❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Ji Sung Plays The Doting Father Even When He’s Off-Camera While Filming “Defendant”

Ji-Sung-Shin-Rin-Ah.jpg

i Sung and Shin Rin Ah may just be acting as father and daughter in the hit SBS drama “Defendant,” but their familial affection is just as apparent off-screen!

The production team recently shared some adorable behind-the-scene shots of the pair on February 27.

The actors look playful as Ji Sung gives Shin Rin Ah a piggyback ride and lets her stand on his feet. In another photo, the young actress looks on as Ji Sung gets special effects makeup done to mimic an injury.

Ji Sung Shin Rin Ah 1Ji Sung Shin Rin Ah 2

Ji Sung Shin Rin Ah 4Ji Sung Shin Rin Ah 3

The drama’s producers reportedly revealed that Ji Sung, worried she might feel exhausted, will constantly make sure that Shin Rin Ah was in good condition and health on set. He usually stays close by as much as his busy filming schedule will allow, just like a real father.

“Defendant” airs every Monday and Tuesday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Defendant" Exclusively on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

“Defendant” Celebrates Ji Sung’s Birthday With Bonus Behind-The-Scenes Stills

Ji-Sung1.jpg

On February 27, SBS prepared a little surprise for fans of Ji Sung and “Defendant.”

They posted on Facebook, “Today is Ji Sung’s birthday! Happy birthday!” and included a behind-the-scenes photo of “Defendant’s” star in a birthday hat, as well as some bonus stills of his character, Park Jung Woo, dressed in a suit.

Ji Sung DefendantDefendant Ji Sung

Although the stills were taken behind-the-scenes, the birthday hat was actually for a scene in which Park Jung Woo attends a birthday party for his daughter Ha Yeon (Shin Lin Ah) in “Defendant.”

“Defendant” is currently the drama with the highest viewership ratings in its time slot, recently clocking over 22 percent.

“Defendant” airs every Monday and Tuesday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Defendant" Exclusively on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

"Defendant" Woo Hyeon's twist saves Ji Sung

photo824174.jpg

Woo Hyeon's unexpected past saved Ji Sung.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Defendant", Park Jeong-woo (Ji Sung) got himself caught by Cha Min-ho (Eom Gi-joon) to save his daughter Park Ha-yeon (Sin Rin-ah).

Jeong-woo tried running away with Lee Seong-gyu (Kim Min-seok) and Park Ha-yeon, but when things turned out difficult, he got himself caught to send Seong-gyu and Ha-yeon away safely. Park Jeong-woo fell down and Cha Min-ho said, "The guards think you're under surgery. Be good or you will get caught trying to escape from prison. Why am I doing this? We promised to have a match to find Ha-yeon remember? It's no fun if you do it alone".

Jeong-woo couldn't even get his surgery and returned to his cell. He asked his doctor Kim Seon-hwa (Suh Jung-yeon) to operate on him but she said, "I can't do this operation. There was someone who can among the inmates". The inmate she thought of was Mil-yang (Woo Hyeon) who had been in jail for 20 years.

Kim Seon-hwa went to Mil-yang and said, "I need a surgeon. Please help me doctor". Mil-yang hesitated when he saw Jeong-woo because he hadn't operated in such a long time. Seon-hwa volunteered to help and they both operated on Park Jeong-woo successfully.

Mil-yang's surprising past saved Jeong-woo's life. The next day, Cha Min-ho told the guards that Jeong-woo tried to escape and didn't get operated, but the guard checked him and saw that he'd received his operation.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 3

Lurking over here as i am also watching Defendant. One of my all time favourite actors is Ji Sung. My 1st drama back then save the last dance....Liked this drama - defendant very much. Very intense and every episode is like cliff hanger.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, salad71 said:

Lurking over here as i am also watching Defendant. One of my all time favourite actors is Ji Sung. My 1st drama back then save the last dance....Liked this drama - defendant very much. Very intense and every episode is like cliff hanger.

