[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

Ep 152 with sub is out... 

and I manage to watch it with all my roommate this time (I persuade them that this time it all man) ... all the Professional payer have high level of skill but...

Spoiler

one of mine roommate give her personal opinion this time... "Korean Man is nothing without plastic surgery"... and she manage to make me speechless the entire episode..:confounded: 

it getting difficult to ask them to watch sport game (can we love the game as it is? not for the surface?)... and it become unrealistic to ask them to join me in Sport everyday.... but honestly... the teamwork for this Volleyball Edition are getting worse... the PD need to have special training Camp... this Show should encourage people to join any types of sport or if not... make a new fan... someone that willing to pay for the ticket...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 153 have nothing spacial, this time around.... it was an easy game for them as the strategy and tactical from the coach seem match with the player.... and most comments from other website was about the rules of body to received the ball.

13094246_781997581936272_493281049821474

for Episode 154.... the things that capture my eye was the other Team player....  He is on par with HJ and Rohei skill.. Player No 42 the ace.... Hope the coach, SJ will ask him to be in the team...

and the way the CKB team play the game this time are more on "Play Smart" than 100% follow the coach tactical ... same strategy that I learn during the second year when mine team play in state level... we learn to play smart, re-act on opposition strategy.. it show the trust to each other, but this team only show that it always be OMS-Rohei-HJ..... 3 main players... if any of this player not in good shape, it will be difficult game...

6f59b833ce26ae05dbbd323db0d0bdec.jpg

Are arm bruised is normal for new Volleyball player?

Bora_1462461579_af_org.jpg

safe_image.php?d=AQAfWpYj6LSxpVmX&w=470&

It totally NO... Big NO.... Don't scare others~

follow this simple tip to avoid all this:

1. Don't over Do.... your body will be in shock... it not prepare for high speed ball...

2. Enjoy light training only for a few days.... it always 1 week orientation for the new player.. understand the basic ways for serve, blocking, rules etc.... please say No went the senior ask you to join them (their just want to show off)... 

3. Buy additional tools to protect yourself...  wear any equipment, or suitable apparel or gear during practice or games
(hohohoho... i has been warded for 3 times for broken bone all this years so PROTECTION is MUST)

4. Practice by yourself.... take extra 30minute or a hour early than others.... your body need to be prepared and in ready mood.... "Practice make perfect" or in this sport "Practice reduces yourself from be injured" your body will know to re act and in future the high speed ball is 'nothing'~

Injury is normal in sport ...... so Prepare yourself~

To others who thinking about to try Play Volleyball...

I wish to share to you a little bit story about myself and how I found in love with this sport

I start knowing and watching this sport game on TV when I was 5/6 years old but only in love to try and play when I was 9/10 years Old... i was ab-normal size girl... too big for my age.. and mine best buddy was in same category... it was a dream come true to my coach... the Giant Team... we start representing school in 4 Grade and representing the state the next year for junior national level... and it all start will this drama:

Moero Attack a.k.a Attack No 1

Scramble.jpg

That why in my eye... the Japanese Team was the best in the World... no one can beating them... their have this super Power and unknown strategy (till now i still believe and when Coach SJ, said that he never lose in any game with Japan.. I make my research... hohohohoho... and he said the true...As Fan, my argument to this fact... it was Man Team and only in Asia Level ).

This drama, movie and manga was about a story of Midori and Kozue.... but for me it teach me a lot about the proud and responsibility on having your name on the Jersey representing the team...

the new version: Attack No 1 2005

(Japan Woman High School Selection Team; State Level)

1128838510881.jpg

if looking something funny; watch this one,

Oppai Volleyball (2009)

oppai-volleyball-kam-and-ronson.jpg?w=50

for you who no into J-Drama... K-Drama also come out with this Sport Game and it for Man Player

Web Drama:Thumping Spike/We have something Special/Pounding Spike (2015)

photo715335.jpg

Hey @izhani85. Chiming in because I love sports too, and this thread deserves more love!

