[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Thanks so much for the live recap @larabn, @sogongx3 and thanks for the screenies, @ohoheli!   >:D<  And thanks for the clips, @briseis. 
Woot for the new OST song, I recognized Junsu's voice immediately! 
LOL, so far - almost every single week the preview fools people into thinking something horrible happens and it never turns out that way. Last week it was all "OMG, TH told his Eunuch to lie to SN that WY was dead!" and nope, didn't happen. We all know TH isn't about to rape anyone - that's ridiculous. That's why they're called previews and the whole purpose is to excite viewers into thinking something major is about to happen and make sure they watch. Every drama I've ever seen, the previews are misleading and shown out of order. 
@Mlky88 - Agree - by TH showing more and more interest in SN, it actually puts her in even more danger. I also don't believe the writers have changed anything - they're ahead in filming. (@aemi - you're correct, those episodes were already filmed and have already been shown) And I don't think JJM being a "Baeksang" winner has anything to do with why he chose this role, that's insulting to him as an actor.
@larabn - Yes, that opening scene pretty much tells a story - SN is crying as she spots WY in the crowd during her wedding. As much as I adore TH, I've been saying all along that WY is most likely the "love of her life" yet she marries TH in order to protect WY and Goryeo or something along those lines but I also don't think she would marry TH if she hated him - she must end up having some affection for him. However, WY is probably the love of her life. We, as viewers need to see that connection and I have every confidence we will.  
There does seem to be a certain amount of bashing (on the actors, on the writers, on the PD, etc) when a particular ship doesn't happen the way certain viewers want but it's incredible that it's happening here and now - we have such a LONG ways to go. :))

Guest sogongx3

@larabn

I know that TH doesn't deserve SN. Yet.

But the exiting thing that makes me ship them even more is the fact that he is willing to change and become a better man, a man she can trust.

WY is indeed the man SN needs in her life.

He is brave, manly, mature but for the love triangle to happen I'm sure TH will become a true competition and a threat for WY.

sogongx3 said: @larabn I know that TH doesn't deserve SN. Yet. But the exiting thing that makes me ship them even more is the fact that he is willing to change and become a better man, a man she can trust. WY is indeed the man SN needs in her life. He is brave, manly, mature but for the love triangle to happen I'm sure TH will become a true competition and a threat for WY.

Guest smoochysparks

If the writer/s won't give a good TH & SN ending, I would tie a thick rope around my neck and hang myself on our christmas tree lol.

Guest susany2k5_1

@larabn

I know that TH doesn't deserve SN. Yet.

But the exiting thing that makes me ship them even more is the fact that he is willing to change and become a better man, a man she can trust.

WY is indeed the man SN needs in her life.

He is brave, manly, mature but for the love triangle to happen I'm sure TH will become a true competition and a threat for WY.

Exactly!! That's why it's a much more interesting story when a flawed character changes into a better person. There's character development as we see how our puppy transforms from a scaredy cat into an Emperor deserving of SN's love. It's so much more interesting of a story for the majority of viewers when there's abit of hate/bickering between the leads than full on 'love at first sight' but we can't be together relationships. I guess I'm biased cos I'm a TH/SN shipper and he provides lots of light hearted moments in an otherwise serious sageuk. The chemistry is sizzling too, that's why lots of people are on board this Titanic!!

=))

ROFL @CherKell.  =))
It's so cold that at this point, I could care less which "leading man" wins - I'm more concerned for the actors and crew staying warm.  =)) It was freezing in my office this morning, I wore gloves to log on to the MBC website. 

@tessieroo Sn is lucky that at the moment the people in the Palace are just to busy with the whole "It's the child,it's not the child" question and TS punishment to look at TH more close and his actions...The sole fact that he shows so much intrest in a maid is a question,to see him even running and entering her room is acussing and her bane...who would care if SN doesn't like TH at all or if she even had a lover...the Emperior likes her,he is a threaten to TS and the others..i hope TH will realize that his actions are careless and only harms her...i'm also curious if WY will do something to take her out,like asking directly El Temur because he needs a decrete to let her go and we know TH will never do it and DK is in line after him

Guest sogongx3

@tessieroo

Omg yes it's so cold right now and it's even colder in Korea.

Hope they'll stay healthy.

My hands are freezing cause I'm typing from my iPhone :(

@Miky88 - Exactly, it's gonna drive me insane that TH can't figure out his actions put SN in harms way even more! He can't even protect himself, how on earth can he protect SN? I've also said Ki-Se isn't going to give up easily, he's probably going to get more and more aggressive in his attempts to harm her (or take her out of the Palace) And I'm still very curious how Dowager Empress is going to treat SN once she discovers our puppy Emperor is in love with her.  :-SS
I love the way things are going so far - WY is showing up as a hero (which will also make Ki-Se very angry and put WY in more danger) so that means both WY and SN will be struggling not only for love but for their very lives. I can't wait! :D

@tessieroo
yep it will get more intense and dangkise is gonna be more creepy
and probably kidnap SN or something
I also think the writer's didn't throw the SN dream for nothing
I think he will try to kill her himself or take her with him

lol guys I'm curled up in my couch and super hungry but because it's cold
I've been sitting like this for hours now lol enduring hunger it's certainly better than enduring cold lol

I wonder how can they act in this cold weather with  thin layers of clothes on

Guest roshan90

Really bad to hear that everyone else are suffering in cold and in my country I am tuning down AC *LOL* Its really HOT even at night here.
In the walk scene this episode I saw both were tired. and JCW looked feverish. I hope they get to sleep atleast 5 hours.  [-O<

Guest roshan90

@larabn I have heard some actors say that they purposely avoid acting in these months.
Its hard for sure. I hope tomorrow's ratings will rise a LOT to give them a boost. :)

I'm sure that things will be really intresting from now on that all the characters will be in one place...WY comes back,Bayan,Tal Tal...i'm curious in what side will these two be...will Bayan protect TH making his stance clear or be on the front El Temur man and in the shadow protecting TH,i guess that will be the smart move to spare his life now that we all know TH is nothing more that a puppet that barely can keep himself alive...I'm still thinking El Temur palns something for WY,he won't just hive him his position back or some other one in witch he can gain power an be a burden to him,so i'm curious if he will atempt to kill him...i'm sure he respects him for dealing with the Turks,something that he struggled for some time if i remember,he did it in such a short time with a bunch of untrained men and few weapons...I already miss the WY worrior with beard and the hair,the royal one doesn't look so goodat least not in my eyes(what are the ancient stylists doing to his hair),and 'em i the nly one that found the scene from the preview were he is looking in the mirror and arranging himself for his encounter with SN soooooooo cute...and @tessieroo it's Miky with an i (it's my name from Mihaela or in eng Michelle)i can't see when u respond my posts so it takes a little longer to respond back sometimes :\">