[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

petria said: @stclaus
I was also expecting that Hoksu will just show up from somewhere, not because of the blood (I was surprised that he didn`t have blood in his mouth, all people in the drama who died from the sword had blood in their mouth, don`t ask me why), but because his role looked too minor in comparison with hints they gave us about his character. Also that Tal Tal`s act was too much...
But, if it was only a show, than it was for Wang Yoo`s eyes...
In that case, Hoksu`s master could be Bayan, but...
Either way, doesn`t make much sense...

Guest adjani1430293095

I agree with some of the speculations.. it seems that El T's clan is heading to downfall in the next few episodes, if not the next one, well TN might still be revived since she is technically in the Cold Palace and absolved from any bad plots unless she too goes down by virtue of being linked to the family... but I still see her as required for the Maha sub plot. .. considering SY doesnt even suspect for a minute in EP 30 that the baby is hers. 
SY is the real star in the episode, although TH seems to have grown a bit and gotten a tad bolder... he was also cautious and so gave in to EL T and gang .. but he is standing up slowly..
I know the WY shippers are all ablaze with his fantastic performance (well that was never going to be in doubt) for the "reunion" but somehow I think TH is the generous one in this. He without rhyme or reason becomes caught up in this because SY came looking and asking for his collaboration to take revenge, he just wanted her alive! And WY went about his business thinking his love was secure and nevermind marriage for convenience as well... and TH suddenly caught between the 2 "fate torn lovers" (mind you, they both made their own choices willing and with eyes wide open).. whilst TH only made his to support SY now that she is there and asking for his help (ok plus he loves her...) ... He was man enough to let them say their goodbye (or he wouldnt know it was good by but he trusted SY).. 
Nice to know that both these men really do trust her and understand her to some extent... 
And for the "hotness" award.. TT has to win it... whats it with his heart stopping macho scenes :P 

Guest adjani1430293095

Ok I know I asked for changes in the costume but .. er changing it with fur and making it look like red riding hood on TH is NOT for the better (what is that ring of fur around his neck!) .. and I mean the men can only seem to "fur up" (ala power up is it?) and Finally SY's change to gold accessories... (er is it because the empress is temporarily non existent and so they borrowed hers :P.... )...
Surely if SY wins her fight against EL T in one episode, it will be a total anti climax, I mean the entire court and ED, even Bayan and TT failed but SY "roars" and they surrender?... somehow I doubt it will be so easy... it might be score one for her and TH actually gains some power from it just like ED got her power of the inner court back... but to take down EL T clan so easily.. then what about the side plot of the accounts or does it already come into play in one episode.. if so, its "faster" than the pregnancy issue(s)!! 

@pegsterTalking about mums..hahaha.  When my mum had to attend functions whatnot on Mons or Tues, wld sneak away fm others to quickly browse thru Soompi for quick updates - we don't watch live here so we follow via Soompi spoilers. 
ET and kids are real wicked.. the way DK shoved the seal onto TH and how both brothers dragged TH out make me sick! I want TH to be given the opportunity to torture this family. A gruesome SLOW death - burn or bury the 4 of them alive. 

Guest tookie18

@tessieroo,

Would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for my response to your post to the other day. I still do not quite understand though but apologize for the harsh tone.

I should have ran to the kitchen grabbed a cup of coffee, a coke or a piece of cake or something, no joke. Should not have responded so quickly. Your words were few, however, they took me completely off guard and was flabergasted. That is why I was speaking so much in the first person in a couple of my posts.

Anyway, hope we can get along and no more tension between us. I try to always consider other's feelings.

while re-eatching ep 30 i noticed that WY has lost some weight or am i just seeing it? he also seem a little tired or sick his color is off, or i'm just seeing it.
or JJM is just so good at acting, he is so sad in that episode it even shows physically??
i really hope its the latter!!! I hope the cast of EK will stay healthy until the last episode and beyond! :) 

I was thinking it will still take awhile to bring down the ET clan... Maybe the scene we see in the beginning ep1 can be in the 40-ish epidode.... Cuz....I'm not sure since I didn't watch it (maybe some of u guys did) I read in cdrama "female prime minister" it has 59 episodes and the lead girl didn't become prime minister until the very latter episodes...and ppl were saying how the title is female prime minister but she was only that for a few episodes cuz supposedly the title is just to hype the drama up....

Just a few thoughts on episode 30...

