Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

Hi, just want to share with you that we at JungSeol ship have produced fanfic and would like for you to drop by the contest to have a read:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/01/vote-for-your-favorite-couple-in-shippers-contest-round-3-fanfiction/7/

If you like what you see, please support us by voting here:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/01/vote-for-your-favorite-couple-in-shippers-contest-round-3-fanfiction/11/

Thank you!

Hi everybody! I'm a new fan of Kim Go Eun! I love Cheese and the trap! And watched some of movies as well! She's amazing! I'm just curious does any of you know her blood type? I'm into these Blood Type Personality thing. Thanks! Fighting! Hugs!

• Like 3

[NEWS - 04 APRIL 2016] ACCORDING TO ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY INSIDERS, KIM GO EUN IS NEAR THE END OF HER CONTRACT WITH HER CURRENT AGENCY, JANGIN ENTERTAINMENT, AND SHE WILL NOT BE RENEWING WITH THEM. SHE WILL BE A FREE AGENT AND WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW AGENCY.

http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=1312347

20160404095440_846914_400_657.jpg

cr: etoday

UPDATE: A JANGIN ENTERTAINMENT REPRESENTATIVE IS REFUTING THE PREVIOUS REPORT OF KGE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER AGENCY. THE REPRESENTATIVE SAID, "THERE IS STILL A LOT TIME LEFT IN HER CONTRACT. THE REPORT OF ENTERING THE FREE AGENCY MARKET IS NOT TRUE."

[MY DAILY][OSEN]

Kim Go-eun‘s agency fights rumor

Actress Kim Go-eun’s agency Jangin Entertainment on Monday stepped up to battle speculation that she would not extend her contract with the agency. 

“It is groundless to say Kim is not extending the contract with us,” a representative from Jangin Entertainment told local media. “We are discussing what her next project will be.”

The speculation came as another news outlet, Etoday, reported Kim is seeking a contract with another acting agency as her term had drawn to an end, citing a person familiar with the entertainment industry. 

According to Jangin Entertainment, her contract will not be terminated in the near future. 

Kim has risen to stardom in her breakthrough roles of Eun-gyo in novel-based Korean movie “A Muse” (2012) and Hong Sul in webtoon-based tvN drama series “Cheese in the Trap,” which ended March 1. 

Kim is costarring with veteran actress Youn Yuh-jung in upcoming film “Canola,” which is gearing up for a May release. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) 

source: KPOP HERALD

Sorry, chingus. I jumped the gun on this bit of news. IMHO I wouldn't be surprised if she does leave her agency maybe even after the premiere of her new film. She's a hot commodity right now. Bigger, more influential agencies with better resources and better adept in handling the media are probably courting her right now. 

• Like 3

Added new stills for the upcoming Korean movie "Canola"

photo713185.jpg

Added new stills for the upcoming Korean movie "Canola" (2015)

Directed by Director Chang

With Yoon Yeo-jeong, Kim Go-eun-I, Kim Hee-won, Sin Eun-jeong, Yang Ik-joon, Minho,...

Also known as "Canola"
Synopsis
A girl who went missing after an accident returns 10 years later and reunites with her grandmother.

Release date in Korea : 2016/05/19

photo713184.jpg

source

• Like 3

Actress Kim Go-eun plays mysterious granddaughter

Actress Kim Go-eun, who starred in the popular drama “Cheese in the Trap,” will return with the film “Canola” in May. 

The film centers on Gye-choon, a grandmother played by actress Youn Yuh-jung, and her granddaughter Hye-ji, played by Kim. Hye-ji returns home to Jejudo Island after disappearing for 12 years. Gye-choon does not know what happened during the years that her granddaughter went missing, but she is happy to have her back. 

Kim is expected to realistically portray the grandmother-daughter relationship in the film, as she has personal experience living with her grandmother. 

The film, directed by Yoon Hong-seung, will be released on May 19. 

source

• Like 3

Fashion is all about extraordinary ways to wear ordinary pieces sometimes, Kim Go-eun-I proves it

photo715155.jpg

"Cheese in the Trap" heroine Kim Go-eun-I attends a press conference for her upcoming movie,"Canola" in the afternoon on April 19th at Apgujeong CGV in Gangnam, Seoul. She is responding to photocalls for reporters.

