Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, jhjsw said:

You are not alone. All of us here are like that I guess. First time I saw him was in Windstruck which didn't really catch my attention. I had a crush on him when I saw him in Fated to Love You. And he ruined all other actors for me (including hollywood) when I saw him in Beautiful Mind. Watched almost all of his projects after that including interviews without subtitles :D. And like @azureblue7, whenever I watch dramas or movies without him in it, I always think of him being the lead. Oh well, we just have to wait for My Country. I'm so excited to see him in sageuk once again. 

This is so funny- my JH fan story is very similar to yours- I first saw him in Fated to love me and thought he was great, but I kinda figured it was the writing that allowed him to shine (only later did I found out that he was mostly responsible for the greatness that Lee Gunn was...). And than I saw Beautiful Mind and I was blown away! His portrayal of a character with anti-social disorder was the best I've ever seen, and that is including Dexter and other american shows. This was when I realized JH was something special...
It's even funnier that you mention BM, because just before I tried other non-JH, I re-watched BM (for the fourth time :)  ). After I couldn't stand watching those shows for their lack of JH goodness, I started to watch random episodes of Real Men, to get the taste out, and, embarrassingly, BM again... 
It's good to know I'm not alone here... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is so funny- my JH fan story is very similar to yours- I first saw him in Fated to love me and thought he was great, but I kinda figured it was the writing that allowed him to shine (only later did I found out that he was mostly responsible for the greatness that Lee Gunn was...). And than I saw Beautiful Mind and I was blown away! His portrayal of a character with anti-social disorder was the best I've ever seen, and that is including Dexter and other american shows. This was when I realized JH was something special...
It's even funnier that you mention BM, because just before I tried other non-JH, I re-watched BM (for the fourth time :)  ). After I couldn't stand watching those shows for their lack of JH goodness, I started to watch random episodes of Real Men, to get the taste out, and, embarrassingly, BM again... 
It's good to know I'm not alone here... 

What I love about him is that if he plays a certain character, people will always say that there is no one else that could do better than he did in portraying that character. Unlike other actors, you can imagine others playing the certain role but not for Jang Hyuk. That's what makes him brilliant. I am really glad that the other first choices for lead in BM rejected the role, because no one can play Dr. Lee Young Oh better than him. Plus BM has one of the most amazing character development I've seen in all the dramas I've watched. Now I am thinking of watching it for the 4th time. :D:D:D

 

I hope someone out there will be an angel and do english subtitles for all episodes of Hyukie in Real Men. I am missing a lot. :bawling:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya.. the English subtitles and sometimes even the Chinese subtitles for Real men can be hard to find or non existent. 

 

Doing subtitles is really tedious. I tried subbing parts of them in my IG posts but it took so long for each 1 min clip..cannot imagine 1 hour. Need an expert's help.:sweatingbullets:

 

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes!! He's at the boxing gym! His hair is now long enough to tie..so cute!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@azureblue7notice the boy at the mirror, could it be 1 of his son- I'm guessing...his sons are aged 11 & 10, the boy's size fits the age group. LOL. 

 

@jhjswcan you do chinese? the chinese website bilibili.com has some Real Men with chinese subtitles. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

azureblue7notice the boy at the mirror, could it be 1 of his son- I'm guessing...his sons are aged 11 & 10, the boy's size fits the age group. LOL. 

 

No..very unlikely to be his son. His elder son loves soccer and the younger one is thinner. Haha!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, budgerie said:

 

@jhjswcan you do chinese? the chinese website bilibili.com has some Real Men with chinese subtitles. 

 

Unfortunately, I can't.. :bawling:

That's why I am missing a lot. Because a lot of his variety shows are not subbed in English. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually do you agree he looks more handsome as he aged? Not only handsome but really got that manly appearance. Not that he wasn't handsome/manly before, but his aura now is just.....i don't know how to describe.:wub: He goes to this gymn so often, I wonder is this the gym where he met wife? :rolleyes:

@jhjsw - I know what you mean. There are so many interviews of him I yearn to watch but no subtitles. :wacko:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Actually do you agree he looks more handsome as he aged? Not only handsome but really got that manly appearance. Not that he wasn't handsome/manly before, but his aura now is just.....i don't know how to describe.:wub: He goes to this gymn so often, I wonder is this the gym where he met wife? :rolleyes:

 

Yes! I agree. It is the charisma he exudes now that seems different from that when he was younger. More manly I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@azureblue7You're great! Where did you find these in english subtitle? I watched with chinese subtitle.

 

The one he wore yellow t shirt, if am not wrong, got CTH and KJK as well. Both he & the lady reached the other end first (flying fox game). At that time I thought the lady was trying to "get his attention" ahhahaha! 

 

I like this hairstyle of his, so naturally curly. So ruggedly handsome. Ask what's his flaws? Ask Mrs Jung & a string of it will come out! :lol:

 

Actually if you look at him (then), he really doesn't look like a father with 2 boys. He looked very much available bachelor :blush:Even now, he doesn't look like a father with the eldest 11 years old kid. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, budgerie said:

@azureblue7You're great! Where did you find these in english subtitle? I watched with chinese subtitle.

 

The one he wore yellow t shirt, if am not wrong, got CTH and KJK as well. Both he & the lady reached the other end first (flying fox game). At that time I thought the lady was trying to "get his attention" ahhahaha! 

 

I like this hairstyle of his, so naturally curly. So ruggedly handsome. Ask what's his flaws? Ask Mrs Jung & a string of it will come out! :lol:

 

Actually if you look at him (then), he really doesn't look like a father with 2 boys. He looked very much available bachelor :blush:Even now, he doesn't look like a father with the eldest 11 years old kid. 

A Korea fan, Christine subbed the "Happy Together" clips herself. Such a kind soul! And the clip is so clear!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, AgnesO said:

Same same.... and no matter if he's the lead or not... although I would follow more closely if he's the lead :P

I'm one with you, guys. I totally get you all. I even watched Fisherman and the City without subs and just laughed when they all laughed. I also watched his Running Man and Happy Together guestings a number of times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@azureblue7The 1st clip you posted (he with the interviewer), he also posted a love message to his wife. Similar to WIN WIN. Can you find it in Eng subtitle? I saw it in chinese subtitle. 

 

I like his sense of humour on the earlier clips, his answer to dating his GF for a long time : I didnt hide it, I didn't get caught. :expressionless: 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...