I really found this episode interesting. When watching the scene between WY and SN, it can be seen as both of them parting and walking their own paths without resentment.  But, I really don't think they will ever part from each other.  WY is now secretly helping SN behind the scenes and I have a feeling that SN will do the same for WY when he needs it.  I think that's how their love and affection will continue for each other... by silently supporting each other without anyone (and even themselves) knowing. That's why I think the whole baby plot was not necessary to keep WY and SN connected.  

I am interested to see what will happen after the revenge against ET's clan is complete. Even though I believe SN will stay true to her word and support TH, I wonder if he will start getting anxious or nervous again that SN will leave him since there is no revenge left to hold her there.  After all, he knows that she came back only for her revenge plan. And even though she is a concubine and belongs to the emperor, SN is smart and clever.  If she really wanted to leave, she would find a way. I think that's why he will want to marry her and maybe want her to have his child so he can forever be connected to her.  

That's why I hope the ET clan would hurry up and get taken down already as I'm just waiting to see what will happen after this storyline. I'm hoping we'll get to see new characters soon.  Actually, I've been wondering if SN's brothers will ever make an appearance?  That would really be interesting - especially if it's a top actor.

Guest minnie0103

‘Empress Ki’ Episode 31 Text Preview
http://cheshirecatswonderland.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/empress-ki-episode-31-text-preview/

Will Seung Nyang finally learn the truth about her Byul's existence? :-?

Conversation between SN/Bang/PBH

PBH - Mama, Eunuch Bang is requesting to see you, if you don't want to see him, we can send him away.  Please enter
Bang - Cheona would like to see you...
SN - A meeting, where?
Bang - Since Mama-nim can't leave the palace, we can find a quiet place...
SN - Is this something that should come out of a eunuch who serves a King! The person in front of you is the Emperor's consort.  You're asking to me to secretly meet another man
Bang - Another...Another man
SN - Tell Cheona if he wants to see me, he must make an official request to see the Paeha.  There's not a chance that the two of us will meet alone.
Bang - Yes, I wll pass on the exact message
PBH - Bang...don't be too upset.
Bang - Please tell Mama, Thank you
PBH - What?
Bang - Compared to the person trying to get closer, it's more painful for the the person trying to stay way.  Mama purposely being heartless will make Choena's heart more at ease.

Conversation between TH/SN/WY

TH - What? WY's returned?
GT - He'd like to greet you Paeha
SN - Why are you looking at shin-chup? Are yo afraid to see Wang-Yoo Gong?
TH - Tell him I allow.  
GT - Huh? 
TH - You're my woman, why would I be afraid of him
SN - I need to go with you.  
TH - What do you need to go for?
SN - You're not able to talk at the moment, have you forgotten?
WY - Paeha, how is your health these days?
SN - Paeha is still not able to speak.
WY - I heard from the servants outside
SN - Shin-Chup would like to make a request with Paeha.  May I have a conversation along with Wang-Yoo Gong?  If Paeha feels uncomfortable, then we don't have to meet.  If you trust Shin-Chup, then please allow us.  Thank you Paeha.

Conversation between SN/WY

WY - You seem to be happy.
SN - Thank you, Wang-Yoo Gong.  Do you still resent me?
WY - Resentment can only be consider if there are still  feelings involved.  In my heart, SN has already died.
SN - Forget me.  I hope Wang-Yoo Gong will not remember me.
WY - Mama is a memory I would not want to think about.  It's just a past that I want to wipe away.  It no longer holds any meaning.  Hopefully there won't be a meeting like this again.
SN - I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.
WY - There is no need to apologize to me as I have also abandoned you.  No one in this world can hate Mama, including me.  Don't feel regret, don't shed any tears.  Properly walk your path, I will do the same, without turning around, without any pain, without any regrets.  I will walk my own path.
SN - You must forget me and live a happy life.  This is so I can live at ease, it's a selfish request that I make to you.  It's the last shameless request.  I'm sorry Cheona...Cheona...Cheona...

Guest united06

Episode 28 graphics ~
image-CC0C_5301FA8C.jpg

image-70E4_5301FA8C.jpg

image-843E_5301FA8C.jpg

image-B5E8_5301FA8C.jpg

image-697C_5301FA8C.jpg

image-C373_5301FACD.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team

English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Empress Gi English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7752-empress-gi-2013/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Ah, iMBC... you never fail to give me a heart attack every Monday and Tuesday morning (my time) by slowing your live-streaming to a snail's pace and then feeding the squirrel powering your feed several nuts before turning it loose again.  19 more episodes?  I may collapse before the finale.  *hmpf*

Looks like we're starting a bit early, people -- GET READY NOW!!!