[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

'Incarnation' money, earned the highest rating at 16.4%
translated by pechumori    2013-03-24

577593_504297689606447_1265443861_n.jpg

SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of money" gained its highest rating since it started. According to the audience measurement company Nielsen Korea, the 15th episode of "Incarnation' of Money" recorded 16.4% viewership. AS compared to the 14th episode which was shown last week which had a 15.3 % rating, there was a 1.1 % increase in its viewership. The rating last night was the highest rating attained by "Incarnation of Money"

Here's the list of the ratings per episode of IOM

Episode 1 - 9,7%
Episode 2 - 9.2%
Episode 3 - 10.2%
Episode 4 - 10.6%
Episode 5 - 14.5%
Episode 6 - 13.1%
Episode 7 - 13.4%
Episode 8 - 13.3%
Episode 9 - 12.2%
Episode 10- 11.4%
Episode 11- 12.4%
Episode 12- 15.1%
Episode 13- 14.5%
Episode 14- 15.3%
Episode 15- 16.4%

reference: Choi Joonyong reporter cjy via naver and
enter@xprotsnews/nate
photo credit: DC Kissgall

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pechumori said:
I will put a title on top of the post to indicate what I have featured. I will then put the pictures, videos or articles that are not IOM related into Spoiler. You will then have an idea whether or not you would be interested to check out the post and it would save the loading time. Is that okay with everybody?

Currently watching episode 15.

The traitagon is planning to frame Lee Kang Seok/Lee Cha Don as the murderer of Hwang Jang Shik by using Kang Seok blood and putting it in the scarf of HJS. Se Kwang is really evil. Grr.. Luckily our hero is a genius and was able to figure out the plan of SK.

Can't wait for episode 16.
*I'm trying to post this inside the spoiler but I'm wondering why the spoiler tag is not working. :(

Guest doanlan

nobuyukijohnson said:
IBELIS said: shondrea2 said: This maybe a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. I've seen in another drama where there was mention of a black box recording in a car does the newer american cars have those but is called something else ? Some how I don't think CD

;)) it's really interesting to see CD and SG compete their inteligence , although i would throw a stone if CD lost even a step from SG, btw the 2 mother is this series are really amazing, first CD's mother, she was the one attracted me to watch this drama in the first place, then JI' mother, haha she's really superb >:)

Guest Morwena

Right now, I kinda' feel sorry for Angelina. Even though she is shallow, sometimes rude, manipulative and greedy, in the end she is nothing but a really lonely woman. She has nobody to count on, nobody who cares for her. She somehow reminds me of Eliza Doolittle from Pygmalion. Just as Professor Higgins saw Eliza like nothing more than his creation, Se Kwang sees Angelina not like his lover, not like a woman, but like a "business partner", a source of money and someone who knows his wrong doings. I can't deny what she did to Cha Don's father. That was only for her personal benefit. But after she met Se Kwang, everything she did had the sole purpose of proving herself to him. Jae In was in the same situation, due to her unrequited love for Cha Don she lost weight and started a business. Just as @Orion: once mentioned, they are both that type of woman perfectly defined by Newton's third law of emotion: For every male action there is a female overreaction. But while Jae In discovered that she has a backbone and now she starts putting herself first, Angelina just sinks deeper and deeper, and that is really a shame.

Someone mentioned Angelina does not look like a murderer. I beg to differ. She is far worse than the rest.
The rest don't realize they don't have the right to toy with people's lives. They have no conscience at all.

She does. She clearly felt guilty when some of the worst things happened to Kang Seok and his family. She knows they are all evil and chooses to ignore it. Which makes her worse. It also means she views the rest of them as scum, which they are, so she would have absolutely no issue with getting rid of one of them if they got in her way. I do love what Cha Don is doing to her. She deserves every bit of it. As bad as Se Gwang is, he is not aware that he is doing something wrong. In his mind, he's the hero. Angelina is more evil, because she is wicked with awareness.

