[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Guest LHRCN

Goodness I am loving this drama!
I don't think it's moving too fast and because I have such faith in the writer, I expect the other 44 episodes will be great.  For those who are worried that this might sag in the middle (as is common in the sageuks on the main channels - e.g. Dong Yi, Queen Seon Deok and *sigh* Horse Doctor) I do not think we have much to fear.  The channel showed us Queen Insoo last year which was hands down the best sageuk I have seen in years and I don't think there was really a period of sagging. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peaceserenity

Grumpy82

said: Goodness I am loving this drama!

I don't think it's moving too fast and because I have such faith in the writer, I expect the other 44 episodes will be great.  For those who are worried that this might sag in the middle (as is common in the sageuks on the main channels - e.g. Dong Yi, Queen Seon Deok and *sigh* Horse Doctor) I do not think we have much to fear.  The channel showed us Queen Insoo last year which was hands down the best sageuk I have seen in years and I don't think there was really a period of sagging. 

Guest LHRCN

Kim Hyun Joo:'' Yam Jun makes me happy''

201304120737770488_51673b40b42ba.jpg

Kim Hyun Joo confessed that she's really happy because of Yam-jeon.

The JTBC weekend drama had a previewing event in North Jeolla Buan.

Kim Hyun Joo said, "I am happy these days to be in the drama. I am having fun and the response is good too. The process of creating something better with the cast and staff is great".

"The part where Yam-jeon goes into the palace was interesting. The way she is so bold and undefeated in front of the court ladies is fun".

"I like the way Nam-hyeok's romance gives me the mellow feeling. It was sad though. It is useful to think about it when I need to make myself weaker for a different scene".

"Cruel Palace - War of Flowers" is a drama about the king's women who fight for power and authority within the palace. It can be seen every Saturday and Sunday at 8:45PM.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

from http://www.hancinema.net/cruel-palace--war-of-flowers-kim-hyeon-joo-54881.html

Thanks for the thread and all the effort involved by all.....

I've been a silent fan/stalker of the thread but had to log in and give a shout out to the actors on the soliloquy by the king in ep 6.   I was smiling so broadly while watching because it was truly Shakespearean.  Love <3

Edit:  I need to sign in more often to know how to use the site because I see a character not typed....

Thank you for the OST. I've been waiting for the release since I first heard it in the drama.

I'm glad Kim Hyun Joo is having fun playing this role since I have fun watching her portray this character as well. Yam Jun is a very interesting character. And it's really a treat to see all the veteran actors, especially Lee Deok Hwa and Jung Sung Mo, act out the best performance.

Guest LHRCN

new pic from the next ep

70562954.jpg

NH is killed by some men and he is dumped into the river. ahhhh poor him.
I guess he wouldnt die and would comeback to revenge 

Guest kcmg25

I just finished all the first six episodes of Cruel Palace and I'm totally loving the plot of the drama. In every episode I watched, questions popped into my mind in which I'm curious to find out in the upcoming episodes. This is a one-of-a-kind Saeguk that's why so many people are interested to watch it. 
OM! Poor Nam Hyuk. I agree with you LHRCN. He might take a revenge on what happened to him. Now the scenes are getting more intense. I guess this will be the third Saeguk that I will consistently watch. I can't wait to watch the next episodes. 

Guest LHRCN

ah OMG, Yam Chun is totally crazy in this ep, i think she is not her anymore, she is so evil now.
ep 7 spoiler*********

The first scene started off as she went to see the king and wanted him to do thing for her
Injo promised to make her the queen if she gives birth to a son.
The crown prince has a meeting with the chinese Prince, crown prince was angry at something
the crown princess was so professional dealing with his emotions.