Played some team sports myself (hockey and softball) so I can really relate to the dynamics and the high from working together with a team. Even when the match doesn't go well, having team mates to cheer for and to rely on can be an inspiring and rewarding experience. And training was always something to look forward to when you love the game. 

Haha, I remembered those Japanese sports dramas, even back in the 80's, where they had players and the ball doing crazy impossible things. There was a tennis one too...

I tried watching Thumping Spike web drama, but didn't enjoy it much. I don't think I feel like watching all of it. The lead actress (forgot her name) doesn't come across as a believable national volleyball star -- they should have used a taller and bigger actress. And it's seems to be all about the romance... 

I loved the latest match against the Celebrity team, because things were close and exciting. I thought the Celeb team was going to win, but it seems the team hasn't gelled together yet. Maybe their coach was too busy trying to brush up basic techniques for some new members. But our CKB team is very quick to move on from errors, and focus on the next point, which coach Se Jin was wise to drill in the early episodes.  

And I think i'm developing a major crush on Otani Ryohei!! (Am I the only one??) This guy really delivers when it counts, even when it's match point, and all the pressure is on him to serve, he can stay cool and whip off aces. This is the ultimate sportsman among all of them ! <3

On 4 May 2016 at 3:34 PM, izhani85 said:

for Episode 154.... the things that capture my eye was the other Team player....  He is on par with HJ and Rohei skill.. Player No 42 the ace.... Hope the coach, SJ will ask him to be in the team...

and the way the CKB team play the game this time are more on "Play Smart" than 100% follow the coach tactical ... same strategy that I learn during the second year when mine team play in state level... we learn to play smart, re-act on opposition strategy.. it show the trust to each other, but this team only show that it always be OMS-Rohei-HJ..... 3 main players... if any of this player not in good shape, it will be difficult game...

No. 42 (Gu Gyo Ik?) would be nice to have. I'd like to see more of him, but how many more eps are there left for volleyball? I wonder if they can get him to join. Kang Nam and Ho Dong have improved slightly but they are still like black holes. Opponents like to target them, since they are the weakest. 

Ahh, all this makes me want to play volleyball, but there's no club where I am... 

4 hours ago, kookiemonsta said:

Played some team sports myself (hockey and softball) so I can really relate to the dynamics and the high from working together with a team. Even when the match doesn't go well, having team mates to cheer for and to rely on can be an inspiring and rewarding experience. And training was always something to look forward to when you love the game. 

hohohoho... i alway have a fight during practice... if our coach be late...  all the team members will gone in minute... it happen went we be play for so many years and we know each other so long... from primary to secondary ...6-7 years????..the same team..the same members... but i miss them now... in univ level... the team members are new... in workplaces there are none volleyball player/team... so i enjoy watching it as it is.... Now, i'm enjoy play indoor sport with my friends... trying sport like bowling and archery...as the girls are too busy to maintain beautiful all the time~

I tried watching Thumping Spike web drama, but didn't enjoy it much. I don't think I feel like watching all of it. The lead actress (forgot her name) doesn't come across as a believable national volleyball star -- they should have used a taller and bigger actress. And it's seems to be all about the romance... 

I don't watch it... I write about it as one of the celebrity Team members was one of the drama cast... that all~

And I think i'm developing a major crush on Otani Ryohei!! (Am I the only one??) This guy really delivers when it counts, even when it's match point, and all the pressure is on him to serve, he can stay cool and whip off aces. This is the ultimate sportsman among all of them ! <3

I enjoy and have a crush on him to~ :wub: i know Ryohei Oppa can play volleyball during 'Roommate 2" show.

I wonder if they can get him to join. Kang Nam and Ho Dong have improved slightly but they are still like black holes. Opponents like to target them, since they are the weakest. 

