[Drama 2014] Endless Love 끝없는 사랑

StaRix

I really enjoyed this drama.  
Most absurd:  After almost being killed, KH has a liver transplant and then survives being shot up several times.
Most heart wrenching:  SK crying over the body of her mother.
Greatest love:  Ringman and IB, two of the most disgusting people in world, have the most beautiful love.
The happy ending, after 37 episodes of agony was really unexpected.  Even HJ finally finds herself, and pursues a career in fashion. 
Loved that KC lived, I was so afraid he was going to be killed off and I am really happy he has a bio boy and another bio baby on the way.
I was also impressed by the writers, maintaining this historic allegory of the struggles of Korean people until the very end. The scene between the senile PM and Gen Chun at the end - just had this perfect way of symbolizing how all the angst and fury and suffering becomes lost and dims in time.
Thank you fellow posters who took this drama journey with me. You made it so much more fun!
I am going to miss this drama.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :-h :-h :-h

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maddymappo,  Loved the post.. And catch you in another thread..

I have to say WTF was that Kh looking older then the general.. Whom by the way after 15yrs shows no sign of gray hair nor do IA or Kc have aged the older two kids have but nobody else's ages not even her Aunt.. I guess it's in the water..  I have no more words for this ending Well we got what we ask for and that was for all of them to live.. But overall I think it was a food drama and I like it

@maddymappo,

Re nobody else's ages in my opinion at certain age ranges bet 25 to 55 not many people show the changes that much I suppose, these days everyone is consumed with good grooming. Just observe MB with facial sprays and creams etc.

I am not Korean but find this drama very interesting, the casts are wonderful and acted very well. However too many people got hurt and KC too often being beaten etc.

KC, KH and AI knew very well now the circumstances that forced KH/AI to be parted so KC not being with AI though sad is acceptable.

I was surprised at the ratings or probably this sort of heavy political theme does.not appeal to certain age groups.

Guest stellaa

They muddled the political story so badly that it was impossible to watch.  The General's motivation was confusing from the beginning.  I am glad they cut the three episodes because we would have had more "hospital crying" scenes and some more trials that made no sense.  
That ending was messed up, everyone taking bullets for everyone.  

I am very glad that all the characters survived except RM and IB.   The thought did cross my mind that maybe KC married SK because she had lost her Mother and her Dad and I'm not sure if the PM was already getting senile or not after the death of her Mom.   On the other hand,  I was very surprised that he married SK  because she was RM's daughter.   All in all, the ending wasn't too bad especially considering  they had to make last minute changes to the script to make it 37 episodes. 

Now that I have seen the sub version, I can heave a sigh of relief that finally the trio survived the turbulent times in Korean history relatively unscathed. So IA achieved her dreams to be the Minister of Law and Justice, AND married KH.
The ending made my day for I was expecting one of them to perish, and the other two would pick up the pieces and then move on into the new era they were fighting for.... a truly Democratic Korea....
The part of KC parentage still remain unknown, and when IA asked KH whether he was going to reveal to KC, he insisted that KC was his brother, so he did not want to divulge to us KC true parents.I am somehow curious who among the characters could be his true parentage.... Darn it writer, just drop a clue for us to make a wild guess.....!!!
After the reign of President Roh, the next civilian President did punish those caught in corruptions and misuse of power. Some served a very short term in prison and later received a Presidential pardon.Then the Asian crisis set in where the country took a beating in their financial world. The stock market collapse, some big conglomerate had to close, and there were lots of demonstration among the workers.So since the drama avoided this period in a Korean history, and brought us to the present where the country has settled into a very stable, rich and successful developed country.
So the struggles by IA for justice to prevail, set the path for Koreans to be given equal opportunities to succeed in a country, without fear or favour......without let or hindrance....as the case maybe...
Thank you all for making this thread enjoyable...

@stellaaIn the final episode, KH gave a lecture on Political Science, and he stressed that 'politics equates power' .This is so true, for when one involves oneself in politics, the ultimate goal is power. So for those in power there is this tendency to sway in its principles and fall pray to corrupted ways.The strong and fair  Judiciary System would be the 'check and balance'  to halt any unfair practices in a government.
IA's unfair imprisonment is a ghastly example of injustices metered by a dictatorial regime.... she was not given the opportunity to seek proper legal avenues to plead her innocence. In a truly democratic country, one is innocent until proven guilty....
Somehow, the General wanted to move into the new era of 'democracy'.... but to reach the top post he played some dirty tactics, and trusted the Kingmaker ( PYT) to help him into the Blue House.In earlier episodes KH had forewarn the General to not put his trust in PYT, for KH knew too well his (PYT) involvement in all the dirty power play of the regime. He was named the Kingmaker solely for his ability to use corrupted money to win votes and favors from the powerful.Frankly, most governments are likewise but maybe more humane in its execution.
I find the politics of that era interesting, for it is an eye opener for me to differentiate a country ruled by military personnels and that by normal civilians.Of course corruptions exists in both type of regime, but the military is a lot more dictatorial for the military is very rigid and has strict protocol in its every day life. Hierarchy is one aspect that is very glaring, so that translate to status too. It is like a class system.....that do not allow a crossover.Orders are to be obeyed.... no ifs or buts....Works well during war times, but in peaceful years this method is strangling ones freedom of mind and speech and actions too....So IA free spirit and outspoken character was not tolerated during those years of military regimes....She was a handful indeed, but her guts and stubborn streak broke the barrier of injustices...

