[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest avocado1430291863

Reading your comments about how JJm is "cheated" in Ek..I think it is the same as Uhm Tae Woong in Queen Seon Deok...His character and Deok man the queen..is a couple at the beginning....But Kim Nam Gil ..the long time third level actor... ( i even try to watch his previous job)... "steal" the show...and in the end Bidam get The Queen's love..off course at that time Uhm Tae Woong name is bigger than KNG.. and he is introduced as the main lead at the press conference.  I hear that Bidam-QSD pairing was not there in the previous script but because viewerz love this pair so they change it...although they can not make them together (huaaaa :((..keep crying for Bidam...) because in the real story he is the rebel leader..so there is noo way on earth that they can be together....huaa....

Guest kenneth123

@avocado.. yeah QSD was a twist.. I thought she would end up with the general as they almost eloped together... but suddenly the story suddenly shifted winds.. and he got married suddenly with another woman... It was unexpected but you can't help like him and the queen together.. :) I heard that they started to change the story when the viewers are liking the other pair.. oh what a sad ending for them

Guest sogongx3

I don't think the whole purpose of WY's character is the love interest with SN. Even if he won't end up with her I don't think Joo Jin Mo was cheated. His character may not develop cause he is already perfect and doesn't have any flaws but it is still interesting to watch how he'll take back his throne, to watch his reaction when SN becomes TH's wife.

Guest ernanianggraeni

@sarah.lina upsolutely i have same though with you.all thing that you said,finally....and thats why we have 2 kind of different stories...wang yoo in silk road,faced the war,bayan,taltal,byum so,turks and baturowhile SN at palace dealing with her revenge,TH,dang qi shi,lady park and empress.
by the way @sarah.lina did you active at I hear your voice thread before?

bluedora said:I''m sorry to say, but this really has nothing to do with what awards you have behind your name. If your character is not appealing to the viewers, you are likely to get less screen time. Therefore, I said that JJM did get cheated in this drama cause the director and writer was not expecting the mass popularity of TH and SN's story. Therefore, in order to protect their rating and keep their sponsors, JJM was bumped down a notch and the focus was turned to JCW and HJW.   Plus JCW is a raising star and has gained a lot of fans and supporters from BVS. Its unfair, but its all about the rating and sponsorship. 

Guest sogongx3

Ep 14 preview:

Wang Yoo: Did you happen to see Seung-nyang?

Ta-hwan: From now on, you’re prohibited to do anything except reading books in front of me.

Dangkise: Did the late Emperor Myungjong (…) ?

Wang Go: Is it believable that you’re a victorious commander?

Yeon-chul: How about drinking this poison and close your eyes for good? It will be a happy future for you.

Ta-hwan: I’ll make things happen according to my wish.

Seung-nyang: Your Majesty!

Ta-hwan: If it’s not me but Wang Yoo, you’ll be crazy (over this).

Eunuch Bang: In front of the garden, there will be lanterns lit up. His Majesty will be elated!

Wang Yoo: Seung-nyang ah, why aren’t you coming? Hurry up and come here!

Credit to the taking cupboard ;)

Even if there was a twist QSD : Uhm Tae Woong and Kim Nam Gil were on the same "level" (career wise), Ji Chang Wook and Joo Jin Moo are not equal !! Joo Jin Moo is like a "veteran" in the industry.

@ernanianggraeni : i wasn't active in "I Hear your Voice" thread, but glad to know that i'm not the only one who think like that ^:)^

bluedora said:
aemi said: roshan90 said: @bluedora I seriously hope what you are saying is not actually what is happening. Then I will feel really bad for JJM. I hate when actors get cheated by making them sign a script and not following that. I hope what you are saying is not true.

I haven't watched ep 13 yet, raw or subbed, but I have the raw file, will watch it in a bit.
I'm not sure if anyone has watched this, but in case if anyone missed it, watch this video:

Starting from 0:47 when HJW starts to introduce the drama.
HJW - "As a tribute woman sent to the Yuan Dynasty, the journey to later become the Empress.  During this journey there will be a heart wrenching love story between the Goryeo King and also the Yuan Emperor.  After entering the palace there will also be some scheming and competition with Danashiri"
Right in the introductions, HJW is already telling everyone this is going to be a love triangle, and didn't really express who the OTP is.  I'm not sure if it was ever explicitly mentioned by the production team who the OTP is.
I think people just assume the OTP is HJW-JJM/SN-WY because WY was the first male lead to be confirmed, and he is of higher status than Ji Chang Wook.
No can really put the claim that the writers are changing their OTP from one to the other because the audience is favouring SN-TH right now.  Like someone had mentioned before, if that was the cause, the writers probably would've had a lot more lovey scenes between SN-WY when they had the opportunity in the beginning.
We're only 20% of the way through the story, there's another 80% to come, there will be plenty of time for them to develop the relationships between both couples.
As with TH possibly forcing his way with SN, I highly doubt that would happen.  Is funny how when DK was trying to rape SN everyone was all like 'WHAT?? How come SN can't fight back!!???  Isn't she a strong fighter???'  
Yet, here we are, and no one even remembers that SN is able to, and has beat the crap out of TH before.  I'm sure even if TH did try to force himself on to SN, she would be able to push him off.
As with the person who dies in the next episode, I'm thinking if it might be:

Hong Dan, SN's friend in the palace.  Maybe DK knew that she helped SN and killed her as a warning.

Alternatively it could also be the guard who tried to kill SN, and TH had him killed off as a warning to DK not to mess with SN's safety.

Oh I can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode, and I haven't even watched today's yet haha.

Guest susany2k5_1

@bluedora Can I say you're awesome and what a great post???!!!!!! I was getting abit down with all this TH bashing but now I'm all happy smiley again because your words are the truth!! [-O< :x

Guest roshan90

@bluedora I agree with you in the end its all about money, but still empress ki has always been topping the ratings in their slot. So I dont think the need to change the script. Like @cacazeel said all the scenes we saw till now have already shot ones.

It is also possible that JJM could have agreed this role though he is not going to end up with HJW. You are saying that because of JCW's sudden popularity and him being young is what is getting him more screentime. I strongly disagree that.

I have heard some news that before JCW this same role was offered to Jang geun Suk. Because of pretty man he couldnt accept this role. Then it went to JCW. Do you think they would offer the role to JGS if it doesnt have any importance? No right

So I conclude that all 3 leads are having importance in this story and no one is a side character and the writers also dont have worries about ratings till now. Regarding the OTP topic I will be happy if writers take the decision themselves whaterver they think fits the story most and not depending on the fan-following.

cacazeel said: bluedora said:I''m sorry to say, but this really has nothing to do with what awards you have behind your name. If your character is not appealing to the viewers, you are likely to get less screen time. Therefore, I said that JJM did get cheated in this drama cause the director and writer was not expecting the mass popularity of TH and SN's story. Therefore, in order to protect their rating and keep their sponsors, JJM was bumped down a notch and the focus was turned to JCW and HJW.   Plus JCW is a raising star and has gained a lot of fans and supporters from BVS. Its unfair, but its all about the rating and sponsorship. 

Guest roshan90

you are so funny @larabn you cannot jump from Ki-Se's ship when he killed SN' mother. When he sniffed and found out that SN is a girl by tearing off her clothes also you cannot jump from that ship. Yes, I know he is so manly and hot when he smiles and all but still think about his HAIR.. HAIR..

We have two other ships here SN-WY and SN-TH. Jump in one of these. Or have 1 leg on each like me. LEAVE DANKISE. We will give him to Yeon Hwa. If they are meeting so many times in the library something fishy is going on there.
  :-w

the concubine plot is weird to me
we know SN is not like other women she wouldn't be willing to sleep with the emperor like any other concubine and I sure hope TH will force her to

I just wanted to make something clear guys I wrote this sentence and I meant to write
"will not force her to"
lol just had to verify this line

anyway I edited it

roshan90 said: you are so funny @larabn you cannot jump from Ki-Se's ship when he killed SN' mother. When he sniffed and found out that SN is a girl by tearing off her clothes also you cannot jump from that ship. Yes, I know he is so manly and hot when he smiles and all but still think about his HAIR.. HAIR..

We have two other ships here SN-WY and SN-TH. Jump in one of these. Or have 1 leg on each like me. LEAVE DANKISE. We will give him to Yeon Hwa. If they are meeting so many times in the library something fishy is going on there.  :-w

Guest smoochysparks

larabn said: yep I don't think TH will try to rape her too he will stop himself at the right time he is probably mad because of WY so that's why he shoved her on the bed but will not proceed further than that