[Drama 2012] I Need Romance 2012 로맨스가 필요해 2012

the girl who!

Guest weetziebat

@slee5
@vena.cava

If anyone else here has just watched episode 6 and is dying to find out what song was playing near the end and during the preview, it's "Ride the Wind" (바람을 타고) by Deli Spice (델리스파이스). The single was just released on the 5th. It's I Need Romance OST Part 2. (I also recommend I Need Romance OST Part 1, 10cm's "Only You.")

Listen to it here. I believe a mediafire download link is provided in the description box~~

http://youtu.be/c9_jufCW6Hs

Here are the Korean/hangul lyrics:

두근거림도 낯설은 설레임도언제부터인지 아득해져만 가네화려한 거리에 불빛들이 날 어지럽게 해
무심히 지나버린 하루하루들도대체 지금 난 어디쯤인 걸까멀리서 들려오는 음악에 나의 마음이 흔들려그리운 향기를 맡으며 난 저멀리 달려가 바람을 타고
너의 시간 속에 변한 듯 보인대도마음속 가득 살아있는 눈부신 우리의 추억들아름다웠기에 끝없이 펼쳐질 이야기태양 가득
잠 못 이루던 익숙한 불안함도언제부터인지 그리워져만 가네어느새 다가온 노을 빛이 널 떠올리게 해따스한 하늘을 가르며 난 저멀리 달려가 바람을 타고
나의 시간 속에 지워진 듯 보인데도멈춰버린 꿈을 위한 눈부신 우리의 추억들아름다웠기에 끝없이 펼쳐질 이야기
바람을 타고 난 저멀리바람을 타고 난 저멀리우리의 태양은 가득히
너의 시간 속에 떠난 듯 보인대도마음속 가득 살아있는 눈부신 우리의 추억들아름다웠기에 끝없이 펼쳐질 이야기

And does anybody know what song plays at the end of every single I Need Romance 2012 episode?? I'm fluent in Korean and English, but it doesn't sound like either Korean or English. Or maybe it's a Korean person singing in English with a really, really thick accent. Perhaps it's a remake of an English song?? To me, the lyrics sound like, "If you wannawanna seelapayAYAYYY~~ if you really wanna slayAYAYYYY~~" LOL. I searched on google and I think someone said it was an Indian/Hindi song... If anyone can tell me what song that is, I will be eternally grateful. The song is really cool and catchy.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@slee5

@vena.cava

And does anybody know what song plays at the end of every single I Need Romance 2012 episode?? I'm fluent in Korean and English, but it doesn't sound like either Korean or English. Or maybe it's a Korean person singing in English with a really, really thick accent. Perhaps it's a remake of an English song?? To me, the lyrics sound like, "If you wannawanna seelapayAYAYYY~~ if you really wanna slayAYAYYYY~~" LOL. I searched on google and I think someone said it was an Indian/Hindi song... If anyone can tell me what song that is, I will be eternally grateful. The song is really cool and catchy.

Guest Penpen

To y'all:
Same here LOL The opening and ending one right? I think it's in Spanish, I Need Romance 1 used to use the spanish songs too! I've trying to find it but can't find anywhere haha, so we have to wait till the full OST comes out I guess.

I teared up when she confessed her jealousy to him in ep 5.  Just what i love about this show is their non-romance live-in relationship is so realistic cos it reminds of what i once upon a time experienced with my ex for 7 years. 

I hope YM would end up with JH instead of SH.  But i guess the writer may most likely follow season 1 endling since SH is the male lead.

I now know why their relationship hasn't worked out, YM is nuts. She babbles incessantly, while asking questions she doesn't allow him to answer. She went on so long she worked herself up into a fit of anger than began to threaten him. She not only did this once she did twice. Again she is just nuts. He probably breaks up with her just to stay sane.
 That aside they are different and maybe that is the real problem they are to different. She wants everything spelled out and he see no reason to do that. I'm like YM in that respect I need things spelled out I don't like assuming things or guessing what someone feels or thinks. I don't want to go with the flow if things are not flowing how I think they should. Unlike YM there is no way in hell I would spend 12 years still trying to get answers to what are relationship is.

