Food/meal and beverages that you saw in K-dramas

nov6060

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chibiottoman said: I don't know it's Korean name but they look like "gyoza" [a Japanese dumpling] Probably they have their own version of it. Okay I googled it, it says Mandu [wait a second... we call it mantı...it soulds really similar.]  The wiki says it's similar to Mongolian buuz [a kind of dumpling which looks so delicious] and our mantı because it's steamed. Japanese one is fried, I once have tried 

Now we’re ready to make mandu. For fried mandu:

1. Put some of the filling mixture into the center of a mandu skin.
  2. Use your fingertips to apply a little cold water to one edge of the skin. This will act as a sealant when you fold it over.
  3. Fold skin in half over filling and press edges together to make ripple shape.
  4. Place some vegetable oil on heated pan and add the mandu you made.
  5. Lower the heat to low-medium and put the lid on the pan to cook.
  6. Turn over each mandu a few minutes later. Add 2-3 tbs of water and put the lid back on the pan. Cook a few minutes more over low heat.
  7. When the mandu is golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
  8. Serve hot with a dipping sauce made of equal parts vinegar and soy sauce.

For mandu soup:

1. In a pot, place 6 cups of water, 8 dried anchovies, the leftover shiitake mushroom stems, and the leftover onion. Boil it over medium heat for 20-30 minutes. If too much water evaporates, add more.
  2. When the stock is done, remove the anchovies and onion.
  3. Add 1 ts of fish sauce, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and some of your mandu. Keep the lid on the pot. You can add some more salt if you want.
  4. When the mandu has cooked, it will float to the top.
  5. Add 1 beaten egg, 2 sliced green onions: Done!
  6. Serve hot with a bowl of kimchi, and ground pepper to taste.

Guest chibiottoman

Chingus annyong! Well today I was just checking facebook and I saw on soompi.forum's account "Bibimbap? Cotton candy? Omurice? What foods do you crave from your favorite K-dramas? Discuss here! http://bit.ly/11R0EhA" ehehehe :))

Anyway, because I shared that mandu thing.. now I want to eat that....but I guess I still can't since people around me keep saying "why do you eat that kinda food, you have to eat soup to recoverrrr!" :(( but I want to eat mandu..

The scenes below were taken from k-drama rooftop prince... they ate pakha satang or peppermint candy.

Look at how full his mouth was and how funny his expression when he's trying to bite all of them together...

i5zols.jpg

23mlzmb.jpg

2zh2nvk.png

axk60l.png

cr to sbs

Guest OreoVampire

jajaannn ... Still about omurice, from drama Rooftop Prince... beautiful delicious omurice..

Here you go, Omurice in action !  :-bd

tumblr_m53p340YOT1rpl02fo1_250.gif
tumblr_mopbnhnxpE1rsmt8eo1_500.jpg
tumblr_moohjxHaTG1qzhwa2o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mond0sf1sJ1rmeacbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_momfr1fDu81qc1caco1_500.jpg
tumblr_mome2258ie1rciv7ro1_500.jpg
tumblr_mokq4aziAU1rj9uf6o1_500.jpg

cr owner

Guest chibiottoman

@nov6060 by saying "right" plate, which one do you mean? the photo you shared and the right one there which looks kinda reddish or the one I shared and there's a plate on the right which looks red too. I guess mine is that soy sauce bowl, but couldn't recognize the one in yours. Maybe it's kimchi too? [öhm.. what a great assumption..]
too many omurice.. i'm so hungry..

chibiottoman said: @nov6060 by saying "right" plate, which one do you mean? the photo you shared and the right one there which looks kinda reddish or the one I shared and there's a plate on the right which looks red too. I guess mine is that soy sauce bowl, but couldn't recognize the one in yours. Maybe it's kimchi too? [öhm.. what a great assumption..]
too many omurice.. i'm so hungry..

Archived