Food/meal and beverages that you saw in K-dramas

nov6060

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still continuing my previous post about dried persimmons, there is a korean traditional fruit punch, called SUJEONGGWA, has a dark reddish brown color made from dried persimmons, cinnamon and ginger

This is how to make this drink :

28lgrbr.jpg

Sujeonggwa is served cold and commonly as a dessert, due to its sweet taste.

3wqb7.jpg

cr to wikipedia, korean food website and of course google

Guest OreoVampire

nov6060 said: Still continuing my previous post about dried persimmons, there is a korean traditional fruit punch, called SUJEONGGWA, has a dark reddish brown color made from dried persimmons, cinnamon and ginger

Guest OreoVampire

nov6060 said: KyoRean said: nov6060 said: Still continuing my previous post about dried persimmons, there is a korean traditional fruit punch, called SUJEONGGWA, has a dark reddish brown color made from dried persimmons, cinnamon and ginger

Guest chibiottoman

@KyoRean I guess it's my habit to write long. But It's nice to know that some people read them. ^^ :D

@nov6060 apa kabar chingu!  [i used teach Turkish to some really good Indonesian friends on Internet and they taught me some Indonesian phrases but unfortunately I forgot many of those. ]

Back to persimmon, I tasted it before, many times. Here we have it. It's like.. kinda sweet but also has a kinda sour taste. I can't describe exactly because I used to eat them when I was a little kid and ı sometimes mix its taste with grapefruit, by mistake. Because I used to try "weird" tastes in my childhood like mixing all those fruits and adding sugar etc etc to get more vitamins!
 I can try Sujeonggwabut it says "dried" persimmon, how to find that...in bazaar there are fresh ones. [i wonder if their season ended too..]
Korean BBQ looks delicious but why do they add sesame to everything? When I tried sesame in fried noodle I didn't like its that sweet-ish taste. I put sesame on pastries! :-S

chibiottoman said: @KyoRean I guess it's my habit to write long. But It's nice to know that some people read them. ^^ :D

@nov6060 apa kabar chingu!  [i used teach Turkish to some really good Indonesian friends on Internet and they taught me some Indonesian phrases but unfortunately I forgot many of those. ]

Back to persimmon, I tasted it before, many times. Here we have it. It's like.. kinda sweet but also has a kinda sour taste. I can't describe exactly because I used to eat them when I was a little kid and ı sometimes mix its taste with grapefruit, by mistake. Because I used to try "weird" tastes in my childhood like mixing all those fruits and adding sugar etc etc to get more vitamins!
 I can try Sujeonggwabut it says "dried" persimmon, how to find that...in bazaar there are fresh ones. [i wonder if their season ended too..]
Korean BBQ looks delicious but why do they add sesame to everything? When I tried sesame in fried noodle I didn't like its that sweet-ish taste. I put sesame on pastries! :-S

Guest chibiottoman

I know "Selamat datang hari Jum'at ."  "nama anda?" "namaku..." "darimana asal anda?" etc. I read them everyday but can't remember well, but apa kabar is somehow.. a word like I know by heart. I met really good people from Indonesia through internet and when they told me "apa kabar" I was like doesn't matter when, I replied "baik" because I was "baik " to know that they worried about me, when an earthquake happened and tried to reply to their messages in Indonesian langauge, as far as I could learn. [ I had a page on which I taught them Turkish and there were around 80 people.] However since it's been two years that I haven't talked with an Indonesian, I forgot most of them except those above.

Persimmons are sweet but their taste makes me feel.. like grinding teeth? It's an interesting thing so I can't say I'm on the good terms with it... kinda interesting feeling.
I have a thought like "I must do whatever the recipe says! I shouldn't change any part of it to get a real taste~!!"  so... dunno..
Anyway, whenever I look at that BBQ plate above.. I get more and more hungry..

chibiottoman said: I know "Selamat datang hari Jum'at ."  "nama anda?" "namaku..." "darimana asal anda?" etc. I read them everyday but can't remember well, but apa kabar is somehow.. a word like I know by heart. I met really good people from Indonesia through internet and when they told me "apa kabar" I was like doesn't matter when, I replied "baik" because I was "baik " to know that they worried about me, when an earthquake happened and tried to reply to their messages in Indonesian langauge, as far as I could learn. [ I had a page on which I taught them Turkish and there were around 80 people.] However since it's been two years that I haven't talked with an Indonesian, I forgot most of them except those above.

Persimmons are sweet but their taste makes me feel.. like grinding teeth? It's an interesting thing so I can't say I'm on the good terms with it... kinda interesting feeling.
I have a thought like "I must do whatever the recipe says! I shouldn't change any part of it to get a real taste~!!"  so... dunno..
Anyway, whenever I look at that BBQ plate above.. I get more and more hungry..

Guest OreoVampire

hi everyone ! hi chingu ^nov6060 & ^chibiottoman !  :-h   wow you guys are having fun here.. I can smell what's cooking from a distance hahhaha :))

Chingu ^chibiottoman, yes, people go to thread to share and to find out more about many things. And so, long writing with informative contents is valuable. At the same time time we can create casual sharing environment with jokes. I learned this from Drama Thread TWTWB. We learned to share and to respect each others opinion. Long writing is just awesome. I do read long writing. I love reading writing from our chief ^sunshine4ever from TWTWB thread.. and post from others too are so much interesting to read. Well sharing is caring and we learn more things everyday. Cheers!  :D

Westerners used to have pancake for breakfast. Korea has its own style of pancake (jeon) that is commonly served as an appetizer.

There are some types of Korean style pancake :

1. Meat
2. Seafood
3. Vegetable & Mushrooms
4. Others

2qx2vqu.jpg

6xt0gl.jpg

cr to wikipedia and google

side dishes / bachan

Banchan are set in the middle of the table to be shared. Banchan are served in small portions, meant to be finished at each meal and are replenished during the meal if not enough. Usually, the more formal the meals are, the more banchan there will be.
(I searched the pics of bachan, most of them using sesame seeds)

2r7agk6.jpg

2jd4d51.jpg

i79501.jpg

n3qjgx.jpg

121e791.jpg

ngdrg9.jpg

nywvgp.jpg

cr to korean food website, wikipedia and google

Guest OreoVampire

Aigoo... chingu yah ! those dishes Jeon & Bachan are rich with vegetables. I can go nuts about vegetables. I love it ! give it to me and I'll make sure you never see them in plate hahaha :))

Guest OreoVampire

nov6060 said: KyoRean said:
Aigoo... chingu yah ! those dished Jeon & Bachan are rich with vegetables. I can go nuts about vegetables. I love it ! give it to me and I'll make sure you never see them in plate hahaha :))

Still in k-drama playful kiss ep 8, the father served yeongbap to her daughter. I have no idea what it is...

Looking from the shape, I guess it's similar like chinese dim sum lo ma gai, steaming lotus leaves filled with glutinous/sticky rice, chicken, chinese sausages, mushroom, scallions, and dried shrimp

2jbtxec.jpg

23m8ymd.jpg

cr to mbc

Guest irees

Jjajangmyun. Forever and always. Every singly time they order it, especially with tangsuyuk and the radish! I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Archived