[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Point well made @leix_ !

I think everyone will agree that that Minguk-Manse scene last episode was one of the most adorable moments on this show ever. :wub:
Minguk's cute little hands and arms holding and cuddling Manse.
...And then he eats his head.
:D

- I personally think that CSH likes Minguk more. Not only is he cute and affectionate, he can easily also converse with him.

Totally agree with this !  

- My little 'issue' with HJW is that he's copying what SIK does to the Triplets. NOT that it's a bad thing because most parents are probably teaching their kids what SIK teaches them and it's not like he invented them or something. It's just that sometimes the things that he makes them do is too much for 2-year olds. Example would be when he asked SeoJun to order eventhough he isn't speaking that well yet and made him hold the plate which was very heavy for him. Maybe it would have been better if he showed how it was done and made SeoJun repeat it. Making his 2-year old Twins do what the 3-year old Triplets are just learning to do does not really seem like a good idea for now.

When it comes to discipline and good parenthood , SIK stands out among the TROS fathers . The triplets are younger than Sarang but as you can see , they are all well disciplined.  Take for example the meal manners . They are not stealing  foods from other children  (Remember Seojun to Manse , Minguk. Seoeon to Minguk) Yes it is somehow cute to look at but that should be stopped for it is not a good manner. Sarang on the other is pretty and cute hand  but she is a bratinella (in my own point of view/ opinion). 

They might push the Manse-Sarang-Yuto love triangle, and Daehan would be pushed aside if he would be silent again. Minguk on the other hand would be fine since he always shines on his own.

For me , that love triangle though should not be pushed .  Btw, I  agree with you about Mingukkie :)

A Daehan-Minguk partnership would be nice to see but since Daehan likes to do things on his own, I'm still just wishing for this.

Me too ! And also I hope that daehan will be more talkative . 

• Like 4

with things going around the triplets, it looks like Minguk is becoming more as the eldest of the 3, he can communicate with others clearly esp with the adults while Daehan is becoming more of a loner and seldom talks, Minguk acts and understands quickly every time his father tells him what to do, like when they were in a grocery and in the spa, though he cries easily like a baby when something goes wrong.

I am sorry, but i disagree. Minguk probably more talk active and smarter than Daehan. But Daehan has his own way showing to lead his brother. Not being talk nor being smart. he's quiet, but when it come to dicipline, he's the first being obey. in the short clip for next episode when they were punished, while both of his brother cry, he's not. probably he's as confuse as both brother why they're punished, but he's more collected and calm to face the situation. He probably more understand that they're wrong..therefore they deserve the punishment. it showing he's more grown up then the other two.

During visit to learn manner back then, Mingook and Manse playing around to the point Migook scolded by the teacher and cried. Manse run to his dad's lap to seek for comfort. Daehan did not. he probably didn't understand why they need to learn this mannerism thing too, he want to play too, but he can read the situation better. everyone around him was so serious, so he was serious too.

Honestly speaking, sometimes i feel people overlook Daehan's quietness being and put him overshadows by his brother. But believe me, sometimes you may lead people by quietly and got a good result too. Since i am a football fans, i give you an examples how Germany national football team won the world cup after several times trying. One of it was because they're captained by the quiet leader Philipp Lahm. Before Lahm, their captain always the explosive charismatic leader Oliver Kahn and Michael Ballack. But see, Lahm successfully lead the team to lift the world cup instead of Kahn and Ballack. Compare to Kahn or Ballack, Lahm is soo laidback and quiet, but his team mates really appreciated him and thank him for his leadership when he retired. well, being quiet does not mean he can not lead...he just want to lead with his own way...And i believe that's Daehan will do as well...

Edited by aprodithe
  • Like 4

I am sorry, but i disagree. Minguk probably more talk active and smarter than Daehan. But Daehan has his own way showing to lead his brother. Not being talk nor being smart. he's quiet, but when it come to dicipline, he's the first being obey. in the short clip for next episode when they were punished, while both of his brother cry, he's not. probably he's as confuse as both brother why they're punished, but he's more collected and calm to face the situation. He probably more understand that they're wrong..therefore they deserve the punishment. it showing he's more grown up then the other two.

