[Drama 2012] I Need Romance 2012 로맨스가 필요해 2012

the girl who!

Guest kayana20

@kayana20 - lead couple have known each other since they were children, broke up 5 times, have been dating for 12 years *GASP* and are now broken up but still live right across from each other. 
EP 1 with English subs here:
http://www.kimchidramas.net/2012/06/i-need-romance-2012-episode-1.html
http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/i-need-romance-2-episode-1/
http://www.epdrama.com/i-need-romance-2012/i-need-romance-2012-episode-1/

EP 2 with English subs here:
http://www.kimchidrLoamas.net/2012/06/i-need-romance-2012-episode-2.html

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kayana20

LOL! Yea, the second lead guy probably won't stand a prayer. It's good so far, you should give it a try!

No jealousy yet - the second lead guy only made a very brief appearance so he's not involved with the lead girl yet. But it's kinda sad that she's so insanely in love with the lead guy and wants to marry him but he doesn't. 
I THINK he's just as in love with her though. (hard to say so far) 

Guest kayana20

Don't tell me because you know I choose my OTP from the first 2 episodes and go from there. He must have been that good in bed for her to want to marry him still.I cannot wait to find and  dissect why he doesn't want to marry. Is 2nd lead cuter to?

Yea, 2nd lead is pretty hot in his first interaction with her.  :D
I get this feeling that our leading man is just as much in love with her as she is with him - we need to find out why he doesn't want to marry her. (he sorta explains it in EP 1) but there must be a bigger reason. 
My recap for EP 1 & 2 is up:
http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/i-need-romance-2012-quick-recap-ep-1-2/

I loved the first season, so I was looking forward to this one^^Just watched the first ep, and I'm liking it so far :D The ex-couple are sooo cute, loved the flashbacks!~
Doesn't hurt that both male leads are hawt! lol XD <3 Waiting for softsubs (ep2) to be released~ 

Totally loving ep 2.  Ex is def still in love with her.  No sex should really be bothering him as much as it's bothering her.  I was waiting for him to drop the last sentence in ep 2, and he did just that.  Daebak!

Was at first planing to watch this drama then decide not too but somehow I was really intriguing by the story line and I really wanted to know what it is all about. So, I checked episode 1 and found it really interesting and it is not what I thought it would be. The synopsis is a bit different from what had actually happened in episode 1.. The main leads are no longer in a relationship but they still live really close to one another and still very close and good friends with each other.. I found it rather weird actually on how they still could live and be really close with each other. Thou, I'm totally rooting for the leads to be together. They are just too cute and adorable together.

And I have also watched episode 2 and really looking forward to episode 3. From what I had gather, both of them still in love with each other. The main lead will totally get his heart rip apart when the female lead started to fall for the second lead... or at least started to date the second lead.. Wonder if there will be other woman in the male lead's life?

tessieroo
Owh... You are recaping this? I did not realise it... xDDD Yup... I too believe the male lead is still in love with her. Maybe because he got some sort of commitment issue, he is not ready to marry her. Maybe he is just trying to figure out something in his life. I think he knows that the female lead still in love with him, so he is not worry about her finding someone new. So, once the second lead is well establish in the female lead's life... Then, he will have to face the consequences of his action.

I still can't remember their name.. So, bear with me when I'm just calling them; female lead, male lead and such..

Oh yeah... I'm really wondering of her married friend's situation. I think they got married out of convenient. I feel that way since the first episode but I thought he was gay but it seems like I am wrong in that theory.. I still believe they got married out of convenience but there is something else going on with them. And I don't think she also cheat on him.

@Hafie - *waves* Glad you're here! Did you watch Season 1? It was amazing although the ending sucked. (it was still quite a departure from the normal K-drama stuff) I loved Season 1 and can't wait for this one to get going. tvN is just getting better and better with each drama they put out. 
I've been calling them "lead", "second lead" too. *heehee* Not used to the names just yet but I'll try. You thought the married guy was gay too? ROFL! That was the first thing I thought when I saw them pulling the beds apart! Turns out I was totally wrong - I can't wait to find out what exactly is going on and how they ended up married. 
I think SH is going to be hurt really bad when YM starts going out with second lead. (but he won't show it at all like he didn't show any concern over her going on a blind date) I also can't wait for the triangle to begin. 

tessieroo
kekekeke *waves* back at you.. Nope.. I haven't watch the first season yet. I wanted too the other day as I found the synopsis interesting and the characters' description were also nice and even by reading the characters' description I was rooting the female lead with the second lead. Then, I went to the thread here in Soompi and found out that she ended up with the ex... So... There goes my interest of watching the drama..
:(( :((

TVN really is going strong this year... I think almost all of their recent dramas make people go crazy over it.. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and also Shut Up Flower Boy band. Even birdie Buddy was good.. Thou, i haven't finish the drama yet but it was good. I really like the story. Even I love Lee Tae Ri was also interesting. Thou, I did not watch it.. I was just reading the recap but I found it more interesting than Big... >_<" Thou, i am watching Big but lots of fast forward...

