[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

2PM's Junho feat. Taecyeon, '7 grade civil servants' OST participation, supporting for chansung

tumblr_mh1ygy3F4E1qc01goo1_500.jpg

2PM’s Junho and Taecyeon have come together to support their fellow member, Chansung.

Taecyeon and Junho recently finished recording for the OST for the MBC drama series, 7th Grade Civil Servant.

Sung by Junho and featuring Taecyeon, The Road to You is described as a fun song which will reflect the feisty

and bickering relationship between the drama’s main characters, Han Gil Ro (Joowon) and Kim Seo Won (Choi Kang Hee),

as it slowly blossoms into romance. While both Junho and Taecyeon have taken part in OSTs for dramas,

this time the two came together to support friend and fellow

member Chansung, who is also appearing in 7th Grade Civil Servant.

@enewsworld

EXCITED <33 Junho's voice is so beautiful <333 and Taec's rap <3
it'll be realeased today

:x

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Everyone, sorry, cannot tag all of you, but welcome back to some of you and thanks for all of your contribution! Hope you guys enjoy episode 1. :) Please check out post 1 for text preview and stuffs like that. I think I'm going to add a column for English text translations for episode previews as well as video previews. I'm not sure how much it will take up space for post 1. I'll ask mrdimples for help with post 2 and/or if we can transfer something to post 2 if post 1 take too much space. Sorry for the lack of pictures for post 1. I'm gonna try to look through pics now and change post 1 soon. ^_^

If you know of any recap site for our drama, will you please post it and I'll add to post 1. So far I added Softy's website for recaps. Softy had always been faithful in recapping Joo Won's drama. So you can count on going to her site for English recap of the episodes although sometimes it may not be live recap.

@nonski, thanks so much...I totally forgot about that. I will add Softy's site for English recaps. :) I am so glad Softy decides to recap 7th Level Civil Servant. I hope she will do it live, but we will see because last time with Bridal Mask, she only did couple of last episodes?

@Aera, I love your gifs! May I please use some of your gifs for post 1? I'm so happy you even put your name on the gif too. :D

@septmoon16, may I please use your artworks, too if you ever post them? Welcome back!

@NEWMARIO, although I haven't seen you write much, but thanks so much for posting a lot of stuffs for us!

sunshine4ever said: Everyone, sorry, cannot tag all of you, but welcome back to some of you and thanks for all of your contribution! Hope you guys enjoy episode 1. :) Please check out post 1 for text preview and stuffs like that. I think I'm going to add a column for English text translations for episode previews as well as video previews. I'm not sure how much it will take up space for post 1. I'll ask mrdimples for help with post 2 and/or if we can transfer something to post 2 if post 1 take too much space. Sorry for the lack of pictures for post 1. I'm gonna try to look through pics now and change post 1 soon. ^_^

If you know of any recap site for our drama, will you please post it and I'll add to post 1. So far I added Softy's website for recaps. Softy had always been faithful in recapping Joo Won's drama. So you can count on going to her site for English recap of the episodes although sometimes it may not be live recap.

@nonski, thanks so much...I totally forgot about that. I will add Softy's site for English recaps. :) I am so glad Softy decides to recap 7th Level Civil Servant. I hope she will do it live, but we will see because last time with Bridal Mask, she only did couple of last episodes?

@Aera, I love your gifs! May I please use some of your gifs for post 1? I'm so happy you even put your name on the gif too. :D

@septmoon16, may I please use your artworks, too if you ever post them? Welcome back!

@NEWMARIO, although I haven't seen you write much, but thanks so much for posting a lot of stuffs for us!

sure see you later G @GaeinaLee
@sunshine4ever  thanks too and let's hope she'll update it live.  but no worries cuz she posts it right after the episode airs.  and with JW now as the star, look forward to a dynamic discussion at Softy's during live streaming.  also, i think chingzy will stream L7CS tonight, if i saw it correctly, it was on the schedule at the bottom portion.

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, I have to go. Please check out post 1 because I updated it with stuffs. I'm opened to any ideas/suggestions including pictures. I may have to change pics later. Sorry. :( It's a bit overwhelmed. Haha. I was crazy for Missing You so I had been leaving this thread quiet until now. Don't worry though because Missing You is over, so I'll have more time for this thread. ^_^  You can check out post 1 because I will update it from times to times and I probably won't make that much of announcement.