Hi salad, that was also my 1st K-drama before I got into K-pop & JS was the 1st K-actor that I adore because of this. Love this drama, too. :lol:

Birthday Scene In “Defendant” Written To Celebrate Ji Sung’s Actual Birthday

ji-sung-defendant1.jpg

In the 11th episode of “Defendant,” which aired on February 27, Ji Sung’s character was surprised by his cellmates, who celebrated his birthday with him. His cellmates said, “Your birthday was last week, right? We were going to celebrate your birthday next year instead but, since you’re leaving soon, we decided to do something for you now. We hope you find your daughter and the real criminal as well.” Although the cake was put together haphazardly, Ji Sung’s character was still very moved by their efforts.

201702281535771763_58b523bd027f8

Even more touching is the fact that February 27 was Ji Sung’s actual birthday and the writers of “Defendant” decided to put in the birthday scene in order to celebrate the hardworking actor’s birthday.

A representative stated, “Since the shoot took place two weeks before the broadcast, most of the actors didn’t realize they were filming a scene that was meant to celebrate Ji Sung’s actual birthday.”

The representative continued, “Yesterday, all of the actors and staff members of the drama celebrated Ji Sung’s birthday with a cake. Since he’s so busy with his shooting schedule and doesn’t have a lot of time for himself, Ji Sung was very touched by their actions.”

“Defendant” airs every Monday and Tuesday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!

Watch "Defendant" Exclusively on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

"Defendant" Kang Seong-min decides to help Ji Sung, "Kill Eom Gi-joon"

photo824629.jpg

Kang Seong-min is helping Ji Sung.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Defendant", Yoon Tae-soo (Kang Seong-min) found out Park Jeong-woo (Ji Sung) had tried to escape.

Instead of interrogating Park Jeong-woo, he said, "I saw Ha-yeon's pictures. Did you meet her at the hospital? Why did you hide that from me? Tell me what happened".

Park Jeong-woo said, "Someone came to the house that day. Yoon Tae-soo said, "I will kill Cha Min-ho (Eom Gi-joon)". Jeong-woo apologized by saying, "If we move too quickly, Ha-yeon will be in danger and I'm sorry that I couldn't protect Ji-soo".

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

• Like 2

Watch: Ji Sung and “Defendant” Actors Are All Smiles In Blooper Clip

ji-sung.jpg

Recently, actor Ji Sung uploaded a short video clip to his personal Instagram that demonstrated the chummy atmosphere on the set of SBS’s “Defendant.”

The posted video showed part of a scene from episode 11 in which Ji Sung, Jo Jae Yoon, and Oh Dae Hwan’s characters are in the midst of a serious discussion. After Ji Sung delivers his line in a very sincere manner, Oh Dae Hwan makes an extremely comical face at the two other actors. This causes all three actors to burst out laughing, causing a blooper of the scene.

The cast and crew of “Defendant” have continued to show how close they are over the course of the drama’s broadcast. Recently, it was revealed that the writers of “Defendant” wrote in the birthday scene to celebrate actor Ji Sung’s actual birthday. Furthermore, behind-the-scenes photos showed the familial affection, even off-camera, between Ji Sung and Shin Rin Ah, the child actress playing his daughter in the drama.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

What to watch: The best, worst shows on Korean TV today

‘Good Manager’ offers vicarious satisfaction, while ‘Defendent’ has viewers transfixed

A slew of entertaining shows have hit the small screens recently, featuring familiar themes and characters -- the hierarchy of the Korean office and wealthy, psychopathic villains -- but with new twists.

Several once much-hyped series, meanwhile, are proving to be less engaging despite their star-studded casts.

Also noteworthy is that the most popular shows at the moment do not center on romance, unlike recent hits such as “Descendants of the Sun” and “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” that focused on whirlwind love stories.

The following is a list of recent shows, all also available to international viewers on streaming sites. 

20170228001023_0.jpg
Ji Sung (left) and Um Ki-joon star in "Defendant." (SBS)

20170228001024_0.jpg
Ji Sung stars in "Defendant." (SBS)

‘Defendant,’ a tense chase into memory

The thriller is led by Ji Sung. He plays prosecutor Park Jung-woo, who enjoys a reputation for never failing to convict. He wakes up one day horror-struck to find himself inside a prison cell after four months have slipped by and been erased from his memory. He is now on death row, convicted for his wife’s murder and abandonment of his daughter.

“Defendant” traces Park’s struggle to regain his memory and clear his name. His chief suspect is the psychopathic chaebol head Cha Min-ho, played by Um Ki-joon, who is shown killing a woman simply for rejecting his advances. Cha goes on to murder his twin brother, stages it as his own suicide, and begins to impersonate his well-reputed sibling.

