[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

So I finally got to watch the swimming finale... I'm happy Jiwon got to join this sport as this show presented a side of him that is normally not seen on other shows. He's normally seen as a weakling when it comes to athletic stuff. And so to see the cool kiz team to rely on him and cheer him on.. it was really touching to see. 

I'm so sad they lost!!! But they definitely did their best and the unity their team had is priceless. Minhyuk even went topless to improve his speed.. It was really a pity.. My heart broke to see them crying..

On another note though.. it's about the final ep.. I don't know a thing about swimming.. so I could be wrong in this one. I just noticed this when I was rewatching the raw episode.. It's about the relay match. If I'm looking at this the wrong way, please correct me... hehehe

NOTE:

• Lane 1 is Cool Kiz Team.. (arrangement goes: Jaeyoon -> Minhyuk -> Jiwon -> Sunghoon)
  • Lane 2 is the team that won 

Cool Kiz lost the relay match.. and the Lane 2 team is really faster.. no doubt about that.. but---

I'm not sure about the rule or how strict is the relay match, but since it costs such a huge amount of points... so it should be quite a big deal.

Anyways here's what I noticed. I made a gif just so I can watch it clearly..

kUlA5Bs.gif

Lane 2's swimmer hasn't reached the end yet but the 3rd representative already made the jump.

Lane 1's swimmer.. Minhyuk obviously came in later, but Jiwon (3rd representative) waited for Minhyuk to fully reach the end before jumping in.

dxcuL0O.png

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @craptelly for sharing your observation. I totally agree with you that I think your observation is right.

But then I liked their attitude more when they know how to accept defeat and I really like how their teamwork has formed. I salute their sincerity to win and felt that when they cried.

I never expected to like their swimming team (as a group/ as a whole) and never expected to like the sport.

I'm so glad they recruited Jiwon and he really made the show exciting!

@beyaruth I know! And when the 4 reps of the relay match were hugging... I wanted to comfort them and tell them they did great! This is something that really happens irl.. you win some, you lose some. Anyways, they still won 2nd place. :)

Ah.. being the last person in the relay match is too much pressure... Poor Sunghoon! It always killed me everytime Jiwon went last in the relay! I also felt sorry for Minhyuk. He was apologizing when Sunghoon was getting off the pool. T___T And Jaeyoon crying like that.. oh no...

I love how they reacted towards their loss. They comforted each other and weren't bitter about it, despite the obvious sadness and disappointment.

Although, I think Cool Kiz team should've really won had this been noticed. Wouldn't this be considered as some sort of foul?

I mean, Sunghoon would've won his category had he not been disqualified.. There were also a couple of disqualification cases in the run of the swimming edition. The refs tend to be really strict.. Except that time when TIMCO won the backstroke despite the commentators thinking it should cost a DQ.. 

I'm not liking this judo cuz it seems like it's gonna be another sausage fest. at least swimming had that cutie from Melody Day, Minha, & Hani but I doubt this judo one is gonna have any ladies at all. :( I was hoping maybe Song Ga-yeon since she's a black belt in judo but she's been persona non grata since her lawsuit. Would've loved to see her cute baby face and tight little body on Cool Kiz. oh wells...

I'm betting that Kim Jae Bum will appear as a guest or something. The guy is a beast & prolly Korea's most decorated judoka at least on the international stage. particularly impressive considering he has some rare medical condition too -- can't recall what it is off hand but he talked about before on some variety show, think it was Star Golden Bell?

do you guys happen to know if the judo episode aired last night? I am really looking forward to watch this! :) finally judo~~~~!!!!

No, it didn't cuz of Chuseok holidays. It'll air next week. Is Hyungdon still out with pneumonia? Last I heard is that SSK will take over his spot but guess it all depends on Hyungdon's condition if he'll continue after that?

Guest dian8214

do you guys happen to know if the judo episode aired last night? I am really looking forward to watch this! :) finally judo~~~~!!!!

