[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=1431149  From google translate, seems like an article that speculates as to  whether they are gonna include the entertainment grand prize at the SBS awards as part of the RM shoot on 25th. 

Still wondering why the shoot is being preponed to 25th. Is it the members (except YJS who will have to be there at the awards) who want to skip the event making their shoot an excuse or is it the production team which wants the awards to be part of the shoot? I have a strong feeling RM will get an award and that is why the shoot is on that day. The SBS officials might be persuading them to attend.

Just read another naver article saying the future of RM 2 is still unclear, but will depend on this season ending well after all that has happened. So I guess as part of that effort, SBS will try to get the members to attend the awards on the 25th.

Kooknim is also out on the very day Ji Hyo makes her first public appearance after the ruckus. Coincidence much! :tounge_wink:

Guest athoughtcloud1

There are many articles speculating whether RM cast will attend since this is their last year together at the awards for the show and coz RM has been a hugely popular SBS show which ran for 7 years. At the SBS awards, usually the RM team gets one of the most prominent tables  coz they are a big draw for both the domestic as well as the international audience. So SBS will definitely want them to attend. That is my feeling.

Hope JK and JH can just skip the event, but they are both so considerate! SBS is seriously shameless!

8 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

There are many articles speculating whether RM cast will attend since this is their last year together at the awards for the show and coz RM has been a hugely popular SBS show which ran for 7 years. At the SBS awards, usually the RM team gets one of the most prominent tables  coz they are a big draw for both the domestic as well as the international audience. So SBS will definitely want them to attend. That is my feeling.

Hope JK and JH can just skip the event, but they are both so considerate! SBS is seriously shameless!

I don't think the cast wants to attend, but RM is probably pressuring them, and they may have set up the filming date to be on 25 to have an eccuse and say the filming ended late so they can't attend

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
8 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

I don't think the cast wants to attend, but RM is probably pressuring them, and they may have set up the filming date to be on 25 to have an eccuse and say the filming ended late so they can't attend

Since YJS is nominated, the filming can't end that late coz he will have to attend. As the Nation's MC, he will have to attend the whole thing and not just show up for his part.  And his attending the awards alone for RM will look awkward and raise more speculations. So I guess SBS will try its maximum to pressurise everybody to attend.

28 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I see this a lot on instagram, why do they keep tagging @ Chen Bolin on Ji Hyo's pics and news... Wtf

Alot of mc shippers also tag Gary in Jihyo related pictures and news. I think it's more of if the person they tag likes the picture, means their ship is real kinda thing. 

• Like 2

Had a brief discussion with some people on Baidu regarding the unusual behaviour of JK in this incident.

First of all, it's my personal view.

Tiny was totally mad not purely because JK got forced off but also because of JH. I think if JK was the only one leaving, he would have stopped Tiny from posting those tweets, but because JH was hurt, he decided to actually do something about it instead of suffering alone. Although donating money seems like the kind of thing JK will do, but it indirectly insulted SBS and that was unusual for him. He could suffer alone all those year without revealing to the public(e.g. his ex- boss asked song writers not to write him songs or the military issue) and even though he is very emotionally attached to the running man family, it just didn't seem like the thing he would do. The first press release from JK's agency stated "yesterday(13/12) we made the final decision together with the Running man Production team, JK will focus on his solo activity and will have his last filming on the 19/12. Unlike JH, JK knew he is leaving about 2 days before this whole mess but he didn't say a thing. Although JH's company's initial press release gave a similar meaning to JK's, I'm not sure at that time JH and her company had communicated or not. Would they have come clean about being forced off without the news breaking out? Would someone investigate into it without Tiny's tweets hinting the story behind? To be honest, If they both denied it, the story would be totally different. Also, we all noticed that they have been releasing the statements together, I believe that if it's not spartace, things would not been have done this way.

(I know it sounds a bit contradicting but I hope you will understand what I'm trying to say.)