The story of revenge might be far from novel, but “Defendant” offers a narrative charged with suspense and excellent acting.

Airs on SBS on Mondays and Tuesdays. Available on Viki. Directed by Jo Young-kwang, written by Choi Soo-jin.

Highlights: Both Ji and Um deliver powerful and chilling performances as a determined but emotionally wrecked prosecutor and a deranged mogul. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

Cast And Crew Of “Defendant” To Go On Vacation Together

Defendant-family.jpg

On March 3, SBS stated, “It has been confirmed that [the cast and crew of] ‘Defendant’ will be going on a vacation together. They will be traveling to Okinawa from March 22 to March 26.”

The statement continued, “Actor Ji Sung really pushed for everyone, which included all staff members from the crew, to be able to go on vacation together because he felt that everyone had worked very hard for the drama.”

SBS’s “Defendant” broke the 20 percent ratings mark a couple of weeks ago and continues to maintain its popularity amongst viewers. Most recently, actor Ji Sung posted a short blooper clip from the drama, demonstrating his chemistry with his fellow cast members.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 27-Mar. 5, 2017

It’s tough to compete against Defendant, which again broke its own records by reaching 23.3% this week, though it dropped just a fraction for its even episode.

Monday, Feb. 27      
Perfect Wife 1 KBS 3.9%
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 9 MBC 11.7%
Defendant 11 SBS 23.3%
Introverted Boss 11 tvN 1.7%
Tuesday, Feb. 28      
Perfect Wife 2 KBS 4.9%
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 10 MBC 12.5%
Defendant 12 SBS 22.9%
Introverted Boss 12 tvN 1.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-27-mar-5-2017/

• Like 2

until the end

sane-e1488905152232.png

Ah. So the edgy, electrifying score that underscores Defendant is an actual song and OST named Until The End, by San E. It fits the narrative of the drama perfectly and I love the rap. I pumped my fist in victory while watching Episode 14 when Jung Woo harrowingly turned the tables on Cha Min Ho and his useless, faithless, disloyal best friend by turning up with his never-dead daughter. The public and media will crucify the ambitious prosecutor for sending an innocent man to jail and getting everything so wrong. The worst being obstructing instead of upholding justice. The two men know that Jung Woo is utterly dangerous now when he is doing what he does best – hunting down the truth and true crimimals. YAY for the good guys!!!! Finally.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/until-the-end/

• Like 2

*** Awww........... I love this couple. JS is so sweet towards her. They're just  so adorable! :lol:

Ji Sung And Lee Bo Young Revealed To Show Their Love For Each Other In A Way Only Actors Can

Ji_Sung_Lee_Bo_Young.png

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young are definitely married couple goals!

Lee Myung Woo, the PD of the SBS drama “Whisper,” met with reporters on March 8 and revealed something special about the couple.

According to him, “Defendant” star Ji Sung often visits Lee Bo Young on set because he wants to see her. This is because the set of “Whisper” is very close to the set of “Defendant,” and the leading lady of the new drama is none other than Lee Bo Young.

Whenever he comes over, the actress will tell him, “Go, go. Director, please stop him from coming anymore,” but her smile gives away the fact that she enjoys his presence.

However, she apparently visits his set just as often so she can monitor his acting and give him her opinion.

Regarding this, Lee Myung Woo laughed and said, “They just keep going back and forth between each other’s sets.”

“Whisper” will premiere on March 27. “Defendant” is currently airing every Monday and Tuesday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Defendant" Exclusively on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

'Defendant' holds onto No. 1 spot, 'Ms. Perfect' drags behind

SBS TV's crime thriller "Defendant" held steadfast to its lead in the Monday-Tuesday late night television drama race, while Ko So-young's comeback series "Ms. Perfect" lagged far behind, data showed Wednesday.

Tuesday night's 12th episode of "Defendant" recorded 24.9 percent viewership, according to Nielsen Korea, reaching a new high for the series. 

20170308001112_0.jpg

Promotional image for SBS TV series "Defendant" (Yonhap)

MBC TV's "Rebel: A Thief Who Stole The People" raked in 10.5 percent, seeing a small up-tick from Monday, while episode four of KBS 2TV's "Ms. Perfect," aired during the same time slot, stood at 4.9 percent, down 0.2 percentage points from the previous broadcast.

