[Drama 2013] Basketball( 빠스껫 볼)

Admin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched both episodes which I enjoyed a lot, its intense (enjoying Jo Hee-bong, multiple characterizations - he has done 4 so far).  Its 24 episodes and the interesting thing about it is its potential in telling the story from 3 different perspectives about basketball & life in terms of the leads.  All of them have a bit of naivete about them in terms of some aspects life and I believe that more episodes should/will show their individual and collective growth through the experiences they will encounter.
Kang San - poor all his life 24 year old high school student (kept in because of racist teacher) with a lot of potential, who loves his mother yet sees her & others struggling to live day to day.  His journey in how to succeed, love, grow & at the same time keep his dignity & individuality is what we will be anticipating in the upcoming episodes.  The latter part of episode 2 showed a bit of loss in naivete.  Ep 3 preview indicates the 1st step of this journey.
Shin Young - rich, young and naive about life in general which is expected considering her present life (she lives in a bubble to some extent). She is also unrealistic & a dreamer. Right now, I feel that she is just playing at being a journalist & is not sure what being a modern women is in that time. I think it is through Kang San, Chi Ho and some other experiences that she is likely to grow up.
Chi Ho - I have yet to grasp his true character except the idea of national pride of his Korean heritage and being able to truly represent it without being called a "Japan --g". But he does have pride in his sport, Kang San will challenge him in the future.
So the show is young but it has potential and tooth. In that respect it reminded of Gakistal (best for 2012). Therefore I will go on bus and see where it takes me hopefully at the same time enjoying the ride.
Take care everyone and gone for now.

Guest jjsweeter0211

tumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o1_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o2_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o3_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o4_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o5_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o6_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o7_250.giftumblr_mva1bvRYOR1rimmx0o8_250.gif
Rule number twelve: If you take the lady skating, the man should match his pace with hers and try to gently lead her across the ice. A man that can gently grab onto a woman’s hand to softly lead her across the ice, is an act that no woman can resist.

http://lovingdramas.tumblr.com/

I like this drama especially since I am a basketball fan.

Has anyone noticed the special appearances of Lee Jeong Jin and Oh Ji Ho as the street basketball players? I dont know if I missed anyone else, but I was quite surprised. That street basketball game had no rules what so ever .. I was watching it with my mouth wide open and shouting WTF!

I like San and Shin Young ... they look good together. Although I noticed Shin Young having second thoughts for Min Ho during the basketball game. I cant wait to find out how San will become Min Ho's rival on the court.

Guest united06

Episode 01 and 02 graphics ~

image-ACF1_5266D042.jpg

image-C6B3_526CB754.jpg

image-5AD6_526CB754.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team

English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Basketball English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7731-basketball-2013/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

I like this drama so far.  Really underrated...seeing how quiet this thread is.  Although I sorta understand why it was titled Basketball...maybe that's why the ratings are so low?  I'm guessing most people would pass it off as a simple sport drama.  Well...That and so many new names in the cast.

There are a few weak points.  Sometimes the scenes get overly emotional...but I fault that on SOME of the acting that feels borderline cheesy.  I like Do Ji Han so far though and that is what counts.  

And Jo Hee Bong (the guy who portrays various characters).  ha.  What a nice way to provide comic relief.  I think I am extra humored due to me loving his character on Good Doctor.  I look forward to seeing what else he comes out as.

I've just completed ep 3 and I'm not sure if Choi Min Ho is supposed to be opposite of Kang San or what.  But I kinda like him and am hoping that he will become more of a bromance figure.  heh heh  He's too handsome for me to hate.

jma030201 said: I like this drama especially since I am a basketball fan.

Has anyone noticed the special appearances of Lee Jeong Jin and Oh Ji Ho as the street basketball players? I dont know if I missed anyone else, but I was quite surprised. That street basketball game had no rules what so ever .. I was watching it with my mouth wide open and shouting WTF!

I like San and Shin Young ... they look good together. Although I noticed Shin Young having second thoughts for Min Ho during the basketball game. I cant wait to find out how San will become Min Ho's rival on the court.

Archived