@morwena -- I agree with ya. Even I was feeling kinda sorry for Angelina. To go to extremes for a guy who won't even acknowledge you in public as his romantic partner.

I love Madame Bok. Wasn't she so cute when she says that she likes CD as much as JI and is doing all this to push them both together... I guess if she couldn't have CD as a son, then a son-in-law is the next logical step! :) CD was so funny while trying to pretend that he is not jealous -- love the reactions of the manager and secretary when Uncle Pal drops the news;

Guest Morwena

@lmangla: I sure know what you mean, this episode had so many sweet and funny moments. :) 
One of my favorite characters from last night's episode was Hyuk, he was so so sweet, and scared...and completely lost. A gif. with his expression while Jae In was touching him would be priceless. Even though I want her to end up with Cha Don, I must admit that these two are a really cute couple. But I still can't figure it out whether Hyuk actually likes Jae In or he is just following his father's orders. 

@morwena -- in the disagreement with his dad, it sounded like Hyuk has done everything his father ever ordered whether he liked it or not. So he probably never/hardly dated since it would have interfered with his work and daddy's plans for his life... As his daddy said, it does not matter if he likes her or not, he can always divorce her later.. But agree with ya, he was embarrassingly and adorably awkward... love his expressions through out the dinner conversation.. he seriously is no casanova...

For Jae In and Madame Bok, dating Hyuk is simply a step in getting a seat in the Yellow Sea Credit Union. Don't believe that either of these two ladies have any intention of carrying it further than that.. For both, Cha Don is their choice.. Kind of cool to see a drama where there is no parental/child conflict on choice of partner....

Guest Morwena

@lmangla: I agree with you, these were also my thoughts, but there is like a little devil inside my head that does not let me enjoy this drama the way I should be enjoying it, instead it makes me ask myself all sort of stupid questions like, for example, where the hell are all the love triangles gone?   :)) At first I thought that it will be something like Jae In-Cha Don-Ji Hoo. No? Ji Hoo likes Se Kwang and Cha Don starts liking Jae In? Ok, moving on. What about Cha Don-Jae In-Se Kwang? No way, Se Kwang only likes himself. Wrong, again. Then, my final and last resort, maybe Cha Don-Jae In-Hyuk? Please?  ;;)It's just that I'm so used to love triangles and the leads to have more than one love interest and this drama is crushing all my romantic schemes.  :))  Not that I would mind, I love it when couples play hard to ship... :)

@morwena -- i didnt finish giant nor did i watch history of salaryman but from what i gather, this team is not high on romance quotient.. I kept thinking that Jae In is supposed to be a major character but so far the screen time is so less -- even Madame Bok, Uncle Pal, Manager Yang, Secretary have more screen time then her. This drama has a very strong theme -- money, how money can corrupt and revenge. As Cha Don says sadly to a drunk Jae In, there is no room for romance at this stage!!

BTW -- I am really enjoying the dialogues in this drama.
Some of my favorites lines (not exact quotes but from what i remember):
that corrupt politician in the earlier episodes -- even baby crocodiles bite...
Hyuk's daddy -- there is no eternal handshake
Madame Bok -- there is no such thing as good money or bad money; money is money even if you snot on it...

any others, my fellow viewers?

Guest doanlan

Morwena said: @lmangla: I agree with you, these were also my thoughts, but there is like a little devil inside my head that does not let me enjoy this drama the way I should be enjoying it, instead it makes me ask myself all sort of stupid questions like, for example, where the hell are all the love triangles gone?   :)) At first I thought that it will be something like Jae In-Cha Don-Ji Hoo. No? Ji Hoo likes Se Kwang and Cha Don starts liking Jae In? Ok, moving on. What about Cha Don-Jae In-Se Kwang? No way, Se Kwang only likes himself. Wrong, again. Then, my final and last resort, maybe Cha Don-Jae In-Hyuk? Please?  ;;)It's just that I'm so used to love triangles and the leads to have more than one love interest and this drama is crushing all my romantic schemes.  :))  Not that I would mind, I love it when couples play hard to ship... :)

Archived