[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest ziimblu

I think all of 50 eps of EK won't suffice to immortalize what Taltal has become, in elation to SN, or in relation to the audience. 
I have cited earlier, hundred of pages ago, that he reminds me of that male doctor in FAITH, who even as he is sexy and hot, moves like a swan,  perfect   male specie yet swanlike....Early on, Taltal looked that way to me.  I ventured it must have been the hair (of TT and that doctor). But I think, it is also about the roles they respectively played, not quite in the limelight yet very significant role just the same. And yeah, the hair, and just the overwhelming air of confidence (not haughty at all), serenity and charm (which is rather intentionally kept hidden, yet bursting at the seams).  Someone should do a lot of fan fiction about this Taltal. Or another drama? :x

missred123

said: @miky88 Soooo true!!! No wonder the writers had to make DK in love with SN, because she would not have a chance if ET knew there was a cell in the palace. DK keeped his mouth shut about SN and that the dumbest move he had made. I can't believe that DK turned a blind eye when it comes to SN, knowing she has no love for him and that she could be a threat. @sally_b Love ET pic!! Hahahaha. .. I am gonna miss him when he is gone. Long live ET!!!!!!

Guest anhay59

Going back to episode 1, there was a certain sadness or doubtness on TH expression when he was looking at SN. After SN was crowned empress, a lot will still happen with WY, SN and TH. The baby issue still has to be resolved also. WY and SN baby is also one of the reasons why SN wanted the revenge. WY will eventually learn about the the baby and so will TH. And I believe it will be revealed after SN will be crowned empress. SN will still have some obstacles to face. During her coronation, we can still see some of ET men in the crowd. This is just my analysis!

MBC posted part 2 of HJW's interview on EK:
http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=2362097&page=1&bid=empress_sketch

Here's part 1 for anyone who didn't see it already:
http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=2360791&page=1&bid=empress_sketch

Is too bad I don't understand what she's saying because I think we might be able to pick up some hints maybe haha.
I did read a translation on one of the parts from part 1.  HJW was asked which scene so far was her most memorable in the drama.  HJW said it was the scene where she buried the maids and had to cry her heart out.  It was a difficult scene to complete, she also hurt her vocal cords from that scene.  She's still trying to recover (as of the time of the interview).

anhay59

said: Going back to episode 1, there was a certain sadness or doubtness on TH expression when he was looking at SN. After SN was crowned empress, a lot will still happen with WY, SN and TH. The baby issue still has to be resolved also. WY and SN baby is also one of the reasons why SN wanted the revenge. WY will eventually learn about the the baby and so will TH. And I believe it will be revealed after SN will be crowned empress. SN will still have some obstacles to face. During her coronation, we can still see some of ET men in the crowd. This is just my analysis!

@Micky 88SN was purchased at a very high price, grumbled to BA that tht amt could feed their whole army for a year. So to TT, SN is now too valuable (plotting to ground off ET and clans) for someone like WY to mess around with. When SN offered herself to contest as a concubine I think for her there is no turning back.. 
Still if I am SN I will feel very disappointed at WY.. Come on, months passed by he did not even bother to search for her body to at least confirm she is "dead", instead got married? Teary at the mention of SN and screaming when alone is no excuse dear WY. I will never forgive WY! hehehe
My neighbour lost their doter, an accounting student in Australia about 20 yrs ago. After extensive police investigations and searches, not a trace. The family only gave up hope after many yrs.. kept travelling back to where she was reportedly last seen. 

@pegster
Thank you for the interview
Omo poor HJW after the director said cut, she was holding on Jokho's arm barely able to move from the freezing water :(
I wish I understood what she is saying, but along with the tough filming and all the hard work
They are a great happy family which makes their experiences fun and interesting and eases those hard times during filming