IA, KH and HC were all hyped up about getting their revenge on and ending PYT/IB life themselves, but in the end some random dude shows up in the final episode and kills them both   =)) omg this is soooo funny.
I'm so glad there is no more torture (seriously watching this drama felt like that) for all of us its finally concluded. I really have nothing to say about the ending cos I'm still confused as hell as I was watching the first episode. The best thing I love about the title of this drama is the word END.......  <:-P

Hi everyone. I don't comment very often but I had to for this show. I am usually content with happy endings, however this one, I felt a real disconnect. I felt unsatisfied. It felt rushed, it didn't make a lot of sense, and it was something I never expected (in a bad way). After watching this drama week after week and I loved it! The end of the drama? I disliked it. I feel like I've been ripped off. It should have been more. More depth. More substance. :( 

This is not right
 I am so sad that  Endless Love just endedand what are they doing right now? was celebrating the end? in the ditch?
10724742_341468376031259_971475827_n.jpg

what just tells he? 온종일 징구 랑 ^^ in the ditch? with chingu? =))

me too Kyung Ho ssi me too I want in the ditch with you
Smiley drinking 39.gif

btw this is me and pandavin,  we come like this from another threadand the picture is from allallj account on Instagram

opschinguyacan we say Endless Love ended?something does not fit hic! ne?

Guest katnesq

I find the politics of that era interesting, for it is an eye opener for me to differentiate a country ruled by military personnels and that by normal civilians.
Of course corruptions exists in both type of regime, but the military is a lot more dictatorial for the military is very rigid and has strict protocol in its every day life. Hierarchy is one aspect that is very glaring, so that translate to status too. It is like a class system.....that do not allow a crossover.Orders are to be obeyed.... no ifs or buts....Works well during war times, but in peaceful years this method is strangling ones freedom of mind and speech and actions too....So IA free spirit and outspoken character was not tolerated during those years of military regimes....She was a handful indeed, but her guts and stubborn streak broke the barrier of injustices...

Well i only just watched the final episode today and apart from the KC and SK couple that i did not feel that much energy due to the rush on skipping years: IA as the main of the main leads got what he wished for in her career from when she and KH where young and KH learned and helped on the formation of the new regime and called it quits deciding to teach about his learnings instead ... KC well continued being successful and decided to go to SK and make some babies of his own ... KH did not even hesitated to get the divorce neither he answered when HJ asked whether he wished to run to IAs court room and then the background song we could tell, he would rush if he could at that time ... they started showing IA was still as much in love with him with her silence responses because she was not one to lie, specially when she was a law person and she did this with KC many times ... KH also never clearly answered to personal questions about his feelings towards IA...even when HJ accused him of having an affair with IA and being paranoid he never said no no i do not love her, he merely only answered it was work related when partly was to see and be with her starting with the memorial, he wanted to see her not ESTHER so these two regardless were always thinking of each other and only loved each other and KC knew that all along ... After he got hurt all those times, then IA and KC found his married life was all but a sea of roses or love and then he nearly died to save his brother that was actually not his brother after all but he did not change or see KC differently .... so because of that i think IA and perhaps KC understood he too suffered with it all and paid for leaving/betraying her (which she was shown to understand the reasons and also his loyalty to GNR for reasons she perhaps came to know later in detail) in last 2 episodes) I fought it was nice they came to be able to surpass the hell and love each other freely again... even his son seamed to know he loved her, being a man with a son he must have told him that she was the love of his life and vice versa which the kids accepted rather well ... I think only with him she could have become a women again, because she loved him and he loved her ... her words about loving a women with scars i think back then she was already speaking of him loving her, required patience and he answered that he knew soooooo 8 YEARS LATER, romance ignited and re-started with her return ... IA "would you want to go back"? KH : "Where" (smile) IA : (smile) To the Blue house? ...lol!! Smile, is being a teacher what you want?? KH : "IT was my call" .... KH : You became prettier ...lol (he is supposed to be a lecturer not a teenager in love bless!!) IA : smile smile (teenage in love) They re-started where they left ... THE END!! If it wasn't for the holes they left behind with the rush i would have been more satisfied... also KC parents ? who exactly where they?? was he just found or was he really opposition leader's thus KH did not want to go there and just considered him to be his blood brother anyways saving him from the dirty world of politics??? If so opposition leader perhaps took his family as dead but HAN FATHER managed to also save the son and he never got to know AS WE WILL NEVER WILL .... Many vanished people and unexplained pieces and people on this drama...rich girl came back again and got TK in the end lol!! Honestly not sure on this one ... IA's friends helping earlier vanished and wonder if their friends wife was one of them??? IA young little "brother", coma boy and brother never saw the screen light again ... and .... We have to leve with the questions we have .... WTHell??? they really should stop cutting ends shorts if drama had so much to explain .... I still loved this thread and still enjoying everyone's POV, understand and respect everyone's opinion but came to LIKE the end for IA as this was her live and the only way she could be happy and go back to being a women!! KC would have only suffered fully knowing she really did love his brother to the end ... Good for him making some babies so i am also happy for him to have come to like someone else despite her parents evil deeds... WILL MISS THIS THREAD but will meet some of you on other threads... for now i went back to watch Night watchman's because it is completed and don't have to wait a week every time lol!! ENDLESS LOVE CHINGUS!! :-) SEE YOU AROUND IN OTHER SOOMPI threads :-)