HI  nice meeting you, i appreciate and respect your views,  the reason why i said that is because i look at it on a different perspective, he seems more mature in doing tasks, his interactions with other people is good, he is not afraid to ask help. i really want daehan to explore, but i guess being serious is really his character, i agree with you that he is the obedient one and that shows his maturity in that aspect, but they are still kids, so being playful and be punished is just normal and part of growing up,  but i still need to see him interact more esp with his 2 brothers.  Thank you chingu for this chance to exchange our views. 

Edited by chocomintcandy
  • Like 6

HI  nice meeting you, i appreciate and respect your views,  the reason why i said that is because i look at it on a different perspective, he seems more mature in doing tasks, his interactions with other people is good, he is not afraid to ask help. i really want daehan to explore, but i guess being serious is really his character, i agree with you that he is the obedient one and that shows his maturity in that aspect, but they are still kids, so being playful and be punished is just normal and part of growing up,  but i still need to see him interact more esp with his 2 brothers.  Thank you chingu for this chance to exchange our views. 

Yes, Daehan is easily distracted doing task, so does Manse. While Mingook eventhough he also distracted too, he always suceed with his task. But that it's just from one perspective. Speaking about explore, Daehan LOVED exploring. he's the first to jump on the field when both of his brother didnt want to. He and Mingook complained about being dirty in the mud few months a go, but now, he's the first to jump on the mudfield. no complain even without shoes on the mud field. He's the first to arrive on the hill..by himself. With his own way, he encouraged his brother go uphill too, without asking for anyone help or spoke like " come on mingook, manse go uphill"...When he does not talk, i notice, he always observe everything around him before he speak. when the food served, the first thing he does is not eating the food, but watching the food closely, examine what is that, how to eat,  and that stare at his brother's plate, and then only he eat. he's observant and explorer, not talk active nor playfull.

He's not as playful as Manse and not even as Mingook. his dad said that he always serious..that's his character. that's why his dad said " they're very different...that's why interesting to raise them"...can you imagine if he's as playfull as Manse and as talk active as Mingook? no different character from them. And don't forget the people who saw them for real. they said that Mingook is cuter than what we see on tv, Manse is funnier and playfull then on tv, AND DAEHAN IS MORE RESPONSIBLE THAN WHAT IT SHOWING ON TV. another comment was from Lee Hwijae. he said that while both of his brother playing, Daehan act like an older brother, observing them quietly while sitting on the couch.

What we see on the 30 minutes of footage does not judging how responsible Daehan is to show that he act the eldest amongst them. 

Edited by aprodithe
  • Like 3

with things going around the triplets, it looks like Minguk is becoming more as the eldest of the 3, he can communicate with others clearly esp with the adults while Daehan is becoming more of a loner and seldom talks, Minguk acts and understands quickly every time his father tells him what to do, like when they were in a grocery and in the spa, though he cries easily like a baby when something goes wrong.

During visit to learn manner back then, Mingook and Manse playing around to the point Migook scolded by the teacher and cried. Manse run to his dad's lap to seek for comfort. Daehan did not. he probably didn't understand why they need to learn this mannerism thing too, he want to play too, but he can read the situation better. everyone around him was so serious, so he was serious too.

Honestly speaking, sometimes i feel people overlook Daehan's quietness being and put him overshadows by his brother. But believe me, sometimes you may lead people by quietly and got a good result too. Since i am a football fans, i give you an examples how Germany national football team won the world cup after several times trying. One of it was because they're captained by the quiet leader Philipp Lahm. Before Lahm, their captain always the explosive charismatic leader Oliver Kahn and Michael Ballack. But see, Lahm successfully lead the team to lift the world cup instead of Kahn and Ballack. Compare to Kahn or Ballack, Lahm is soo laidback and quiet, but his team mates really appreciated him and thank him for his leadership when he retired. well, being quiet does not mean he can not lead...he just want to lead with his own way...And i believe that's Daehan will do as well...