I have been changing the thread's title like crazy. I'm not sure if it's okay to do that because every time I do the thread title gets changed. Does that make our thread crazy if we want to link people to our thread from other sources? If it is, I think once this drama starts tomorrow I will edit one last time for the title and then it will stay permanently without changing that way if you want to advertise our forum to other people the thread remains the same. What do you think? Or do you don't really care and you prefer update via the thread's title?

Any inputs, guys?

Some of you may have known too that I do have responsibilities and/or I do help out managing That Winter The Wind Blows. It will air soon also, but I hope you know that if I don't post that doesn't mean I abandon this thread. Please feel free to pm me anything if you need me to do anything for post 1.  If there is linkage problem, please do let me know and I'll fix them. Thanks so much. <3

Also I am not sure if I will watch this live tomorrow, but here is the site to Chingzy's site, Chingzy let us watched Missing You while other sites were really not working for us. I hope that she will air this drama because her site provide really good quality video. So you can try to check it out at 9:55 pm KST if you are watching this live if the other websites don't work. Have a blessed, awesome time tomorrow watching episode 1. (Today for some of you, tomorrow for me :D)

http://www.justin.tv/chingzy#/w/4355384432

Sorry, Chansung's character is not provided yet in post 1 like Joo Won & Choi Kang Hee yet, but I added the description in post 1. It will stay like this until I have time to put in text.

wso7di.jpg
[CHARACTER DESCRIPTION] Chansung as Gong Doha on Level 7 Civil Servant

“Among the many new agents, the one and only agent recruited through special employment.”
To live and die at one’s own country.
An agent from the National Intelligence Service whose love is only meant for his country and not women.
He applied for NIS with the intention to serve his country and passed through with his background as a soldier from the special forces.
Despite the fact that he personally thinks he’s the strongest agent out there, he’s not given any special treatment by anybody at NIS thus hurting his pride.
Though he looks down on the other agents who doesn’t even carry a strong patriotism and eager comradeship, Seowon (Choi Kang Hee’s character) was different.
He somehow felt attached to her and felt like he should do something for her, as if he should protect her.

Translated by bbiyak25 @ Wild2Day.org

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If so, let me know and I will edit it :)
7th Level Civil Servant to air - all eyes on Choi Kang Hee and Joo Won 
7g1_zps9e5eeeb2.jpg
The Korean drama industry has recently seen the burgeoning trend of noona-dongsaeng relationships. Even with the age difference going up to 10 years between the drama leads, there is still no sense of violation. MBC TV drama serial The Moon That Embraces The Sun proved this earlier on, with Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun sharing great chemistry between them. A similar situation has also come up now between Choi Kang Hee and Joo won, both of whom are the lead actors of 7th Level Civil Servant. They will be receiving the noona-dongsaeng baton in this modern rom-com. All eyes will be on this pair to see if they can successfully capture the hearts of the audience. 
Joo Won's ability to overcome extreme situations and his abundant energy have together been touted by the drama production team to be a ratings guarantee. 
In KBS 2TV's Baker King Kim Tak Gu, Ojakyo Brothers and Gaksital, Joo Won has managed to continue writing his legend as the ratings man. Whether he is acting as a bad guy or a good guy, whether it is a modern drama or a period drama, whether it is a rom-com or an action show, Joo Won manages to easily summon up a shocking amount of energy, thus becoming the most anticipated actor among the group of 20 plus year old actors. 
An actor requires not only his own talent but even more than that, he also needs good luck. However, one would be hard-pressed to say that an actor can create a legend as a ratings guarantee depending purely on lucky alone. To put it differently, an actor's ability to pick the right project is also unusually important. Looking at things from this angle, for a project to be picked up but ratings genius Joo Won also means that Joo Won had put in a lot of effort in picking 7th Level Civil Servant as his next project. Besides this, Joo Won's ability to immerse himself in his character is also another "guarantee". Even if the drama doesn't become overwhelmingly popular, it will at least still be popular. 
Joo Won has said at the press conference: "I will also experience ratings pressure, but I've always paid a lot of attention to picking scripts. Only when the script is good and the team of actors are able to work with good chemistry and harmoniously, then will I pick that script." This shows that Joo Won has full confidence in 7th Level's entire drama team and the fans are waiting with expectant hearts to see what new sides to himself he will show. 
Source: Korea Star DailyChinese Translations: 女王肉中刺hxx @ Joo Won Baidu TiebaEnglish Translations: mojobobo @ Soompi Forums 
Sorry for the clumsy translation T.T

One more article...

