♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest im_nyuna

Although you guys probably won't be going anywhere, I feel like I should say goodbye for some reason. After EK, we won't see our HJW's face for awhile... for our own good, I hope she chooses a less dramatic drama. My heart can't take it anymore lol. I didn't even watch the last two episodes yet, but spoilers are making me get EK withdrawals already. 

I think its because unlike Damo or WHIB where we watched in one sitting (well I did) EK was a long long long journey that we had all traveled together and now that we've reach the end, we can't bring ourselves to let go.

I think this is one of HJW's saddest ending, wherein she loses almost everyone she loves and both countries. Gosh...now i'm crying again.

I think it might be because SN is the sole survivor (not including Ayu) in EK, whereas in both Damo and WHIB, she died with her male leads.
If SN had died like Chae Ok and Soo Jung, then we know that's the end of her miseries, and there's closure.  The problem with SN being the only survivor is that you know she's going to continue to suffer, but you don't really know what's going to happen with her life.  
After 51 episodes, it feels as if you know SN personally.  I get sad when she gets sad, I'm happy when she's happy.  You're so consumed with her character that you start to care for her even though you know she's fake.

"Empress Qi" Ha Ji-won cries over the end of the drama

10257164_633340956754565_998396265870882

Ha Ji-won posted on her Facebook, "I am grateful for those who watched "Empress Qi"". Ki Seung-nyang cried over the dead body of her lover Ta Hwan in the final episode.

Ha Ji-won said, "We finished filming this morning and I returned to the dressing room to put down my costume and crown. Facing the staff I've worked with for 9 months made me cry. We just cried without saying anything".

"We had to fight with the cold and went through a lot of tough times, but never once did the smile fade from their faces. The energy from them is what made this drama".

"This drama was very special to me. I became a rookie and started all over again. I was worried about the details, so much I would've bothered some staff. "Empress Qi" was a worrisome and anxious attempt. That's why it needed more passion. It was one of the toughest and saddest dramas I've ever had to do. I realized that as time passed and I couldn't stop my eyes from getting watery. I understood 'her'".

"Ji-won dreams of another time travel after a great one. Thank you, for traveling on this one with Ki Seung-nyang".

http://www.hancinema.net/empress-qi-ha-ji-won-cries-over-the-end-of-the-drama--68694.html#.U2Ccr2TpkYw.twitter

Hi everyone....I am a lurker of the thread. I have been a fan of Ha Ji Won from the time she acted in "What Happened in Bali", however, I never managed to watch Damo.
I do feel bad that she didn't get nominated for Empress Ki. An actress of her calibre being left out is frustrating and saddening. But I am awaiting for her next movie which is "Chronicles of a Blood Merchant". Hoping for the best! Cheers to everyone!

Guest larabn

OMO did I say before that I love her voice so much
so cute and girly, hearing it, I would have gave her a ery very young age
It's so soft hehe specially in the end of that yogurt CF
Gosh!!! here comes my withdrawl of even downloading her CF's to keep myself busy with all her stuff
and I will go watch SeGa now to cure these symptoms
I 'm so looking forward to Chronicles of a blood merchant, and I really hope it turns out to be a great movie for her

From Baidu EKmy sunshine~~恭喜杀青~~你比花还要美~~我们爱你,还要谢谢你~~!!!日月公司工作人员呈上的鲜花!!!rough trans : My sunshine~~congratulation for the wraped up~~you are more beautyful than flowers.We love you but also thank you~~!!!Haewadal staff........ (i dont get the last part)

posted by 娜米心心

Thanks to Amazing Couple

brgK0t.jpg

Libera said:

From Baidu EKmy sunshine~~恭喜杀青~~你比花还要美~~我们爱你,还要谢谢你~~!!!日月公司工作人员呈上的鲜花!!!rough trans : My sunshine~~congratulation for the wraped up~~you are more beautyful than flowers.We love you but also thank you~~!!!Haewadal staff........ (i dont get the last part)

posted by 娜米心心

Thanks to Amazing Couple

The Ending Of "Empress Ki" Brought Viewers And Ha Ji Won To Tears

And so it ended. "Empress Ki' did not quite reach the anticipated 30 percent in the ratings but what it accomplished was quite significant. The 51st episode did reach 28.7 percent in the ratings, but more importantly the drama remained first in its time slot for the duration and the plot's pacing was intensely involving.

When the drama ended, Seungnyang, played by Ha Ji Won, triumphed but at an unimaginable cost. In the final episode the last of her enemies were defeated but for the second time a man she loved died because of his efforts to protect her. Ta Hwan, played by Ji Chang Wook, learned of the plot to kill her that was staged by the Empress Dowager, played by Kim Seo Hyung, and Golta, played by Jo Jae Yoon.

Not only did they die but so did her ally Tal Tal, played by Jin Yi Han, and finally the emperor. As he lay dying she asked if he wanted to ride out into the fields with her. He told her that he would do anything for her. The two confessed their love for each other before he died, poisoned by the very retainer he trusted.

Not only did viewers cry when the final episode ended. So did Ha Ji Won and the other members of the cast.

"We finished filming this morning and I returned to the dressing room to put down my costume and crown," said Ha Ji Won. "When I faced the cast and crew that I worked with for nine months it made me cry. We just cried without saying anything."

Nine months is a long time to work together on a drama. The cast and crew began working in the sweltering heat last August and worked through a long hard winter.

"We went through a lot of tough times, but never once did the smile fade from their faces," she said. "The energy they radiated is what made this drama."

The drama was very special to her and she admits to worrying about every detail of her portrayal.

"It was one of the toughest and saddest dramas I ever had to do," she said. "I realized that as time passed and I couldn't stop my eyes from watering, that I understood her."

And thanks to her performance, so did viewers.

"I am so grateful to everyone who watched the drama," she said.

Although the actress has said that it will be difficult to let go of Seungnyang, whom she has lived with for the past nine months, she will only take a short break before moving on to her next project, the film "Chronicles of a Blood Merchant."

empress-ki.jpg?w=600

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20806/20140430/the-ending-of-empress-ki-brought-viewers-and-ha-ji-won-to-tears.htm

:-h

As I slowly go through withdrawal from EK I am watching Secret Garden again. HJW can do anything in acting well. Comedy, drama, action, she can do it all. Her talent is so large and it seems to expand with every new project. She has chemistry with every male lead. How does she do that? What a phenomenal actress!

I am looking forward to her next role-after she gets some rest that is. @JezzaG  that wardrobe post is fabulous!

Guest larabn

Thanks guys for all the articles, videos and pics :)

I'm happy she will have a break even it it is a short one, she really needs it after all that hard work, I wish she would sleep more in this break and have fun before she moves on to her next project.

@kdramaadt
I love your new Avatar BTW!!! It's so cool, My badass HJW :) I was contemplating between watching SeGa and TK2H or maybe both :P