Others point of view:

JK is a veteran "entertainer" whom has experienced multiple bans before, it is hard to believe that he was just irrational and decided to slap SBS in the face. He once said in an interview that he was willing to be submissive and would bow to every command just to get someone to write a song for him when he was being shut out. So what he did just because he was forced out is hard to believe. He had said multiple times that he wants to quit running man and he was actually informed by the production team so this decision made by them was just hard for us to accept but certainly not that harsh in their industry's standard. Also, JK wouldn't have allowed Tiny to post those tweets if he doesn't want it, just like the photos spartace had with myuk pd or with Tiny(If you have watched Gina's youtube video you must know that she was asked not to post the photo she had with JK to avoid her being annoyed by fans). Moreover, Kang Hoo Dong who is well respected by JK was going to be the replacement, so JK might think that it will benefit running man and be willing to leave alone quietly, but there's JH so the situation changes.

JH just signed a new contract with a small company, how can she fight against SBS? In his point of view, procedurally SBS did inform JK, so if JK didn't speak up but just JH, SBS might actually be able to keep this whole thing quite and no one will ever know the truth. JK's personality makes him the type that will always choose to suffer alone and will not choose to go against SBS because they can always work together again. However, because JH has suffered, he might have asked Tiny to help fight back. Tiny clearly knows the effect social media can have and he is JK's best friend, he must have considered the consequences before posting.

Sorry for my bad english

• Like 12

I agree that SJH being fired was what made KJK take action and admit to the firing. KJK seems like the type to endure these things when they affect only him, but now SJH has been hurt (and quite a lot by the sound of it) so it makes sense that KJK would become angry and want to hurt SBS for their shitty decisions, and if SJH was fired because she is dating KJK (a possibility), then I think it would make the situation even worse. I think this situation became what it did not because KJK got fired as an individual but because KJK and SJH were fired together. 

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1

Thanks a lot @chelseafjl8 for sharing your thoughts.  I was just following a similar discussion on baidu.  From what I understood via google translate,   I believe one of the posters was saying that while JK has suffered alone all these years, lately he has been speaking up like we saw in the case of the X-ray insta post, so this may also be like that.  Also, JK being forced to quit his variety show is something that may affect his standing in the industry - others may also do the same thing to him in the future. So somebody was saying that more than it being a case of revenge against SBS, it could be about giving a warning to others that he won't take it lying down. So, yes, there is an element of self-preservation to it. The Turbo and solo album thing happened long back. JK now doesn't need to be as patient as he once used to be.

To me,even if JK and JH leave quietly, industry insiders will know the real story. So it is always a risk in the case of future projects since the production team may think his value is only that much.  I also feel that perhaps JK was okay with being asked to leave, but the way it was done may have angered him. Imagine being told 2 days before that you were being let off and that the farewell episode would be filmed the next Monday. He wasn't given enough time to process his leaving the show.

Yet you have a point that JK took a huge risk by going against SBS this way! He has worked with them for 10 years. In fact, all his hit shows have come from SBS, so better in some ways to be patient and wait for them to give him another show in the future. Again, JK respects KHD a lot, so he knows his speaking up against him being fired will create a situation which may turn out to be awkward for KHD. So yes, something seems to have pissed JK off really badly this time and when you explore that, it seems  too much of a coincidence that the tweets from Tiny came after it was known that JH was also being let off. So I agree with another poster there that while JK may have his personal reasons to attack SBS, the anger in Tiny's tweets is not the usual JK style - it could be fuelled by someone dear to him getting hurt. Like you said, a small and new agency like JH's wouldn't have had the courage to speak up against SBS unless they knew JK was also going to support them. Like @linzer03, I too feel that JK is a team man who would have let it go if it was only about himself, but that  he doesn't have the same patience when someone dear to him is hurt. 

There is also a non-shipper angle to the timing of Tiny's tweets. JK may have been pissed with what SBS had done to him, but if he spoke up only for himself, it may seem like he couldn't accept something that was the industry norm. But having another person on the same boat may have helped him protest since it wouldn't be seen as only about him.

