❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Ji Sung considers MBC's Rebel Hong Gil-dong, SBS's Defendant

by girlfriday | October 13, 2016 | 4 Comments

JiSung3.jpg

Oh interesting… maybe Namgoong Min (Remember–Son’s War) won’t be playing the title role in MBC’s Rebel Hong Gil-dong, because Ji Sung (Entertainer) has now been offered the lead in the fusion sageuk, which would reunite him with Kill Me, Heal Me PD Kim Jin-man. It’s unclear whether Namgoong Min was offered a different role altogether (casting stories still call his a “leading role” but give no further details); but it has been announced that Ji Sung is considering the part of Hong Gil-dong.

Securing Ji Sung may be a long-shot though, because he’s up for two dramas and looking at both favorably: Before Rebel Hong Gil-dong, there was SBS’s prison break thriller Defendant, about a man who wakes up one day to find himself on death row with no memory of how he got there. Both dramas are aiming to air as early as January 2017 in competing Monday-Tuesday timeslots, so he can only choose one. His reps have confirmed that he’s received both offers and is considering them.

read more on http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/ji-sung-considers-mbcs-rebel-hong-gil-dong-sbss-defendant/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moonkittey said:

Ji Sung considers MBC's Rebel Hong Gil-dong, SBS's Defendant

by girlfriday | October 13, 2016 | 4 Comments

Oh interesting… maybe Namgoong Min (Remember–Son’s War) won’t be playing the title role in MBC’s Rebel Hong Gil-dong, because Ji Sung (Entertainer) has now been offered the lead in the fusion sageuk, which would reunite him with Kill Me, Heal Me PD Kim Jin-man. It’s unclear whether Namgoong Min was offered a different role altogether (casting stories still call his a “leading role” but give no further details); but it has been announced that Ji Sung is considering the part of Hong Gil-dong.

Securing Ji Sung may be a long-shot though, because he’s up for two dramas and looking at both favorably: Before Rebel Hong Gil-dong, there was SBS’s prison break thriller Defendant, about a man who wakes up one day to find himself on death row with no memory of how he got there. Both dramas are aiming to air as early as January 2017 in competing Monday-Tuesday timeslots, so he can only choose one. His reps have confirmed that he’s received both offers and is considering them.

read more on http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/ji-sung-considers-mbcs-rebel-hong-gil-dong-sbss-defendant/

Hi moonkittey, thanks for sharing this here.  If I were JS I will choose the drama, “Defendant” – this kind of serious role can lead to awards if done well. I just don't know if this will be popular in Korea since I guess Koreans like to watch simple and happy go lucky dramas more. This is more interesting to me. And well, let’s just say that I’m so not looking forward to another sageuk AGAIN for him. Sageuk is not really for me. I’m not a sageuk fan. I’m curious what he will choose. Either way, I’m going to support any of his decision. Whatever he chooses I’ll be sure to watch! If he can do dramas at the same time, NICE – hahaha - he definitely can work it out. I wonder does “Defendant” have a decent writer and PD. Both dramas sound pretty good. Both dramas sound like they have potential. But, I love Ji Sung in modern dramas but just no sageuk. Of course he’d do well either way but I really love a very complex version of Ji Sung. So, any news of his next drama is a thrill for me. His “Kim Soo Ro” drama was ok, though. :P

• Like 2

annyeong chingus,, i am newbie in this thread, and i love ji sung oppa very much. thanks for your sharing and post about JS,..can't wait his next project :blush: i wish JS will consider drama that can explore his acting more. JS must be confused with this offer because of the difference of theme and have good review. i believe he will make great potrayal with both role, but hong gil dong' drama had played before. i prefer he choose defendant, because he will has wide character exploration and interpretationa, and also he will many chances to make adlib.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

*** Finally.........a drama again with Ji Sung after “Entertainer”- And this time he chose "Defendant" for his next project. I’m happy. This is great news! I can't wait to see him in another drama. :P

Ji Sung, Yuri, Uhm Ki Joon, and Uhm Hyun Kyung confirmed for new SBS drama

Yuri,ji-sung,uhm-ki-joon

Upcoming SBS drama 'Defendant' has confirmed its lead cast! 

Ji Sung and Girls' Generation's Yuri, who were in talks for the production before, have confirmed their roles as an attorney named Park Jung Woo and lawyer Seo Eun Hye, respectively. 