To be fair tho, we haven't discovered the reason of that scene yet. Daehan to me appeared to be a bit clueless at times, so I honestly don't know how to view that scene as we haven't seen it yet. And Daehan is always serious. He jokes once in a while, but most of the time he is serious. But I agree, being talkative and smart don't automatically make Minguk the leader. As the eldest, Daehan is the natural leader. This trait is often (not always) seen in firstborn child. And Daehan has that stuborness, authoritative attitude to match for it. He's gentle, but he knows what he wants. I think both Minguk and Manse know this and respect him. As for Minguk, i think he is the peacekeeper, the order retainer. He win over Manse and he let himself lose to Daehan. Several times he take the role of the hyung (example: ep.71 when Daehan did not want to let Minguk and Manse look out of the window, and ep. 86 in Sauna). While Daehan was distracted, Minguk kept things straight. The thing with Minguk is, he is always looking out for Daehan and Manse. In that sauna scene, Daehan and Minguk went running errand as a team. Daehan went back first right after he got the drink, but Minguk automatically looked for Daehan when he was about to go back to their Dad. That's why i see him more as the order retainer. 

• Like 7

To be fair tho, we haven't discovered the reason of that scene yet. Daehan to me appeared to be a bit clueless at times, so I honestly don't know how to view that scene as we haven't seen it yet. And Daehan is always serious. He jokes once in a while, but most of the time he is serious. But I agree, being talkative and smart don't automatically make Minguk the leader. As the eldest, Daehan is the natural leader. This trait is often (not always) seen in firstborn child. And Daehan has that stuborness, authoritative attitude to match for it. He's gentle, but he knows what he wants. I think both Minguk and Manse know this and respect him. As for Minguk, i think he is the peacekeeper, the order retainer. He win over Manse and he let himself lose to Daehan. Several times he take the role of the hyung (example: ep.71 when Daehan did not want to let Minguk and Manse look out of the window, and ep. 86 in Sauna). While Daehan was distracted, Minguk kept things straight. The thing with Minguk is, he is always looking out for Daehan and Manse. In that sauna scene, Daehan and Minguk went running errand as a team. Daehan went back first right after he got the drink, but Minguk automatically looked for Daehan when he was about to go back to their Dad. That's why i see him more as the order retainer. 

that scene on the 2bd  yellow already happened.  it was during episode when the teacher scold Mingook, i didn't remember the number of episode. but that was when the teacher ask Daehan to hold Mingook to comfort him.

For me, Daehan "forced" being leader. his natural personality is quiet and observant. but during the process, he was "forced" to handle things on his own because both of his parents take care his sick brothers (pls note that  i am not blaming them. it's just the way it was...SIK and his wive doing their best to raise them, look at them now..). Since he's quiet, he's not easily warm up to people (kind of Sarang). and then since he's independent, he can take care of himself (getting shot on the doctor by himself, jump in the waterpool by himself). So, when he's not easily ask people when doing an errand, it's because he thought he can doing it himself.

I agree that Mingook is like the order retainer. since Daehan is sometimes distracted while doing an errand, and then focus on whatever he's observed then on the errand, and Manse is too busy playing rather than doing the errand, Mingook who's so focus is the order retainer. and just like i keep saying, what make them interesting is the way their interaction. If Daehan is solo kid, he would be more like Sarang or sung Joon (Sung Dong il's serious and bookish son). If Mingook is a solo kid, he would be more like Kim Mingook from appa odiga (smart boy, always focus, easily cry and scared) and Manse would be more like Lee Junsu (the famous 4D Lee Jonghyuk's son)...

Edited by aprodithe
  • Like 4

that scene on the yellow already happened.  it was during episode when the teacher scold Mingook, i didn't remember the number of episode. but that was when the teacher ask Daehan to hold Mingook to comfort him.

For me, Daehan "forced" being leader. his natural personality is quiet and observant. but during the process, he was "forced" to handle things on his own because both of his parents take care his sick brothers (pls note that  i am not blaming them. it's just the way it was...SIK and his wive doing their best to raise them, look at them now..). Since he's quiet, he's not easily warm up to people (kind of Sarang). and then since he's independent, he can take care of himself (getting shot on the doctor by himself, jump in the waterpool by himself). So, when he's not easily ask people when doing an errand, it's because he thought he can doing it himself.

