8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I meant that you must be joking about writers not knowing what his character’s state is. I guess you are not but thats not a good thing. They need to know! Otherwise there will be a disconnect and that is not something to celebrate but to worry about. Tbh I don’t like it when actors do that (I remember a case of a mexican actor who was very good, but somehow turned into a diva and he brought his own personal director to the set, his acting suffered due to him slowly getting too big for his own good and stopped listening to others. Now we know JH is not a diva and cares too much about the overall product to do something that arrogant and dumb) I like the story about the fan but Im not going to deny that it worries me a little, him going rogue like that can also backfire. The use of props and gimmicks, its cool and fun, but it can also turn the characterization into a cartoon. Thats why you need a smart PD and good writers, to balance things out. MCs writer might’ve been questionable but I believe the PD was pretty good. Also, like you said before, since he wasn’t a “lead” technically, that probably gave him a bit more freedom (ironically) but now he will be made responsible for “carrying” the drama (as the lead actor, he will be made responsible by the public, its always the case) so whatever he comes up with, better work and better be in synch with the other creators. 

btw, this reminded me of when JH said that he owed Jang Nara and her subtle and beautiful characterization of Mi Young a lot because it allowed him to go all out with Lee Gun, he could do all sorts of crazy stuff while she was the one who grounded everything and  both characters balanced each other quite well. 

Well, since this is not the first time JH is doing this, including using props and quirks, and since every time he did it it improved the show greatly, I personally am not concerned about JH asserting himself on set. I agree that not every actor can do that, but this is why I am a fan of JH- to me he is unique in the way he handles himself on set and in the way he designs his characters. His main concern is not his own glory, but the benefit of the project, and that makes him a very rare character in show business. We know he also did it in Chuno and FTLY to the great benefit of those shows. JH said he agonizes about every movement of his character, every expression, so even when using gimmicks it's not without thought. For instance, we know that Lee Gun's laughter could have ended making the character into a cartoon, but instead it was used to express LG's anxiety. It was genius! 

As to Mi Young- didn't Jang Nara say that JH was responsible for 50% of her character? :) 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Another JH appearance in a show, without him really being there... :) This time it's his friend. Can anyone say what's going on here?

Hmm not very sure but seems like an impersonation. Because after that Ki Seop (his friend) was also impersonating Lee Sun Kyun (another famous actor). 

• Like 2

This clip is interesting, cause it shows JH is trying to understand his character on set. In Dragon club, we saw him doing this on the trip as he was reading the script for Money flower, days before filming even started... I guess here JH didn't have time to do this before, so he had no choice but to do it on set. I guess this also what happened with WOL... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

To all chinese fans here and to JH & his family too - happy chinese new year! 新年快乐,事事如意,健康平安。:)

Happy Lunar New Year to all of you who are celebrating too! 

Do Koreans celebrate this? or do they celebrate 1 January instead? Haha. 

Btw, it's been rather quiet here lately. Can't wait for more action to take place (and also in the TMWYS forum) when JH show starts! only 9 more days to go wow!!! Let's hope for the best for him in this drama outing :) 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

It’s private! :( is JH in the video too? Can someone describe what happened? 

Yes he is. Its cute! Ugh! I hope someone can repost it. This is from his actor friend in the drama. Apparently he recently made his account private :(

Well basically, Its the cast saying hi to the camera, his friend made JH say something to the camera and Sooyoung jumped playfully behind them. Just a short funny moment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1