to vote Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara as the popular actor and actress is the same way like my post about The Best Couple above :D

popacts_zpse12ce5df.jpg

Voting for these Best Couple and Popular Actor/Actress awards opens today until midnight December 24. and will be announced during MBC Drama Awards on December 30.

akinahana89

said:

rjsgrl

said: I am sorry if this has been already addressed, but I did not want to see spoilers so I have not read many comments on this thread. I watched the Taiwanese version last year and I liked it a lot and I wanted to know how the Korean version compares. I am a big K-Drama fan and I my fav dramas are the tear jerkers and I want to know if you guys felt like the K-Fated to Love you is worth the watch if you have seen the Taiwanese ones. Thank you!!

Cara said: Guys....our Snail Couple/The Jjangs is nominated in The Best Couple for MBC Drama Awards 2014. It's time to vote for our Snail Couple!!!  <:-P

but first,  you have to register as member in imbc. here I found the tutorial to register in imbc
http://jyj3.net/2014/05/04/tutorial-support-kim-jaejoongs-drama-triangle-by-watching-live-on-mbc-foreign-fans-registration/

after register:

go to http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2014mbc/couple/index.html

2. then look at the top of the site and click the this hangul 로그인 (log in) like the red box as the pic below for Log In.  

loginmbc_zps10f8a50c.jpg

3. fill in your ID and password --> click the purple box for OK.
   imbc4_zps1d0eb343.png

4. after Log In, you will be brought to the Best Couple site again, and now choose our Snail Couple
   imbctut3_zps0989ded2.jpg

You should get this message "참여해 주셔서 감사합니다" which means "Thank You for Your participation"  (your vote is counted)  not  "이미 참여하셨습니다"  means "You have already joined".

5. If you want to logout
and log in for another account you can click this hangul  로그아웃 (log out) like in the red box below     
logoutmbc_zps3b105dbd.jpg

P.S

You can only vote once per ID. If you have multiple IDs, you can only vote 3 times a day under the same IP address. To be able to win this category, we have to vote because it's fully based on the vote, so please vote as much as you can (everyday) for our Snail Couple :D

Guest chunnogirl33

Hi Guys: Is anybody having trouble registering on the MBC site? When I enter the authorization password it takes me back to the beginning. 

Hi @rjsgrl! As a Taiwanese person who absolutely adored the Taiwanese version to bits and pieces and had absolutely NO intentions of ever watching the Korean remake... I can attest that my personal opinion is this: the Korean version is MUCH better in most aspects in comparison to the Taiwanese version. LOL. The Taiwanese version is actually my favorite T-drama to date and when I first heard about the remake, I hated the idea of it. I swore I'd never watch it and when I was forced to watch the first few episodes (courtesy of a friend), I hated it as well because it was so similar. I nitpicked at every aspect that was the exact replica of the Taiwanese version and scoffed at the inability for them to make the story their own. I heavily considered dropping it...

But then, something amazing happened. The Korean remake became a completely different story of its own. The most basic plot points remained the same, but the Korean remake wove their own intense, beautiful, funny, amazing story and I fell for it faster than I ever knew possible. Some changes were excellent, like how the male lead is actually nice, respectable, and actually KNEW what he wanted. Other changes were sorely missed, like the elimination of grandma's love story with the potter, the better background story of the lost siblings reuniting, and the female lead's slow evolution during her time away from her home country. Still, this Korean remake is brilliant in its own right and the acting is top-notch.

If you're looking for tear jerker, I think JNR pulled off the pain of loss better than CQE, even though CQE is one of my favorite Taiwanese actresses, but, in my personal opinion, the situation that caused the loss of the baby to occur was better in the Taiwanese version. It's all preference, really. Like I said, some aspects in the Taiwanese version was better while other aspects were better here in the Korean version.

I will say this though, as much as I loved the Taiwanese version, I never purchased the OST or the DVD set. With this Korean remake, I shelled out the money for both the OST and the director's cut of the DVD. It's worth it! :D

Thank you for that analysis! ! I am so glad it will take the basic elements and use them to create a new story. I look forward to the emotional capabilites of the Korean female lead. Did you ever watch Autumn Concerto? That is my favorite T-drama.

As a fan of both versions, I can't say it better than this.  K-FtLY is worth the watch: over and over.  I've watched the TW-FtLY at least 5 times and K-FtLY is on constant re-watch in some form since it aired.  I hope you fall hard and fast for the OTP because they are jjang!

@Cara: thanks for the voting instructions!

You guys are making me so excited to start the K version. I'm waiting for my sister to watch the T version so we can watch the K one together