1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I was watching that with a smile and a thought "who does he think he's kidding?! I've seen Dragon club... I've seen him break an egg..." :D

Also- all that free flowing hair while making noodles?!

Its alright the noodles look disastrous.  My focus is on the chef.  With a chef like this, who cares about the taste :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

18 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Its alright the noodles look disastrous.  My focus is on the chef.  With a chef like this, who cares about the taste :love:

They do?! I guess that explains why the moderator is laughing so hard... :D Did he forget to add oil or something? I'm sure JH is trying to bluff his way out of it, saying that it was all planned... He's such a cutie pie! I also love how he tries to keep a straight face, and then bursts out laughing while trying to bluff :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

47 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

They do?! I guess that explains why the moderator is laughing so hard... :D Did he forget to add oil or something? I'm sure JH is trying to bluff his way out of it, saying that it was all planned... He's such a cutie pie! I also love how he tries to keep a straight face, and then bursts out laughing while trying to bluff :rolleyes:

Yeah he always tries to do that and but people know him too well hahahaha. 

all these clips are too cute! I esp love him in the white sweater, feels so laid back and cozy. He was very laidback, so different from the drama intensity we have been seeing of late. Probably because both roles back to back are soooo serious. Next one take a light-hearted or romantic role please, Hyukie! 

Btw does anyone know when is the press con for TMWYS?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Haha! I think so too. The moderator was hitting his own thigh to stop laughing. And Hyuk wanted to add a big bowl of water into his noodles but he stopped. He is sooooo cute:D. I love the speed ball segment too.  I think he wanted to hit it more times and tried it again on the speed ball on the left but he didn't get his rhythm right or something, and he burst out laughing.:wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

42 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yeah he always tries to do that and but people know him too well hahahaha. 

I always wonder if he's serious or not, because he is being so serious, and then his entire body convulses in laughter. His sense of humor is so off-beat, I can never predict where he will go next :)

45 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

all these clips are too cute! I esp love him in the white sweater, feels so laid back and cozy. He was very laidback, so different from the drama intensity we have been seeing of late. Probably because both roles back to back are soooo serious. Next one take a light-hearted or romantic role please, Hyukie! 

I also want a more light hearted role, but the the more I try to watch romantic kdramas, the more I hate them. I finally understand why so many here say they don't like K romantic comedies. By now I've tried watching several shows like "The legend of the blue sea", "Goblin", "Heal me, Kill me" and "Oh my Venus" and I found them all embarrassing and vapid. Most of them I don't finish as It seems like these shows completely lack a plot beyond the initial premise. All they are are episode upon episode of oddball guys with very low sexual drive and dark past behaving like idiots, trying to win over women, that act like little girls and who never seem to know what the guys want-

The guy:"I want to date you!".

The girl (wide eyed and confused):"De?!".

Or

The guy:"I love you!"

The girl (wide eyed and confused):"what did you say?!"

Ugh...

And these shows get high ratings...

I just forced myself to watch "What's wrong with secretary Kim" till the end just to see if I'm exaggerating, and I was shocked by how at a certain point the show simply stopped pretending to have a plot and just became... goo... (and I'm not even gonna get into how the actress was very visibly pulling away from the actor in the kissing scenes...yikes...).

This made me wonder- maybe it's not that JH is not being offered light hearted or romantic roles, maybe it's that he rejects them? I mean FTLY is very different as a romantic comedy. First of all- it had a plot that lasted beyond the two first episodes. Also - MY is maybe naive, but she she never behaved childishly. She maybe is shy, but she does have a sexual drive. When she first wakes up in the hotel in Macao, thinking she had sex with the lawyer, she didn't freak out- she was actually pleased! And she spoke about wanting LG. And LG was maybe an oddball, but unlike other shows, it was acknowledged by people around him in the show.

Even WOL, as much as I disliked it, was different- We know that JH got a lot of freedom with his character there, and as a result it was different in that it wasn't the usual love triangle, but a love pentagram, as the guys also seem to fall in love :). Most comments I read prefer the bromance over the the love story... 

I just hope that maybe the director and writers of FTLY will work with JH again on another project- romantic and emotional...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Biology Lesson I just want to say I agree with you completely on the korean romantic comedy subject. 

Most unnerving thing is the wide eyed expression on the female lead face whenever the ml shows interest. Those open eye kisses being the worse. It is completely unnatural and absurd. This is why I would love him in an adult romantic melodrama with happy ending, with an actress closer to his age so they can have real intimacy, but do adult romance dramas exist in K-entertainment? Like you said, Mi Young was so refreshing as a fl! She was wonderful actually (Jang Nara is wonderful too, she can do naturally cute and believably innocent but also can be mature, intense, deep) 

Ironically, Wok of love writer was responsible for one of my favorite underrated k-dramas, “Miss Korea”, that one actually had two great adult romances, with a female lead that was not the typical. Both ml and fl were very unique and flawed but it was hard not to root for them, and their romance developed in an adult realistic manner. Their kissing was pretty good too (It made me have expectations for WOL)  But she also wrote a very succesful rom-com that I found horrid and couldn’t finish, “Pasta”. Go figure! Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Most unnerving thing is the wide eyed expression on the female lead face whenever the ml shows interest. Those open eye kisses being the worse. It is completely unnatural and absurd. This is why I would love him in an adult romantic melodrama with happy ending, with an actress closer to his age so they can have real intimacy, but do adult romance dramas exist in K-entertainment? Like you said, Mi Young was so refreshing as a fl! She was wonderful actually (Jang Nara is wonderful too, she can do naturally cute and believably innocent but also can be mature, intense, deep) 

Oh god! I know! That constant bright, wide eyed, innocent expression on the face of the female lead! It makes me gag! I really can't take it. And since they are like little girls, the writers make them treat sex like candy. This makes the shows so not sexy. More cringey... But don't forget the guys behaving completely unrealistically, like they are aliens pretending to be humans...  

