[Drama 2012] I Need Romance 2012 로맨스가 필요해 2012

the girl who!

One can in fact meet several soulmates in a lifetime.  Lead 1 is a soulmate, and i believe lead 2 will also be a soulmate.  Lead 1 loves her but is immature in love.  Lead 2 seems more mature and a better match and balance for her.  Hence I'm starting to ship lead 2, but if this follows the course of season 1, then she'll end up with lead 1.  (Sorry i don't remember their character names yet.)

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frae

At first glance I thought these two really love each other and just have some kinks to work out, but now I'm not so sure. 

They live in the same house together have known each other for ages and have dated off and on for 12 years, broken up five times and are headed for number six. There is still to much I don't know yet, like how long was the on phases opposed to the off phases of their relationship? In the off phases do they date other people and if so have they had sex with other people or only with each other? When he said he never wants to marry did she ask what the reason was? 

After episode 4 we know that second male lead and her have cross paths through out the years but she doesn't even remember them. The thing that bothered me the most is they really don't say the important things to each other, they always leave room for ridicules misunderstandings. I know they have this sex buddy thing going on but when the writer girl spends the night he act's as if its the most normal thing in the world. Even when you are sex buddies when the rules are about to change you inform the other player.

This all bothers me because it's almost the same set up as season one. The man gets to do what he want's and the little woman waits. If in the five breakups she never dated anyone else then it means she has decided on him, and no one else, that she is just playing a waiting game and all the rhetoric is to make herself feel better while she waits.Once you have invested 12 years of your life in someone it's really pretty hard to let go. 
I guess what I'm getting at is I don't want another season one.
Let us hear the guys side of things too.

Guest kayana20

I don't want anther season 1 . The women should be her own women and not stand around waiting for the man who loves her to realize he loves her. That defeats the purpose of her dating someone else because you know she is just dating the while waiting for him to decide if they have a future. I agree with what Ibelis said 100 percent.

@IBELIS - I think it was in EP 1 when YM is talking with the other women about her not remembering kissing the blind date guy? (Jung Gye Woon cameo) She and Suk Hyun fight about who broke up with who and why but she DID date during that time. And Suk Hyun looked pissed off during that conversation. So my initial thought was SHE was the one who broke things off and started dating other people. (because he doesn't want to marry her) But I'm not clear about it yet either. 
I too, have a feeling SH loves her very much, he even looks hurt at the very end of EP 4 when she's throwing those figurines at him and yelling at him. I just don't understand why he can't express himself openly to her. But his face said it all. (to me) I don't think he cheated either. We need to find out why he doesn't want to get married. 
On the other hand, the second lead is adorable and I'm almost ready to jump on that ship. =))
@kayana20 - If this ends like Season 1 did, you'll be able to hear me screaming and throwing things. >:P

Guest kayana20

@IBELIS - I think it was in EP 1 when YM is talking with the other women about her not remembering kissing the blind date guy? (Jung Gye Woon cameo) She and Suk Hyun fight about who broke up with who and why but she DID date during that time. And Suk Hyun looked pissed off during that conversation. So my initial thought was SHE was the one who broke things off and started dating other people. (because he doesn't want to marry her) But I'm not clear about it yet either. 
I too, have a feeling SH loves her very much, he even looks hurt at the very end of EP 4 when she's throwing those figurines at him and yelling at him. I'm just don't understand why he can't express himself openly to her. But his face said it all. (to me) I don't think he cheated either. We need to find out why he doesn't want to get married. 
On the other hand, the second lead is adorable and I'm almost ready to jump on that ship. =))
@kayana20 - If this ends like Season 1 did, you'll be able to hear me screaming and throwing things. >:P

@kayana20 - I don't think you need to worry about Big, she's gonna end up with YJ because Gong Yoo is the leading male. (no way would they have a kiss scene between Shin Won-Ho and Lee Min-Jung when Gong Yoo is the lead male character) And the kid will probably wake up sometime so a body switch back is more than likely. (I'm totally guessing) 
I also hate having the female so in love that she sits around waiting on him...BLECH. Which is why I'm almost ready to jump on the second lead ship in this one. I hated the way she whined, cried and begged him in this weeks episodes:|
You absolutely can throw things with me. =))

Many people don't seem to like the long relationship of lead 1 and yeol mae.
Lead 1, SH, never expresses himself or leans on YM.  I guess she wants him to be more open and more romantic, however, they never really talk to improve their problems: yeol mae always gets angry with him instead, e.g. that time he woke up beside her or that time she saw the writer girl at their home.  I also think that their relationship needs improving, but that is how relationships are and I think theirs is completely healthy, because in the real world, relationships are worse than this one and some bickering is healthy i believe. That doesn't mean, that they don't love each other.  For me, it's clear that he loves her and vice versa, it is very evident in the drama(even if we only get to see YM point of view)
In season 1 she ended up with the cheating ex, many people disliked that, I was one of them.  However, it is a possibility, they won't make YM end up with lead 1 this time, trying to change things up a bit.  If she ends up with lead 2 I would be disappointed.
SH and YM have a deep connection, not only the fact that they were in a on-off-relationship for 12 years, but the fact, that they know each other's best and worst sides for the last years and still can't let go.  While lead 2 is handsome, rich and a relationship with him might seem glamorous, that's not real love.  Another thing is we don't know how SH feels, and the fact he doesn't cling on to YM makes him more attractive in my opinion.  He doesn't really want YM to be unhappy, so even though he likes her, he lets her have space, I assume jealousy is going to get him sooner or later. If he was clingy, no one would like him.
I just think  that they know each other so well, so how can you just end this relationship and be with someone else, when your heart is with the person that understands you the best, a big part of your life.  Not only that, I couldn't even see them as best friends, because obviously they are strongly  attracted to each other sexually as well, as YM got aroused by him only touching her nose.
Relationships are all like that and they are just at a point, where they need a bit of space.  If like some people suggested, YM wasn't the little woman to wait for him(i guess she loves him too much to let go anyway)  and dates other guys, then she will never be truly happy.   I don't know about you guys, but personally I don't think it's right to jump from relationship to relationship just because you don't like something about that person you're with.
He doesn't want to get married, as he said marriage is no big deal for him.  If they get married it doesn't mean they will be happy, and he liked their relationship meaning they were happy, but this wasn't enough for YM, so they broke up.  I can't understand yet why he didn't want to get married anway, as it would make her happy, but I hope there is a reason.  Some people just don't like commitment and somehow she could have respected his opinion, but marriage seems to always be a bigger deal to the woman, so at this point we should wait and see.

