10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

In the 8th episode of TV Chosun's 'Golf King 3', which was broadcast on May 28,  Shin Seung-hwa  said, "Hyuk hyung plays golf like Jeet Kwon Do. It doesn't fit. It's hard because he talks a lot.":joy: 

I want to watch how he plays golf now. Lol!

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000581757

Makes sense. I commented before about JH's strange inability to be gentle, like with the kitten in WOL or the dog in Robbers, or the son in Voice- the way he pinched his cheek was so odd :) 

Probably playing golf with him can be frustrating due to his tendency to obsess if he fails and his inability give up. Remember the 2000 times (or was it 5000 ?!) he cast his line in the fishing show?!

On another subject, the author of the book THE SILENCE OF BONES, said that JH is her dream cast for her lead. Kinda odd since in the synopsis he is described as a "well-respected young inspector". The plot sounds interesting, but the other prota is a sixteen year old girl... But it's always nice to hear people loving on JH :) 

Edit: found the clip in which the author mentioned Jang Hyuk's name and I'm less enthusiastic, as she spoke about Goblin- if this author liked Goblin in any way, I don't want JH anywhere near her book, if it ever comes to be made into a movie or a show... :confused: The reason she chose JH was because she saw him in DRT, and essentially it's the same character- 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

Is this a new drama they are talking about? Or is it just the book? I don't like Kim Go Eun but I will be happy if it's another drama for JH (but inspector... not a melo again? :tears:)

I think it is just a book. Not a new drama. The author was just sharing who her dream cast was for her story characters.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So they kept the name The killer... This is so confusing...

There is no change to the official name, but it is just such a mouthful so some ppl chose to use the shorter version. 

• Like 2

Something to look forward tonight?

KBS still giving us official stills of PGW in the same old costume and expression though.

Stills for ep 9

Spoiler

In the released still, Lee Tae, Yoo Jung and Park Gye-won are facing each other in a breathtaking atmosphere, drawing attention. Just the fact that the three people are in one space overwhelms the eyes of the viewers.

In particular, Lee Tae, who has strong tension, and Park Gye-won, who is calm, have been attacked by anxiety for some reason. In addition, Yoo-jung sends a distrustful look at Park Gye-won, and soon her gaze is directed toward Lee Tae, making me wonder why.

In addition, with Park Gye-won's words, Lee Tae is far from being afraid, and Yoo-jung is in agony, drawing attention to today's broadcast.

The production team of "Bloody Heart" said, "In the 9th episode, Park Gye-won's movement will lead to a three-way meeting with Lee Tae and Yoo Jung again. Park Gye-won, who had previously been cornered by Yoo Jung, for what reason brought the two together, please check his unusual behavior through today's broadcast."

Whether Jang Hyuk's counterattack will be successful can be confirmed through the 9th episode of KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "Bloody Heart," which will air at 9:30 p.m. on the 30th (today).

1653878404557875.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Watched ep09 preview and I think that trail of blood PGW was walking on is Minister Cho's blood. In the next scene they are sword fighting and PGW is wearing that blue costume.

I was SO wrong hahahahah

• LOL 4

On 5/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Thank you so much for this preview with eng subs

Hide contents

I will be sad when QD starts turning against PGW. I know he deserves to suffer, mostly in this case, for being such a bad lover lol, but I will feel sorry for them and that bond they currently have (even if its toxic) 

I feel the same and it's looking more like what you said after ep 9 :cold_sweat:

• Sad 2

OH MY GOD! JH has an amazing scene in ep. 9! It feels like JH is in a whole different plane than the rest of the show...

On the other hand, whenever Lee Joon and Kang Hana are in the same scene together, I feel like fast forwarding... So I did :) No chemistry whatsoever, even though the second kiss was much better...