I guess the fact that my first Kdrama ever was FTLY created unrealistic views of romantic kdramas in me... Also, the fact that JH and JNR were the first korean actors I've ever seen also deluded me. It was a trap! :) But such a sweet trap...

It's interesting that you are talking about mature romance drama, cause I know that when JH was first cast for FTLY, his casting was criticized as he was "too old" at 38, so I guess there isn't a genre like that, especially seeing his contemporaries do the the standard romantic comedies...

Makes me wonder what will JH next project will be. I hope he won't settle for something like WOL again...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Ironically, Wok of love writer was responsible for one of my favorite underrated k-dramas, “Miss Korea”, that one actually had two great adult romances, with a female lead that was not the typical. Both ml and fl were very unique and flawed but it was hard not to root for them, and their romance developed in an adult realistic manner. Their kissing was pretty good too (It made me have expectations for WOL)  But she also wrote a very succesful rom-com that I found horrid and couldn’t finish, “Pasta”. Go figure! Lol

I absolutely agree with this. I had high expectations with WOL since she wrote Miss Korea, one of my favorite dramas. But WOL was such a disaster, it was so disappointing. 

Have you guys watched The Fiery Priest? I watched it to calm myself from all this Hyukie obsession. LOL. While watching it I kept on thinking that maybe this is the type of action comedy Hyukie was looking for when he did WOL. I mean, I also love Kim Nam GIl and he did amazing in this drama. But as a Hyukie fan, I can't help but think about him doing all those comedic and action scenes . Plus the drama has it all, comedy, action, drama, character development, except for romance and I thank the writer for that. I watched it with a friend and she said "why was Jang Hyuk not casted for this role? He would have been a perfect fit". I just told her that he was busy preparing to be the King of Joseon. :D

So in summary, I wanted to watch something without Hyukie in it, but still ended up wanting him on my screen. :huh:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@jhjsw I watched The Fiery Priest, I like KNG too but honestly this drama wasn’t my cup of tea at all. I found the melodramatic aspects too dramatic, and the comedic aspects too loud and obnoxious for my taste. I only laughed at a few scenes. But I know I’m in the minority as this drama was very successful. I do wish Jang Hyuk starred in a drama that has that much success but I would prefer something a bit more subtle. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

I absolutely agree with this. I had high expectations with WOL since she wrote Miss Korea, one of my favorite dramas. But WOL was such a disaster, it was so disappointing. 

Have you guys watched The Fiery Priest? I watched it to calm myself from all this Hyukie obsession. LOL. While watching it I kept on thinking that maybe this is the type of action comedy Hyukie was looking for when he did WOL. I mean, I also love Kim Nam GIl and he did amazing in this drama. But as a Hyukie fan, I can't help but think about him doing all those comedic and action scenes . Plus the drama has it all, comedy, action, drama, character development, except for romance and I thank the writer for that. I watched it with a friend and she said "why was Jang Hyuk not casted for this role? He would have been a perfect fit". I just told her that he was busy preparing to be the King of Joseon. :D

So in summary, I wanted to watch something without Hyukie in it, but still ended up wanting him on my screen. :huh:

Yes, saw Fiery Priest and also love KNG.  I think we sort of have a convo about it a few weeks ago when they won all those awards.  Since I like them both I feel a little conflicted to switch ML to JH.  Although, I think it would be cool for them to be in a drama together.

@dramafan33 Yea, while I like KNG and watching it relieve stress, I'm not sure if that was really my style of comedy or to have whole series on that note.  I wonder if they will tone it down a bit for season 2.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@jhjsw I watched The Fiery Priest, I like KNG too but honestly this drama wasn’t my cup of tea at all. I found the melodramatic aspects too dramatic, and the comedic aspects too loud and obnoxious for my taste. I only laughed at a few scenes. But I know I’m in the minority as this drama was very successful. I do wish Jang Hyuk starred in a drama that has that much success but I would prefer something a bit more subtle. 

3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Yes, saw Fiery Priest and also love KNG.  I think we sort of have a convo about it a few weeks ago when they won all those awards.  Since I like them both I feel a little conflicted to switch ML to JH.  Although, I think it would be cool for them to be in a drama together.

@dramafan33 Yea, while I like KNG and watching it relieve stress, I'm not sure if that was really my style of comedy or to have whole series on that note.  I wonder if they will tone it down a bit for season 2.  

I liked the drama as a whole mostly because of the action scenes and KNG. I was imagining Hyukie doing KNG's flying kicks and I was on cloud 9.  :D But it does not seem like JH will be doing a lot of action in his new drama based on his character description. Or maybe I missed something. 

Found this comment on a website for kdramas under Tell Me What You Saw page. Everytime JH has a drama coming out, we always see comments like this:

JangHyuk pls come back again in voice 4..we really need you bcos the villain is still alive.

:D:D:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Yeah, some time ago we commented about the level of over acting and bad acting in it, especially by Lee Ha-Nee- she was cringe inducing! I think the subject came up when someone said that they didn't like the comedy in BM, and I gave TFP as an example of a show with really exaggerate and over the top comedy. The show was watchable (unlike most romantic comedies that I end up stopping midway) and KNG was charming enough, but the show itself felt very formulaic, most certainly not deserving of any award in my opinion, but what do I know...

I do wish for JH do a show with high ratings, but not if it means doing an empty show. More than ratings I want to see JH bring to life a complex character in a good story...

• Like 2