7th Level Civil Servant to air - all eyes on Choi Kang Hee and Joo Won 
7g2_zps1b9e989b.jpg
Choi Kang Hee, who possesses both a baby face as well as the charms of a veteran actress, has since 2000 proved her credibility as an actress in various rom-coms such as Red Bean Bread, My Sweet City, Our Attitude in Breaking Up. In the 2011 SBS TV drama Protect The Boss, Choi Kang Hee's natural portrayal of an easy going girl who had difficultly finding employment won the approval of the audience, with them relating to her character and feeling as if she was really the girl next door.    
Aside from this, her undefeated baby face and cute and boisterous image are Choi Kang Hee's "assests". The audience endearingly called her "Kang jjang". Choi Kang Hee is a "rare" 20 year old actress who is able to grasp well waht ever it is required of her, no matter whether it is a flying kick that only happens in mahwas [comics] or changing the tonal quality of her voice for the role. 
In the trailer for her new drama, Choi Kang Hee again shows us an image we are all familiar with. Kim Seo Won is a 20 plus year old girl who who joins the National Intelligence Agency exam in order to repay her study loans. The image of her wearing training clothes and running all over the country to do odd jobs realistically portrays the emotional state of today's young working adults who face similar situations. 
The battle between the two youngsters who are fighting it out with each other in order to receive recognition is formally commencing.
At the press conference, Choi Kang Hee and her junior Joo Won's close interactions have allowed those who once laughed at the pair for being an "Aunt-nephew" pair to ease their minds. Joo Won sweetly addressed Choi Kang Hee as Noona while Choi Kang Hee was praising Joo Won unreservedly, saying that he was the drama team's energy source. 
What do these two actors have in common? They are both ratings people and possess experience and popularity. Both of them are also able to act out their action scenes and romantic scenes in a well balanced manner. The most important of all is that the two of them possess the quality of giving their all in their work. 
Despite the pain and suffering, these two actors are people who believe that as long as you give your all, you can change the current situation. This is only the beginning for these two actors.  
Source: Korea Star DailyChinese Translations: 女王肉中刺hxx @ Joo Won Baidu TiebaEnglish Translations: mojobobo @ Soompi Forums 
Sorry for the clumsy translation T.T

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"Joo Won and Choi Kang Hee pairing much anticipated in 'Level 7 Civil Servant'KpopFighting.comBy Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – 1 hour 29 minutes ago

• Joo Won and Choi Kang HeeView Photo

Joo Won and Choi Kang Hee

• Joo Won and Choi Kang HeeView Photo

Joo Won and Choi Kang Hee

The South Korean drama industry has seen a rising trend of older woman - younger man pairings, and there are no issues even if there is a 10 years age gap between them. MBC TV drama 'The Moon that Embraces the Sun' was one good example where the pairing of Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun worked wonders. A similar situation is about to happen in 'Level 7 Civil Servant' where Choi Kang Hee will pair up with Joo Won in another older woman -younger man pairing, and many have their eyes on them to see if they will be successful as well.

# Joo Won, taking his unlimited energy levels to the extreme

Joo Won has been labeled by drama executives as a box office guarantee. Through his KBS 2TV dramas 'Baker King, Kim Tak Goo', 'Ojakgyo Brothers', and 'Bridal Mask', Joo Won has seen high television ratings for them all regardless of whether he is acting as the villain or hero, or whether it's a modern or period drama, or whether it's a comedy or action thriller. He is able to freely utilize his astounding energy in his acting, and become a hotly anticipated actor that is still in his 20s.

Actors cannot only just rely on their acting talent to make it big as luck also plays a big part. But we cannot also deduce that you can just rely on luck to become a television rating magnet. So to put it in perspective, the ability of an actor to choose a suitable production for himself is ultra important. Thus judging from the present situation, Joo Won has definitely done his homework before deciding on appearing in 'Level 7 Civil Servant'. Television ratings might not be as good as promised, but Joo Won's name guarantees that the drama will still draw some eyeballs one way or another.