At this point instead of talking about what she wants nonstop she needs to ask directly.

Do you love me? do you want us to be a couple? do you understand what I mean when I say couple? she needs to make it simple.

Guest Penpen

I now know why their relationship hasn't worked out, YM is nuts. She babbles incessantly, while asking questions she doesn't allow him to answer. She went on so long she worked herself up into a fit of anger than began to threaten him. She not only did this once she did twice. Again she is just nuts. He probably breaks up with her just to stay sane.
 That aside they are different and maybe that is the real problem they are to different. She wants everything spelled out and he see no reason to do that. I'm like YM in that respect I need things spelled out I don't like assuming things or guessing what someone feels or thinks. I don't want to go with the flow if things are not flowing how I think they should. Unlike YM there is no way in hell I would spend 12 years still trying to get answers to what are relationship is.

At this point instead of talking about what she wants nonstop she needs to ask directly.

Do you love me? do you want us to be a couple? do you understand what I mean when I say couple? she needs to make it simple.

@weetziebat:  Thank you for sharing!  I like that song.  And also searching for that song. Haha your lyrics are better than mine.  Mine were wanawanawanawanayayayaa   Something  like this.  And I tried searching everywhere too. Hopefully someone will find that song
And the 10cm song is really nice as well., thanks for sharing.And if anyone wants to know the song that played before YM and SH made out, the rabbit scene, in ep 1, the one which went: that heart of yours that heart yours is mine those lips of yours.......  i think it's called Lasse Lindh - Under my skin I can't find it on YT though

I teared up when she confessed her jealousy to him in ep 5.  Just what i love about this show is their non-romance live-in relationship is so realistic cos it reminds of what i once upon a time experienced with my ex for 7 years. 

(Here's my true story if you don't want to read then skip it.) 
Ex never said i love you but instead made up with sex when i threw tantrums; he never bought birthday presents and when i complained then he'd brought me out to shop for it cos his rationale was so that i could buy my ideal present; he never initiated dates or decided where to dine out but would gladly enjoy it upon my request, he'd rather continue PC gaming late into the night instead of going to bed together; he'd not inform before hand if he was going out with friends so that i didn't need to waste time cooking for 2; etc.  Basically we were living together for so many years yet i felt 100% insecured, not because i thought he'd cheat but because he just didn't give me any sense of security.  Like SH, his selflish behavior was frustrating and drove me up the wall practically everyday.  Yet i still loved him cos i just knew he loved me in his heart but never displayed or verbalised it.  Like YM, I thought i could change him.  Yet years passed and i realized its impossible to change others.  Only resolution is to either accept him as is, or just let myself go.  So i left my country to get a job overseas.  Here in a foreign country i now call home, i'm happy to have met my current partner who's understanding with a more matured wavelength like JH.
(If you read the above then thanks for listening to my ramblings.)

In conclusion, i hope YM would end up with JH instead of SH.  But i guess the writer may most likely follow season 1 endling since SH is the male lead.

I can't side btwn SH or YM because they both have flaws, and unlike other k-dramas, they're realistic flaws that REAL people have. And the problems they face in their relationships are relate-able because regular people do go through these obstacles in their relationships as well.  Heck, I know I was like YM in my past relationships and it allows me to totally see where she's coming from. She just wants answers to her questions, she wants him to understand her without her having to state out the obvious. But SH, like other guys i've dated, can't express themselves well and feel that there isn't a need to SAY how they feel when their actions speak for themselves.

I can totally understand why SH doesn't want to go back with YM, she hasn't matured yet and still using childish ways to get her answers (like jumping into the pool and not coming out until he answers her) as well as giving him ultimatums like "I'll break up with u if u don't do this.. etc." It's an exhausting relationship and who would want to be in one like that? I think they need time apart and DEFINITELY one of them need to move because being in such close living space does nothing for them except complicate matters. I really hope to see her progress with JH (i still like SH but JH is HOT as well ahahah) and maybe SH will get jealous.

