Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

You mentioned you’re watch SOGC now? I wonder how are you enjoying it?

I am. I like it  a lot.

JH's acting is very similar to what his style was in FTLY. However! He does this wonderful switch between goofy/silly and dead serious and within a split second his eyes just turn to steel. I absolutely adore it.

I think I will not spoil anything if I mention that the femal lead is cross-dressing  in the frist episodes? This is something that always cracks me up  - that in Joseon or Goryeo it was enought to do your hair in a topknot and everyone thought you a man, even with fuller chest, high voice and a woman's face. LOL

The political plot is not too silly.

The female lead is not an idiot.

The second lead is hot (Im Joo Hwan!)

Fighting is awesome.

So yes, if you enjoyed FTLY, I will definitely recommend SOGC.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Like he was doing for the fans in MC? :) If he is indeed promoting that coat, than he is doing a great job. I would love to have that coat! It looks so fluffy and warm on JH! The problem is, it doesn't get cold enough where I live for that coat... :sweatingbullets: But again, JH often wears his coats inside in interviews. He did that also in Voice. 

Probably more like PPL in this case, since its Westwood

 

OTOH, I do the same thing he does, never remove my jacket when going in and out of places, Id rather stand the heat than removing it and putting it back on lol, people go nuts! 
 

And also its very cold in Korea and he probably prefers to keep himself warm (if his past injuries hurt in cold weather as he once said, then even more reason) 

 

But do I want to see him out of the bulky jacket once? Yes! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

And also its very cold in Korea and he probably prefers to keep himself warm

And he is so slim, our oppa is, he has zero fat on his frame, he he had better keep himself warm in these nice thick coats with faux fur collars.

 

Off topic on cultural diferences - of course you take off you shoes in the hallway  of sb's house in K-Drama land (so I assume this is a custom in South Korea) , but I have never seen anyone take off their coat! I have even once seen a scene when a guest sat down to dinner wearing his overcoat (it is an on-going drama, so it is winter time). This is quite strange to me. The coats are not hung  in the hallway, but in the closet/wardrobe in one's room. What if it rains/snows and your overcoat is wet?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, corey said:

And he is so slim, our oppa is, he has zero fat on his frame, he he had better keep himself warm in these nice thick coats with faux fur collars.

 

On topic on cultural diferences - of course you take off you shoes in the hallway  of sb's house in K-Drama land (so I assume this is a custom in South Korea) , but I have never seen anyone take of their coat! I have even once seen a scene when a guest sat down to dinner wearing his overcoat (it is an on-going drama, so it is winter time). This is quite strange to me. The coats are not hung  in the hallway, but in the colset/wardrobe in one's room. What if it rains/snows and your overcoat is wet?

Teehee thats me! Ill only take off my coat or jacket if people make me :lol:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine who attented the Japan fan meeting that centered around Bad Papa told me this story. It’s something JH shared (it came to mind when she saw the actor playing Taesik in TMWYS who played his coach in Bad Papa).

 

bp_ep8_4100.jpg?w=1210&h=612

 

It was about the scene where JH cries upside down. I enjoy JH action scenes so much, but sometimes the risk of injury makes me wonder if its worthy. Bad Papa really demanded a lot from him.


bp_ep8_4101.jpg?w=1210&h=626

 

 

“He said that it was filmed a day after they shot one of his fighting scenes. During that fighting scene, someone had forgotten to latch the door of the ring. And during the shooting, he  was thrown against the door. It burst open, and he went flying out of the ring. He landed on his head. So the scene as shown in the picture where he was crying, was it fact real crying because his head was really hurting”.

 

:cold_sweat:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

A friend of mine who attented the Japan fan meeting that centered around Bad Papa told me this story. It’s something JH shared (it came to mind when she saw the actor playing Taesik in TMWYS who played his coach in Bad Papa).

 

bp_ep8_4100.jpg?w=1210&h=612

 

It was about the scene where JH cries upside down. I enjoy JH action scenes so much, but sometimes the risk of injury makes me wonder if its worthy. Bad Papa really demanded a lot from him.


bp_ep8_4101.jpg?w=1210&h=626

 

 

“He said that it was filmed a day after they shot one of his fighting scenes. During that fighting scene, someone had forgotten to latch the door of the ring. And during the shooting, he  was thrown against the door. It burst open, and he went flying out of the ring. He landed on his head. So the scene as shown in the picture where he was crying, was it fact real crying because his head was really hurting”.

