Food/meal and beverages that you saw in K-dramas

nov6060

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OreoVampire

nov6060 said: full house - first class inflight meal...

SHK said to Bi Rain : you don't eat that? can I have it?
(she 's so starving, she asked for Rain's leftovers, haha)

538uw9.jpg

cr to kbs

Guest OreoVampire

class="title"After Dinner: Tea or Coffee with Fruit Dessert

In Korean drama setting, after dinner, they usually sit down together to have tea or coffee with fruit desserts.

Apples, Pears, and Persimmons are popular fruit desserts and in summer time, they bring Orange, Banana, etc.

drama_scene_eating_pear.png

source: http://www.foodinkoreandrama.com/fruit_dessert_korean_drama/

wow this thread gets a lot of posts really fast lol
i didn't really feel different, i've always had clear skin so i can't tell you if its good for your skin. but koreans believe it will keep u energized.
jajangmyun is reallly good in korea, but there isn't any good places in the US that i've found yet. people often eat it with this fried pork in sweet sauce, which i really enjoy.
ramen is kind of a default food for koreans, if me and my friends are together, or if me and a girl are together, and we are just sitting around at home, ramen is very easy to cook. and it is easy to add things to it to make it taste better. when i was a kid, when i'd go out on over night trips, me and my fellow koreans would always have ramen at night. it is sort of a comfort food.
the sea weed soup is good for women after they have given birth. it replenishes lost blood. (so i've been told all my life lol)
the whole fruit and coffee/tea after dinner is a very accurate reflection of korean life. i am not sure why, but it just always been this way. at the very least, apple slices will be served. in real life, after the men are done eating fruit and halfway done with coffee, they will go sit outside and smoke and talk while drinking coffee, as korea is trying to lessen the image of cigarettes internationally, they often take them out of dramas. however you are more likely to encounter a man who smokes than a man who doesn't if you visit there.

we also like boiled eggs while traveling long distances. such as train rides. i believe chinese people also do this. i am not sure about other asian cultures.

ajlee613 said: ramen is kind of a default food for koreans, if me and my friends are together, or if me and a girl are together, and we are just sitting around at home, ramen is very easy to cook. and it is easy to add things to it to make it taste better. when i was a kid, when i'd go out on over night trips, me and my fellow koreans would always have ramen at night. it is sort of a comfort food.

Guest OreoVampire

wow thank you chingus @ajlee613 & @nov6060 for very insightful post. I love reading it.

By the way, ^ajlee613, are you Korean or Chinese, seems that you know much about Korean food, I think you are korean but your name sounds like Chinese. Thank you for lurking in here.

i am korean. Lee is one of the most common last names in korea with Kim and Park etc.
a lot of my non korean friends always like to go to korean resturants, and then they order things like kimchi bokum rice and stuff like that for high prices, and i am always like "that is cheap food you are paying a lot for" haha but apparently i do the same thing at chinese resturants haha.
because if the resturant food is the same stuff your mom mad at home since you were a child, it doesnt seem as worth it haha

ajlee613 said: i am korean. Lee is one of the most common last names in korea with Kim and Park etc.
a lot of my non korean friends always like to go to korean resturants, and then they order things like kimchi bokum rice and stuff like that for high prices, and i am always like "that is cheap food you are paying a lot for" haha but apparently i do the same thing at chinese resturants haha.
because if the resturant food is the same stuff your mom mad at home since you were a child, it doesnt seem as worth it haha

korean style fried sweet pork is yellow, and the chinese kind i think is red.
i think korean got the food from china originally, its hard to describe a flavor, it is like if i ask you "what does an apple taste like" food is interesting, because it is something you have to experience lol
I don't remember how to make kimchi, my mom can make it though, i can live without it. there are different types of kimchi based on different vegitables. my favorite is radish kimchi. 
where are you from? korean people also like fried egg, often it is put on top of rice and ketchup on it. or if you are drinking you scramble an egg up and you fold it it into a kind of omlet, i really like egg prepared this way.

ajlee613

said: korean style fried sweet pork is yellow, and the chinese kind i think is red.

i think korean got the food from china originally, its hard to describe a flavor, it is like if i ask you "what does an apple taste like" food is interesting, because it is something you have to experience lol

Guest chibiottoman

well.. this thread made me feel very hungry... but no, chibiottoman no, you're not going to crawl to the fridge and try to cook something Asian, your stomach is in a poor condition right now.. [thanks to the all spicy ramen..] :-<
About egg salad, hm interesting. Here we have a kinda egg salad but it's different. It's like you know you boiled the eggs, and then you cut them into little pieces. Then chop the green onions [some people use normal onions instead but hm maybe mixing all would be a different thing too, oh also using chopped leek is an option too, I like that leek one] and put the cut eggs chopped green onion or those I listed above, add some salt and peppermint, some olive [i use sunflower oil or sometimes olive oil, it's up to your taste] and some flaked red pepper if you like it, and mix it.

p9u77.jpg

I like omurice but because of the fat it has my stomach hurts when I eat it and plus I somehow make it more than a person can eat so.. it turns into a torture for my stomach.

Archived