7 hours ago, kiefer-taiho said:

Iris 1 is a great series, the story ... All I love it, I was waiting the 2..... Sadly was very tragic for my taste, our Jang was si tragic character... And unnecessary, if they had another name, maybe it would have improved a little...... Is sad... I think Jang was wasted in the series....... 

And wok of love...... I would have preferred that he did voice 2! :'(:'(:'(

But Voice2 will clash with Bad Papa 

• Like 2

I liked Robber. I consider it one of the best drama of JH even though it's typical old school tearjerker. As for Midas I've seen only 2eps. It was somewhat boring but I'll give it a try again becausw many people liked it.

But we are talking about very very poor writing and I think top three would be IRIS 2, WOL and GAEKJU !

Gaekju is the worst acting by Hyukie but surprisingly a few people liked him there.:w00t:

7 hours ago, kiefer-taiho said:

Iris 1 is a great series, the story ... I think Jang was wasted in the series....... 

I think that's why he took 2 becuase he thought it'll be sequel of 1. Same he took WOL for the writer but it ended up being a mess. 

He has bad luck with dramas. After doing IRIS2 many of his projects have poor quality.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, jhjsw said:

My favorite character was Oh Yang Cheon, the veteran officer who is with Kwang Soo.. JH could play that role. I think he fits in that.. I was imagining him as Hyukie. Hahaha

Haha! Me too. That character reminds me of Detective Moo.. But if Hyuk were to be in this show,  think he will steal all the limelight from them.. haha. better not.

14 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I am watching Life on Mars now and I love it ! I don’t really like family drama genre.

I tried watching Life on Mars as I  quite like Jung  Kyung Ho's acting in Falling for Innocence.. but the show reminds me of OCN's Tunnel. The plot is similar but I find Tunnel more exciting. I didnt like family genre too until I watched Ahjusshi and Live. Surprising that I can finally not fast forward or drop both shows half way which I have been doing after getting addicted to Hyuk's acting.

13 hours ago, jhjsw said:

watched Oh My Venus because I like both leads but the story was so empty!

Me too.. I like So Ji sub but the plot is full of fluff..more fanservice than story.

• Like 2

The only three dramas of him I wouldn't recommend are Iris 2, The Merchant and now maybe WOL, even though I love Chilsung.  I could give my reasons for disliking these three dramas, but to be honest, I'm a little lazy :p and we all have such different taste. 

I completely disagree with Fiesty on this.

4 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

He has bad luck with dramas. After doing IRIS2 many of his projects have poor quality.

I have followed other actors and artists and it is hard to find one that has had more than 2 or 3 works that could be called a masterpiece. Jang Hyuk has done so much more good work than bad (regardless of ratings or box office success) that I find him an exception. He is truly a gem and the fact that he keeps doing works that captivate me is why I still follow him. Fated to love you, Beautiful Mind, Money Flower happened after Iris2 and they are all amazing in their own style. WOL is terrible for my taste but Chilsung is adorable. 

Also, what is the difference in ratio of success or quality prior to Iris2? I think his works prior to that were also up and down in quality. SSBG was a success and it was cute but to me it wasn't what you would call "high quality" Daemang on the other hand, was really good, of course with the limitations of the production values of those times. Thank You was amazing, Robbers is my guilty pleasure but failed in ratings, Tazza, I loved it, but was it far superior to any of his current work? And Chuno was a masterpiece, but so is Money Flower. So these ups and downs, happened before, still happen and will continue to happen as long as Jang Hyuk keeps working (May God bless dramaland with his work for a long long time). Luck or bad or good decisions notwithstanding, I want to be the kind of fan Jang Hyuk mentioned on his fan meeting. I continue to support him, because besides being talented (above average in my opinion) he loves his craft, he is so passionate and hardworking,that I feel confident that if I don't like one work, I might like the next, or maybe the next. Because half of the odds are already covered (We know he will always do his best) so whenever he gets paired up with good writing and directing, its a WIN. 

I also hope he does a good movie but I am not disappointed with the excellent work he has done and continues to do in kdramas. 

All the good vibes to bad papa 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Chil Sung's new hairdo? So handsome!

Cr. IG owner

The writer owes us this after bluffing viewers with this hairdo in the poster haha... Now looking forward to what hairdo he will sport in Bad Papa

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

The writer owes us this after bluffing viewers with this hairdo in the poster haha... Now looking forward to what hairdo he will sport in Bad Papa

Ya man! CEO DCS and that new hairdo! 

• Like 2

I consider The Merchant as JH's worst drama. 

His character in Iris 2 as the most tragic. 

Chuno and Money Flower as his masterpieces.

Robber is my favourite.

As for WOL..... this is my most frustrated.  

But no matter what drama he's in, whether the writer/storyline/production is good or bad, he's always the limelight.  Even in WOL, JH has created the most likeable character here.  No doubt,  DCS is the most rounded person you can find in a drama.  He's smart, loyal, fights well, kind, humane, takes good care of his subordinates, and to top up all these, he's handsome, strong and fit!  SW must be blind to reject him ;) 

I wish JH will always be involved in good quality movies/dramas, but I think sometimes its hard to predict how the actual production will come out.  But I like that even if the production is bad, or the rating is not good, because of JH, the quality of acting is there.  

All the best to Bad Papa, and not forgetting Swordman too.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

This set of pic, I’ve never seen before. 

Apparently is used to be what he posted before then he deleted them.

All of them are really nice!!!

The first 3 pics were taken in China while he was filming 'New Sea' in 2016.

• Like 2

News article of his latest instagram post, now we know the name of that cap hahaha

Jang Hyuk, absolute beauty in bread cap

Jang Hyuk's unique (?) bread cap drew attention.

Jang posted a photo on his Instagram account on Sunday.

In the picture, Jang is sitting in the car taking a selfie. Jang is seen wearing casual gray T-shirt and wearing a fancy  bread cap.

Jang seems to be driving somewhere with his seatbelt fastened. Jang continued to boast of his good looks and has drawn attention.

Meanwhile, Jang was in the drama ' Greasy Melo. '

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180716

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201807160743443038752_1

• Like 4