In "Defendant," Ji Sung takes on the role of Park Jung-woo, a former prosecutor who is framed for murdering his family and is now a death row inmate.

The series, directed by Cho Young-kwang and penned by Choi Soo-jin, has pulled in viewers from the beginning, kicking off with a whopping 14.5-percent rating in its premier and has risen above the 20-percent mark since episode seven.

Main protagonist Park suffers from memory loss and is unaware of how he ended up in prison. While in prison, he tries to unravel a conspiracy in the face of mounting odds.

Um Ki-joon is cast as the antagonist, the mastermind behind Park's demise and a psychopath who kills his twin CEO brother and assumes his family and life. Yuri of idol group Girls' Generation plays the public defender who aids Park.

In the latest episode, Ji's character escapes from prison and meets up with his missing daughter, who was known to have been murdered by Park. SBS TV has added two more episodes to the initially 16-part series due to strong demand. (Yonhap)

• Like 3

Every single episodes leaves you hanging.....i looked forward to the ending. Both JiSung and Um Joon-Ki put on their best play.... JiSung does his acting well and very naturally into the character whereas Joon-Ki, you hate him but you keep wanting to see what is his next move. Personally i think this drama should secure Best KDrama for the year.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, salad71 said:

Every single episodes leaves you hanging.....i looked forward to the ending. Both JiSung and Um Joon-Ki put on their best play.... JiSung does his acting well and very naturally into the character whereas Joon-Ki, you hate him but you keep wanting to see what is his next move. Personally i think this drama should secure Best KDrama for the year.

Hi salad, I couldn't agree with you more - :lol:

*** According to Nielsen Korea, "Defendant" rated 27.0% last night, March 20th EP. This is a 1.6% increase compared to the last episode and another record breaker. "Defendant" has one more episode to go. :tongue:

"Defendant" Ji Sung gets Uhm Ki-joon arrested

photo831201.jpg

Uhm Ki-joon started falling.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Defendant", everyone held hands to bring Cha Min-ho down.

Park Jeong-woo (Ji Sung) conciliated Cha Min-ho's right hand man (Oh Seung-hoon) and made him betray Cha Min-ho. He was a step closer to the Jennifer Lee murder.

Kang Joon-hyeok (Oh Chang-seok), Cha Min-ho's hands and feet, started to feel anxious. Kang Joon-hyeok felt guilty after getting a call from Park Ha-yeon (Sin Rin-ah). In the end, Kang Joon-hyeok decided to stand on Park Jeong-woo's side.

Meanwhile, Park Jeong-woo was drawing a bigger picture. When he was with Choi Dae-hong (Park Ho-san) and Ko Dong-yoon (Lee Sin-seong), he said, "I am going to put Cha Min-ho who killed Cha Seon-ho on trial. There is one person who can prove that he is Cha Min-ho.

He met Na Yeon-hee (Eom Hyeon-kyeong) and asked about Cha Min-ho. Park Jeong-woo said, "Cha Min-ho killed my wife. I want Cha Min-ho to be questioned in court. To do that I have to prove that Cha Min-ho is living as Cha Seon-ho. Isn't it important how a child remembers her father?"

However, Cha Min-ho had been listening and found out what was going on. He started to look for an escape route. He was hallucinating and hearing things so he was getting medical help but even so he claimed to be Cha Seon-ho and lied about his symptoms. He then started to suspect those around him.

In the end, Cha Min-ho decided to do something extreme. He decided to leave with Na Yeon-hee and Eun-soo. However, they left him while he was getting the tickets.

Park Jeong-woo caught Cha Min-ho and said, "I arrest you for the charges of the murders of Yoon Ji-soo, Lee Seong-gyu and Jennifer Lee".

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

• Like 1

'Defendant' reigns over TV popularity chart as it nears finale

"Defendant," SBS TV's popular late night crime thriller, kept a firm grip on a benchmark TV popularity index, as the series prepares to bow out from an explosive 18-episode run, data showed Tuesday. 

20170321000643_0.jpg
(Yonhap)

"Defendant," starring Ji Sung, scored 269.5 points on the Content Power Index (CPI), staying as the No. 1 TV program during the March 6-March 12 period.

