[Drama 2014] Golden Cross 골든 크로스

Admin

It's been a while since a drama was dark enough to suit my taste but I have to say Golden Cross is pretty close to reaching that level. The first two ep had me feeling utterly disgusted at the reality portrayed in them (don't kid yourselves these things do happen IRL even if the series is a bit OTT sometimes) and I believe that was just what they were going for with this brutal introduction to the story. If the writer is smart and ratings allow it they really should keep this tone to the story till the end and give us some good old fashioned "eye for an eye" conclusion to our hero's revenge story because I'd love nothing more than seeing the rich and powerful actually end miserably for a change in a Kdrama (it's not going to happen but a guy can hope :D ).
 One thing really stood out in a negative way for me: the whole bomb bit - I get it, they're powerful evil men, but a bomb? Really? Oh well, I'll let it slide for now but this better not become a usual bit in the story because it's just wrong in the purest makjang kind of way.
 All in all a good, dark story that has a lot of potential and if they don't plan on giving it the classic Kdrama bait and switch with everyone forgiving everyone this could be a heck of a ride (multiple deaths and disastrous bankruptcy included - Damn! I'm really in a dark mood today).

P.S. Who else had the biggest smile on their face when Faye Wong's cover of the Cranberries song came on :) (yeah I'm looking at you @stuartjmz :)) )

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching episodes 1 and 2, and I feel like i'm watching Sydney Shedon novel. My gosh its so dark and mysterious, for sure there will be a lot of twist and turn. I could just imagine how the two OTP will find love if they will know their messy connection to each other!
Hmmmmm....but this one will be definitely be on my watch list!

Okay since DramaFever was being a pain in the butt last night, I finally got to finish watching both episodes. The majority of the cast are new to me as I've never seen most before in any other dramas except for three of the major characters (the baddies & the father).

1. The negative comment(s) on DF Will not deter me from watching this here revenge drama in the least bit.
    1. Episode One was nicely set up but it was a bit sloppy, well it could have been better. But it did set up the story and viewers as to what is about to go down and how the main lead Will become the Avenging Angel in regards to his murdered loved ones and for setting his father up for the fall. As well as, establishing the key players in Golden Cross, which, is a evil entity in itself. As well as, PAX, ran by Mister Shady Richard Simmons #2 & Is a former student of Mister Shady Richard Simmons #1. Richard Simmons #2 Secretary or Assistant Lady is one character who I hate or really really dislike already as she clearly has no morals or moral compass, as she goes about doing the evil deeds for boss man X(
    1. Well the corruption in the police force is simply appalling as the police and c.s.i get there without anyone calling them and we see no evidence gathering aside from the golf club with his finger prints. Which dumb police forget that could have been there before said crime and all. If they went through his and her call log they would have seen that it was not him from the get go but alas....
    1. It gets me mad that even though he took the wrap does not mean that they still wouldn't kill his wife and son...as well as innocent bystanders...
    1. I hope there is a time jump for him to be a now powerful, well known prosecutor that people fear to be credible.
    1. It would have been great if all 4 episodes were available to watch on DF but I'll wait hopefully they will release 3-6 next week :)
    1. So Far So Good! :-bd

victorb said:  It's been a while since a drama was dark enough to suit my taste but I have to say Golden Cross is pretty close to reaching that level. The first two ep had me feeling utterly disgusted at the reality portrayed in them (don't kid yourselves these things do happen IRL even if the series is a bit OTT sometimes) and I believe that was just what they were going for with this brutal introduction to the story. If the writer is smart and ratings allow it they really should keep this tone to the story till the end and give us some good old fashioned "eye for an eye" conclusion to our hero's revenge story because I'd love nothing more than seeing the rich and powerful actually end miserably for a change in a Kdrama (it's not going to happen but a guy can hope :D ).
 One thing really stood out in a negative way for me: the whole bomb bit - I get it, they're powerful evil men, but a bomb? Really? Oh well, I'll let it slide for now but this better not become a usual bit in the story because it's just wrong in the purest makjang kind of way.
 All in all a good, dark story that has a lot of potential and if they don't plan on giving it the classic Kdrama bait and switch with everyone forgiving everyone this could be a heck of a ride (multiple deaths and disastrous bankruptcy included - Damn! I'm really in a dark mood today).

P.S. Who else had the biggest smile on their face when Faye Wong's cover of the Cranberries song came on :) (yeah I'm looking at you @stuartjmz :)) )

Guest msmall

Currently the drama has aired 4 episodes and next week episodes 5 & 6 Will be aired :)

Actually, 2 episodes have only been aired so far. To my knowledge, episode 3 and 4 from this week were canceled due to the ferry tragedy that occurred in Korea earlier this week. I'm assuming everything will resume to normal starting next week.

Okay, I might sound a little dumb, but whatever. Can someone explain what's going on in the bank? I'm not comprehending the situation with the buying the bank, selling illegally and all that secret stuff. I'm not kidding, 90% of the cast is new to me so all the old guys look alike. LMAO. I can't tell, for now. Anyone care to shed some light?

The BIS=Bank For International Settlements, International Organization for Central Banks That Babysits International Monies. For More Read Attached Link :) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_for_International_Settlements

Well I'm not versed on Bank Terms and how it all works either :( but I think that they are manipulating the numbers and figures to hide all the 'Shady Money' that the bank has hiding away or are covering it up by stealing monies from these loans or all...but that's a guess of mine at the moment.

stuartjmz said:
Aye Carumba! I've downloaded 1&2 but haven't had time to watch them yet. I popped in briefly, saw the notification, read this, and am now in shock. Surely it can only be downhill after this?! Yet again, the priceless worth of having a genu-wine Manly Unicorn for a donsaeng is clearly demonstrated. Time to hit the sack so that tomorrow's bleak wet autumn weather can be ignored by enjoying this promising start fully conscious! :D

gaby81 said: The BIS=Bank For International Settlements, International Organization for Central Banks That Babysits International Monies. For More Read Attached Link :) :

Well I'm not versed on Bank Terms and how it all works either :( but I think that they are manipulating the numbers and figures to hide all the 'Shady Money' that the bank has hiding away or are covering it up by stealing monies from these loans or all...but that's a guess of mine at the moment.

Ihjj said: gaby81 said: The BIS=Bank For International Settlements, International Organization for Central Banks That Babysits International Monies. For More Read Attached Link :) :

Guest msmall

No, actually 4 episodes have been aired to date. Look Here:

http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=33433

Actually, please take a look at the link you gave me. Then take a look under "Note" and you'll see that episode 3 and 4 are being delayed to next week due to the ferry incident.

I understand this is confusing. Other dramas were also delayed, such as 3 Days and Cunning Single Lady.

Archived