♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

jiji0203 said:

extremely disappointed at Baeksang's nominees list. Our Jiwonnie and most of the EK cast are not nominated for any important awards. HJW is only nominated for popularity actress and Baek Jin Hee for new female actress. Seems like Baeksang is boycotting EK this year due to the history distortion controversy. This is truly unfair for all the actors/actresses who have been working so hard and acting so well, esp our Jiwonnie who actually has the biggest chance of winning the Daesang. Now, she isn't even nominated for Best actress.

reminds me of the 2009 Daejong controversy

:(

Unbelievable, they are going to give her the Popularity award because they are to chicken to give her the Daesang! She was seriously the best out of all of them, her character was the most versatile and was the hardest to play.

I've never watched Baeksang before and now for them to exclude HJW from even being nominated for best actress just make me really upset. I've come to admire HJW even more thru EK because it's such a hard character to play. In crying scenes, she cries without even blinking and her facial expression is so convincing.

Fine, I will never ever watch that award show then.

jiji0203 said: I've never watched Baeksang before and now for them to exclude HJW from even being nominated for best actress just make me really upset. I've come to admire HJW even more thru EK because it's such a hard character to play. In crying scenes, she cries without even blinking and her facial expression is so convincing. Fine, I will never ever watch that award show then.

So only BJH made the cut? I guess playing a villain did pay, but seriously? Forget LBY or JJH, but Go Ara??? Yes, the girl did prove that she wasn't just a pretty face and improved her acting, but not enough for me to get best actress nod over HJW. You know what? Whatever then. That's some BS :))

The BS nominations are utterly disappointing!  I was so hoping that she'd at least get a nomination, if not for Daesang then at least best actress.  I wonder who the heck are the people who decides who is to put on the nomination list.
How can they put 2 out of the 3 stations Daesang award winners in their nomination list and skip the 3rd one?  WTH!

It's like first they release 'rumours' of HJW's potential appearance at the awards to bring up the fans hopes, then they don't give her a nomination.
I hope HJW agrees to go, then backs out last minute.  This way they'll try to give her the popularity award.  Actually, the popularity award is based on fan votes anyway, so I hope HJW just don't waste her time showing up.  Let them announce her name and have someone else collect the award for her on behalf of the fans who support her.

I agree. I hope she doesn't go. She's too good for them if they can't appreciate fine acting they can stuff their award where the sun don't shine.

I have a cold right now and this is aggravating my cough, I have the urge to cough in an envelop and send it to them to show my displeasure.

there is something I'm curious about.

@pegster must you be nominated in best actor or best actress to be eligible for the daesang? or is that a different nomination list altogether?

pegster said: I'm not familiar with the award, but I heard on Baidu that you do need to be nominated for best actress/actor to contend for the Daesang award, similar to the Drama Awards.
Someone posted this on Baidu, not sure if it's real.
Reporter: Why was one of the hot contenders, Ha Ji Won of Empress Ki, not nominated in the best actress award?Response: Because Ha Ji Won acted as a male lead for part of the drama, therefore for the votes for her nomination under the best actor and best actress category were split.
If this is real, this has got to be the most retarded excuse ever!!!
It was kind of like the Dae Jong Awards back in 2009.  Their excuse for not giving her a best actress nomination was because her votes were split between Haundae and Closer to Heaven.  WTH??
It's as if HJW has this curse of the awards, for some odd reason the organizers like to leave her out even though everyone else thinks she's more than deserving of it!

I don't know about others in here, but I am so upset right now!! Oh wait...I already kind of expressed that earlier right?
All I want to do is curse at the BS organizers right now.  What a way to dismiss Jiwonnie's hard word and efforts she's put in for the last 8+ months on this project.  It's not even as if she got bad reviews on her acting for this, she's been constantly complimented and praised for her acting in EK.  I've even read articles saying how the only thing saving EK was HJW's acting.  WTF BS!!!!!  
I swear, why are these award organizers so backwards thinking?  Can't they learn from the more superior award shows like the Golden Globes, Oscars, etc...Who gives a crap about what the story is about.  If the audience has a good reaction to it, and the acting is good, then it deserves to recognized.
I know Jiwonnie has mentioned many times that awards are not a big deal to her, but still, imagine what she must think, that her hard work is being ignored.  Then what happens later?  She might even have to start responding to questions on how she feels about being omitted from the nominations.  
Urgh, urgh, urgh!!!!  
I'm going to take a shower to calm down.  

pegster said: I swear, why are these award organizers so backwards thinking?  Can't they learn from the more superior award shows like the Golden Globes, Oscars, etc...Who gives a crap about what the story is about.  If the audience has a good reaction to it, and the acting is good, then it deserves to recognized.

@cunn yeay! lets be friend dear :-h  . I am really happy and excited to have a new friend like u and get to know u.  ^_^ 
However....
I am really angry with the news about HJW not being nominated in Baeksang Awards, n I still can feel calm about it since everyone is feeling the same and complaining about it :-L. However, I'm getting angrier n going to explode with the reason that they gave us. Is the reason really valid and acceptable? Really? I can't believe it  X(  :-O. Is not that she change her actual gender during the drama, she still a woman, that's why it was called 'acting'. Although she acted as a man (n seriously she acted as a male not even for a quarter of the whole episodes), but she still a woman. That's why she supposed to be one of the nominees and even the winner of best actress and Daesang, because she can act like that n none of the other actress has the capabilities of doing the same thing or even better. What is this? Is it a joke? Whats wrong with them? are they really hate HJW? That is the most ridiculous and unreasonable reason that I've ever heard  ~X( 
Can HJW's korean fans boycott the awards and show them our dissatisfaction? This is really unfair to HJW of course and us who really want to see her get the awards and being appreciated for her hardwork. I believe, HJW will never comment about this because she is so kind.
Please someone make me calm, since I am studying right now and cannot focus on the subject . :(