[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

kjmcth said:
To get a head start on the much-anticipated 2014 Brazil World Cup that kicks off June 13, the program's crew will leave for the South American country on Tuesday to hold a game of their own against local football fans. Jo will reportedly join the team as a goalkeeper.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey man, doesn't this cheerleading squad they showed in last week's teaser look like A-Pink? :-? That #15 looks like Bomi doesn't it? Or is it just my imagination haha...well, guess they could be there to support their fellow Cube artists from B2ST and BtoB right? :-/

IYvqwtF.jpg

It is A Pink. It looks like Bomi, Nam Joo, Chorong, Na Eun, and Ha Young. That's good news that they are getting a new GK. That means that KHD is gonna move to midfield/forward since he wouldn't fit playing defense.

xman150 said: It is A Pink. It looks like Bomi, Nam Joo, Chorong, Na Eun, and Ha Young. That's good news that they are getting a new GK. That means that KHD is gonna move to midfield/forward since he wouldn't fit playing defense.

At least they finally got decent jerseys with their names on them. The odd ball is still LYP I wanna see what the alternate jersey nike gave him to use compared to the Le Coq ones the rest of team.

Watching them play football is almost as painful as badminton. But at least with that there's a low learning curve. With football, you can teach them the basic footwork and techniques, but you can't train your body to have high endurance in just two weeks. So what do they do? Stuff this show with as much idols and high profile soccer players as much possible and hope for the best until Brazil. I watched the first and second match hoping that it'll improve, but it's literally just a bunch of dudes running around not knowing what to do and LYP pretty much shaking his head the entire time. I just feel bad for Yoo PD who's dreamed of directing a sports variety show, pretty much build it up to have some momentum, and only to have it gone to crap due to ratings antics.

xman150 said: At least they finally got decent jerseys with their names on them. The odd ball is still LYP I wanna see what the alternate jersey nike gave him to use compared to the Le Coq ones the rest of team.

man, this game was Yoo PD-nim's worst nightmare cuz I'm sure he's under orders to make Goo Ja Myung persona non grata since his DUI and basically edit him out as much as possible but kinda hard to do when the dude scores a hat trick lol...he scored all 3 goals for CKOTB but they tried to minimize it as much as possible haha

This Il Won FC Club were no joke but CKOTB missed so many chances...it was frustrating! ~X(  Minho was the worst offender...LYP set him up beautifully a number of times, only to have Minho mess it up. CKOTB just needs to employ a counter attacking style from the get go if they're gonna have any chance to beat these teams since this team just doesn't have the skills to be a playmaking team. 

Of course the refs swallowed the whistle when it came to LYP cuz the players from FC Il Won were really playing physical in the box and they were getting away with fouls on LYP all day. CKOTB tried Hyungdon as goalie but it was a failed experiment as he was no better than KHD, who continues to take bad angles & get beat. :-<  This team needs Jo Han Sun in the worst way & he can't join the team soon enuff IMO. Just imagine who bad this team is gonna be when Goo Ja Myung is no longer with 'em...he's by far, the teams' best player. #-o  yeah, I had this same expression as Bomi during much of this match. :))

VNLu5ur.jpg

As far as the FC Il Won players, this dude who used to be Hyungdon's manager but now is Yoon Hyung Bin's stood out for his powerful leg! LOL at Lee Jung saying he must've had a hard azz time during the time he was Hyungdon's manager. :))

yhoLNpc.jpg

This massage therapist dude was pretty good too. He scored 2 goals for his team including the first goal of the game. What the heck does he have on his ear tho'? :-? Unless KBS is making him cover up his earring?

ob2GwtR.jpg

Highlight of the ep was of course, A-Pink. :D They prepared a nice spread for the team & had a makeshift picnic on the soccer pitch with the players. Getting hand fed too...it doesn't get any better than that. :x

