1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

That’s true, according to wiki, BW did kill a lot of his supporters, even his wife’s brothers and his sons’ in-laws. He was a controversial figure. So let’s be prepared for a bad BW in the end and rem it’s just dramaland and our actor is just doing his job. 

This BW is not exactly like the real one. They would ruin this version of him. Especially when there’s only two eps left, no time to “twist” him in a satisfactory convincing way (although even in this version BW seems unhinged at times) but it would “undo” so many of his good actions towards Hwi and his men. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

That’s true, according to wiki, BW did kill a lot of his supporters, even his wife’s brothers and his sons’ in-laws. He was a controversial figure. So let’s be prepared for a bad BW in the end and rem it’s just dramaland and our actor is just doing his job. 

I thought he exiled them... I noticed there are different versions of the historical accounts. For instance, about the murder the show said YBW did- there was one version online saying the murder was actually done by assassins YBW hired, and another saying that YBW actually did kill him himself... Whatever the show does, I hope they won't destroy the character YBW they developed, and give him enough justification for whatever he is going do. I, for one, am just happy it's nearly over...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Nooooooooooo please noooooooooo!!!! NO! This version of Bangwon does keep his word! Regardless of his many flaws, he is not a traitor.  Don’t ruin him! 

Lol, I'm so worried too. Scared show ruined Bang Won after all the "credits" he had received. For once, I am actually looking forward to the show next episode because curious to know what is next. Worse thing is there is no preview. Chinese website also no preview! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

My first thought too :sweatingbullets:

and I too have an ill feeling the twist will be Hwi protecting Sun Ho in the end for friendship, and BW having no choice but to kill Hwi and Sun Ho. Eeks. Let’s hope not. 

I couldn't stand the hat. 

Judging from HJ hairstyle, she may have married Hwi? Usually married ladies only will do their hair like this. 

Bang Won has tears in his eyes. What is the document that king has his seal on it? Maybe forbid BW to be a king now and future? That leads to the 2nd strife? 

Or the twist could be SH and Hwi team up to kill Bang Won? Seems like Hwi and SH has reconciled and Hwi was seen talking to the King. Ahhh! This is so frustrating. Anyone understood korean language to the preview? If Bang Won is killed...I'm never going to watch any drama written by this writer ever again! So if it is written that BW is killed, the 3 leads prevail, afterall this drama is about the 3 leads so it is suppose to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Or the twist could be SH and Hwi team up to kill Bang Won?

I think this will not happen? But maybe they may team up but fail in the end because BW will definitely survive. If he survives, and they go against him, then he may either kill them or send them into exile. 

• Insightful 2

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Preparing for new role?

Google translated Body Performance Physical Training

What does "Body Performance Physical Training" mean? Doesn't that just means "any physical training"? Does this mean something special in Korean?

At any rate- JH is done with the filming of MC for sure, right? So what's with the beard? Is he keeping it?

• LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

At any rate- JH is done with the filming of MC for sure, right? So what's with the beard? Is he keeping it?

We will be "dead" if he is keeping this beard for his new drama :joy:and the straight hairstyle as saw in the 2nd press conf. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 11/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, budgerie said:

I think it's korea culture. Most men JH age would have been married with kids. For a 38 years old man to play a bachelor (for his case FTLY) seems old to K fans I think. But he proved all of them who criticized him wrong. He did a fantastic job as LG.    

K FTLY and the original Taiwan FTLY characters differ slightly. K version LG is the noisy and lively one. The Taiwan version of Mi Young is the noisy and bubbly one. Taiwan version of Li Gun is more serious. He doesn't act like K version of LG so the drama can get dry and boring.

From what I saw, many of JH's contemporaries are still single, no? It seems like the managers like it better if the actors a single so that fans can fantasize about them. I guess this is why JH's managers also objected to him getting married...

As to FTLY- I was talking about the likability of the male character. I didn't some people that likes the Taiwanese show better, but I think it was unanimous that Lee Gun was much more likable than the Taiwanese character. 

23 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Oh I like Robbers.  While Chuno got me started into JH, Robber is the one that made me fall completely into him.  He's a jerk all right in the beginning, but he's also cute and has a vulnerability that brings out that something in me.  Though it was a drama that deals with serious issues, it has its comical moments.  And JH is cute when he did all those dancing, in public and also in front of LDH.  And not to mention when he showed off his perfect and musculine body.  That was a real treat for someone who just got interested in him :D 

So that makes us three that like Robbers :) and I agree, Robbers has a lot of nice moments. One of my favorite scenes was the scene in which Oh Joon first finds out about his condition. His acting in that scene was phenomenal- That one long monologue during which his emotions were evolving and changing... really good!