Don't see any article about him join the team.... so it just a wish... as the episode has been recorded on 16/04....  and none of unofficial fan pic show him in new episode after that...

to be the target of the other team is normal.... to solve it (1) HD and KN need to improve/practice more than others (2) Others teammate play extra roles and cover them spot ( such as HJ cover for Jotta) (3) Coach SJ, change them with substitute player :P it means new members~

I really love this variety shows as it gives many people motivation to stay healthy and to work out! I love how so many sports during this show have brought people together. I don't know I feel like sports like for example volleyball you can become closer as a team and I have never felt that before so it is really beautiful to see that bond with the members. But I must say this - I am a little disappointed that there is not at least one female regular member of the team. Just one. I really long for an athletic girl who is there to not just be pretty but to shout with the rest of the guys. 

For episode 155 yesterday... it my first time watch it live in KBS2... hohhohoho.... I cant wait for the upload site as it was too late a.k.a it Soul National Univ Team btw.... it remind me of mine fav player (Kunihiro Shimizu).. for my view on this episode.... nothing change, the same conclusion... When the 3 top players don't performance.... MS cant save a serve (he do it great at set 3 btw).... HJ cant get point form spike ( set 2 and set 3) and RH cant get point from serve (set 3).... 1 over 3... their totally lose it..... their spirit gone 1st.... than the set point and the game~ the worse about it... it keep happen and the coach see lose in strategy or his mind????.... there are a reason why technical time out is allowed... and why RH is always be setter? he was hitter... the team have 4 hitter but only HG be used and the second best has been setter for all the game??? Change it.... make RH a hitter...  become offensive...

13173677_785128988289798_17088001256658213138905_785385404930823_11745192204710613133224_785385521597478_627097456560143

I never follow any player who is popular or in their 'golden Era' but i used to follow player from the early age till end (retired) as Brazil legend Luca... as junior player or in Shimizu cases from Univ level as, we in same range of age...  to follow him from senior univ.... club and than national team was crazy ride... happy and sad when he get married. So, for others new fan in Volleyball you can start with Univ level League and this episode is the good example...before their enter professional league... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0W0X-0Oy0HxEDODSljXd

(Shimizu wear no 1 in Japan Team now and I always refer him as S.O.Nell the 'Monster' in Court... )

Btw; Iran is the good example that tactical Team can beat a good Team plays, Brazil is good individual skill team and Italy is just like watching 'Action Movie' in too many ways with too many hero.... USA is what i have, their be played so long together from from early stage (univ level till club) from nothing to hero... their make no sound.... no word... as everyone know what their should do... it was crazy~

nnew member join cool kiz team today  ---filming --- he from e154 

donghyuk travel oversea .. he already planning early this trip and will back to team ...

from  fanpage this show facebook 

13240017_789127507889946_257690713870561

Spoiler

okey...

1st;Jota and his Married..... it was too must too be  so cute~

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR16UWFnxoGp2EekYDuIHM

2nd; Jersey no.34 (Donghyuk) is out and New Jersey no.42 (GuGyoik) is on.....  for their National Tour Games

safe_image.php?d=AQD0SXcG64lSiq_B&w=470&

3rd; Coach SinJin update his SNS for the tour and the game... follow him for the snack peak before and after games.

safe_image.php?d=AQC-9FkLXh-F3ayz&w=470& safe_image.php?d=AQCwwZL-5dl5Iaf2&w=346&

** Be busy as the Thomas cup is on Semi final stage.... want to enjoy  National Team games 1st... Go Go Iskandar~

I have been a fan of this show since the beginning. I just finished watching episode 155 and I am so disappointed that I discovered the results are preset. I have been playing volleyball for over 10 years and have played in many tournaments and have watched hundreds of matches. There were a couple obvious calls in the last game that were given to the Cool Kiz even though the replays clearly showed they should have gone to Itaewon. Even the final point was clearly off of HakJin's hand because they showed the play in slow motion and you can see it hit him and change direction and go out. I guess maybe I was naive to think a variety program would not have a script as well. Do I keep watching knowing this? I don't know if I can enjoy it the same anymore. I need advice. 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:05 PM, jcruz said:

I have been a fan of this show since the beginning. I just finished watching episode 155 and I am so disappointed that I discovered the results are preset. I have been playing volleyball for over 10 years and have played in many tournaments and have watched hundreds of matches. There were a couple obvious calls in the last game that were given to the Cool Kiz even though the replays clearly showed they should have gone to Itaewon. Even the final point was clearly off of HakJin's hand because they showed the play in slow motion and you can see it hit him and change direction and go out. I guess maybe I was naive to think a variety program would not have a script as well. Do I keep watching knowing this? I don't know if I can enjoy it the same anymore. I need advice. 

Wooo~ you see it too, right? hohohoho.... past is past....but it still make us piss out :P

that why i decided not to write the summary on episode 156.. it even worse... Just said their need to keep the winning straight as it was a Sport show to show that Korean people are so great in games and their can beat up all the foreigner.  Keep in mind as volleyball player you should know where Korea Men's Volleyball is... but their always said their in top of the chart and winning all the biggest tournament; so enjoy the game and remind us the good time we have as player before~

if them used the advantage as home ground so, be it... the result will show on the tour games when their become visitor. 

OMG-I knew it!!  I couldn't figure out why the volleyball games kept going in Cool Kidz favor.  I thought this show would be fair and really show a real game, but I was too naive.  Suspicious behavior from the swimming segment had be start cheering for the opponents - Cool Kidz don't deserve to win if they are presetting the games in their favor.  I wonder how many times they've done that - I can't watch and enjoy the show knowing the game is fixed.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:28 AM, b020 said:

OMG-I knew it!!  I couldn't figure out why the volleyball games kept going in Cool Kidz favor.  I thought this show would be fair and really show a real game, but I was too naive.  Suspicious behavior from the swimming segment had be start cheering for the opponents - Cool Kidz don't deserve to win if they are presetting the games in their favor.  I wonder how many times they've done that - I can't watch and enjoy the show knowing the game is fixed.

I think that in the early episodes of a sport they let a show play out (win or lose) but then they have to show that Cool Kidz actually improved so then they script it so that the Cool Kidz shows improvement. Also they don't let the score gap too wide in sports with alot of points so it wont be a blowout.

Another factor for scripting it is because they have to keep certain celebrities on the show even though they are bad at the sport. This is because alot of ppl only watch the show because of those celebrities. If they just took out all the celebrities that are not good at the sport and replaced them with ringers then they will lose the fanviewers and also be accused of just using ringers.

@jcruz @b020 It was disappointing and such a shame because I really enjoyed the show. Early episodes for volleyball, I thought there were quite a few footfaults from CKB that didnt' get called. I hate to think that fair play was sacrificed for entertainment's sake. It would have looked bad with loss of pride if the Itaewoners had beaten Koreans. I'm still watching it though, if not for fair play, then for the beautiful athleticism from Ryohei, HakJin, JaeYoon. 

Donghyuk has been having so much tape on his shoulder, I'm guessing he's finally feeling the strain and has to go before he does more damage. Hak Jin and Ryohei has been getting taped up too. (HJ said before that he's got a bad shoulder that kept him from playing competitively). Realistically, I won't expect the CKB team to hold up physically. Sports injuries and overtraining will creep in. Hope nobody gets seriously hurt out there. 

@Konoha_RockLee Yeah, they can't take out HoDong, even though he's the least mobile guy and the weakest, because he's the MC. But KangNam? I used to wonder why... maybe he's the audacious one who dares to make cheeky comments (a mild version of 2D1N's Jung Joonyoung), and HoDong can bully him for laughs. Sleepy? Well, i don't know... maybe it's they can't be replacing people too often either, not good for team morale. And they need some average players around to keep up the "neighbourhood" theme. I really wished they showed the full game play, because the sets where CKB got steam-rolled with a large score margin (like 6-15) was heavily edited. I don't need to watch the pretty lady guests go picnicking with them. 