CPI, developed by entertainment company CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, online search tallies and buzz on social media.

In "Defendant," Ji Sung takes on the role of Park Jung-woo, a former prosecutor who is framed for murdering his family and becomes a death row inmate. He tries to unravel a conspiracy in the face of mounting odds.

Monday night's penultimate episode featured Park, who's been reinstated as a prosecutor after clearing his name, finally arresting the show's antagonist Cha Min-ho played by Um Ki-joon.

The broadcast recorded 27 percent national viewership and 30.7 percent Seoul viewership.

KBS 2TV's office series "Good Manager" came in second, scoring 239.2 points, followed by the variety comedy show "Happy Together" at third with 232.2 points.

"High School Rapper," Mnet's audition program, ranked fourth, and MBC TV's island castaway series "Missing 9" climbed seven pegs to fifth place.

Other gainers included "Sister's Slam Dunk," KBS 2TV's all-female reality TV show, which soared 16 steps to eighth place, and SBS TV's popular weekend show "Running Man," which catapulted 12 notches to rank ninth. (Yonhap)

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 13-19, 2017

This may sound like old news at this point, but Defendant once again climbed higher than it ever has before at 25.6%. It still has one week left to blow us away, and maybe to blow its own record away with another leap in numbers. But we won’t know till we get there, which is half the fun! (The other half spent waiting for the finale? Not so much.)

Monday, Mar. 13      
Perfect Wife 5 KBS 3.5%
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 13 MBC 10.6%
Defendant 15 SBS 25.6%
Introverted Boss 15 tvN 1.7%
Tuesday, Mar. 14      
Perfect Wife 6 KBS 4.7%
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 14 MBC 10.4%
Defendant 16 SBS 25.4%
Introverted Boss 16 tvN 1.8%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-13-19-2017/

• Like 1

*** They're one of my favorite couples.

Married Couple Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young Happily Visit Each Other on Set of Defendant and Whisper

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2017/03/20/married-couple-ji-sung-and-lee-bo-young-happily-visit-each-other-on-set-of-defendant-and-whisper/#more-79924

• Like 1

*** It’s a short but much needed three-day vacation for JS. The “Defendant” cast and crew definitely deserve this trip. :lol:

March 21, 2017

‘Defendant’ cast to go on holiday

The cast and crew members of the SBS TV’s mystery crime thriller “Defendant” will leave for a reward vacation to Okinawa, Japan, the broadcaster said Tuesday.

“The major cast members, including Ji Sung, Uhm Ki-joon and Yoori will leave for the vacation on Wednesday,” the official said. “They will celebrate the success of the drama together.”

(Yonhap)

Monday night’s 17th episode of the TV drama reached 27 percent in nationwide viewership, which recorded the highest viewership ratings since its release on Jan. 23.

The 18-episode series will come to an end on Tuesday.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

*** It’s been years that had passed since they got married & have a beautiful daughter but Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young seems to be in love more of each other.  It's so CUTE to know that the couple goes back and forth to each other's set because ‘Defendant’ is rather close to drama ‘Whisper,’ distance-wise.” :lol:

• Like 1

Ji Sung And Uhm Hyun Kyung Reminisce About Filming “Defendant” With Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Ji-Sung-Uhm-Hyun-Kyung.jpg

Ji Sung and Uhm Hyun Kyung shared some behind-the-scenes photos of “Defendant” ahead of its last episode.

Ji Sung posted several photos on his Instagram, including pictures of the prison and his loving co-stars.

“#Defendant #JiSung Memories of the punishment room! This sound rings in my ear.. guard~~ guard~~~~!! *^^*”

His gratefulness for his co-workers and drama is evident in the photos he posted.

Uhm Hyun Kyung also uploaded a photo of her and Uhm Ki Joon, her on-screen husband, on her Instagram and wrote, “The last of ‘Uhm-Uhm couple.'”

In the photo, Uhm Hyun Jung and Uhm Ki Joon are smiling sweetly at the camera.

While fans are sad to see the drama come to an end, the final episode of “Defendant” will air on March 21 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

• Like 2

Wow....The entire cast and crew deserves a good break....time to celebrate for all their hardwork. Hope to see some of the BTS and the wrap-up dinner celebration. I thoroughly enjoyed every episode of Defendant.:)

• Like 1