23 hours ago, AgnesO said:

You just made me roll my eyes, lol... but talking about Hwi, I find myself rolling eyes at him more and more, esp in the last 2 episodes.  I don't understand why he must get hurt everytime he fights, and what he has done that made YBW trusts him so much.  Why is he still so soft after going through so much?  And I don't know why, but its pretty annoying to see Hwi and that girl together.  I just can't buy their love line, its so forced.  

That entire show is making me roll my eyes... The contrived ways in which they made Hwi essential for YBW. Nothing is established, everything is being told to us...

• Like 3

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk, a reason to be called the master of historical dramas.

d4d35179-9046-49c7-976c-7774472ed1bb.jpg

For certain, actor Jang Hyuk has met another life character through JTBC's drama "My Country”s Lee Bang-won. He deserves to be called an indisputable master of historical dramas.

First aired on Oct. 4, "My Country" is an action historical drama set in the late Goryeo and early Joseon, in which people pointed their swords at each other over their differing views of "My Country," depicting their desires for power and protection in an explosive manner.

Jang is playing Lee Bang-won in "My Country”, a character with the head of a fox and the heart of a tiger. He founded his country with blood all over his body and removed those loyal to Goryeo, but decided to become king in order to survive under the mask of Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-chul).

In particular, Jang's presence through "My Country" was overwhelming. With his unrivaled charisma, he played the role of Lee Bang-won and filled the screen with his presence. Some even praised him for creating a character that one had never seen before.

In a recent inteview, Jang said on JTBC, "I thank the directors, writers, staff and fellow seniors for helping me express the character Lee Bang-won at different points in time. I think we had a good experience together," he said, adding, "I wanted to express Lee's feelings emotionally, but I'm grateful that I managed to be convincing." I was able to think about the appeal of historical dramas and the various interpretations within them," he said.

Yang Se-jong and Woo Do-hwan also admired Jang's acting ability. At a press conference of "My Country," Yang said, "The day I first acted with Jang remains the most memorable. My heart beat after shooting the scene," Woo Do-hwan said, "Every time I act with Jang Hyuk, I spit 'Wow' out of my mouth several times."

Previously, Jang Hyuk has appeared in various works. Among them, he was called a master of historical dramas when playing Lee Dae-gil in KBS 2TV’s ‘Chuno’, as Kang Chae-yoon in SBS's "Deep-rooted tree" and as Wang So in MBC’s ‘Shine or Go Crazy’.

Jang proved once again to be a master of historical drams as Lee Bang-won of "My Country." The synergies exploded, with sharp action and emotional acting going back and forth between the characters. He also had good co-operations with Kim Young-chul, Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan and Kim Seol-hyeon.

One official said, “Jang's presence in ‘My Country' was so overwhelming. His grasp and control of the screen was also great”.  Another official also stressed that he played Lee Bang-won well enough to be called Jang's life character.

Jang had put in great efforts in order to generate such a heated response. Jang's agency Sidus HQ said, "Jang Hyuk always work hard for any piece of work. On his days off, he will analyze the scripts and characters. I think he agonized a lot this time to express Lee Bang-won differently in order to give audience a different feel from the previous version of Lee Bang-won”.

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2019814

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

21 minutes ago, budgerie said:

We will be "dead" if he is keeping this beard for his new drama :joy:and the straight hairstyle as saw in the 2nd press conf. 

With JH we can never know, ha? I mean, look at what happened in MC- we all loved his hair in MC, for once. So what suddenly happens? His hair style changes to make him look like a homeless person. Or from a Jane Austen book... :joy: It's like JH is fully aware of the hair discussions on this forum, and he's messing with us...

Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine | Jane Austen's WorldImage

• LOL 6

22 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha we (me and @AgnesO) were holding cards with his name, guess he saw that and came to us. But no hugs, there was a barrier between us and beefy security guards around us. 

And we were also screaming when we saw him.  That should made him notice us, haha. That memory is so precious.  Its been so long since I get so excited.  And oh, btw originally he's supposed to be holding my phone, but I gave it up to you.  Nice (or stupid) of me right? B).  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Or the twist could be SH and Hwi team up to kill Bang Won? Seems like Hwi and SH has reconciled and Hwi was seen talking to the King. Ahhh! This is so frustrating. Anyone understood korean language to the preview? If Bang Won is killed...I'm never going to watch any drama written by this writer ever again! So if it is written that BW is killed, the 3 leads prevail, afterall this drama is about the 3 leads so it is suppose to be. 

If BW is killed, koreans will riot. That won’t happen. Worse case is BW kills everyone because that would undo all the “humanization” They did of the character but like all you said, it could go that way, given that real BW was capable of that. 

• Like 3