Guest kayana20

@kayana20 - I don't think you need to worry about Big, she's gonna end up with YJ because Gong Yoo is the leading male. (no way would they have a kiss scene between Shin Won-Ho and Lee Min-Jung when Gong Yoo is the lead male character) And the kid will probably wake up sometime so a body switch back is more than likely. (I'm totally guessing) 
I also hate having the female so in love that she sits around waiting on him...BLECH. Which is why I'm almost ready to jump on the second lead ship in this one. I hated the way she whined, cried and begged him in this weeks episodes:|
You absolutely can throw things with me. =))

I will also throw rocks, eggs, and tantrums if this season ends like the last...especially since the first season perpetuated a really damaging fantasy - namely, that the love of a "good woman" can change a man. Supposedly, the steadfast love of his girl changed Mr. Cheater into steady guy in Season One, but I didn't believe it for a moment - once past childhood, people just don't change in fundamental ways. You can change the sheets, change the bedspread, add a new headboard, but you are still dealing with the same old bed.So here in Season 2 we have a self-absorbed, self-contained guy who drives his girl crazy because he cannot communicate and cannot commit. Well, even if she gets him to commit she is still going to be going crazy, because he is always going to be self-absorbed and he is never going to be a fountain of information about himself.So just like Season 1, we have a girl waiting and hoping and flailing about in a relationship with a guy with very definite flaws. The guy shows a distinct inability to change. There's a very suitable replacement waiting in the wings for her, but she is so embroiled in this relationship's history and sexual tension that she can't break free. Her friends are no help because their relationships are also dysfunctional - one's a perpetual virgin going the conventional route to find a husband, and the other is a free spirit who cats around. So, is this season's heroine smarter than last season's? Let's see if the writer listened to angry viewers...

This reminds me of when I was younger and believed that you could change a man into the person you want him to be. You know fix all those bad habits. I got news for our female lead if after 12 years the man hasn't changed he won't. Maybe she needs to look for someone else. My mother would have beat me to death before she let me be with the same man, and he doesn't want to get married.
When a man says he doesn't want to get married I've found what they mean is I don't want to marry you. If he is willing to let you leave him over this, then you are not the one. If one wants to marry and one doesn't you have a fundamental difference that can't be resolved by talking.

Guest wap72

@tessieroo

so you visit here as well but not promoting your recaps? lol!

i'll do it for you if you don't mind :D

if you love reading recaps as much as watching the videos, here's a link to some awesome recaps

http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/i-need-romance-2012-quick-recap-episodes-3-4/#comment-8372

EDIT: oh you just did! :P

>:D< Thank you, Sweetie!  >:D<
I usually have no idea when Angie is gonna post them so I have to wait. :))
Are you on the second-lead ship yet? He's super cute and how sweet that he's been "running into" her all these years and all those times! She still has no idea either. 
I think Ji Hee is gonna end up dating that jogger guy who just turned up in her office. (is he her boss now?) 
And did you see how NASTY the married couple were to each other? Woah. 

Wow, i'm kinda liking this drama too!
not becoz of the bed scenes, but the main guy really reminds me of this guy i liked...
and the girl and i have some similarity.

btw, the main lead guy is really handsome!!
i feel like i've seen him before in a drama, but don't remember where?

anyways, like the guy i liked, the main guy is also very secretive, doesn't open up his feelings, and although he was nice to her, he really doesn't show that she needs him in his life. and that really sucks for the main girl.
can symphatize with her, coz all woman wants to feel loved, and needed by her man...
but this guy doesn't show that.
he could be sweet and comfortable around her, but it seems that isn't enough for her, bcoz he doesnt promise any future.
and it's not like they are in the age where they could still continue on in a relationship like this.
so i can really understand the girl, i feel for her.

I just hope one day, she would tell him how she feels!
so that he would know how to treat her more nicely or atleast he would give her reassurance.
but the girl doesn't want to seem needy or clingy towards him, bcoz she has been hurt by him in the past...
she doesn't want to just admit her true feelings to him coz she wants to hear it from him first.
which i can understand, bcoz all this time, it was her who comes to him, and this time around she wants to receive it from him.
ughhh so complicated!

i'm thinking, maybe this guy doesn't confess or ask her if there's anything wrong, or comes on to her, bcoz he probably thinks that, that's not necessary to show his true feelings for her, as he thinks that she should already know that, without him confirming and telling it to her.

and this girl's POV is that she just wants reassurance from him, she just wants to hear it from him that he still loves her and he needs her in his life.

aigooo..
anyways i'll continue watching this!
it's getting interesting!
i wonder how this will turn out in the future ep!

i'm looking forward to him being jealous for ONCE!! lol

Archived