"Canola" tells the ardent and heartwarming story between a grandmother and her granddaughter, who meet each other in 12 years.

The much loved veteran actress Yoon Yeo-jeong and the sought-after young actress in Chungmuro, Kim Go-eun-I, who proved her powerful acting abilities for her roles in 'A Muse' and "Coin Locker Girl", deliver the heart touching movie together this May. The opening date of "Canola" is May 19th.

photo715156.jpg

source

• Like 4

Yonhap News Agency

April 19, 2016

Family film ready to pull at heartstrings of Korea, China

By Chung Joo-won

SEOUL, April 19 (Yonhap) -- A Korean film about a grandmother who takes care of her rebellious granddaughter from Seoul is braced to pull at the heartstrings of Asia and plunge the entire continent into both tears and laughter.

Director Yoon Hong-seung on Tuesday described his new film "Canola" as a family movie that subscribes to "a common code of the heart."

"To all grandmothers, grandchildren mean the whole world and much more," he said during a press conference to promote the upcoming flick at the CGV-Apgujeong theater in southern Seoul.

Yoon Hong-seung, more widely known by his stage name "Director Chang," speaks during a press conference to promote his upcoming film "Canola" in Apgujeong, southern Seoul, on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Yoon Hong-seung, more widely known by his stage name "Director Chang," speaks during a press conference to promote his upcoming film "Canola" in Apgujeong, southern Seoul, on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Yoon, who goes by the stage name "Director Chang," elaborated on the film's scenario to film directing, in retrospect of his own mother who showed love that never ended until her last breath.

"My mother was a bit older than those of my peers, closer to a grandma than a mom," Yoon recalled.

"I'd recall complaining about it, even now that she's long been passed away," the South Korean director said, with hint of bittersweet nostalgia in his tanned, earnest-looking face.

The Korean title for "Canola" is "Gyechun Halmang," a Jeju dialect-style phrase meaning "Granny Gyechun."

Senior actress Yun Yuh-jung and rising actress Kim Go-eun attend a press conference to promote the upcoming Korean film "Canola" in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Senior actress Yun Yuh-jung and rising actress Kim Go-eun attend a press conference to promote the upcoming Korean film "Canola" in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Although the film waited a whole year to have its launch confirmed, the wait apparently paid off. It was sold as a Chinese remake even before filming began.

"Particularly, the emotional codes of Korea and China are extremely similar. 'Canola' is only one of countless South Korean works that had their copyrights sold to China."

The movie director said he was "beyond happy to be able to launch the movie in the same season as the movie is set in," when bright yellow canola flowers sway beautifully in the ocean breeze of Jeju Island. "Canola" is slated to launch on May 19.

Starring iconic senior actress Yun Yuh-jung and rising rookie Kim Go-eun, "Canola" unveils a soothing family story about granny Gyechun, who lives a traditional life in the southern Jeju Island as a female diver, known as "haenyeo" in Korean, and her rebellious granddaughter Hye-ji from Seoul.

Granny Gyechun, played by 68-year-old Yun, is surprised by the unexpected visit of her granddaughter Hye-ji, played by 24-year-old Kim. Despite 12 long years of being apart, the blunt old lady takes custody of Hye-ji. After days of a happy family union, some of the grandma's old neighbors start to find the girl suspicious.

Senior actress Yun Yuh-jung and rising actress Kim Go-eun appear on the official poster for the film "Canola." (Yonhap)

Senior actress Yun Yuh-jung and rising actress Kim Go-eun appear on the official poster for the film "Canola." (Yonhap)

Cinematizing the daily life of a haenyeo was not an easy task, Yun said.

The senior actress hurt her ear as she tried to take off the diving suit on her own. She was even bitten by an eel during her underwater acting.

"As an old woman, I've become increasingly timid when selecting my filmography. My age won't allow me to act in independent films like young actors anymore," she sighed, in spite of her challenging role as a haenyeo in "Canola," which involved abundant physical activity.