 

:cold_sweat:

Terrible safety standards! Landing on the head is never a good thing. I worry for his later years and any potential concussion effects that will be manifested in later years. So sad that he was in such pain. This makes me want to ask Hyukie to stop doing real action scenes :tears: sigh! 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Reel Life Same! But he wouldn’t listen anyway. He avoids using stunt doubles. Bad Papa was particularly brutal. I mean choreographed fights, those high kicks he does, those are probably fine, but I wish he stopped doing the more dangerous stuff. Especially because safety standards in Korea are apparently not as strict as they should be. Like my korean friend said, “I’m ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating” 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Same! But he wouldn’t listen anyway. He avoids using stunt doubles. Bad Papa was particularly brutal. I mean choreographed fights, those high kicks he does, those are probably fine, but I wish he stopped doing the more dangerous stuff. Especially because safety standards in Korea are apparently not as strict as they should be. Like my korean friend said, “I’m ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating” 

Agree.  Sometimes he is the one who will suggest adding certain scenes, like offering to jump into the icy cold waters in Voice. I hope he will do more melo like what he said, he likes melo.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Same! But he wouldn’t listen anyway. He avoids using stunt doubles. Bad Papa was particularly brutal. I mean choreographed fights, those high kicks he does, those are probably fine, but I wish he stopped doing the more dangerous stuff. Especially because safety standards in Korea are apparently not as strict as they should be. Like my korean friend said, “I’m ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating” 

Yeah after this when people saying they miss JH in action I gonna borrow this quote "I'm ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Yeah after this when people saying they miss JH in action I gonna borrow this quote "I'm ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating".

Same here. Melos and Rom-coms. Please. These are safe (r). Do you remember this clip from TMWYS production when filming the scene in his hideout with the broken terrarium? When instead on the mattres he landed on hard concrete? Gee, would it be such a hard thing to add wider and thicker mattres?

 

And also, please stop filming two episodes a week. Terrible safety standards in Korean film industry are related also to the speed of production. Two hourly episodes a week are almost triple the workload for making a TV show for USA market, where I heard that one 40-minutes episode takes about one week (this was said in  a commentary for an episode of "Supernatural" ).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, corey said:

Same here. Melos and Rom-coms. Please. These are safe (r). Do you remember this clip from TMWYS production when filming the scene in his hideout with the broken terrarium? When instead on the mattres he landed on hard concrete? Gee, would it be such a hard thing to add wider and thicker mattres?

 

And also, please stop filming two episodes a week. Terrible safety standards in Korean film industry are related also to the speed of production. Two hourly episodes a week are almost triple the workload for making a TV show for USA market, where I heard that one 40-minutes episode takes about one week (this was said in  a commentary for an episode of "Supernatural" ).

 


In view of the coronavirus - not sure if rom com are safe too hahahaha! 
 

There are 2 types of character I really would like JH to take on:

1. Superhero :) I believe he can pull it off really well

2. A really evil character 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kohnlee said:


In view of the coronavirus - not sure if rom com are safe too hahahaha! 
 

There are 2 types of character I really would like JH to take on:

1. Superhero :) I believe he can pull it off really well

2. A really evil character 

I understand your point with coronavirus, that is why I wore that romcoms are safe(r). At least there is no risk of sudden violent injury. However, even without the coronavirus are a lot of contagious diseases you can catch when in contact with humans. Nothing is completely safe in this world, you know.

I am really terrified to read this morning that the number of cases in South Korea climbed to 1595. I really hope that all the cast and crew currently filming all the dramas I enjoy are safe!

 

As for the really evil character - if there is a drama where he is a totally evil character, please warn me in advance so I will not watch it :). Our oppa is too hot to be wasted on a purely evil individual, but of course that is just me. ^_^

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, corey said:

I am really terrified to read this morning that the number of cases in South Korea climbed to 1595. I really hope that all the cast and crew currently filming all the dramas I enjoy are safe!