I think through Tiny, perhaps they were gauging the mood as to whether fans were going to support them or not? Similarly, JH's agency was also quite careful with their statements in the beginning. If you remember in the second statement JH's agency put up, they refused to speak on JH's emotional state and added that they didn't want to turn it into a controversy. But once it blew into a big issue with people openly supporting them, there was that article about JH locking herself in her room and crying her heart out. Such news can only come from an insider. So I think while her agency was initially careful, they decided to become more proactive once they realised that the public opinion was in JK-JH's favour. 

The agencies have also worked together through the whole mess - if one of them had contradicted the other, things would have been really hard. It is also interesting that these days, JH's agency statement also includes JK's. Perhaps it is coz they need JK's voice to give support to certain things that might create a controversy. If JH's agency only reports that JH is going to give her remaining salary to charity, a move that is an indirect slap on SBS' face, it may be taken as her taking things too far - after all, SBS gave her a show which made her a household name. But when JK's name is added along with hers, it will become more acceptable coz of JK being in the industry for  long.

I would say it is a mix of personal and professional reasons. But one thing is for sure - unless they were really close, they couldn't have worked together like this. Just like JK had many reasons to keep quiet about his being fired from the show, JH had her reasons too. After all, she is an actress who might need SBS for her future drama projects. There will always be conflict of interest in situations like this - the end of RM means different routes for the two of them. JH need not do any variety shows in the future to focus solely on her acting. So she can keep quiet if she wants since her agency is also pretty new. JK can go ahead with his protest alone if he wants and in his case, while it may be good to have one more person speak along with him, he still has the industry standing to go against SBS on  his own. He might understand JH if she doesn't want to go along with him. So considering the different career trajectories that they might take now, I believe their choosing to support each other is revealing.  Again, unless their partnership was that strong, it couldn't have withstood the pressure SBS must have applied on them to retract their statements and go along with their version of it being a matter of 'miscommunication'.

Again, can't we also think JH is also getting uncharacteristically angry coz of what happened to JK? She, on RM, initially had a much more rebellious side, but down the years, she has become more compromising for the sake of the team. She wouldn't have played the Monday GF for so long and even allowed them to make her do MC fanservice while she was doing another dating show if she had protested more. Her acting career always suffered coz of RM, so she need not have made such an issue out of being fired, however unfair it was. Also for a female entertainer to speak up against her being fired is rare in the k-industry. So perhaps JH also being so proactive is coz she has been hurt by what SBS did to JK too. 

@chelseafjl8 Please translate for us more of your discussions on baidu if they have something new to add.

Guest athoughtcloud1

Thinking it through,, I don't think initially JH was in any state to protest for the two of them. For one thing, she didn't get time to process it unlike JK who had 2 days for that. Again, this is her first big variety show while JK has done quite a lot of them and may have experienced similar things in the past. Also, JH is more emotional in some ways. So I would say the initial anger came from JK's side where he was the one who was the driving force behind their protests. Once JH got out of that highly emotional phase, I think she became more determined and proactive as we can see in her agency's later statements.

I do agree with the "behaving this one because a significant other has been affected as well" theory and I think especially much so for JK who has and will suffer in silence otherwise. He kept his injured back reason for decades! 

But I still maintain that if they are so close (which by all accounts seems like they are), the shock factor may have come from being blindsided about JH's ouster. When RM called JK's side to sack him, JH must have known pretty much immediately that he was a goner. There's no way he didnt tell her. But what SBS likely hid from them at that time was that it affected JH as well. Why it took 1 more day to tell JH, we dont know. 

Btw, can someone give me the link to the specific Baidu thread where they talk about this?

• Like 6

Guest athoughtcloud1
20 minutes ago, myrunningman1 said:

I do agree with the "behaving this one because a significant other has been affected as well" theory and I think especially much so for JK who has and will suffer in silence otherwise. He kept his injured back reason for decades! 

