[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

serenity95x3 said: Even though I was a bit disappointed that they didn't actually kissed in the beginning. I'm so glad now because what SN did for TH towards the end was soooo much better. :x It proves that she is now ready to approach him and she will now be able to open up to him. It makes a valid point that their relationship is and will now begin to be consensual between the both of them;TH won't be the only one initiating first anymore. Sorry for cutting your post...

Mhmmm... Yes, their relationship did improve alot ... but i don't think SN feeding TH the medicine shows that SN is ready to approach him and ready to open up to TH. Yes, She is opening up gradually, but if we're not trying to be all gullible and stuff, the kiss ia all about saving TH life because he got shot by protecting SN. It is also about saving TH, king of Yuan. Also, they won't want the guard to do the mouth medicine giving to TH, that is rude and they might get killed. The Queen aka ED also can't do it. Her son is now grown up and he is a man/father.... so the next person that can do is is one of his wife/concubines....

But i don't think TN will do it though, she might be saying, i don't want to die lol ahahha and also because she has a "Son" aka Byul

pegster said: Ok so I must say, this episode had it's ups and downs for me.  I missed some stuff because the streaming stopped at one point and I had to refresh.

I must say, I wasn't overly surprised that nothing happened for SN/TH.  In a way I'm happy that TH stopped because he sensed that SN wasn't ready yet and wanted to wait till she was completely ready and willing to accept him.

The scene with SN beating DS down, I was so hoping she'd just kill her, but I knew it wouldn't happen because it would be so easy for ET to pin the crime on her.  There would just be too many consequences to kill DS now, and SN knows it too well to ignore it.
Oh...I also had a bit of a mixed moment.  I thought WY was going die there, but then I was like wait that can't happen...the coronation didn't happen yet.
I also don't want him to die now, at least not die trying to save SN and TH.  He needs to die for something else.

When they were all surrounded, then BA showed up, I was so, so happy!! I thought 'OMG!!! Finally we get to kill off ET!!!' then when it didn't happen, I knew this we were going to start another circle again!
I was so angry that they took SN away at the end.  It didn't look like anyone believed what El Plague said about SN, but still they let DS put that blame on SN.
I think she was saying how SN and TH's guards failed to protect TH, so they need to be punished.  Urgh!!! ~X(
At least we saw some more advancement between SN and TH.  Now we know for sure TH wasn't lying when he said he was willing to die for SN.
We also saw how much SN cared for TH, sucking the poisonous blood out for him, feeding him medicine 'personally'....
Oh the preview...

Looks like DS may have managed to send SN to the cold palace, and maybe send someone to kill her that's why we see SN running in the dark.  

I have to re-watch it to see if that scene in the preview might have been filmed when they were in China.  If it was, then we know this was the writer's path all along.

THIS IS EXCEEDING MY EXPECTATION...  I know that SY's feeling will gradually change and able to sense the gravity of Ta Hwan's love after he got hit by a poisonous arrow on her behalf.. but TEARS????? wow I didn't see it coming.. the fact that she cried and how she can't believe he did that (to that extent) as well as unbearable fear that she might losing Ta Hwan... symbolised by every drop of tear that she sheded...
From now one, SY will destroy anybody who dares hurt her husband..... ET and his clan has awaken her Tiger momma instict..  SY probably needs to suffer a few more trap and scam (PDnim please we ain't got time for that) before they manage to strike back and win the fight... but I hope the last scam is THE LAST one... or my eyes will be rolling and rolling with all kind of dissapointed expression....

I watched only parts of the drama thanks for uploading it... but, I worship HJW not for nothing and I must say.. she's really really amazing.. Even Baek Jin He is amazing too.. as usual, WY and Ta Hwan never failed to meet our satisfaction..  music background, OST, instrumental and great cinematography...

Thanks to all recappers.. you've done a great job!!!
 I'm ready to hit the RAW video in one hour time....
:-bd

i dunno how to describe that episode! 
its fine but it feels like i've expected too much and it failed me. tsk tsk 
i was like ET and today's episode are my army. They failed me today! hmmmmm
but atleast there was that medicine kiss and SN saying she was scared after the almost kiss that scenes somewhat saved the episode for me. saved but still wounded something like that
I'm not talking sense am i!?? that's how i felt during the last part of this episode. It. does. not. make. sense. (ah maybe because i can't undersatnd what they're saying)

I said this on the other thread but I'll say it here again: we're back to where we started. I'm starting to think that ET won't be gone until the ending of episode 49, just to spite us. With your usual plot, you start building up towards a climax and end the conflict there and follow with a resolution. That's Plotting 101. 
But this story just keeps going up and down, up and down without really moving from its place. I think a rushed ending is almost guaranteed. Though I'm disappointed this week with the plot development, I'm happy with TH-SN's relationship. SN showed a lot of emotion when TH was sick. You can't say she doesn't care about him.
I'm glad TH didn't force the oolala (:P). It has to be a mutual thing and SN was not in that state of mind that night. Who knows about afterwards. Let's get her out jail first. :-w

i am really SCARED/AFARID that TH is gonna be the 2nd lead...
since this article is about 2nd leads and it has TH...they guessed that chilbongie is the 2nd lead when i hoped he will be the lead...
"http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/12379387.html"

so....let me get this straight --------------> Yom and useless evil sidekick get dragged into the court and *admit* they were trying to kill the Emperor's No. 1 Concubine and their heads aren't IMMEDIATELY severed and placed into boxes??!!! really?
A GOVERNOR of a province got the box treatment - but two lackeys don't. (head desk) tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

Guest bashful

pegster said: @bashful does it count of them is conscious, and the other is just pretending to be unconscious, then suddenly just kisses the feeder back?
Did what I just write make sense??  Kiss the feeder back  =))

Guest anjshin

sarah.lina said: WY dying?... JJM?... the mainlead?... dying in the middle of the drama?... ok... that's my first time reading someone hoping/thinking that a mainlead can die in the middle of the drama... so be it. =D> =D> #-o

@sally_b - 
Agree, the ET clan getting away with everything has gotten ridiculous. And it's not even NEW things, it's the same stuff over and over again. I know exactly what @jeenee means about this weeks episodes: nothing happened beyond SN getting a bit closer to TH. (which they could have shown in many different ways) 
And suddenly WY is a traitor? Well, who can't see through that.  8-|  (oh, apparently SN can't because she's all ticked off) So it's exactly like TH being forced to say her Father did something he didn't do? Now WY is saying a bunch of lies...*sigh* Let me guess - SN will be angry and not forgive him for 6 episodes until she learns the truth. It's a shame if this drama is going in circles just to keep one character on the show. (I hope that's not the case but I'm beginning to believe it)  :|
@pegster - I understood what you meant, it's all good. I guess you're right - I do remember black magic and "talismans" being a part of quite a few historical dramas I've watched.   ;)

Okay, random question based on Lovers pairing. For Empress Ki who are the true OTP... Is it TH and SN or WY and SN...

We know that crazy Yom and The Maid lady are OTP... but what about the 3 Main leads (said 3 because SN get to choose who she want to be OTP with)