Uhm Ki Joon will be playing not one but two roles in the drama, as twins Cha Sun Ho and Cha Min Ho, who are heirs to a large corporation called the Cha Myung Group. Finally, Uhm Hyun Kyung will be playing the role of Cha Sun Ho's wife, a former chaebol whose family became ruined, and who finds luxury again after marrying Cha Sun Ho. 

The drama will entail the story of an attorney who becomes a criminal charged with death, and how he will attempt to prove his innocence. It'll air next January.  

source : allkpop

• Like 3

14 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Finally.........a drama again with Ji Sung after “Entertainer”- And this time he chose "Defendant" for his next project. I’m happy. This is great news! I can't wait to see him in another drama. :P

I'm so excited to hear about this too. I think he's going to be great in this role

• Like 1

On 11/19/2016 at 8:35 AM, evie7 said:

I'm so excited to hear about this too. I think he's going to be great in this role

Hi evie, JS is a good actor, no doubt. Here, he will play an ace prosecutor as "Park Jung Woo", who is fiercely dedicated and in favor of strict punishment at his job, but transforms into a loving father and husband at home. When his wife and child are murdered, he finds himself locked in prison and charged with the crime. Facing a death sentence and suffering from temporary amnesia, he must prove his innocence and find his family’s true killer. The script is written by Choi Soo Jin, who wrote “City Hunter,” and Choi Chang Hwan. It is directed by Jo Young Kwang, who directed “Hyde, Jekyll, Me.” Can't wait. :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

*** I’m in for JS. I hope that his female partner here will better have megawatt chemistry with him to sell the relationships. JI Sung needs an actress of equal calibre. I feel that Ji Sung just has terrible luck since he has worked many mediocre actresses to another. Well, I guess the important roles of this show are Ji sung and the daughter`s characters. I’m sure the audience will be attached with father and daughter story. Ji Sung looks so cute as daddy! Also, he looks sharp here and his face is more sculpted plus with that new hairstyle…swoons..... Ji Sung looks so young with that hairstyle. Wahhh...........start of a happy 2017! Can’t wait for this one! Always great to see Ji Sung back in action. I hope that either Viki or DramaFever will sub it for us. Please be a good drama. Wow, this looks promising. JS, fighting! :blush:

Ji Sung is the best dad ever in new Defendant stills

jsd0.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/ji-sung-is-the-best-dad-ever-in-new-defendant-stills/

• Like 1

***Oh…i can’t wait for this drama. Looks good. This drama looks crazy intense. :blush:

Bloody knives and violent crimes in Defendant’s new teaser

defteaser0.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/bloody-knives-and-violent-crimes-in-defendants-new-teaser/

• Like 1

[Photos] Added new posters for the Korean drama 'Defendant'

photo808746.jpg

Added new posters for the upcoming Korean drama "Defendant" (2017)

Directed by Jo Yeong-gwang, Jeong Dong-yoon

Written by Choi Chang-hwan, Choi Soo-jin

Network : SBS

With Ji Seong, Eom Gi-joon, Kwon Yoo-ri, Oh Chang-seok, Eom Hyeon-kyeong, Son Yeo-eun,...

16 episodes - Mon, Tue 22:00
Synopsis
The story of a prosecutor who struggles to clear his name. A prosecutor who has never failed to prove the innocence of a defendant finds himself in a lock-up one day and loses all memory of what happened.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2017/01/23

photo808745.jpg

photo808744.jpg

More

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

• Like 2

*** As an actor, yes, JS is one that makes you start watching a drama mainly for him. So far everything looks intense in the teasers. The posters overall look cool as well. JS looks so fine here – that cheekbones and the sharp jawline…ughh. I have no doubt this drama will excel – fingers crossed. :lol:

Ji Sung to fight back from behind bars in SBS’s Defendant

defendant2.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/ji-sung-to-fight-back-from-behind-bars-in-sbss-defendant/

• Like 2

*** Ye, what I adore about JS is he always puts his 101% into his characters. "Defendant" fighting!  :lol:

Ji Sung Describes The Physical And Mental Toll That Filming New Drama “Defendant” Took On Him

ji sung

Actor Ji Sung, who will be playing the main character Park Jung Woo in the new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Defendant,” recently explained his thoughts about the drama.

His character Park Jung Woo is a successful prosecutor who gets blamed for his wife and daughter’s deaths and is labeled as “death-row 3866” in the blink of an eye. His false charges cannot be dropped easily due to the fact that he cannot remember anything.

