[Drama 2013] Basketball( 빠스껫 볼)

Admin

bball4.jpgBasketball( 빠스껫 볼)Network: tvNAir date: September 2013Episodes: 18Air time: Mondays-Tuesdays at 22:00Director: Kwak Jung HwanWhere To Watch: DramaFever, VikiSynopsisSet during the turbulent years of the Japanese occupation until independence, and a few years before the division of Korea into North and South, the story is about the first and last time that Korea had a single, unified national basketball team, which made history by advancing to the quarterfinals of the 1948 London Olympics. The drama follows the loves, conflicts, unity, and emotional victory of young athletes who cling to to the sport as the bright spot in the darkness of their times.

Cast
fullsizephoto313585.jpg
Do Ji Han as Kang San Grows up in the late 1930s in a dirt-poor village, and dreams of overcoming a life of poverty and hardship by finding success as part of the national basketball team

bball5.jpg
Jung Dong Hyun as Min Chi Ho  Basketball star enjoying nationwide popularity. With his fame, he inspires pride and spirit in his compatriots in the midst of the difficulties suffered during the Japanese occupation. He and Kang San become rivals in basketball and love.
1002958_447072118722962_1439560551_n.jpg
Lee Elliya(Elriya?) as Choi Shin YoungComes from a rich family in the capital Kyeongseong (now Seoul) and attended school in Japan, after which she returns to Korea and begins working as a magazine reporter. Kang San falls in love with her despite the disparity in their social standing
re29tI75.jpg
YeEun(Wonder Girls) as Bong SoonAaid who speaks with a Chungcheong dialect. She came to work for Shin Young's family after her family lost its land during the Japanese occupation. She has a bright character and a knack at finding realistic solutions to problems

Other Cast Members:Ahn Suk HwanGong Hyung Jin
Jo Hee BongKIm Eung Soo
cr: hancinema.neten.wikepedia.org

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ocdee

Thanks for starting this thread! I am really keen on watching this since it sounds like an interesting time period. The basketball is besides the point :P. I like that the hype is low-key too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just read from ockoala that this show will premier in September, so soon! 
http://koalasplayground.com/2013/08/11/pd-kwak-of-chuno-returns-with-tvn-period-drama-basketball/

The plot sounds like "Miracle" meets "Eyes of Dawn" meets "Slam Dunk" with a splash of our favorite trope "love triangle" 
The posters look so good. Looking forward to this one :)
Edit two days later: According to Mister X, it will follow "Who Are You?" Premiers on Monday 9/23.

• 1 month later...

I'm so ridiculously excited for this drama, I'm not gonna lie. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase be good!!! Pleasepleaseplease. For the rest of the year, I'm only looking forward to this and Answer me, but this one is my numer 1 priority.

Thanks for the offcial stills and trailer, I'm already biting my nails heh

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/09/period-drama-basketball-to-premiere-in-october/
From Javabeans - premiering Monday October 21st!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooottttt

I want this drama NOW!!!  
oooooooooooooohhhh @jjsweeter0211 - thanks for posting the trailer. Looks interesting. I really like the visual colors used here, like a hybrid of 90s Hong Kong war stories/Eyes of Dawn. 

Guest jjsweeter0211

tumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho5_r1_250.giftumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho1_r1_250.giftumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho2_r1_250.giftumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho3_r1_250.giftumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho4_250.giftumblr_mtweaqA6cl1r0n47ho6_250.gif

"Drama series is set within the turbulent period between the Japanese colonial era and the division of Korea into North and South. Kang San  is from a poor family. He struggles to get away from poverty. Through the game of basketball, he becomes successful and meets a girl from the upper class. He dreams of their love overcoming the disparity in their social standing."

cr to owner

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Teasers out for tvN’s upcoming Basketball

by javabeans | September 29, 2013 | 

bball30.jpg

Woo, teasers are out for tvN’s upcoming period-sports-action drama Basketball, which is set in the 1940s during the Japanese occupation years and includes Korea’s liberation and then separation into North and South. I was looking forward to the show based on the premise alone—a poor young man finds his future and lifeline in basketball, which propels him to that historical 1948 Olympic team—but watching the previews offers the reminder to keep an eye out for the stylish action as well, which director Kwak Jung-hwan showed off in his prior dramas like Chuno and Conspiracy in the Court.

The drama’s a few weeks from premiere, and here are two previews to introduce the world of the show, starting with the young hero (Do Ji-han) who gets discovered and is promised a bright future with his amazing talent. Jung Dong-hyun plays the hotshot player who’s already a celebrity, a contrast to the rookie hero, in a classic rivals-and-opposites setup. I do expect their relationship to eventually find some common ground since they’ll become teammates, but I’m betting there’ll be plenty of conflict to keep them at odds along the way. I like the grit in Do Ji-han’s character; from the previews, it appears there are people who want to use him and his skills for their own gain, but he is not about to let them walk all over him. Love it.

Read the rest here

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/09/teasers-out-for-tvns-upcoming-basketbal

Archived