Another Kdrama that started with promise and ended with a dud. I think it's high time, the stations and actors start asking for full scripts, rather than just 1-2 episodes. It would alleviate a lot of problems, and keep good actors from bad dramas. This drama lost its way, in patting itself to much on the back for the political maneuvering, which started to get boring and drawn out in the later episodes.

The ending didn't bother me too much, as it was in line with the nonsensical route this drama was on. IA annoyed me too many times as a character, going up against people without anything to back her up and then stringing along KC for years. But KC ending up with SK, lol, couldn't they have hired an extra to play KC's future wife. For him to end up with SK, who was crying over the man who tried to kill him and his brother, even going as far as to call RM, Dad, WTH.

Oh and in a country that is very particular about family ties/registry - they have IA with a child with one brother and married to the other, and KC with a child, with his brother's wife and married to his wife's sister. Okay

• 3 weeks later...

Just started watching Endless Love, done first 5 episodes only, I know I have a long way to go :D
So far, I have been tremendously irritated by In Ae, her stupidity even after being sent to juvenile center, KH telling her to keep her mouth shut!!This drama has made me dislike Hwang Jung Eum, I used to like her before but I see her taking on similar roles after Secret
And KDramas needs to stop casting the same actor as a villian! PYT, he's acting just the same as he did in IHYV!
This reminds me of Park Sang Min in Incarnation of Money and Scandal, you see the same facial expressions and it's like whoa is this another drama?
Will pop by again after I finish it:D

NayongL said: Just started watching Endless Love, done first 5 episodes only, I know I have a long way to go :D
So far, I have been tremendously irritated by In Ae, her stupidity even after being sent to juvenile center, KH telling her to keep her mouth shut!!This drama has made me dislike Hwang Jung Eum, I used to like her before but I see her taking on similar roles after Secret
And KDramas needs to stop casting the same actor as a villian! PYT, he's acting just the same as he did in IHYV!
This reminds me of Park Sang Min in Incarnation of Money and Scandal, you see the same facial expressions and it's like whoa is this another drama?

valsava said: NayongL said: Just started watching Endless Love, done first 5 episodes only, I know I have a long way to go :D

Guest lord_jedi

Okay, I watched the last episode of the drama today and was puzzled why Ester called KC 'Appa'? Obviously I only watched the last episode and find out through this forum that some random bodyguard rape IA so I wonder why it has come to this? Did KC agreed to be her dad and promise IA to take responsibilities of the baby after she was raped?
Well, at least justice was served at the end though I'm so annoyed why they give such a good death to PYT -- how on earth SK said; 'Appa' to him before he died is beyond me. Again, Kdramas love to glorified or give good ends to the bad guys no matter how evil they are. Its nice if you like the bad guys in Kdramas since they always have good endings. >.> They never really punished like what they deserved after all the cruel and evil things they did to the leads...

I marathon-ed through until episode 36, will have to watch the ending tonight after work :(
@valsava Yes, thank god InAe learned though it was a tough lesson for her, there were times her temper showed up again but luckily nothing else happened.
The only thing I wanna bi***h about is the ending which I read here since I haven't watched it yet. The entire 36 episodes showed to me that both InAe and Kwang Chul cared for each other, so how in the world did she switched back to older brother??
My conclusion, writer-nim forgot who the lead guy is, she delusional or got dementia halfway through!Like most of the comments here, I don't think I will watch her future dramas! If she still can write a drama!X(

@NayongL,  KH and IA will always have and endless love for each other.. Even though she learned some tough life lesson I had always thought they could have been avoided if she used her brains and stop running around like she was the untouchable.. I had always said that KH was stuck in his situation and had to make the best of it so why not reach for the top even though some call it betrayal but that all seem to have forgotten what got him in that position in the first place.. So have fun viewing the rest If you want to know what to watch next send me a PM and I'll fill you in..  

Archived