It seems that living in Park Jung Woo’s shoes took a toll on Ji Sung, who lost six kilograms while filming this drama.

During the “Defendant” press conference on January 19, Ji Sung revealed why he wanted to appear on this drama, saying, “I wanted to try this kind of genre but it took me a while to decide since it’s a difficult subject to approach and I don’t want to even think about any of this actually happening to me in real life.”

He further explained, “I, too, have a wife and daughter, and I don’t want to dare imagine a life without them. I was constantly in a state of tears since I tormented myself in different ways, by either pushing my limits while exercising or continuously reading the script.”

Ji Sung even confessed to having nightmares these days.

He said, “I keep having dreams of me hanging on the verge of death or saving a family from distress. That’s why it’s been hard at times but it also made me wonder, ‘What dream will I have today?'”

“Defendant” may be handling a heavy subject but the success of SBS’s previous drama “Romantic Doctor Kim” must be a bit pressuring, too.

Ji Sung addressed this saying, “‘Just like how ‘Romantic Doctor Kim’ had a message of its own, our drama also has a message we want to deliver to the audience. However, I don’t want to make things up to make our drama fit into the darkness of our society.”

The actor added, “Our drama is simple. It’s about a person on death-row who has been blamed for the deaths of his family members, but I want to give hope since these things should never happen in real life. I hope many people watch this drama and receive some kind of hope that correlates with their lives.”

Despite the fact that the drama is quite dark, the chemistry between the actors is said to be very good.

Ji Sung said, “Uhm Ki Joon did ballet before, so he was very flexible and paid attention to little details in every scene.”

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri, who plays Park Jung Woo’s public defender Seo Eun Hye, also spoke about Ji Sung’s wife Lee Bo Young who helped her out in terms of acting.

Yuri explained, “Ji Sung invited me to his house and helped me with script reading, and since Lee Bo Young played a public defender in her previous work she kindly helped me out. [Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young’s] relationship was so nice to see.”

“Defendant” will air its first episode on January 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

Are you excited to see this drama?

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Will "Defendant" and "Saimdang: Light's Diary" beat "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea"?

photo811191.jpg

A new breeze is taking over SBS. "Defendant" and "Saimdang: Light's Diary" are replacing "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea". Will the new dramas maintain the reputation their successors leave behind?

- "Defendant" Ji Seong to take over once again

Ji Seong is starring in the new drama "Defendant". His latest drama "Entertainers" failed miserably so hopefully this time he's back with something better.

"Defendant" is about Park Jeong-woo (Ji Seong) who is framed as his wife and daughter's killer but tries to re-track 4 months of memory loss and taking revenge on Cha Min-ho (Eom Gi-joon).

The role of Park Jeong-woo played by Ji Seong is framed for killing his wife and daughter but to make things worse, he loses memory of the past 4 months from the day the murder happened. Ji Seong fights to clear his name.

Ji Seong goes from being a smart prosecutor to a guilty prisoner. Ji Seong has had experience acting out a multi-personality character in the MBC drama "Kill Me, Heal Me".

Not only that, his co-stars are Eom Gi-joon and Kwon Yoo-ri from Girl's Generation as well as Oh Chang-seok and Eom Hyeon-kyeong.

(skipped unrelated...)

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to ❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 Current Drama: Defendant

*** This is a "safe" rating percentage result but I hope it would increase more................. :lol:

“Defendant” Off To A Great Start With Outstanding Ratings

defendant

SBS’s new drama “Defendant” is off to a good start with the highest ratings in the Monday-Tuesday time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “Defendant” scored 14.5 percent viewership ratings nationally. In the same time slot, KBS2’s “Hwarang” achieved 11 percent ratings, while MBC’s “Night Light” recorded 4.1 percent.

The 14.5 percent ratings achieved by “Defendant” is 5 percent higher than the ratings for the first episode of “Romantic Doctor Kim,” which aired prior to “Defendant” in the same time slot.

Ji Sung previously revealed that starring in the drama took a toll on him, but it looks like his efforts bore fruit!

“Defendant” airs every Monday and Tuesday. Watch it only on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

“Defendant” Previews Major Tension Between Ji Sung And Yuri In Upcoming Episode

ji sung yuri defendant 2

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Defendant” has released preview photos of Ji Sung and Yuri in the next episode.

In episode two of “Defendant,” prosecutor Park Jung Woo (Ji Sung) will be interrogated as a suspect in the murder of his own daughter and wife.