I'm really curious about what it is that SH is hiding from YM, can't be birth secrets right? seeing as they have slept together and that would be gross. Maybe it has something to do with her mother's death?

@joykimlee 
Thanks for sharing your story. >:D<  I completely agree, if you go into a relationship thinking you can CHANGE the person - then you shouldn't be in that relationship in the first place. YM is still demanding changes from SH even after 12 years. She's still demanding he respond to her in a certain way. If you're not getting what you need from someone or getting the responses you wish for & that are important to you, then you're in the wrong relationship and should move on. 
@IBELIS
I feel like she did give him time to answer her. He had plenty of time to speak his mind. (at the pool) He choose not to. You're right that she then had a melt-down then and jumped into the pool to hold her breath (like a 5 year old) but why he choose not to say anything I still don't understand. There has to be a reason why he keeps her at arms length. I think we'll find out what that is soon since he mentioned it in EP 6.
@vena.cava
Thanks for reminding me - YM broke up with him first! (and it sounds like each time they broke up, SHE is the one who broke it off) Which means he can't trust her. When things don't go her way, she backs out instead of sticking around and supporting him. 
@sophisticated 
I can't wait to find out what SH was talking about too! And I'm (for right now) firmly on the Mr. Hotness-Second-Lead ship. =)) =)) =))

Guest weetziebat

Wow, this thread is really active today!!

I'm definitely Team Seok Hyun. It's so obvious that he loves her, but he doesn't have the confidence to make her happy. He also probably has some emotional scars which prevent him from wanting to marry. Like others have mentioned, SH says that he doesn't want her to get hurt by him, which implies that he's holding off starting a relationship with her because he's afraid he will hurt her again.

He didn't actually turn down Yeol Mae's request to start dating again. He specifically said, "at this moment, I don't want to get back together with you," which implies that he does want to date her again, but was temporarily angry with her for being so emotionally rash and jumping into the pool. He also said, "why can't you just simply wait for me to answer?" which implies that he was about to say something before she acted impulsively and desperately to force him to answer~~

EDIT: @vena.cava Excellent observation!! And love the gifs ^^

Guest Penpen

I really appreciate y'all comments LOL How I feel so happy whenever I refresh this thread and there's always a comment xD 
One thing I noticed while watching on Viki is that people started to guess that SH can't have baby, that's why he doesn't want to be in a relationship with YM (OMG! If it's real, I'll bang my head to the wall LOL) Anw, guessing is guessing, I don't think the writer-nim can imagine things like that to break YM and either our hearts. 
I can't believe myself that I watch over and over SH's scenes to make sure that I didn't miss any scene when he thinks of his relationship with YM, when YM is dancing with the kid, these are few words from him "YM will not stop here. Maybe she will find out soon. Why I look out for her, even though I hurt her over and over again. What I should do with her when that time comes. I don't know." Really, I can't understand... 

For me, the problem with SH saying he doesn't want to hurt her? Then he should refrain from a sexual relationship with her. It's clear that means more to women than it does men but he's not helping things by continuing to be intimate with her if he doesn't intend to marry her. 
He's NOT holding off on starting a relationship with her, he's been in a relationship with her for 12 years. Even when they're not "dating" they're still together. (they live in the same house) and they're still being intimate. So if he truly doesn't want a relationship with her, he should move. Or stop having sex with her. 
There's no way he can't see how much pain she's in. You can see it all over her face. But instead of NOT hurting her anymore, he sleeps with her again? Yeesh. I just can't wait to hear his reason for not wanting to marry her. 