@izhani85 Our wishes came true. Gu Gyo Ik playing for CKB now. I'll still watch because I want to see more magic from him. 

Is it just me? Ep 158's lady coach didn't present well at all on TV. She came across like she was full of negativity and didn't communicate well with her players. Or maybe it's just the editing that made her look bad.

In contrast, in previous episodes, I've seen what I think are good coaching practices on previous episodes, from retired players, all giving specific instructions, without being overly judgmental and communicating effectively with their team. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 11:11 PM, kookiemonsta said:

@izhani85 Our wishes came true. Gu Gyo Ik playing for CKB now. I'll still watch because I want to see more magic from him. 

hohohoho... It come true... the PD is reading all the comments..

* Btw. it been 3 weeks as the team prepare for the tournament and the result was too predictable....

On 5/24/2016 at 4:52 PM, izhani85 said:

if them used the advantage as home ground so, be it... the result will show on the tour games when their become visitor. 

can i said that this team are event worst than their play in Tennis Tournament??  The preparation are out as the team spirit are low and HJ still want to be the ace... and their still looking for the tune for the new format/player and court size??? what was that? why dont their start with the same format in the 1st place.... it will be miracle if their can beat up 1 team in the tournament... 

On 6/2/2016 at 11:23 PM, kookiemonsta said:

Is it just me? Ep 158's lady coach didn't present well at all on TV. She came across like she was full of negativity and didn't communicate well with her players. Or maybe it's just the editing that made her look bad.

In contrast, in previous episodes, I've seen what I think are good coaching practices on previous episodes, from retired players, all giving specific instructions, without being overly judgmental and communicating effectively with their team. 

** In professional stage, we used to have different coach for specific area/skill.... but at the end.... the tactical will be on the Head Coach... He/She also the one that have the final words on who will be play, that why retired players are good coach for develop skill but not as good for Tactical Head Coach....  as Head Coach communication didn't play a big role.... as long he/she can position the players well, command and tactical on the dot, we as player don't care more (Player only need to follow the tactical, and it will based on the Respect.) (Respect is to gain, how? it based on situation).... as the games is Team Player with full skill player....  a little advantage can make a huge different at the end result... so, negative/loud/curse/etc Head Coach is also a Good Coach for a team.... so it normal to seen a bad image of Coach in Sport... for example, José Mourinho, he have a bad image as Manager with anger issue etc but he good~ as the Team performance also will impact the reputation.

*** As next month, will be a games between South Korea and Malaysia for position in Asia's Rugby Premier Division... it will be my hope that the next game will be Rugby 7's Side.... it will be crazy as all the player need to have a body like Jota. and it means 7 Jota in 1 Team.. Please PD, think about it~ :w00t::w00t:

Is the latest episode the most accurate reflection of the CKB ability? Maybe yes, maybe no. Was the beach volleyball, played on the same day as the match? If so, then they could be tired. Half a day under the sun can be draining, and maybe the tight scheduling meant they had not much choice, because so much coordination and guests involved. But they are still not regular players, and against the best amateur team, I dont expect CKB to win either. Anyway, glad to see Donghyuk back again, he wasnt retired!

Izhani85, you're a seasoned team athlete, so I think u give an accurate idea of the coach situation. We cannot tell from a single match abt coachjng dynamics for any team. I just wished the female coach had a more favourable tv presence. Maybe I am biased,  lol.i want ladies to do ladies proud. 

Btw, I played in teams for 2 years only, and we used to richard simmons abt a shouty coach, who yelled but couldnt communicate well, so half the time we didnt really understand what he wanted us to do, and we did our own thing!Anyway, i am not a serious player, guess i am too soft for harsh coaching! 

Rugby? If so, then HoDong will be useful again! XD

Archived