Yes it is very scary the number of cases/deaths in SK. It sort of like went up very fast.

 

36 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

In view of the coronavirus - not sure if rom com are safe too hahahaha!

Esp kissing scene where both have to be in close proximity.

 

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Agree.  Sometimes he is the one who will suggest adding certain scenes, like offering to jump into the icy cold waters in Voice. I hope he will do more melo like what he said, he likes melo.

I guess this is what he meant by when age catches up, he can't do certain actions anymore. So while he still can, he will prefer to do the stunts himself. He's 45 korean age this year, how many more years can a person jump/kick/fly etc the way he does? As it is, he already has backache from time to time.

 

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Terrible safety standards!

Actually is not just K industry. C industry too. I ever read that an actor almost drowned when filming. What happened to the lifeguard supposed to be there? Half the time these production just want to get the filming done, the job done, but with minimum safety measures because of cost control.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

You mentioned you’re watch SOGC now? I wonder how are you enjoying it? I haven’t watched and wonder if I should start. I don’t like historical dramas and am not a fan of the female lead, but I really miss him in romance sigh. Hmm maybe I should watch Robbers instead. Or maybe, I should just rewatch FTLY since everything abt the show was so perfect! :lol:

Oh you haven't watched! I thought you have finished it.

For me, in this drama, I like the 2nd female lead more than the lead. And I actually pity her but I must be the minority few.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kohnlee said:


In view of the coronavirus - not sure if rom com are safe too hahahaha! 
 

There are 2 types of character I really would like JH to take on:

1. Superhero :) I believe he can pull it off really well

2. A really evil character 

 

Apparently Taiwan dramas have stopped filming kissing scenes now in view of the corona virus.

 

And no I do not want him to be an evil character! I like my heroes to be good guys. I had such a hard time coming to terms with The Client.

 

3 hours ago, corey said:

As for the really evil character - if there is a drama where he is a totally evil character, please warn me in advance so I will not watch it :). Our oppa is too hot to be wasted on a purely evil individual, but of course that is just me. ^_^

 

Aha so we have the same preference !! But only in this aspect, coz I do not like to see him in a rom-com haha..

 

5 hours ago, yoeda said:

Yeah after this when people saying they miss JH in action I gonna borrow this quote "I'm ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating".

 

Rem when he was sitting in a wheelchair in TMWYS ? Everyone was waiting to see him in action lol.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top Knetz comments on the hairstyle post by SidusHQ yesterday :

 

2010_%EA%B5%90%ED%86%A0%ED%86%B5%EC%8B%A

 

1. Till how old do you intend to stay so handsome ?(+428 -0)
2. No other actor can carry it off the way he does(+265 -6)
3.  Although Jang Hyuk is the same guy in Chuno,  he is really handsome. Even with the messy long hair, he is still especially charismatic and handsome... better than Oh Ji-ho ...(+208 -4)
4.  Wah~~You cannot deny it ~ Jang Hyuk is so handsome ~~^^ (+162 -0)
5. All are suitable, handsome, fighting (+124 -0)
6. Faint .. Why is it that he gets more handsome as he ages ?(+87 -2)
7. Really have to acknowledge Jang Hyuk (+80 -2)
8. Handsome face, nice head shape, any style is suitable (+78 -1)
9. Good actor(+60 -0)
10. Cool!!!!!! (+53 -0)

 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27586799&memberNo=28456565

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prettysup loving the first comment!

’till how old do you intend to stay so handsome’ wahahah - love this!

 

In my opinion; the coronavirus is more contagious but is less deadly as compared to SARS.  In time to come when vaccine are created, it may just become another flu. Till then, the older folks are more vulnerable. 
 

I actually don’t mind him in another comedy. He was sooooo good in them :) 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are tempting me to watch SOGC @budgerie @corey :D

 

actually, maybe I should watch the FAMOUS CHUNO huh! Until today I haven’t watched. How can I not watch his most iconic show haha. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Rem when he was sitting in a wheelchair in TMWYS ? Everyone was waiting to see him in action lol.

I think it wasn’t so much action scenes, but more of “in action” having a wider range of movements. At least that was my definition of it lol. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...