DUWPgSg.jpg

heck, Lee Young-pyo & manager Lee Duk Hwa should've just subbed A-Pink in at the end...seriously, I doubt they would do any worse than that useless speedskater and announcer guy. :P

DyfBoFT.jpg

Looks like they head off to Brazil next to take part in that KIA Champ Into the Arena 5 man soccer tourney.

vSxn70L.jpg

I just watched the first episode of soccer, and let me just say that Kang Hodong should really not be the goalkeeper.You literally need to throw your whole body towards the ball to protect the goal.But he just uses his feet or hands, and even sometimes he just stands there...I hope they change the goalkeeper.I mean, recruit Roh Jihoon, that guy is brilliant XD

Oh gosh true. And KHD doesn't exactly have fast reflexes.Sadly, he can't be out in the field either. I think he hates running. He jogs most of the time when running's involved lolThey really need another goalkeeper. In the basketball season, KHD stepped back in the sidelines most of the time bec there were a lot of good players but here in soccer, only very few.

Looks like tomorrow's ep is gonna feature some ex-Korean National team players...I recognize goalie Kim Byung-ji and looks like he brought along his son...I also see midfielder Yoo Sang Chul, midfielder Ko Jong-soo, forward Lee Chun-soo, left winger Choi Tae-uk, midfielder Baek Ji-hoon and defender Cho Won Hee. The last two were teammates of Lee Young Pyo on the 2006 FIFA WC team. Ko Jong Soo was Lee Young Pyo's teammate on the 1998 FIFA WC squad while Kim Byung Ji & Yoo Sang Chul were Lee Young Pyo's teammates on the 1998 & 2002 FIFA WC teams.

08bm04d.jpg

I just skipped to the game play portion of the episode and they played 11 on 7 with the world cup stars. Minho played well in the early part of the game that they showed and KHD actually did a little bit of goal keeping, stopping a shot. The preview shows that he stops a few more but we know how those previews turn out. They added Kim Hyung Guk to the team and the new goalie hasn't shown up yet but was in the pic for the Brazil team that I saw on AKP.

xman150 said: I just skipped to the game play portion of the episode and they played 11 on 7 with the world cup stars. Minho played well in the early part of the game that they showed and KHD actually did a little bit of goal keeping, stopping a shot. The preview shows that he stops a few more but we know how those previews turn out. They added Kim Hyung Guk to the team and the new goalie hasn't shown up yet but was in the pic for the Brazil team that I saw on AKP.

So I was able to catch up on all the eps yesterday. I have to say they did improve. Hoot hoot for the team scoring the first goal in their game against the World Stars. :) That was something even if the other team was short on members. The old guy's hilarious and KyuHyuk (?) sucks at soccer but he's really funny unintentionally. The one person I really want to replace is the announcer and somehow the coach (even if I liked him on the first ep but he doesn't contribute much on improving the team). I'm not a soccer fan but I'm actually enjoying the episodes. A lot of their conversations are funny and YoungPyo's got an awesome personality. Besides, I'm a Beast fan so yeah lol

The 2nd half of the game was much better than the 1st half for some of the players. KHD actually played a decent GK having a few saves. The announcer was showcased for a couple plays where he actually played good defense. Coach LDH played a bit in the 2nd half as well, scoring a goal on a nice cross by SJS. I think Kim Byung Ji gave him that goal. Lol. They ended up losing of course 3-5 but looked better as a team. The 2nd half of the episode was them making their way to Brazil. Jo Han Sun joined them and did nothing much after they introduced him in the airport. They visited a training facility and showed that their next game was going to be against some members of the Brazil women's national team.

xman150 said: The 2nd half of the game was much better than the 1st half for some of the players. KHD actually played a decent GK having a few saves. The announcer was showcased for a couple plays where he actually played good defense. Coach LDH played a bit in the 2nd half as well, scoring a goal on a nice cross by SJS. I think Kim Byung Ji gave him that goal. Lol. They ended up losing of course 3-5 but looked better as a team. The 2nd half of the episode was them making their way to Brazil. Jo Han Sun joined them and did nothing much after they introduced him in the airport. They visited a training facility and showed that their next game was going to be against some members of the Brazil women's national team.