"I was dumbfounded to find my sea basket bigger than other haenyeos'. The director said I could not barter my basket for a smaller one, because a captain hanyeo is instantly identified by the size of her basket," she complained, to the amusement of the whole crowd at the press conference.

In the film, Yun is a "sanggun haenyeo," or a captain of the seawomen. Historically, sanggun haenyeo are considered to be the spiritual matriarch of the village who can bring all women in the village to unite in times of joy and tears.

A sanggun haenyeo cannot be a pushover -- Granny Gyechun rarely displays candid feelings to others -- but the strict old lady dearly loves her granddaughter.

Yun said, "Just like maternal love, grandmotherly love for their grandchildren is simply unconditional. Both are common factors for all cultures, but they are not exactly the same. As a parent myself, I know for a fact that parents try to teach their children. But grandmothers don't teach -- they simply love. For them, grandchildren are nothing but darlings."

Actor and SHINee member Minho watches actress Kim Go-eun wipe away tears during a press conference to promote the Korean film "Canola" in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actor and SHINee member Minho watches actress Kim Go-eun wipe away tears during a press conference to promote the Korean film "Canola" in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Just like the senior actor, Kim was chosen as the younger heroine of "Canola" from the beginning.

Yun insisted on casting Kim, calling her perfectly suited for the Hye-ji that she imagined from the screenplay.

Kim, who instantly rose to fame with the film "Eungyo" in 2012, has become the icon of All-Korean girlhood. Although her appearance is nothing like the fancy idol-turned-actresses that abound in the K-film scene these days, the cheerful actress is contacted by many directors who need a heroine with down-to-earth naivete.

Kim said she could easily put herself in Hye-ji's shoes because she has lived with her own grandmother since entering college six years ago -- a precious moment it has been, the actress said.

"I hated when she interfered with my life. I didn't want her to care about me, and sometimes I told her such feelings in impolite words," the young actress admitted regretfully.

The actress burst into tears when she muttered, "She has become older now. Elderly people can became seriously ill at any time."

After a pause to wipe away her tears, she said she decided to back her grandmother as she watched her grandmother in a vulnerable state of health.

Spoiler

Actor and SHINee member Minho poses during a press conference to promote the Korean film "Canola" in Seoul, on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actor and SHINee member Minho poses during a press conference to promote the Korean film "Canola" in Seoul, on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

"Canola" welcomes a lineup of diverse supporting actors.

Minho of K-pop boy band SHINee played Han, the childhood sweetheart of Hye-ji. Han is a pure-hearted young man from Hado village with a crush on Hye-ji.

The idol singer said he was nervous about his debut on the silver screen, although he has appeared on several television shows, including "To The Beautiful You," "Medical Top Team" and "Mrs. Cop 2."

Minho said he had cherished his dream of acting since SHINee debuted when he was a high school student. "After acting in television, I could not help imagining myself acting on the silver screen. I thought I'd do my best when I am given a chance, and fortunately I was able to meet a great director and scenario."

The singer-actor never hesitated to thank Kim for her support.

"Kim Go-eun and I are of the same age, but she is much more experienced on the big screen, with a large filmography under her belt. I tried hard to become close to her. In fact, I learned a great deal from her and she did her best to make me feel comfortable."

He said his first day of shooting came on the same day as Kim's.

"People are often bound by first time. She treated me so well on the first day that I will never forget that 'first day.'"

For Kim Hee-won, a supporting actor who plays the good-willed next door neighbor of Granny Gyechun, "Canola" has become a milestone in his acting career.

Kim, 46, has flaunted his trademark "Mr. Evil" acting in many of his previous works, including the office television series "Misaeng."

"The character is not just nice but simply angelic. I was moved by the uncalculating kindness that a neighbor can give," he said.

Actress Shin Eun-jung, the wife of star actor Park Sung-woong, said she put down all the fluff of an actress to act out her role as a warm-hearted fellow haenyeo of Granny Gyechun.

Despite occasional bouts of sea sickness, Shin felt incredibly comfortable about standing before cameras without makeup.