I agree that Mingook is like the order retainer. since Daehan is sometimes distracted while doing an errand, and then focus on whatever he's observed then on the errand, and Manse is too busy playing rather than doing the errand, Mingook who's so focus is the order retainer. and just like i keep saying, what make them interesting is the way their interaction. If Daehan is solo kid, he would be more like Sarang or sung Joon (Sung Dong il's serious and bookish son). If Mingook is a solo kid, he would be more like Kim Mingook from appa odiga (smart boy, always focus, easily cry and scared) and Manse would be more like Lee Junsu (the famous 4D Lee Jonghyuk's son)...

I mean, the one in the preview. We don't really know what happens so we can't judge. The second yellow line is for Daehan being serious. I feel like serious is his character, so i don't know if he is serious because he understand the situation or because he is always serious :) I do see what you mean by he is "forced" to be a leader. But that's basically our perception. Do we have the credibility to judge and take that as a fact? As you said, we only see glimpses of their life. We don't even know how their parents treat them most of the time. Of course, the way parents raise children sure make great impact on how their personality will take shape, but maybe, just maybe, he is a born leader. Just like how Minguk is sweet and Manse is playful, Daehan is independent. 

Edited by justsomegirl
typo
  • Like 4

Rather than discussing who acts like the eldest brother I think what’s more interesting is their character development.

I think Manse changed the most out of the triplets. During the early episodes, he used to misbehave and throw tantrums a lot. But now, he listens to Song Il Gook well and does everything appa tells him to do. It took me the longest time to start liking him because I thought he was such a rascal but seeing how well-behaved he’s now, it shows how a good parenting makes a difference.

Daehan changed a lot as well. Most of you might disagree with me on this but I think he used to cling to Song Il Gook the most. Maybe he did because of his shy personality or a lack of attention from his father as Song Il Gook said that he and his wife used to pay more attention on Manse and Minguk because they needed it. But now, he is more independent and not so awkward around strangers anymore.

Minguk changed the least. He’s still easy-going, affectionate and smart. But he is less of a scaredy-cat now. I’m glad he overcame his fear of animals, dirt and hairdressers.

There are a lot of remarkable things about the triplets but I think the most precious one is their brotherly-bond. I’ve never seen siblings that would be as loving and caring toward each other at such a young age as the triplets. They used to fight a lot over toys and other things but now rather than to fight they prefer to share.

I have to applaud Song Il Gook and his wife for their amazing parenting. It's not perfect but it's the best one I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by Miree
  • Like 11

Rather than discussing who acts like the eldest brother I think what’s more interesting is their character development.

I think Manse changed the most out of the triplets. During the early episodes, he used to misbehave and throw tantrums a lot. But now, he listens to Song Il Gook well and does everything appa tells him to do. It took me the longest time to start like liking him because I thought he was such a rascal but seeing how well-behaved he’s now, it shows how a good parenting makes a difference.

Daehan changed a lot as well. Most of you might disagree with me on this but I think he used to cling to Song Il Gook the most. Maybe he did because of his shy personality or a lack of attention from his father as Song Il Gook said that he and his wife used to pay more attention on Manse and Minguk because they needed it. But now, he is more independent and not so awkward around strangers anymore.

Minguk changed the least. He’s still easy-going, affectionate and smart. But he is less of a scaredy-cat now. I’m glad he overcame his fear of animals, dirt and hairdressers.

There are a lot of remarkable things about the triplets but I think the most precious one is their brotherly-bond. I’ve never seen siblings that would be as loving and caring toward each other at such a young age as the triplets. They used to fight a lot over toys and other things but now rather than to fight they prefer to share.

I have to applaud Song Il Gook and his wife for their amazing parenting. It's not perfect but it's the best one I’ve ever seen. 