hey ya know the couple selection thing was scripted cuz c'mon man, you mean these gals are gonna pass over SJS & Doojoon for that speedskater? :P

mvVh9px.jpg

did you see that derp face that Jo Han Sun made when he thought that one chick was gonna pick him but instead she passed him over for Kim Heung Suk? :-j

what's the deal-e-o with this CKOTB playing tug-o-war with fans? are they gonna show this or is this getting edited out? :-?

Looks like they play a bunch of other games too...this is Lee Jung right? haha, I think the CKOTB guys will like this game :P that chick that kissed him looks pretty cute. :)>-

any of ya'll check out the Idol Futsal & Cheerleading World Cup special? I thought it was pretty entertaining overall & enjoyed all the games. I dunno but futsal seems to work better on TV cuz it's fast moving and more action packed than regular soccer.

The final game between Idol Team D & A was kinda bogus tho' -- Team D was slipping & losing their footing due to having played their earlier qualifying games on grass than they had to adjust to the indoor surface while Team A was already used to it from having played all their games indoors. Props to Team A tho', they played well and Minho & Luhan were scoring at will throughout the tourney. I thought Luhan was being too optimistic when he predicted a hat trick in the opening game but he backed it up by scoring 4 goals! =D>

Team D's strategy backfired when they replaced Roh Ji Hoon with Kangnam from MIB but Roh Ji Hoon still showed he's the best goalkeeper bar none. Never realized he was a lefty and he has a booming leg too. In fact, it came down to two lefties with him and Leo from VIXX to see who had the most powerful leg with RJH coming out on top.

TFYK6AQ.jpg

I was rooting for team C cuz of Shorry, Kim Chang Ryul & Lee Wan all the way & they had a shot too but damn, don't know why they replaced Kim Chang Ryul with that useless Son Jin Young at goalie? :-?? Didn't they realize Son Jin Young sucks when he nearly let Team A comeback from a 6-0 deficit? speaking of Shorry, he actually got taken off the field in an ambulance after colliding with goalie Ahn Kye Bum. Ahn Kye Bum prolly outweighs Shorry by 30 to 40 kilos & fell with his full body weight on top of poor Shorry! b-( Thankfully it wasn't serious tho' as Shorry was back out there for the semi-final game.

SadUrLP.jpg

Team C lost to Team D but they managed to get the consolation 3rd place Bronze medal by beating Idol Team B on penalty kicks but I think Lee Wan showed everyone today that he was the best player out there & it wasn't even close. He said in the final interview that he's always wanted to participate on the futsal eps but wasn't able to due to not being an idol but I hope he becomes a regular fixture in future eps. :-bd

DJRfZKa.jpg

as far as the cheerleading competition, Team D ended up beating Team A by a single point, 466-465. I enjoyed Team A's routine more tho' -- I dunno? I think it was the twerking lol...Team B had the lowest score overall but I thought Yewon looked super cute today in the interview with Shindong. :D meh, wasn't a fan of Team C's fluffy outfits...those were whack! :-q

It would be nice if they don't edit out the games with the fans. There were cameras in the area...I wonder why they didn't invite Roh Ji Hoon. Watching him in Idol Futsal, I could tell he's pretty good as goalkeeper.

what a boring azz ep & another snoozer. I-)  I only perked up during the friendly against the Brazilian womens' team but even that was pretty lackluster. Even guest commentator, Heo Joon couldn't get my pumped up for it. :-< KHD was the star for CKOTB with his saves & keeping the game from becoming a total farce -- even if the gals were taking it easy and playing at less than full speed. Guess that saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day applies to KHD's goal keeping this ep. :))

Hopefully next week, they show those games from the fancams to inject some life into these Brazil eps but I'm not holding my breath. [-O<

Archived