18 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking, we gonna see a messy haired and sweaty JH in Bad Papa most of the time? No more suave Pil-joo in a suit haha

Which I believe will be Super sexy lol!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Indeed @azureblue7 I can watch him the whole day. Although I know that DCS is not going to end up with the female lead, I’m still feeling sad when I saw the preview for next episode maybe is the way he look .... so sad :(

LOL.

Yes..thought I should be quite used to seeing him falling out of love..  Guess it is because he was originally not going to pursue his crush since she is now a married woman.He didn't even want to know her contact number.  But her conversation with him at the bus stop seemed to be telling him to go ahead and have a crush on her. She made him so happy only to crush his poor heart in the next ep? So cruel.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Is this new ?

Yes that is new

Meanwhile let's talk about Bad Papa here.. I dont think there will be any confirmation news of it soon since that info was released much too far early haha... it's like 2 dramas ahead of time, and one of the reason I can think of is perhaps SidusHQ has received so much mail scolding them for allowing JH to be a second lead in Greasy Melo that they cannot stand it anymore, and so asked info about Bad Papa to be released early in order to reassure fans that don't worry, his next role will be the first lead and it's an alpha-male drama !! But I am quite sure he will accept it coz it's almost tailor-made for him.

@fiesty8001 Why do u say he will receive hate comments for updates about Bad Papa ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

and one of the reason I can think of is perhaps SidusHQ has received so much mail scolding them for allowing JH to be a second lead in Greasy Melo that they cannot stand it anymore, and so asked info about Bad Papa to be released early in order to reassure fans that don't worry, his next role will be the first lead

@fiesty8001 Why do u say he will receive hate comments for updates about Bad Papa ?

Seriously what was Sidus people thinking when they decided to put him in this drama. What good it 'll do to his career? Scolding is not enough they should be forced to sleep on the bed of fresh stinging nettles for two months.<_<

Some people gave another reason for the early announcement. According to them MBC's side released the news saying JH has accepted the offer so that they can secure him for the role. The announcment will discourage other people from offering him other roles. This reason also makes sense. 

After the announcement many people wrote negative comments for JH calling him 'unprofessional', 'greedy' or so on. It's not a good idea to accept a new offer when you have just started working in a new drama. 

Therefore Sidus released another article for damage control stating JH has just recieved the offer and hasn't reviewed it yet. 

Sidus and MBC were also bashed in between.

So it's better that we don't hear about Bad Papa for a while and wait till people forget about it.

As far as I understand the google translation of the article which was posted by @Prettysup the writer of Bad Papa has been developing the story into a 16 part series as well as a novel for past two years. So we can assume the script writer and story writer are same person.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

After the announcement many people wrote negative comments for JH calling him 'unprofessional', 'greedy' or so on. It's not a good idea to accept a new offer when you have just started working in a new drama. 

Therefore Sidus released another article for damage control stating JH has just recieved the offer and hasn't reviewed it yet. 

Sidus and MBC were also bashed in between.

So it's better that we don't hear about Bad Papa for a while and wait till people forget about it.

LOL what's wrong with accepting a new drama when u are working on one? Not as if you are doing both concurrently, some more there is a 2 months break in between. Even if one follows the other immediately, I don't see anything wrong with it either. Are the netizens unhappy becoz their own idols have no new acting offers ? Haha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

40 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

LOL what's wrong with accepting a new drama when u are working on one? Not as if you are doing both concurrently, some more there is a 2 months break in between. Even if one follows the other immediately, I don't see anything wrong with it either. Are the netizens unhappy becoz their own idols have no new acting offers ? Haha...

Ha ha. I don't understand the 'hate' but I know it exists. Well I also know it's nature is fickle and it won't affect a wise person. So I've no qualms about it. 

What are your views on WOL?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Ha ha. I don't understand the 'hate' but I know it exists. Well I also know it's nature is fickle and it won't affect a wise person. So I've no qualms about it. 

What are your views on WOL?

Hehe u know comedies are not my cup of tea.. but I managed to watch the Hyukie portions in it so far (I fast-forwarded the rest), and I find it still bearable. I am not interested in ships and I dont' really care who ends up with who, and I am also not interested in the plot anyway.... Basically waiting for Bad Papa.... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I like his character in WOL. I think this role can also be considered as a gift/fanservice to fans. I enjoy his cuteness and how he is always so extra so much. :D  But I don't think I like the whole drama. I often get frustrated for illogical things that happened in rom-com. 

I am also waiting for Bad Papa. The synopsis is not intriguing to me but I am more excited that it is a daddy role and he is back to the center of the drama again. 

Oh and Swordsman! I am waiting for it tooo.

• Like 4

Wow. I didn't know that there were negative comments about him considering Bad Papa. So what do they want him to do? Reject it even though he practically is perfect for the role because he is doing a drama right now?? 

About WOL. I'm enjoying his funny character but not really enjoying the drama. And I think without DCS and his gang, the story will just be so boring. The editing is messy. And I really don't want to say this but why do they even offer him the 2nd lead to this kind of drama? Hahaha. The actors are great but the drama is just not engaging for me. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

And I really don't want to say this but why do they even offer him the 2nd lead to this kind of drama? Hahaha. The actors are great but the drama is just not engaging for me. 

Me too. He said he trusts the writer and director. I don't know why he can trust someone so easily. haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Oh and Swordsman! I am waiting for it tooo.