@Miree ...I like your words..  100% agree with you.. :lol:

• Like 2

Guest Iu Starz

While I am enjoying reading some observations of the kids in this tread, sometime i can't help to think that the viewers are being super critical to the kids-that we forgot they are only KIDS...even a small lacking on the kids been pointed out like a major issue-that it is wrong for them for not being perfect up to the viewer satisfaction standard. well i wonder if the viewers behave that perfect while they were small. while the kids surround me are more challenging in behaviour than the calm SIB kids, i appreciate and enjoy what they did even it might be differently interpreted by some viewers...

Edited by Iu Starz

Guest leix_

Interesting. I share your view and observation of them. :)

As for the preview next week, I agree we don't have a clue as to what happened yet and why Manse & Minguk are crying a lot while Daehan is not. It's not negative since they're still kids but I agree that he really seems to be clueless sometimes or seems a bit late than the 2. Most make out his silence as being more mature but I don't always agree to it, It might or might not be the case again there or Manse and Minguk were the main "culprits". And to be fair as well, they have grown and learned so much from ep 62 where Minguk was scolded by the teacher.

Discussions like these are what make threads active and what forums are for. I don't think anyone here is being critical about the kids because we know they are kids - kids who are growing and changing everyday. These are observations and not judgments. At the end of it, we still adore all of them. It's not to criticize them but for the purpose of sharing with the fellow viewers only.  Hopefully no one is offended especially when their favorite is being talked about not according to their views. Of course, it's not gonna be all positive because no one is perfect.
I personally would love to hear more about what other viewers think of JiOn and the 9-yr old Twin girls later on.

Edited by leix_

My little 'issue' with HJW is that he's copying what SIK does to the Triplets. NOT that it's a bad thing because most parents are probably teaching their kids what SIK teaches them and it's not like he invented them or something. It's just that sometimes the things that he makes them do is too much for 2-year olds. Example would be when he asked SeoJun to order eventhough he isn't speaking that well yet and made him hold the plate which was very heavy for him. Maybe it would have been better if he showed how it was done and made SeoJun repeat it. Making his 2-year old Twins do what the 3-year old Triplets are just learning to do does not really seem like a good idea for now.

I agree... 

While I am enjoying reading some observations of the kids in this tread, sometime i can't help to think that the viewers are being super critical to the kids-that we forgot they are only KIDS...even a small lacking on the kids been pointed out like a major issue-that it is wrong for them for not being perfect up to the viewer satisfaction standard. well i wonder if the viewers behave that perfect while they were small. while the kids surround me are more challenging in behaviour than the calm SIB kids, i appreciate and enjoy what they did even it might be differently interpreted by some viewers...

I totally agree... 

I learn so much from this variety show and read all your comment, peeps...

Gomawo 

• Like 2

I sincerely apologize if I offended some of you. My observation is just things that i can't help noticing while watching them every week. I'm not judging them, of course. I know they ARE kids. I'm not holding a standard or expect perfect behavior from them. Flaws and quirks are part of their charm as well. Just like how Minguk is a crybaby and a total neat freak and how Manse is a princess, i personally think clueless Daehan is super cute. I love them all dearly, with Minguk and Seojun being my favorite for the sole reason of them being super smart. I just have this weird attraction towards smart kids :D and i think I observe their behavior and personality quite equally.

About Jion, as she grows up, I can see her as the most naturally sweet baby, even more than Minguk. She's so gentle i felt like crying watching her patting younger babies on the street and putting piano cover over the puppies. Maybe because she is raised with saboemi and other dogs, she learned to be loving like that. I think it's amazing for her to have that loving attitude at that age. Her father tho, I think he needs to get a hold of himself some more when dealing with Jion. He seems startled and doesn't know what to do every time Jion does something surprising (like throwing her shows out the boat). I guess he haven't found a suitable method of disciplining for her.  

