[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meahri66 said: @babyviolets

I've been backtracking the last couple of days, and I came across your original conclusions regarding "Beautiful Song". By the way, I meant to mention soon after you wrote it that I liked and thought all the points you listed made sense. Anyway, bringing it back up because out of all the clues we've gathered, I think Beautiful Song is actually our 'smoking gun' - conclusive evidence (well, perhaps not conclusive, but pretty damn close) that JoU is real.

In addition to all the points you brought up, the big question for me was why add the personalization at all to the end of the song, if the song was originally meant to be sung by SS's character in Love Recipe? That's the initial explanation given for why the song was written.

And the inspiration for the song? I've wondered a lot about its genesis, and wondered if she were thinking of JH and SS, or perhaps thinking about someone else. No matter what, I don't think it's the latter...that she had someone else on her mind. If she did, she wouldn't have added the personalization at the end pertaining to herself and JJS. That type of free association isn't something a writer will typically do, nor is it something that women, in general, would do if they like someone. They wouldn't write about someone they liked, and then insert someone else's name, even as a smokescreen, because it would be contrary to their feelings.

And let's not forget, songs are like stories -- they have a plot, characters, a beginning and end. Since IU chose to close Beautiful Song by inserting a little bit of herself and JJS, we can perhaps conclude that she may have been thinking of both of them when writing the main body of the song. And if she were instead, actually thinking of the JH and SS characters, she still ended the song/or story with the mention of IU and JJS. Either way, it's very telling.

@meahri66
You are absolutely right. I've been writing poetry for thirteen years now and while poetry and song writing are a little bit different... the concept is almost the same - both can be written by taking life experiences or emotions and turning it subtle, vague, and lyrical. Poets never write while thinking about someone and then tack another name or mesh two different people together in the same work.

It is true that perhaps IU started writing with JH and SS in mind, as the height difference, the opening of the song, can be applied to the characters... but towards the end, it is apparent that she was writing about JJS as the "Gerry, Holly, Jesse, Celine, and Christopher Robin" applies more to him than it does to their character roles - which would mean the height difference would, in turn, be applied towards JJS and IU. It would be highly unlikely that she would mesh JH and JJS into one person as... well, they technically aren't.

If JH and SS were who she had been thinking about, it would have been more appropriate as a poet/lyricist to end it with something significant to the characters. P.S. I Love You and the Before series don't offer that significance to the characters, but it does to JoU. That's why it's been my conclusion since the translation came out, thanks to our dear Fidelity, that IU penned the song while thinking about JJS.

@airbening Here I took the screencap off of the episodes you asked just now [BTW, since this is fashion terrorist, YH HAS to be in there right? Here, idk if you saw it, but I took all the photos of YH's outfits from Ep 1 to 50. ALL OF THEM lol. Look at all the outfits here: Part 1 and Part 2. You can choose an episode, and ask me for the original pictures/screencaps, because I still have them, LOL]:

xf2l.jpg
55cz.jpg
xbze.jpg
q8de.jpg

Guest oceangreen

edensor said:

Best Kiss Scene :First Kiss (Park kiss)Dating KissCar Kiss

Best HugHeart Broken hug................... (why I forgot all the hug moment and only remember that... )

2 Audition hugs (first one JH hugging SS, and then SS launching herself at him)JH hugs SS after she tells him offHug after first kissHug in SS room before being interrupted by JA

Hug after SS confronted MR at the beach

Accidental hug at the park when JH pulled SS to avoid her being hit by a passing bike

Hug (with earlobe nibbling ;) ) when JH found her sitting alone after frantically looking for her

The famous hug in bed at wando

Hmm... They really did lots of hugs for a family drama, didn't they...

naebdukki101 said:

edensor

said:[size=2]What to answer??XDDD There is no questions there 

5ff0.gif

[/size]About the people... I don't know... I'm still here tho... [size=2]In the earlier post of course everything will still stiff cause we haven't know each other yet.[/size]

But if you notice... try to open page 7. My first post byeontae ever LOL

I think the ice break when Ahoxan start that fake article about KSW will be the cameo as Soon Shin's half brother 

55m.gif

But what you say the 'earlier' post is only about 100 pages. Did you know what pages it is now??

5ff0.gif5ff0.gif

Ayame said: @airbening Here I took the screencap off of the episodes you asked just now [BTW, since this is fashion terrorist, YH HAS to be in there right? Here, idk if you saw it, but I took all the photos of YH's outfits from Ep 1 to 50. ALL OF THEM lol. Look at all the outfits here: Part 1 and Part 2. You can choose an episode, and ask me for the original pictures/screencaps, because I still have them, LOL]:

Guest oceangreen

meahri66 said:

edensor said:

Best Kiss Scene :First Kiss (Park kiss)Dating KissCuar Kiss

Best HugHeart Broken hug................... (why I forgot all the hug moment and only remember that... )

2 Audition hugs (first one JH hugging SS, and then SS launching herself at him)JH hugs SS after she tells him offHug after first kissHug in SS room before being interrupted by JA

Ahh... right!!There will go my vote...

@airbening sorry haven't make a screencaps yet. Have to find it. But lets see the fixed nominee first.

@edensor did you intentionally erase their hug scenes with most skinships from your memory? No matter what JJS did touched IU soooo many times you know... :-\" ;)

naebdukki101 said:

edensor said:What to answer??XDDD There is no questions there About the people... I don't know... I'm still here tho... In the earlier post of course everything will still stiff cause we haven't know each other yet. But if you notice... try to open page 7. My first post byeontae ever LOLI think the ice break when Ahoxan start that fake article about KSW will be the cameo as Soon Shin's half brother But what you say the 'earlier' post is only about 100 pages. Did you know what pages it is now??

finally the confession of the founder of the byeontae societycongratz to Grandma Eden 

LOLWhats to congrate YukiXDDDDOnly 3 members understand what I said maybe. So I'm save :))Byeontae stops because don't have any friends back then LOL

i'm on bed already but itching to check on soompi before dozing off

i read your reply...and i say i have to reply to you

SO....you must delighted you bump at me, geuuchiii....

you were waiting for another byeontae...just when i posted about naebdukki kiss, you were super excited

and, when JJS & IU's lips finally meet up...you went gaga & googoo ....then cried my IU...my IU

aigooo....Eden..Eden...

noww...i'm really going to sleep

btw, why are you still up at this hour

Guest oceangreen

oceangreen said:

meahri66 wrote: »

edensor said:

Best Kiss Scene :First Kiss (Park kiss)Dating KissCar Kiss

Hug after SS confronted MR at the beach

Accidental hug at the park when JH pulled SS to avoid her being hit by a passing bike

Hug (with earlobe nibbling ) when JH found her sitting alone after frantically looking for her

The famous hug in bed at wando

Hmm... They really did lots of hugs for a family drama, didn't they...

@oceangreenGreat memory! That totally changes the count we had done previously. I'm going to have to recalculate the number we had before.  @Edensor had also asked for a count of all the hand-holding, which I'm working on right now too.

All of their holding hands? On and off screen? Easy... Infinite!

naebdukki101 said:
i'm on bed already but itching to check on soompi before dozing off
i read your reply...and i say i have to reply to you

SO....you must delighted you bump at me, geuuchiii....
you were waiting for another byeontae...just when i posted about naebdukki kiss, you were super excited
and, when JJS & IU's lips finally meet up...you went gaga & googoo ....then cried my IU...my IU
aigooo....Eden..Eden...

noww...i'm really going to sleep
btw, why are you still up at this hour

Archived