at home, YC's mother and shot doctor prepared something for her to give birth to a son,, this scene is funny, haha
KJJ ordered shot doctor to treat him again, he then asked something about YC, i think shot doctor told everything about NH.
next scene, YC went home, angry at something, she wanted to talk to the shot doctor
she said something like:'' in order for my son to live, i have to live to''
so she told him to do something for her.
at NH's house, he watches his mother sleep its like his last goodbye with her.
then he went to meet YC at the temple.
she told him about the child and how he is going to be a KING.
he holds her, they spend a little time together, later after YC left
the men in black attacked NH. He was only hurt a little bit
then he ran away to the mountain, he still fight with those men, the he saw her appear somewhere. then he lost his control/ or he knows that she wanted him to die and takes this secret with him, so he gave up the battle, then men killed him and dumped him into the river
when the men left, YC appeared, she didnt cry but just standing there to look at him in the river, then she left
next time she is in labor and is about to give birth.
She gave birth to a DAUGHTER. she asked the maid is it a son?? no one answered
she knew its a DAUGHTER. so she was so angry and tell them to do something with the child ( i dont understand what she ordered the maids to do)
she was so crazy here knowing that she just gave birth to a daughter.(OMG she has become crazy, who would do something like that to your baby)
*end*******

preview
the Queen enters the palace, knowing the queen is young and innocent so YC sides with her and tells lies about the other ladies
the war among the ladies started.

Guest LHRCN

kcmg25 said: I just finished all the first six episodes of Cruel Palace and I'm totally loving the plot of the drama. In every episode I watched, questions popped into my mind in which I'm curious to find out in the upcoming episodes. This is a one-of-a-kind Saeguk that's why so many people are interested to watch it. 
OM! Poor Nam Hyuk. I agree with you LHRCN. He might take a revenge on what happened to him. Now the scenes are getting more intense. I guess this will be the third Saeguk that I will consistently watch. I can't wait to watch the next episodes. 

Guest peaceserenity

*Spoiler*
I actually cannot believe she did that! Grrr I'm so annoyed at her!
The scene of him falling down reminds me a lot of what happened to Cha Jeon-Soo in Dong Yi, but her then returnedI'm guessing the same thing will happen to NK (His character photo is him being a police guard?) and I can smell revenge coming towards YC 

Guest LHRCN

peaceserenity said: *Spoiler*
The scene of him falling down reminds me a lot of what happened to Cha Jeon-Soo in Dong Yi, but her then returnedI'm guessing the same thing will happen to NK (His character photo is him being a police guard?) and I can smell revenge coming towards YC 

Guest kcmg25

No doubt, Yam Chun is already greedy in terms of power and attention of the king. We can now see clearly that she would dare to do everything for the sake of having a son to become a king and her to become a queen. Though she wants to save Nam Hyuk and her daughter, she's still evil and scary. I somehow missed the old Yam Chun. Though she was spoiled before, still she cares for others and naive too. I guess she was blinded to all the benefits that she is getting from the time she entered the palace. 
I hope Nam Hyuk won't get any revenge towards Yam Chum, but who knows? Maybe he would just act like he cares for Yam Chun, but inside his mind is a plan of revenge to what she and Kim Ja Jeom did to him. Well, just a guess. 
I really love this drama though the main character is evil and scary. I do believe that from the outside is a woman who wants everything to be in accordance to her decision even if it is evil, but deep inside she has her own weaknesses too. Can't wait to watch episode 7 with English subtitles.

Guest peaceserenity

LHRCN said: peaceserenity said: *Spoiler*

@LHRCN thanks for the recap dear. the baby just looks like NamHyuk cute. Well, if it were a boy, then the drama wouldn't have so many episodes left :D This drama is awesome. It shoes us the bitter reality how it may was for those women at the palace. Those  who seek power and possesed intelligency, but they were limited to the possibility/chances of a woman in a men-dominated world at that time.

Guest LHRCN

darthborg said: @LHRCN thanks for the recap dear. the baby just looks like NamHyuk cute. Well, if it were a boy, then the drama wouldn't have so many episodes left :D This drama is awesome. It shoes us the bitter reality how it may was for those women at the palace. Those  who seek power and possesed intelligency, but they were limited to the possibility/chances of a woman in a men-dominated world at that time.

Guest peaceserenity

Dunno if I'm really slow or not - But I just found out that one of my favourite actresses Ha Ji Won is Jeon Tae-Soo's (The guy who plays NK) sister! 
Is it weird that I'm happy to hear that? xD Lool :P 

Archived