[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

Guest Morwena

@lmangla: There might be no time for love, but somewhere, sometime, somehow, love gets tangled with money and power. The history of mankind is full of such examples. Just look at the french ancient regime, for example: it was of no importance how powerful or rich their kings were, they were always powerless in front of the royal mistresses. People did stupid things because of love and for love.
 IOM may not be a romance, but it makes no exception. After all, love made Jae In change, not money. As Cha Don said, she was already rich enough, there was no need for her to take over YSCU. Angelina also did almost everything out of love. Cha Don is looking to revenge his family, not to get even richer. Even Madam Bok, she chooses Cha Don because she cares for him, otherwise she would have chosen Hyuk, who is, at this time, a better financial solution. Even Ji Hoo , deep down in her soul, knows that all she does is to impress Se Kwang. Regarding Se Kwang, at first he also wanted to get revenge because of his father. The fact that later on he got corrupted by power is something else, but his first act was also because of filial love. Now, Reporter Go and Prosecutor Gwon might do this only to get richer and more powerful, but for the others, love is their main drive.   

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@morwena -- its true that people have through the ages and continue to do to this day stupid things in the name of love. even crimes of heinous travesty are done in the name of love. but within the context of IOM, i wonder if the writer is leaning towards the thought that love too is a commodity like money. people love but it is a kind of a double edged sword -- can harm you and be used against you as well and therefore, a kind of weakness; Se Kwang does not love anyone except himself and therefore less vulnerable to that kind of threat...

THE ABS OF DO JI HAN (also known as Kwon Hyuk of IOM)
and a short recap of Ep. 16 (slow connection)

Since he is in the spotlight right now as Bok Jae In's prospective suitor, allow me to share this picture with you. credit: nate

6583_502500746473634_3239000_n.png

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

p.s. I always have a slow connection every Sunday, so I only saw glimpses of the drama. There was a confrontation between Angelina and Jae In inside the board room. One scene showed a flashback of Angelina and Lawyer Hwang having a heated argument at a restaurant. The next scene takes us to the construction site where Angelina is being approached by Lawyer Hwang. They are at the top floor near the edge of the building that was being constructed. Lawyer Hwang accidentally falls down to the
ground. Next, we see Angelina inside the interrogation room talking to Se Kwang while
the Chief Prosecutor Kwon watches through a one way mirror. The cliffhanger, Lee Cha Don sends messages again to Se Kwang.

"Incarnation of Money" Hwang Jung Eum Begins Her Plot to Make Kang Ji Hwan Jealous
by Staff Writer Mar 24, 2013

526862_504401039596112_1065343614_n.jpg

"Incarnation of Money" Hwang Jung Eum tries to purposely make Kang Ji Hwan jealous with her secret plan.

An episode of the SBS weekend drama "Incarnation of Money" that aired March 23 featured the relationship between Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) and Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) becoming more complicated.

This episode shows Hwa Sool (Kim Soo Mi) forcing Jae In to meet Hyuk (Do Ji Han). Jae In invites Hyuk to her own restaurant to meet. Even though she is not fond of Hyuk and does not want to see him, she pretends to be having a wonderful time after seeing Cha Don.
credit: kdramastars
source:
Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

"Incarnation of Money" Lee Ki Young Falls into Kang Ji Hwan's Trap
by Staff Writer Mar 24, 2013

402606_502528839804158_1313337138_n.jpg

"Incarnation of Money" Lee Ki Young begins to suspect Park Sang Min after falling into Kang Ji Hwan's trap.

March 23, the 15th episode of the SBS drama "Incarnation of Money" featured Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) creating a plan to break up Ji Se Kwang's (Park Sang Min) party.

Lee Cha Don keeps his cool when Ji Se Kwang and his party are surprised by his appearance at a welcoming event.

Ji Se Kwang says, "I hate it when unwelcomed guests show up at our events like this." Lee Cha Don replies, "How rude. I only came by to tell Mr. Oh some really great news. He seemed to find me pleasant."

credit: kdramastars
source:
: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

lmangla said: BTW -- I am really enjoying the dialogues in this drama.
Some of my favorites lines (not exact quotes but from what i remember):
that corrupt politician in the earlier episodes -- even baby crocodiles bite...
Hyuk's daddy -- there is no eternal handshake
Madame Bok -- there is no such thing as good money or bad money; money is money even if you snot on it...

any others, my fellow viewers?

After watching yesterdays episode with subs I understand a lot better, but it also confirmed my belief that SK was doing this revenge on his own and had nothing to do with his father. We see his father telling him that the chairman did nothing wrong to him and that he was in prison of his own volition. He also told him he did it so that he would have an opportunity in life that he would otherwise not have. His father told him if you have to blame someone blame him not the chairman. So for me what he did was not about revenge but for the same reason's the others went along with it. It was about money and the power money would bring him. He fools himself into believing he is different and that he is about justice. But look what he tried to do to CD and JH murder case just so he could win his case and make a name for himself.  Nope he is just as corrupt as the others and when CD show him up for what he really is that's how he will be destroyed. After today's I guess that there is no question that Angelina is the killer. I like CD character a lot, he is getting his revenge but he is doing it by using them against each other. SK down fall will be his temper and his belief that he is smarter than everyone else. I was thinking the reporter would be next but now I'm not so sure. If CD can't break JG and SK apart it will be harder to leave them to last. So he should go after JG next. In his shoes SK has got to be the worst culprit because he was the mastermind and the one to kill his father. He is also the only one fooling himself into believing he is some beacon of justice.

Incarnation of Money Hwang Jung Eum's Highlighter fashion signals the onset of spring
translated by pechumori   3/23/13

481123_501842116539497_1070290328_n.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum's Highlighter fashion captivated the attention of the netizens. In the recently aired episode of the SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money", Hwang Jung Eum wore fluorescent shoes that announced the start of spring. Greatly hurt by Lee Cha Don's (Kang Ji Hwan) betrayal, Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) got drunk and tearfully confessed her love. The simple black trench coat and denim shirt together with neon colored shoes was a drastic style. Hwang Jung Eum wore the Limited Edition Rachel Cox designer shoes,

reference: ajunews via nate

pechumori said: Incarnation of Money Hwang Jung Eum's Highlighter fashion signals the onset of spring
translated by pechumori   3/23/13

481123_501842116539497_1070290328_n.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum's Highlighter fashion captivated the attention of the netizens. In the recently aired episode of the SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money", Hwang Jung Eum wore fluorescent shoes that announced the start of spring. Greatly hurt by Lee Cha Don's (Kang Ji Hwan) betrayal, Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) got drunk and tearfully confessed her love. The simple black trench coat and denim shirt together with neon colored shoes was a drastic style. Hwang Jung Eum wore the Limited Edition Rachel Cox designer shoes,

reference: ajunews via nate

i really don't like the style of JI : Angelina and the secretary have a wonderful clothes than her , im so scary for CD next time , i don't think the writer will make him like a superman who will wins,everytime because all the story is realistic and logic , im scary especially from JI and her reaction towards CD when she will the manager of the bank , God bless you CD for your revenge plot  ;;) and im curious about the identity of the father of JI ( i feel that madam Bok has a secret about that )... we will see 

Archived