But I still maintain that if they are so close (which by all accounts seems like they are), the shock factor may have come from being blindsided about JH's ouster. When RM called JK's side to sack him, JH must have known pretty much immediately that he was a goner. There's no way he didnt tell her. But what SBS likely hid from them at that time was that it affected JH as well. Why it took 1 more day to tell JH, we dont know. 

Btw, can someone give me the link to the specific Baidu thread where they talk about this?

The discussion I followed was this on SA baidu http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4861006821?pn=7

3 hours ago, bogummish said:

Btw, does anyone please have a gif of KJK lifting SJH to help her stretch? It was from a fan camera and Jo Jung Suk and Haha were with them. They were all wearing pink adidas tracksuits.

Here's one photoset: http://spartaceforever.tumblr.com/post/106699386607/ep215-bts-spartace-moment-it-seems-that-jong

tumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo1_400.giftumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo2_400.gif

tumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo3_400.giftumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo4_400.gif

tumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo5_r3_400.giftumblr_nhfw0abkoU1svkawyo6_r2_400.gif

• Like 6

About this issue
I think we shouldn't compare RM to any other show under SBS , RM is for most of global fans a door to new culture and a lot of amazing variety show from s.korea ,  this show is mean a lot to JK i can see how he really care about the show , its not he never been known before this show , its about he and JH get more opportunity to new place , RM become a big stage for all members not only SA .
Losing that stage mean lose a lot of good chancees for many job ( which depended on RM popularity ) part of it its ( of course with 7 years working on show must build strong connected and you cant leave it easily ) lose  money ( and its not something to feel shame about ) this is how industry works,  so while i think its good step to donate money that they will take from SBS until February , i don't like the way its says : we decided to attend FM just for fans, cuz i see this is another story . 
Anyway ...
Back to another thing that i feel as you said why JK let Tiny speak loudly his time . 
I think JK find out he is no longer that pair with YJS ( yjs+JK + haha) and now thing change with ( YJS+Haha +LKS ) its not about personal relationship between him and yjs , but as i heard once that yjs usually take care of new people on industry with help and build character to them , now for JK its his time to take his own direction , i mean he knew even if rm ended under any reason on future he knew that he won't be with yjs on new show ( talking about sunday show ) , so fired like this out of all members on yjs show affect more his image .
And if i'm all wrong , i will be more happy if it's he only done this thing because JH . 
Maybe we will knew the full situation of SA been guest together on radio star :w00t:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, merada said:

Back to another thing that i feel as you said why JK let Tiny speak loudly his time . 
I think JK find out he is no longer that pair with YJS ( yjs+JK + haha) and now thing change with ( YJS+Haha +LKS ) its not about personal relationship between him and yjs , but as i heard once that yjs usually take care of new people on industry with help and build character to them , now for JK its his time to take his own direction , i mean he knew even if rm ended under any reason on future he knew that he won't be with yjs on new show ( talking about sunday show ) , so fired like this out of all members on yjs show affect more his image .
And if i'm all wrong , i will be more happy if it's he only done this thing because JH . 
Maybe we will knew the full situation of SA been guest together on radio star :w00t:

Erm I genuinely doubt it's about that. JK isn't that petty, in fact I would think he's proud of all the opportunities LKS is getting, since he had a hand in creating his character. JK is a very loyal person, so the fact that he was blindsided this way, he probably felt extremely betrayed. Nothing to do with the whole Yoo-Line thing. I'm pretty sure YJS-JK will work together again, they are considered the golden combo.

YJS knows JK can work on his own, but chooses to work with him cause out of all the Yoo Line, JK is the only that can ground him. LKS is great and all, but YJS and LKS alone without a straight man, would be an extremely messy show.

The whole theory about him standing up for Jihyo, might actually be true, since a lot of his friends have said that he is always there to stand up for them. 

Danny Ahn of G.O.D has said that if he feels a junior is rude, he would go to JK and complain about it. Even the episode where his mother was on, they explained the reason why he got into so much trouble as a kid, was because he would beat people up if they bullied his friends. 

JK is someone who tends to suffer silently if he's bullied, but if someone bullies anyone close to him, all hell breaks loose. 

• Like 6