[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWMARIO said:

You're The Best Lee Soon Shin Episode 11 Review: Son Tae Young & Yoo In Na Visit Jo Jung Suk to Investigate

Posted on April 13, 2013 in drama by via FavoriteLoadingAdd to Pins

201304132102401710_1

In You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin, episode 11, Lee Hye Shin(played by Son Tae Young) and Lee Yoo Shin(played by Yoo In Na) visited Shin Joon Ho(played by Jo Jung Suk) at his office to check on Lee Soon Shin(played by IU).

Soon Shin told Yoo Shin that she signed a contract with Joon Ho’s agency. Yoo Shin doubted her and asked, “Did you get swindled again? What kind of joke are you playing?” Soon Shin answered, “This time it’s real for sure. I get lessons from Song Mi Ryung(played by Lee Mi Sook) too.”

Later Yoo Shin told Hye Shin about this, and the two decided to go to Joon Ho to talk about the contract.

At Joon Ho’s office, Yoo Shin asked Joon Ho, “With what intention did you make Soon Shin sign the contract?” Joon Ho answered, “I saw potential. Why are you looking down on your little sister? She has a lot of potential.” Moreover, Hye Shin asked Joon Ho to edit some parts of the contract.

As they found out Soon Shin didn’t get swindled this time, the sisters decided to support her and keep it secret to their mother.

Source: Newsen

cr: koreandrama.com

Guest violet9004

i really have a bad day in work today :( never had a chance to open this thread and after a long day i open it wishing for a news title JJS/IU confirm dating or JJS/IU caught having a late night date but i got JJS selca with other woman :(( :(( well not like he tweet that :)) but still i want JoU moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne-Hathaway-It-Isnt-Fair-In-Love-Other

GIVE ME JoU MOMENT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babyviolets said: OMG @Fidelity thank you so much for the translation!!!

Anyway, the lyrics and the added nagoya interview validated my theory about the conceptualisation of the song. IU didn't write this song for her to sing alone in the drama. It was meant to be a duet. How can she sing this as a duet with jjs in the drama if she was supposed to have written this for her love recipe role? I sense somebody's making up excuses here! Kekeke

Also, if you write a song for someone, a lot of things are to be considered like range, singing style, interpretation, and it will require you to think of that person A LOT. For her to do this of her own free will is already very telling. Plus, looking at the lyrics, you will find a few highly suspicious points:

I conspicuously look at you who is looking down at me
Can you feel my heart that is looking up at you?
The world's most perfect height difference -

-didn't she say in her fancafe how jjs/jh's height is just perfect for her?
and we've all seen at how she looks at him . keke

Do you know - when we're holding hands and walking, we're aligned and synced?
The footprints we leave behind with our two legs walking,
Make me feel so satisfied and complete.

This 2nd verse to me feels more appropriate to be sung by a guy than a girl, and it also seems more like a reply, than a continuation of the 1st verse, which as I've said earlier, showed her intention to have this song sung as a duet.

finally the names mentioned at the end doesn't have any reference to their characters in the show, so it validates the idea that she wrote it with their own personalities in mind, and not that of their characters (maybe winnie the pooh is a cartoon they both love, thus they sung Christopher robin in harmony?). This could also be the reason why the show didn't include this song into their ost, because the song premise seem different and out of place.

More than that, the last lines showed just how much they've shared with one another, plus it tells us about the length of their conversations. After all, you don't just suddenly jump up to a person and ask them "ei, what's your fave movie?"(keke), so I don't think it would be something that will be brought up in between shooting breaks, especially since they would have work and other pertinent things to talk about first.these type of topics come up when you're on the phone with someone and you don't want to hang up...or when you're alone with someone and you want the moment to last longer...they have probably talked about singing and guitar and songwriting too! Kyaaaaa

