[Drama 2014] It's Okay, That's Love 괜찮아, 사랑이야

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bashful

miles99 said: I'm kind of scared that hae soo and Jae Yul are in a relationship so fast ! when couples in kdramas get together fast most of the time that means something will happen >.<

IOIL tops Content Power Index for the second straight week of duration 2014.7.28. - 2014.8.3. CPI is an index measurement initiative by CJ E&M together with Nielsen Korea. CPI measures media/news subscription ratings, direct search engine ratings, as well as SNS/social media ratings i.e. netizenbuzz/conversations/postings/tweets/retweets/etc, of a broadcast program/drama.
For comparison: SBS IOIL...#1 at 273.3 pointsMBC Infinity Challenge...#2 at 234.1 points (IC has been the #1 variety program for a long time)

Yay! This I think is a much better reflection of any program/drama's popularity, not the ratings from those traditional-tv-box-in-selected-households. IOIL Fighting! I won't be surprised that IOIL will still stay on top for the third straight week (which will measure the week covering the broadcast of ep 5 and 6). 

KUadNGj.jpg

CR: KOREAme2day weibo fm Original Source: XportsnewsAlternate source: KoreaDaily.com

Guest timi163

Just an excerpt from an interview of PD KIM after the first week IOTL was broadcast.
"Director Kim Gyu-tae said SBS’ new rom-com “It’s Okay, That’s Love” is a “necessary drama” regarding its message to society. 

At a drama premiere conference in Seoul, , the director admitted that some of the socially awakening ideas embedded in “It’s Okay, That’s Love” could appear “heavy” and “unfamiliar” to the audience. But dramas with social messages should not be shunned, he alleged. "

My thoughts on this:    I think the cast and crew are aware that this will be a challenge for them rating wise. Not all really get this kind of drama of which almost 90% ( IMO) of the storyline deals with mental disorders. As it had been noticed and said many times, IOTL is a medical/rom-com that doesn't follow the traditional romantic comedy formula.Needless to say ,the production staff and actors may have anticipated a lukewarm reaction from the get go ( or not ! )  But what is happening is quite the opposite. It may not be #1 in the ratings but noticeably, all three dramas in the same time slot are doing well and the ratings are so tight every week. Are we going to see one break away this week? I think so. Joseon is already peaking and so is FTLY. Considering that these 2 started earlier before IOTL and therefore already have a solid audience, IOTL really give them a  run for their money.      In reference to the sad news today about Robin Williams ( I still hope this is a hoax!) , a friend said.."Mental health is such a serious issue, but it's ignored on so many levels" This I strongly agree. That's why I applaud these actors and producers who are behind this drama, who bravely take this serious issue out there.One line that got me thinking was from Dr Ahjussi  -" People with cancer, dismembered or blind receive sympathy, but people who have mental illness are viewed as outcasts.". Sad, but true.

so many sweet scenes like a normal couple would do!! yet I think due to the accident, the production team decided to give out the happy scenes first so that GHJ would have more time to rest. Anyway, I can't wait to see our hottie smecxy couple on Wed!!

Archived