No, it didn't cuz of Chuseok holidays. It'll air next week. Is Hyungdon still out with pneumonia? Last I heard is that SSK will take over his spot but guess it all depends on Hyungdon's condition if he'll continue after that?

So that's the reason why I can't find raw videos! Thanks!

Last that I heard that he was discharged from the hospital but it wasn't announced if he'll join the next taping. I think he'll need time to recover since judo is a very physical sport (based from years of experience :))

•  

Judo Team

tumblr_nvr92wieiS1qdhf3po4_540.jpg

Martial arts experience

• Kang Hodong: Wrestling
  • Hyungdon: Aikido
  • Lee Hoon: Boxing
  • Lee Jonghyun: Judo
  • Lee Jaeyeon: Jiujitsu
  • Sewon: Judo  

Source: http://m.blog.naver.com/ad674/220500391414 http://m.blog.naver.com/ad674/220500393669

tumblr_nvr92wieiS1qdhf3po3_400.jpg

Lee Hoon, Lee JongHyun and Lee Jaeyeon (source:  cnbluegt instagram )

tumblr_nvr92wieiS1qdhf3po2_400.jpg

Lee Jonghyun with Cho JunHo (Olympic bronze medalist) family during chuseok. Seems like he coached the team. He is the preview too. (Source: cnbluegt instagram )

• 3 weeks later...

the only person i watch for is Lee Jaeyeon the other people look like fish out of water

I agree, dude is just strong. With his BJJ base, he has options like in the last fight looking for armbar to set up the takedown. Jong Hyun actually puts up a fight too, compared to the other black belt they have on.

Guest acrobaleno

Lee Jaeyoon is BADASS! The moment I saw him wearing purple belt in BJJ I know he will wreck or at least do well in this sport.

Guest acrobaleno

Anyone watched the RAW?

Lee Jae Yoon did it again! But this time adding a tomoe nage sweep before the armbar! Jaeyoon's opponent is really lucky he didn't break his arm. From the looks of it I think Jaeyoon is saying that his opponent's arm is popping. I'm actually worried about this. The opponent should tap on that but I guess because of adrenaline he maybe didn't feel it? But still you don't want to lose an arm and not be able to do judo for years or even for a life time! The referee too should actually stop the fight if ever he hears the arm popping or if he sees the arm  being really hyperextended. Anyways, Jaeyoon is superb! I think the coaches should already give him a black belt :D.  If this was actually jiujitsu rules, the referee wouldn't let them standup so the opponent would definitely break his arm! So good thing he tap at the second attempt of armbar.

Speaking of injuries, the show should take precaution on this. You don't want the viewers to be uncomfortable when they see bones broken or the like. On the first CoolKizTeam match, Junghyun actually bump his head on the ground when he attempted a throw and the coaches from both sides were suprised. Hope he learned his lesson and be more careful.

best part of yesterday's ep was the preview for next week -- let's see Chorong from A Pink, Haeyrung from BESTie and Yuna from G Friend. yep, things are looking up for this show. :D 

Just watched the first third of today's ep for Chorong. Dayum, she's mad cute man. :wub:  Lucky azz Hyungdon got to wrassle her to the ground for that self defense demo haha but IRL she would've beat his porky azz down with her TKD skills. B) Yuju& Haeryung were cute too but didn't have much screen time as Chorong. Who was that dope, Go Se-won(?) that was asking whose girlfriend was she when that's the name of her group. :lol:

kJofoos.gif

rVbVoX7.gif

eOqa21Q.gif

XwFEQmv.gif

I scanned the rest of the ep & it was more of the matches or whateva *yawn*

Guest pink_dolphins

I don't watch raw episodes I wait for kshowonline to upload eng subs even though it may be a few episodes late. Darn! Judo team is so hilarious! This is  very informative to me about Judo coz I don't know before why they kick and wrestle each other after. I wait for 1n2d.s3 and cool kiz expectantly each week. Loving this variety! :D:wub:

Archived