All in all, a great episode- PGW is becoming less murderous, but still cunning, and his real purpose is out. It's like the main three are playing a game, while the side characters are throwing curve balls into that game, making things unpredictable. Really cool!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Hi everyone, I can finally end the almost 2 years I've spent lurking in this thread. Nice to meet you all. On instagram, I go by the name carwindow_sociologist and I've already messaged some of you (Hi Renee!). Long story short, my first Korean film was Volcano High, which I watched in my teens. But it was only during the pandemic that I rediscovered JH and boy I'm hooked. I'd even planned on taking a long hiatus from all things JH when I caught the scene with PGW talking to the figment of his imagination. Someone please give this man his flowers. He's the only actor that has ever given me goosebumps through his performance(s) eg confrontation between Bangwon and his dad when he refused to leave the royal court, the final fight in Tomb of River (that growl sounded like a wounded animal), and now this. Hence, to honour how much I admire his work ethic and talent, I am going all in. You win Jang Hyuk

In terms of a favourite performance, I think what he did as Bangwon was truly inspired and BH is shaping up to be just as remarkable. I also loved Beautiful Mind but can't recall Money Flower because I didn't pay a lot of attention when I watched it. What made me a fan was FTLY, especially his chemistry with JNR. I will go down with this ship I tell you (don't judge me!)

Ultimately, I like /admire him because he's unconventional, passionate about his craft, and has worked so doggedly to get to where he is. More importantly, I think he has so much more to give as an actor. I can admit it now but he's become somewhat of a muse to me. He's inspired so many of my new film /TV ideas - and it would be an honour to work with him if I finally get my act together and start taking this writing thing seriously again.

P.s. I have been lucky to be part of very thoughtful and creative fandoms and this is no exception (eg Shenny (TBBT before it became trendy) and my ultimate ship Spuffy (BTVS). You guys are so mature and insightful and I appreciate that since I thought my days of being a crazy fan were long over

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@Biology Lesson Yes! I loved ep 9! 

Will skip commenting about the main couple as a romantic couple mostly because, even though I like them enough to not skip them and I appreciate that at least they are always honest with each other, which means they don't drag things causing tiresome misunderstandings, Im also not super excited about them. And also, twitter focuses so much on them that I feel there’s nothing left to comment. 

Instead I’d like to comment on the side characters that are still “wildcards” in this game and could go in any direction

The Minister of War, I love this actor and I feel so far, very sorry for this guy who seems a “good guy” trapped in a bad situation. I thought he was going to get furious at the king but he seems to be really thinking his next move. 

Lady Yoon, she is such a mystery! Her relationship with PGW is so business like, but why is she with him? Does she love him, is she grateful to him for some reason? Are they united by a common goal? Notice how PGW treats QD (he literally compared her to a flower) but his wife is more of a partner in crime. Still, he doesn’t tell her everything and has expressed concern about involving (both women) too deeply into his dirty business. 

The QD will become a key player soon, as many of you predicted. Im a little bit disappointed at how fragile she is and how patronizing PGW is towards her. How can he not see that his “flower” doesn’t want to be freed from the “burden” of being a Queen? He is stripping her off the little power she enjoyed through him. How can he not see that this is not “good news” to her? He thinks she is still that sweet girl who dreamed of a simple life with him but he is so wrong. And its sad to see. He is almost naive and innocent when he tells her of his plans to test Yoo Jung to see if she’d fit the role of the new Queen. He honestly thinks they are on the same page

We got our PGW flashback! I guess Im satisfied. The scene was the stuff of nightmares. PGW becoming more unhinged is a pleasure to watch! Jang Hyuk nailing his despair, fears and inner turmoil quite well 

And finally, the last scene. He and Yoo Jung are so good together. Their frenemy tension is hot!!! 

@YouwinJH Oh myyy welcome welcome welcome!!! I love your name lolll and also you are writer? This is awesome! Have you written any JH inspired works already? 

• Insightful 2

11 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson 

@YouwinJH Oh myyy welcome welcome welcome!!! I love your name lolll and also you are writer? This is awesome! Have you written any JH inspired works already? 

Thank you, thank you! I enjoy writing yes but I don't have the attention span for it. I've always wanted to be the story by person and then have a partnership with someone who can actually write the screenplay. These days I've had to resort to writing the scripts myself.