• Like 3

i just  watched bits  and  pieces  of  ep  89  bec  i  was  curious  with  the  new  family.i  was  pleasantly surprised  they're  very    entertaining.  i  just  find  the  younger  twins  very  amusing,  they're  so  cute  and  they're  like  any  kids  not  trying  to  be  cute  or  special.  they  don't  wear  fancy  clothes  unlike ji  ohn.  my  beef  against  ji  ohn  is  that  she's  like a little  kid  in   granny's  clothes.  her  clothes  are so  long,  frumpy  and  not  fit  for a young  girl.   toddler she is  being  weighed  down  by  her  clothes.  the  twin  girls  have a  wider  vocabulary  than  ji ohn who  is  older  than  them.  i  jsut  wish  uhm  tae  woong  would  bring  her  to a  speech  therapist.  she  seems  to  be  answering  all  questions  with  apa  or  oma.  maybe  she  needs  playmates/

• Like 3

I mean, the one in the preview. We don't really know what happens so we can't judge. The second yellow line is for Daehan being serious. I feel like serious is his character, so i don't know if he is serious because he understand the situation or because he is always serious :) I do see what you mean by he is "forced" to be a leader. But that's basically our perception. Do we have the credibility to judge and take that as a fact? As you said, we only see glimpses of their life. We don't even know how their parents treat them most of the time. Of course, the way parents raise children sure make great impact on how their personality will take shape, but maybe, just maybe, he is a born leader. Just like how Minguk is sweet and Manse is playful, Daehan is independent. 

Yes, Daehan is always serious. but I notice he's also observant. the first thing he does when he enter a room, he always observer the room and the people. and he behave how is the room situations. he can be joker and playfull during  story telling episode (when they're using hanbook so they can enter the place for free lmao), and full of spirit like when they're in the ballets and karate's episode. But when everyone looks so silent and serious, he will be quiet and serious like that episode.

And yes, we dont have the credibitily to judge. but my word "force" being the leader is from his father himself. you may check few earlier episode when he said that he feels thankfull to Daehan that he always show a strong face when he and his wives paid attention more to his brother because they're sick and need them more. that's why he always being independent and even help him.

I am sorry, which one that we super critical ?? i dont see anyone here critic the kids. we just sharing opinion how the kids react to certain situation and trying to guess their personality. Maybe we compare them, but i re-read the comment in this page and i dont see anyone critical about the kids I am having a kids myself and i agree that SIB's kids is really calm..but i dont see any wrong to discuss about their personality.

I sincerely apologize if I offended some of you. My observation is just things that i can't help noticing while watching them every week. I'm not judging them, of course. I know they ARE kids. I'm not holding a standard or expect perfect behavior from them. Flaws and quirks are part of their charm as well. Just like how Minguk is a crybaby and a total neat freak and how Manse is a princess, i personally think clueless Daehan is super cute. I love them all dearly, with Minguk and Seojun being my favorite for the sole reason of them being super smart. I just have this weird attraction towards smart kids :D and i think I observe their behavior and personality quite equally.

About Jion, as she grows up, I can see her as the most naturally sweet baby, even more than Minguk. She's so gentle i felt like crying watching her patting younger babies on the street and putting piano cover over the puppies. Maybe because she is raised with saboemi and other dogs, she learned to be loving like that. I think it's amazing for her to have that loving attitude at that age. Her father tho, I think he needs to get a hold of himself some more when dealing with Jion. He seems startled and doesn't know what to do every time Jion does something surprising (like throwing her shows out the boat). I guess he haven't found a suitable method of disciplining for her.  

I dont see why you have to be sorry. we're discussing and even if we disagree at some point it does not change the fact that they're a cutie pie and good behaviour kids. the difference of pov is usual as long as we dont say harsh about the kids and that i dont see in your post.

Jion is super cute. Her social issue problem (the doctor said she's behind 10 months then her age) i think it's because she's lack of friends.Not to mention that her house is far away from another community. while triplet and Lee twins has each other to socialize and playing, Jion only has their dog. i love how she's very gentle towards animal. Its the good thing that his parents inherited. Maybe they can try to put her in day care to socialize with other kids. kind like triplet who has no problem welcoming anyone because they're getting used at day care.

• Like 2

SIG, Bows and Arrows...all the Jumong feels coming once this episode airs. :D

I wish he will do a horseback riding episode again, he is a good horse rider for real and one of the very few who can ride a running horse while shooting arrows. 

• Like 7