TT played a truly interesting role today. He was literally playing clean up crew, and was tying off loose ends. TT went to get Heoksu not because ET ordered that he be captured, but because TT knows that if they bring Mr. C out, he will point out that those jewels were originally given to BA, then ET will be able to figure out that it was BA, that planted the evidence. Which would ruin everything (even his clan). Likewise TT gave WY a strong warning not to interfere with SN, because I have a feeling he knows something is going on in between SN-WY. After all he is the only one that figured out something was going on with SN-TH, and probably noticed they were fighting over SN. However, his firmness is steeped in the fact that he must protect his clan. Right now SN is a representative of his clan, even a rumor about those two will be problematic for his clan. Also, their revenge plot strongly relies on SN, if she hesitates because of WY, his clan will also have problems. 
I am curious about the choice of choosing the cold palace vs. losing the royal seal. If one is in the cold palace does that mean she still has some kind of power as long as she has that seal? 
ET probably decided to up the date of the abdication to pull TN out of the cold palace and set her up as regent. If TN is in the cold palace, it would be a loss of power to ET (a small loss?), but I think he is also aware that he can just bring her back anytime. Hence the premature abdication. I wonder how TH will get out of this one. Will the eunuch army come and the day again?  Or when the decree comes out, can he say it was done under duress and invalid (maybe DK stamped it himself and rendered it invalid   ;))  )

just finished watching ep 29 RAW...

OMG OMG OMG... how I regret to underestimate today's episode based on their -notsoeyechatchy- preview.. Today's episode is sooooooo good OMG I finished a box of chocolate chips cookies without even realising it.. DAEBAK episode with womenhood stole the show!! YIPPIE women rock!! I must say that I even like Tanashiri a lot in this episode.. TBH Baek Jin Hee's acting is getting better and better I think it's also due to Goddess Ha Ji Won's great acting skill that always able to bring out her co star's ability to the max.. But I must say... Ha Ji Won my Goddess... how I'm proud to be your worshipper..

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I only understand 30 percent or less of their conversation.. but I noticed that when TH brought Ki mama nim to his Imperial chamber, he knew that Ki was indeed intentionally took the poison to be able to land her plan in dethroning Tanashiri from her Queen position. TH was so damn afraid and worry that Ki would die because of her action that he promised her something big that he would do, in order to help her with her plan. Now.. Ki has more people on her side and all of them are key person in the palace..  But I still condern about ED since I don't get what she said.. something about thinking of a possibility that Ki wants to be the next Empress and I think she didn't really amuse with that idea.. hhhmmm I smells some hatred here.. I hope I'm wrong..

DAEBAK episode indeed...

Tal Tal as usual.. my beloved Yuan Professor slash Walking Ancient Wikipedia slash HOTTIE slash Warrior always manage to break my little innocent fan girling heart in pieces of heart shaped rose petal.. hahahahaha... SARANGEYO uri Tal Tal... >:D< :x

I'm on cloud nine because of the awesomeness of today's episode.. to the point that I don't mind if we get only 1 episode this week..

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Can somebody tell me how i'm supposed to wait until NEXT WEEK with such AN INCREDIBLE PREVIEW OF EPISODE 30 ??? 
I can't i can't i can't !!!This will be my first post of the day. Concerning mainly TalTal, who truly deserves a whole post after today's episode ! :DTalTal is indeed like a boss !! :P I love him so much ! Watching his interactions with Wang Yu was as great as watching Taltal and SeungNyang... I think whoever he's paired with, TT's character will just shine. I'm telling you... smexiness all the way (his voice dayum) !! Even when he was talking to Musoong, Bang and Jeombak xD I wasn't surprised by the fact that he was the one telling WY the news. And it's good that he did : at least now WY is going to the palace knowing what to expect.You know what guys ? From watching the preview, i guess after the YBS/El Maid couple, we'll get a new romance in this drama : TalTal and the Turk Girl Bi Soo. I don't know why but this is how it seems to me (TT will save her from being killed by both Heuksoo and Wang Yu [who doesn't care anymore about her now that he knows SN is in the palace]).TalTal and Seungnyang will get closer, but more like friends, shills. She'll be leaning on him a lot, and he'll be protecting her i guess (?). OMO i loved when he told WY that he'll stop him from ruining their plans.
Uri TalTal is slowly stepping up on the main stage !!! Hurray ! And once again i'm telling you : Taltal wasn't mean in today's episode : he was fair, pragmatic, honest, direct. It just happened that he had to do the dirty work.And i think he knew about SN and WY because in episode 18 or 19 or so... when SN was free thanks to WY's transaction with ET, Tahwan was angry and TalTal said it's "because of the girl named Seungnyang".
(Watching El Maid / YBS was just... :-& )

I wonder if YBS and YH are officially in cahoots, if so, I want Park Bulhwa to have them both caught during a scheduled library rendezvous, and say they were having a tryst. LOL. It is not like they can openly say they were plotting,   =)) =)) =)) It will be like killing 2 birds with one stone >:) >:) >:) >:)that couple just makes me :-&