[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest ineetha

@docster6‌ : looks like lots of fun.am not able to see the pictures though.

Is it just me Or Is it for every one else too.

Guys, Let us know if we in East coast have something similar.

ineetha said:

Hi everyone, I'm listening to classical music on youtube - courtesy of SLA of course - and found this clip. These two are famous pianists and they are playing the piece that SJ and HW played at her piano room after which they hugged twice. They really enjoy playing it and if you get to minute 4.55, you will see the way they start looking at each other just like SJ and HW does when they play. This conveys the joy of music and this must be what life in music is to them.

Just thought I would share it with everyone.

HW and SJ's type of love is perfect reflection of what Antoine de Saint-Exupery said: “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”  (Airman's Odyssey) 
Age difference? what's that when you have two souls as one? 

@comickiwi:  Amazing clip, a great find.  30 years younger guy (Evgeny Kissin), older woman (Martha Argerich), she starts the looks even a little earlier than 4:55 but by 7:38 he is looking at her too! The intense focus, you can really see it in their faces.  And their smiles @ 8:40 when they finish the first movement! So sweet! One of the things I loved about this video was that you really can't see the audience.  It's just them and the piano.  The rest is all blacked out. Totally perfect. That's just how it is.
Martha Argerich was also part of the Ivo Pogorelich story as well "At the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw of 1980 controversy erupted when the jury voted to eliminate him after the third round; it touched off a firestorm, sparked by the public resignation of Argentine pianist Martha Argerich in protest. She proclaimed Pogorelich a "genius" and a group of Polish critics banded together to award Pogorelich a special prize. "  LINK
Here is another quote : "The great pianist, Martha Argerich, agrees with that view when she points out that Kissin’s compelling interpretations stand entirely on their own. During the 2011 Verbier Festival in Switzerland the two of them rehearsed Lutoslawski’s Paganini Variations for Two Pianos. “I love him dearly,” says Argerich, “both as the wonderful sincere human being and the brilliant artist that he is." Kissin was also a prodigy, and played his 1st recorded performance in 1984 (age 12)   LINK

Guest Sabrina Batista

diamond888 said: HW and SJ's type of love is perfect reflection of what Antoine de Saint-Exupery said: “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”  (Airman's Odyssey) 

In the episode 9, SJ told about the book "do you like Brahms?" and he described the subject of the book: an independant woman living unmarried to a man. He was indirectly asking her, if she could maybe leave her husband and start a new life with him. Therefore, I don't think, SJ will back off, even HW's husband asks him to end the love affair. He is strong-willed and determined to get what he wants. Besides, after reading HW's love letter, he even began cleaning the stairs and change the bulb because he wanted to show that he wanted to have a home with her.
Besides, I hope, we will see "Justin" more often, because he is also a decent guy. It would be funny if Justin met YW and they both fell in love... I know, it sounds like a crazy theory which won't happen, but "Justin" indeed lied to YR, but he was sincere about his feeling. He liked her, not because of her money. YW is really in need to have someone that loves her for who she is. 
The problem with Yw is that she doesn't see HW as her friend, but I do believe that HW cares for YW. She even tried to defend YW in front of Madame Han. If only YW could get over her jealousy and treated HW much better,.... maybe she will realise it through SJ who is going to do anything in order to protect HW.

Guest dualnon

comickiwi said: ineetha said:

Hi everyone, I'm listening to classical music on youtube - courtesy of SLA of course - and found this clip. These two are famous pianists and they are playing the piece that SJ and HW played at her piano room after which they hugged twice. They really enjoy playing it and if you get to minute 4.55, you will see the way they start looking at each other just like SJ and HW does when they play. This conveys the joy of music and this must be what life in music is to them.

Just thought I would share it with everyone.

Guest dualnon

diamond888 said: HW and SJ's type of love is perfect reflection of what Antoine de Saint-Exupery said: “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”  (Airman's Odyssey) 

Guest dualnon

shamrockmom said: . . .

Martha Argerich was also part of the Ivo Pogorelich story as well "At the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw of 1980 controversy erupted when the jury voted to eliminate him after the third round; it touched off a firestorm, sparked by the public resignation of Argentine pianist Martha Argerich in protest. She proclaimed Pogorelich a "genius" and a group of Polish critics banded together to award Pogorelich a special prize. "  LINK, , ,

@comickiwi, what a fantastic post with a beautiful music video. I was surprised that Secret Love Affair used more than just the music and the love between the artists, at one point there were two pages flipped and Martha Argerich just matter-of-factly flipped back one of the pages. In our show, Seon Jae jokingly complained about Hye Won grabbing two pages. Of course, they weren't in a performance at that time.

HELP! In the Episode 11 preview, Professor Kang was peeking through a circular window, sort of like those on a cruise ship. Right before that, it was a scene of a young man talking to an older man inside that circular window (you can see from the cropped picture). I am almost sure that it is Seon Jae talking to Professor Jo. Could it be that Seon Jae is looking for a way to help Hye Won and he feels that Professor Jo is perhaps the closest to Hye Won? From what we have deduced, Professor Jo and his wife, SiJoo, are the ones we as viewers can trust as well.

@docster6 I thought, it was Kang talking to SJ that he knows about his love affair and he wants him to end it, and the man looking through the window was the driver working for Madame HAn and Min (who used the bugs in order to listen to YW's and Kang's conversation). Later, he sent an email to HW, he would know about the affair!  But I don't know if he wants to blackmail Hw or to help her. So far, we have seen HW being kind and nice to people around her: In Seo and his wife, her own secretary, her employee at home (she doesn't call her during the night, not like her husband), DM aso... maybe she helped the "driver" before and he wants to warn her!

By the way, I am also sure that her friends In seo and his wife wouldn't see any problem HW being with SJ, because we know for sure that Kang is despised by them... Remember the call YW and KAng made to In Seo and the comment of his wife...
In Seo is definitely not involved in the corruption that's why he wasn't seating at the restaurant with Min. There were only Kang, the professor with glasses, YW's sister-in-law and Min! HW's husband is so jealous of IS, but he got his position due to HW's influence. Besides, he acts like YW's sister-in-law who insults the students. In Seo seems to be a good and kind professor and has a good relationship with his students, while Kang can't bear to spend some quality time with his students. He brought beer to them and left also immediately: he has no patience and no empathy for his students. In another word: he is a jerk and I really hope, he will be punished at the end of this drama! 

Guest dualnon

SLA handles the passage of time well.  It's not disjointed.  We know months have passed with a lot of developments for the characters and the plot.  But it's seamless.  There's no need to tell us "two months later" or "one hour ago".   So much more can happen.  I wonder where we'll end and how far into the future.