Yes JH has inspired a lot of stories as yet to be written but I am doing the background reading and storyboard, etc. Dialogue is tricky...and I tend to juggle multiple projects and procrastinate on top of doing an office job

I should really stop making excuses and get down to it

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Yes! I loved ep 9! 

Will skip commenting about the main couple as a romantic couple mostly because, even though I like them enough to not skip them and I appreciate that at least they are always honest with each other, which means they don't drag things causing tiresome misunderstandings, Im also not super excited about them. And also, twitter focuses so much on them that I feel there’s nothing left to comment. 

Agreed :) enough said... 

Instead I’d like to comment on the side characters that are still “wildcards” in this game and could go in any direction

The Minister of War, I love this actor and I feel so far, very sorry for this guy who seems a “good guy” trapped in a bad situation. I thought he was going to get furious at the king but he seems to be really thinking his next move. 

Also, remember the respect with which PGW spoke to him- saying that the minister of war was his leader during the revult, and insisting that they're friends (which is kinda strange after the tense tea pouring scene :) ) 

Lady Yoon, she is such a mystery! Her relationship with PGW is so business like, but why is she with him? Does she love him, is she grateful to him for some reason? Are they united by a common goal? Notice how PGW treats QD (he literally compared her to a flower) but his wife is more of a partner in crime. Still, he doesn’t tell her everything and has expressed concern about involving (both women) too deeply into his dirty business. 

My thoughts exactly! This episode made me want to learn more about Lady Yoon. Obviously she knows PGW loves the QD- both of them are completely open about their feelings in front of her. He even makes her serve The QD, and surprisingly she doesn't seem to be bitter about that all! Seems completely honest. Even when The QD makes snarky remarks- Lady Yoon is hurt but doesn't seem resentfull. I want to see what made both these women so loyal to PGW.... When The QD talked about him serving her, that brought a certain image to my mind- a shameful image :hwaiting2:(I guess I'm not that mature, @YouwinJH :D  by the way- Welcome!!) and my immediate thought was "I bet he's really good at... serving... to engender such loyalty from both these women"

Seriously though- I want to see Lady Yoon have an honest conversation with PGW

The QD will become a key player soon, as many of you predicted. Im a little bit disappointed at how fragile she is and how patronizing PGW is towards her. How can he not see that his “flower” doesn’t want to be freed from the “burden” of being a Queen? He is stripping her off the little power she enjoyed through him. How can he not see that this is not “good news” to her? He thinks she is still that sweet girl who dreamed of a simple life with him but he is so wrong. And its sad to see. He is almost naive and innocent when he tells her of his plans to test Yoo Jung to see if she’d fit the role of the new Queen. He honestly thinks they are on the same page

The actress said that her character starts out as weak, but then she becomes more powerful- It's clear she's changing already, though she's still trying to stay loyal to PGW,  while PGW is completely oblivious. Love to see how this is going to develop, and how he will react when she ultimately go against him

We got our PGW flashback! I guess Im satisfied. The scene was the stuff of nightmares. PGW becoming more unhinged is a pleasure to watch! Jang Hyuk nailing his despair, fears and inner turmoil quite well 

The flashback was really good, though I still would love to see warrior PGW. 

And finally, the last scene. He and Yoo Jung are so good together. Their frenemy tension is hot!!! 

I agree, it's very clear JH and Kang Hana have amazing chemistry together and that she is learning a lot from JH.

OH, and one thing we didn't mention- Finally, the king is showing interest in his people! Granted, tilling the land with his subjects is not really rulling, more like virtue signalling, but it's a start :) 

• LOL 4

@Biology Lesson “Thank you” ?!?! For putting that shameful mental picture on my head :ph34r: how can anyone concentrate after this! 

Something I forgot to add, the gruesome flashback reminded me of when Lady Yoon told Yoo Jung, she had to change clothes because Councilor Park doesn’t like to see blood in the house. Im with you on wanting to see more warrior PGW. It can still happen! 

And also, PGWs son is so far the most annoying character. I want to slap his righteous face lol 

Lee Tae starting to show interest in his people was we needed to see. They weren’t very subtle about it but its welcomed. 

• LOL 4