So, based on these my proposed timeline is as follows:
- iu and jjs make heart to heart talk
-iu write song
-propose song to jjs, jjs agreed to sing it
-they proposed to use song in show, but pds refuse
-jjs offered to still record song with her (coz you know, they're both so free and its not like they have anything better to do)
-they have alone time to "practice"
-finally record it and decided to upload in soundcloud for free
-wait (still waiting) to see audience reaction to know if its safe for them to come out and admit their relationship! Kekeke

what do you guys think? Keke

I'm watching another kdrama, just to make myself moved on with YTBLSS, I loved the actor and actress in this new kdrama, The OTP's okey, I can see and feel their connection, but still nothing beats our JoU, their chemistry is daebak! I enjoyed this drama and had fun watching it, and also it warms my heart  as I watch every episode. it's like a puzzle that you need to solve, rescuing people from danger, helping those who needs help, but it's a bit scary if your not a fanatic of these kind of genre. If only reality is like this, that in every case, problems, the solution is there and solve it right away, the world will be in peace :) but after the fun watching it, still I'm going back again to YTBLSS and remembering our dear OTP, and I feel empty again and feels like I'm doing a big crime of watching this drama lol! feels like i'm cheating :( ottokeee?

meahri66 said:

@babyviolets

I've been backtracking the last couple of days, and I came across your original conclusions regarding "Beautiful Song". By the way, I meant to mention soon after you wrote it that I liked and thought all the points you listed made sense. Anyway, bringing it back up because out of all the clues we've gathered, I think Beautiful Song is actually our 'smoking gun' - conclusive evidence (well, perhaps not conclusive, but pretty damn close) that JoU is real.

In addition to all the points you brought up, the big question for me was why add the personalization at all to the end of the song, if the song was originally meant to be sung by SS's character in Love Recipe? That's the initial explanation given for why the song was written.

And the inspiration for the song? I've wondered a lot about its genesis, and wondered if she were thinking of JH and SS, or perhaps thinking about someone else. No matter what, I don't think it's the latter...that she had someone else on her mind. If she did, she wouldn't have added the personalization at the end pertaining to herself and JJS. That type of free association isn't something a writer will typically do, nor is it something that women, in general, would do if they like someone. They wouldn't write about someone they liked, and then insert someone else's name, even as a smokescreen, because it would be contrary to their feelings.

And let's not forget, songs are like stories -- they have a plot, characters, a beginning and end. Since IU chose to close Beautiful Song by inserting a little bit of herself and JJS, we can perhaps conclude that she may have been thinking of both of them when writing the main body of the song. And if she were instead, actually thinking of the JH and SS characters, she still ended the song/or story with the mention of IU and JJS. Either way, it's very telling.

airbening said:Wah..this thread moved so fast.. i'm catching up rite now...using 3 tabs method like before th_25.gif
For YTBLSS award...
First, I wanna ask..for nominations, do you have any suggestion apart from the before categories??
I forgot about other suggestion coz IDK what page is...
and for the nominee for each categories..
mmh..what about everyone give suggestion ... not for all categories..just, if you want to put your nominees into categories.. i will pick 5 nominees for each categories and post it.
so, the votings can be opened soon.
here the recent nominations
1.   Best Kiss Scene
2.   Best Hug Scene
3.   Best Drinking Scene
4.   Best Crying Scene

5.   Best Cute Moment
6.   Bad Hair On Screen
7.   Most Humiliated Scene
8.   Most Painful Scene

9.   Best Villain
10. Fashion Terrorist
11. Best Supporting Actor
12. Best Supporting Actress
13. Best Couple
14. Most Developing Character
15. Best "Caught in Moment" Scene
16. Best Cameo
17. Best Mother
18.  ....
This is just an example..

for the bold categories..if you wanna suggestion nominees..tells what eps..so, i can easy to find the picture..
the suggestion open until 2 sept.
and 3 sept, i will post the fixed nominees.
this is just an example..
Most_Painful_Scene.jpg

You can vote after all the nominees fix, next week.

Archived