Everyday I am waiting for news of The Swordsman... given his tight schedule, it would be best if this could be released around mid July - mid August in order for him to spend time promoting it. Otherwise it will have to wait till Bad Papa ends in November..

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hehe u know comedies are not my cup of tea..

I find it still bearable. I am not interested in ships 

Rom-com is not my favourite genre too. I can like the comadies if the romance element is not prominent. If it has to be a romance then it has to be tragic for me.:tongue:

K drama trope I hate most is the love triangle.noooo...

Why always two men liking same women and not vice versa.

2 hours ago, nyk said:

I like his character in WOL. I think this role can also be considered as a gift/fanservice to fans. I enjoy his cuteness and how he is always so extra so much. :D 

I would rather watch him in the variety shows where he is not forced to act cute. Honestly the four episodes of Carefree Travellers are thousand times funnier than WOL.

The humor part is too forced for my liking. FLTY was super silly and cliched but it was hella funny and cute.^_^

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Me too. He said he trusts the writer and director. I don't know why he can trust someone so easily. haha

He meant he trusted their decision of changing his character. At the point one he should not trust is his agency.lols

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

So what do they want him to do? 

And I really don't want to say this but why do they even offer him the 2nd lead to this kind of drama? 

If you are celebrity then negative comments are part of your daily life no matter how perfect you are. If drama happens to be good then same people will be singing different tunes.

No you should say it loudly. Noboby will be sushing you here.<_<

I still don't get why would he do this drama. If it were to be a masterpiece then I was fine even if he was 20th lead. He just had a hit drama for which he was nominated for all of the prestigious awards but instaed of driving his career further his agency made him halt at the rendom place.

I would rather prefer him ti be typecasted in the good dramas instead of being part of the sucky dramas on the name of versatility.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I didn’t know about this. So is actually a blessing that I don’t read all these and is only on this thread hahaha!

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hehe u know comedies are not my cup of tea.. but I managed to watch the Hyukie portions in it so far (I fast-forwarded the rest), and I find it still bearable. I am not interested in ships and I dont' really care who ends up with who, and I am also not interested in the plot anyway.... Basically waiting for Bad Papa.... 

Same. I fast forwarded many scenes too. I watched mainly JH’s parts. 

@jhjsw same I’m watching Becos is JH and he is cute :) and really without him and the gang, the drama is really boring. Honestly, is too predictable. Maybe that’s why some people don’t like rom-com. 

I basically have no idea what is wrong with accepting another offer when he is currently filming another one. Is not as if he is filming both together. Anyway I don’t think the negative comments have reach far and wide Becos it didn’t reach me who is almost a hermit in k drama world hahah. I follow his hashtags on twitter, nothing at all.  It was mostly encouraging him to take the role and how suitable it is for him :) 

and like what @fiesty8001 pointed out if the drama turns out to be a masterpiece then people will talk differently again.

look at MF, didn’t many doubted his decision Becos it was a weekend drama? But look at him, look at JH. What an inspiration! 

Btw, I love the people on our thread here :) although we have not met, I feel

good that I can ‘speak’ to u folks to de stress and talk about my fav actor :)

• Like 3

He meant he trusted their decision of changing his character. At the point one he should not trust is his agency.lols

whenever he tells reporters the reasons he takes any project it is like he makes decision on his own. So I don't know I should blame him or his agency. haha 

• Like 2

Rom-com is not my favourite genre too. I can like the comadies if the romance element is not prominent. If it has to be a romance then it has to be tragic for me.:tongue:

K drama trope I hate most is the love triangle.noooo...

Why always two men liking same women and not vice versa.

I would rather watch him in the variety shows where he is not forced to act cute. Honestly the four episodes of Carefree Travellers are thousand times funnier than WOL.

The humor part is too forced for my liking. FLTY was super silly and cliched but it was hella funny and cute.^_^

If you are celebrity then negative comments are part of your daily life no matter how perfect you are. If drama happens to be good then same people will be singing different tunes.

No you should say it loudly. Noboby will be sushing you here.<_<

I still don't get why would he do this drama. If it were to be a masterpiece then I was fine even if he was 20th lead. He just had a hit drama for which he was nominated for all of the prestigious awards but instaed of driving his career further his agency made him halt at the rendom place.

I would rather prefer him ti be typecasted in the good dramas instead of being part of the sucky dramas on the name of versatility.

I've been controlling myself but after 8 episodes, it felt like its going downhill for me.  

Like you, I don't understand why he accepted this role.  The story line is meh, and the love line doesn't make sense to me at all.  Its been rather random here and there.  I've been waiting for a secret agenda that convinces me why JH would take this 2nd lead role, but so far it doesn't did it for me.  I don't mind him being a 2nd lead, as long as its a good drama, and one which will add substance to his portfolio.  But I'm frustrated the more I see how the story develops.   

I was expecting a solid role for him after the success of his previous drama.  I'm excited to know of his potential drama 'Bad Papa', and then I hear the bad news :unsure: 

I'm looking forward to the 'Swordman' but till now there's no further updates on when this is showing.... sign... this is going to be a downcast period for me....

Pardon my rumblings, but I just have to let it out, haha...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I was expecting a solid role for him after the success of his previous drama.  I'm excited to know of his potential drama 'Bad Papa', and then I hear the bad news :unsure: 

Sorry to cut your post  

what is the bad news about Bad Papa?  The hate comments? 

• Like 2