Joo Won stated at the drama's press conference, "There's some pressure on me definitely regarding the television ratings, but I have always placed great important on selecting scripts. I will only choose dramas that has a good script and have cast members who can work with good chemistry," showing his confidence in the script of 'Level 7 Civil Servant' and his strong trust in his fellow cast mates. Fans are thus strongly anticipating Joo Won's all-new performance through his new drama.

# Choi Kang Hee's ageless talent

Although Choi Kang Hee has a child-like appearance, she oozes bags of experience. With MBC TV dramas 'Sweet Buns' and 'Our Attitude to Prepare Parting', SBS TV 'My Sweet City', and other romantic comedy dramas in the last decade, Choi Kang Hee has showed her ability as the female lead role. In 2011 SBS TV 'Protect The Boss', Choi Kang Hee played an easy-going woman who had difficulty finding a job, and became someone that viewers can relate to, like a sister or older sister who lives next door.

In addition, her child-like appearance has allowed Choi Kang Hee to show her adorable and loud personality, and that is considered to be one of Kang Hee's greatest inheritance. She has been labeled by viewers as 'Kang Zzang', and regardless of whether she is launching a flying kick or her line deliveries, she is one of the rare actresses in her 30s who is able to do all of that in appropriate amounts.

In the newly released teaser, Choi Kang Hee has also displayed a side of her that's familiar to us by now. She plays the role of Seo Won who is in her 20s in the drama, and joins an interview session that is recruiting agents, as she desperately needs the money to pay off her student loans. With her big dole eyes and sporting outfits, the manner in which Choi Kang Hee head off to get jobs all over the place reminds young viewers of their actual predicament in the real world.

# The battle to gain recognition is just beginning for these 2 young adults

At the press conference, the close affection that Choi Kang Hee and Joo Woo showered on each other put paid to initial jokes cracked by the public that they resembled an auntie - nephew relationship more. Joo Won affectionately calls Choi Kang Hee 'nuna', while Choi Kang Hee lavished praise on Joo Won saying that he brings a lot of energy to the film set.

So what is the common ground between them both? They bring in high television ratings for comedies, possesses the experience and popularity, and are able to merge action and romance together into one setting effortlessly.

The most important thing here is that they are recognized by the public for the effort they put in. Their anguish and pain etched all over the faces are proof of their hard work, and bestows young men and women out there with hope that, if they work hard, success will come naturally.

Choi Kang Hee and Joo Won are about to get going.

source: Yahoo! Philippines OMG!  

-edit- oops! didn't see @mojobobo put up both. In any case, @mojobobo, see how good your translation is, can be professional translator, kekeke

@mrdimples, Aiyo, if I know yahoo had the translations I wouldn't have translated!!!! *Looks at my lousy translations and faints* 
Less than 4 hours to the premier! Who's excited? 
-Edit-
@mrdimples, HAHAH just saw your comments. Hmm be a translator ah? Alternative job in case current one doesn't work out. Let me think about it.....kekek

mojobobo said: @mrdimples, Aiyo, if I know yahoo had the translations I wouldn't have translated!!!! *Looks at my lousy translations and faints* 
Less than 4 hours to the premier! Who's excited? 
-Edit-
@mrdimples, HAHAH just saw your comments. Hmm be a translator ah? Alternative job in case current one doesn't work out. Let me think about it.....kekek

@mrdimples, I also cannot really understand their Chinese sometimes so I just freestyle =_=
Those who want to watch the drama live, it's 9.55pm Korean time and you can watch it here: 
http://www.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/#http://www.bxbtv.net/3888922269mbc-hd300053527021488.htmlhttp://www.tvwcn.com/tv/mbc.htmlhttp://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b2261.htm
Please note that you will need to download a programme to be able to stream for wubisheng. Also, these sites work on Internet Explorer so don't try to stream using Chrome!!

You can also watch it live here:
http://livedekankoku.web.fc2.com/

Guest chrissy96

Hi guys! I'm a big fan of Joowon so I'm going to watch this drama ^^ I won't be able to put a lot of time in talking about the drama and have discussions with you guys because I have a lot of obligations in real life and to other threads. But I will be here to live translate the drama~! See ya guys later! :D

Archived