Guest weetziebat

@Penpen One thing I noticed while watching on Viki is that people started to guess that

SH can't have baby, that's why he doesn't want to be in a relationship with YM

(OMG! If it's real, I'll bang my head to the wall LOL) Anw, guessing is guessing, I don't think the writer-nim can imagine things like that to break YM and either our hearts. 

I can't believe myself that I watch over and over SH's scenes to make sure that I didn't miss any scene when he thinks of his relationship with YM, when YM is dancing with the kid, these are few words from him "YM will not stop here. Maybe she will find out soon. Why I look out for her, even though I hurt her over and over again. What I should do with her when that time comes. I don't know." Really, I can't understand... 

For me, the problem with SH saying he doesn't want to hurt her? Then he should refrain from a sexual relationship with her. It's clear that means more to women than it does men but he's not helping things by continuing to be intimate with her if he doesn't intend to marry her. 
He's NOT holding off on starting a relationship with her, he's been in a relationship with her for 12 years. Even when they're not "dating" they're still together. (they live in the same house) and they're still being intimate. So if he truly doesn't want a relationship with her, he should move. Or stop having sex with her. 
There's no way he can't see how much pain she's in. You can see it all over her face. But instead of NOT hurting her anymore, he sleeps with her again? Yeesh. I just can't wait to hear his reason for not wanting to marry her. 

Guest Asianatic

First, I just love this drama. Big and I Do Do have  just not hit the spot for me. And I love Gong Yo, Lee Minjung and Kim Sunah. And the new lead kid in I Do Do is so adorable BUT.....
I don't think SH not able to have the baby is the reason. At least I hope not. IWR2 just doesn't seem like that kind of drama. I feel it's more to do with some family history?  Maybe some promise he made to their parents. Or maybe he just doesn't believe in the institution of marriage. Or maybe he's just not ready. He never breaks up with YM. It's always her who initiates the break ups. .....BUT it's also true he refuses to marry her. Life is messy......I love this drama because it shows that. I would hate it if the reason was because of not being having to make babies or family history. ...Then.....it would become just the typical Kdrama. I hope not. I hope it's because he's not ready for marriage  ....or maybe he is taking her for granted......or he does love her in his own way but he still hasn't figured out what he wants. I hope it's because he hasn't thought about it.....Because when that other guy.....who is so hot and laid back ....I love that combination.....becomes a real threat SH will start realizing what she means to him.....I don't know .....and I love that I don't know. Much as I love SH and the actor who plays him......I wouldn't mind an ending where she actually ends up with the other guy. ....It would be so refreshing......But I have a feeling it will be SH . 

Guest Asianatic

@IBELIS - good question, I hadn't even thought much about that until you mentioned it. Why is this whole thing becoming such an issue for her now? Because of her age? (marriage age? baby age?) It's not like she has anyone pushing her to marry or have kids. Glad you brought it up, it opened a whole new side for me to look at. 
I've been driving myself crazy trying to think of what it is SH said "she'll know soon". ~X(I just don't much care for the setup because to me it's too similar to the first season. The lead is so desperately in love with him, it's all she lives for or thinks about. That part of season one made me insane until they showed a bit about how important her job was to her. I hate it when a female completely loses herself and her whole identity because of a man. MEH. 
@Asianatic - It would be a nice change of pace for this writer to go in the opposite direction he/she went in with the first season. Maybe that's part of the reason for my shipping second-lead already. Unless he turns out to be a huge jerk, I'm on board. YM needs to learn her "love" with SH isn't really what she thinks it is. 

Guest Asianatic

@tessierooShe did say she wanted to marry and have a baby just like SH.  I thought her grandmother was pushing her to marry?  Also early 30's are the age when women start thinking of settling down. For the men it's just the beginning , of course.I agree....I hate it when there are female characters whose only reason for living seems to be for a man. What a boring woman. I hope that ''she'll know soon '''   won't be some Kdrama cliche. Did anyone see the movie......He's Just Not That Into You.....SH and YM 's story is similar to the Ben Afleck and Jennifer Aniston 's Beth and Neil. 

Archived