Ji Sung Defendant

He doesn’t seem to be able to accept the possibility that he killed his own family, but he seems shaken since he actually might be the culprit; he doesn’t know because he can’t remember.

Ji Sung Defendant 2

The one in the photo covering Park Jung Woo with a jacket is prosecutor Kang Joon Hyuk (Oh Chang Suk), Park Jung Woo’s best friend and colleague.

Episode two will also reveal the first meeting of Park Jung Woo and Seo Eun Hye (Yuri), which happened far before their meeting as a defendant and lawyer shown in episode one.

ji sung yuri defendant

The staff stated, “The drama will keep you on the edges of your seats as Park Jung Woo’s life suddenly takes a fall.”

Meanwhile, “Defendant” has ranked first place in viewership ratings with their first episode, which recorded a 14.5 percent.

Source (1)soompi news

• Like 1

Real-Time Ratings For “Defendant” Hit Close To 20 Percent In 2nd Episode With Shocking Twist

Defendant Ji Sung Uhm Ki Joon

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Defendant” is off to an amazing start, almost reaching 20 percent in real-time ratings in only its second episode. This follows news of the first episode doing well, coming in at first place in its time slot with ratings of 14.5 percent.

For the second episode, the drama recorded nationwide viewership ratings of 14.9 percent, with a total of 31.3 million viewers and real-time ratings peaking at 19.6 percent.

Spoiler:

The moment that recorded the highest real-time ratings was when it was revealed that the man in the CCTV footage was none other than Park Jung Woo. This shocked viewers as they had believed that he had been framed the whole time.

A man leaves Park Jung Woo’s house with a large suitcase. With his face covered with a black mask, the man places the suitcase in his car and gets in. It then cuts to a scene showing a haggard-looking Park Jung Woo in jail, framed for a crime he didn’t commit.

Ji Sung Defendant

But when the man with the suitcase takes of his mask, it is revealed in a shocking twist that it is Park Jung Woo. He goes from looking despondent to murderous, and a voice-over of his friend Kang Joon Hyuk can be heard saying, “Why did you do it?”

His actions caught on CCTV cameras and his terrifying gaze only solidify that the person who killed and abandoned his family was none other than Park Jung Woo himself.

The third episode of “Defendant” will air on January 30 at 10 p.m. KST.

What did you think of the shocking twist in the second episode?

Source (1) / soompi news

Ji Sung reveals why Girls' Generation's Yuri visited his house

Yuri,ji-sung

Ji Sung revealed that Girls' Generation's Yuri visited his house!

On the January 24 airing of 'Real Entertainment Night', the actors of new SBS drama, 'Defendant', gathered for an interview.  During the talk, Ji Sung revealed, "Yuri prepared diligently for it. I couldn't go out often because I had to watch the baby. So she came to my house and we went over the script. She also talked a lot with Lee Bo Young (Ji Sung's wife)."

Yuri also revealed that Lee Bo Young gave her good advice, and said, "Unnie played a lawyer in her last production." 

Have you been watching 'Defendant'?

ji-sung_1485304515_j.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 23-29, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Defendant took the spot previously occupied by Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, and seemed to take some of its high ratings too, since it started out with a hefty 14.5%, and nearly reached 15% with its second episode.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, Jan. 23      
Hwarang 11 KBS 11.0%
Night Light 19 MBC 4.1%
Defendant 1 SBS 14.5%
Introverted Boss 3 tvN 2.1%
Tuesday, Jan. 24      
Hwarang 12 KBS 10.5%
Night Light 20 MBC 4.3%
Defendant 2 SBS 14.9%
Introverted Boss 4 tvN 2.0%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-23-29-2017/

• Like 1

Ji Sung Shares Behind-The-Scenes Pictures From “Defendant” On Social Media

defendant instagram

On January 30, actor Ji Sung shared two behind-the-scene pictures from the set of SBS’s “Defendant” via Instagram.

In the first picture, the cast members are seen enjoying some snacks during their break. Along with the photo, Ji Sung left a caption saying, “#Defendant’s prison family and director! It’s snack time!^^”

In the second picture, several of the “Defendant” actors are seen displaying their playfulness. For this post, Ji Sung left the caption: “#Defendant’s Kim Min Suk and Oh Dae Hwan may be smiling, but they’re actually having a really hard time.. And they can’t even say they hate it..^^”

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1