"There will be no film that better suits the month of family," the actress said, with fingers crossed about the film's May launch.

Film director Yoon Hong-seung (far L) and the stars of the family movie "Canola" pose during a press conference to promote the film in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

Film director Yoon Hong-seung (far L) and the stars of the family movie "Canola" pose during a press conference to promote the film in Seoul on April 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

jwc@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

April 20, 2016

‘Canola’ takes on generous grandma love

(Contents Nandakinda)

The cast of upcoming drama film “Canola” talked about grandmother’s love in a film promotion held at Apgujeong in Seoul on Tuesday. 

“Canola” cast includes star Kim Go-eun and veteran actress Youn Yuh-jung, who spoke in memory of their grandmother. 

“I have been living with my grandmother since the age of 20.” said Kim, who gained stardom after his role in tvN drama series “Cheese in the Trap.” “To me, acting in the movie is like giving a gift to my grandma.”

The movie centers on a delinquent young lady (Kim Go-eun) who settles in her grandmother’s house on Jejudo Island, 12 years after she left town. 

“Grandma’s love is totally different from parents’ love,” said Youn, who acts the grandmother.

The grandmother makes a living as a “haenyeo” -- or female diver who forages for seafood -- on the island.

“That was the hardest part while filming,” Youn said. “I was injured while taking off the swimsuit. I was bitten by an eel.”

(Contents Nandakinda)

Set against the backdrop of Jejudo’s exotic landscape, the grandmother shows unrewarded love to her granddaughter during her stay despite the troubles she makes.

“The scenario tore my heart,” Kim said, shedding tears. “I could totally understand the young lady’s feelings.”

Kim was recommended to be cast by Youn, who was inspired by her debut movie “A Muse” in 2012.

The movie is set to premier on May 19 in Korea. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

Hi, All. I'm back to share with you that the JungxSeol/PHJxKGE shipper team is in the final round of soompi shipper contest. Please come see our video which celebrates the JungxSeol couple from the show, Cheese in the Trap:

http://www.poll-maker.com/Q8O9GR0

You can vote 4 times per day from April 23 (12 AM) until April 27 (12 AM) (PDT). (Voting does not have to be done at 6-hr intervals.)

We hope you enjoy our team video:

Thank you.

-- TeamCheesyBriegade

• Like 1

Kim Go Eun Explains Why She Chopped Her Hair Off

Kim Go Eun Explains Why She Chopped Her Hair Off

Actress Kim Go Eun has shared the story behind her short new hairstyle.

On May 2, she surprised fans with her new look during the live movie talk session for the film “Canola” broadcast via Naver’s V app.

Responding to curious fans, the actress explained, “I rarely dye or perm my hair, but while appearing in a drama, I found myself in a situation where I had to receive both treatments two to three times per month.” She rocked long curly locks on the recently ended “Cheese in the Trap.”

“Because of that, my hair got severely damaged. I first got a bob cut, but then I just decided to go with this look,” she shares about her refreshing hair transformation.

source

• Like 2

SHINee’s Minho And Kim Go Eun Tease Love Line In Upcoming Film

SHINee’s Minho And Kim Go Eun Tease Love Line In Upcoming Film

In the upcoming film “Canola,” SHINee’s Minho plays the love interest of Kim Go Eun, who plays the main character.

On May 2, the directors and cast of “Canola” held a Naver V app live broadcast to discuss their new film. The movie stars Yoon Yeo Jung, Kim Hee Won, andShin Eun Jung in addition to Minho and Kim Go Eun.

The director said, “It’s a youthful romance. On the day that Minho and Kim Go Eun filmed, the female staff were very excited. It feels like a new twist on the genre.”

Kim Go Eun SHINee Minho

When Kim Go Eun was asked about the love line, she replied, “I think you can look forward to it.”

Minho was asked if the two share a kiss scene. “You can find out in the theater,” he said, playing coy.

“Canola” is set to be released in theaters in Korea on May 19 and tells the story of a granddaughter (Kim Go Eun) who returns to her grandmother’s (Yoon Yeo Jung) home after a mysterious twelve years.

source

• Like 2