hahahaha I was like O_o when they pull apart the bed and then the way he acted somehow make me think he was gay and then there was the scene after the golf thing in their hotel room when he back rub her, I was totally convince he was gay. So, when I saw him with another girl in the restaurant and then acting all manly and lovey dovey with the girl.. I was like wait the minute... He is not gay... Isn't he?  =)) =)) At first, i was thinking maybe the married couple story line was something like 'Personal taste'. You know maybe he was pretending to be gay or something cause somehow I'm rooting them to be together too... hehehehe

@Hafie - Oh, you should watch it! It's really good! Even though the ending wasn't what everyone wanted, it was still a really good drama. Such a refreshing change of pace from the norm. And like I said, the friendship between the girls is amazing. (plus the sex & kissing scenes were hot) *hee* Lots of really snappy, witty dialogue plus the music was great. 
I'm watching "Big" too but waiting for the younger guy to wake up. (LOL) That's the only thing keeping me interested although I love Gong Yoo but yea, lots of FF for me too. 
I'm now wondering...is the married girl the gay one? (maybe?) Did she marry him only for the business side of what he can do for her? Or was she genuinely hurt when he cheated? (THREE MONTHS AFTER THEIR WEDDING?) Wow, that's a new low.  =))

Guest kayana20

I am about to watch this in an hour and wow only 3 months and he cheats on her? that is low I would not even mind if  she cheats if her husband did that to her. I wonder what her purpose for marrying him was. though? will be back in 2 hours with my review. Tess season 1 was good until the last 4 episodes then it just got plain stupid. I stopped watching it. She should have stayed single.

Guest xoxdreamgurlazn209

Just finish both episode today haha i really enjoy this season like i did in season 1. I think i will enjoy this season more because of the story line. I just hope the ending won't be bad T-T. I really like the idea of the marriage situation and how he didn't want to get married because those are some real cases in real life. I feel like I am going to be torn between who I want the lead girl to be with. >___> and plus not to mention both leads areee cute! 

I've watched and really liked it! One shallow reason is my bias for Lee Jin Wook hahaha His acting has improved and more focused here as compared to Spy Myung Wol. His chemistry with Jung Yumi also adds to the engaging factor. I love seeing the flashbacks of their dating history! It somehow makes me feel more connected and understanding to their characters in their perspective in love. As for the plot, it's still early to judge since the drama just started. But I am excited how it's going to progress in the coming episodes! I hope it keeps getting better! 

Guest maknaeanna

So far, the two episodes I have seen are just zippity fun. It is fast-paced, and I just love that they focus on the female lead's sexual frustrations for once. It is so funny, yet so true. Some of her antics are just so hilariously embarrassing that I need to pause and process the situation before continuing. 
I'm liking what I see so far in the second male lead played by Kim Ji Suk. I have seen him in other projects before, but he never really struck me as charismatic or hot. In this drama though, he is really charming to me. 

tessieroo
Hahahaha I never thought she might be the gay one but you may have something there.. It does seems like he wanted something between them but she just refused.. This is when, he went home after his date...

kayana20
I know right.. If she is telling the truth about him cheating on her and she cheated on him.. That is just low.. and Yes... I wonder too what is the whole purpose of their marriage? Perhaps it was for her business?

Oh yeah... I don't really catch it but what does he actually does? Who is the famous one among them? Is it the husband or the wife?

kathykel
I was first wondering where have I seen him before cause he was really fimiliar to me. Then, I checked Dramawiki and boy was I surprise when i found out he was the hot and charming North Korean agent in
Spy Myung Wol. I really like him there and I'm really liking him right now... He really can act.. :D

OMG JUNG YOO MI AND LEE JIN WOOK, THEY CANNOT ACT ANY MORE CUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  EXCELLENT!!! THEY ARE REALLY SWEET.  LJW, FIGHTING!!!! INDEED I WAS UNHAPPY WITH HIS CHARACTER IN SMW WHICH WAS HIS COME BACK PROJECT AFTER HIS MS.  HE IS REALLY CUTE AND YOUNG EVEN IN THE HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM IN EP.1.  AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE LOVE DEV. BET. JYM AND KIM JI SUK.  KIM JI SUK HAS BECOME MORE MANLIER AFTER HIS MS.  I LIKED HIM IN PERSONAL TASTE. 
CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOW THE STORY PROGRESSES!!!!!!

Guest pb1212

I tried watching season 1 three times and never got past episode 1.

For season 2, I have already watched the first 2 episodes 3 times and can't wait for the next episode.

Jung Yumi  and Lee Jin Wook are super adorable. It just hits the right note for me.

The first two episodes are fast and funny. If  it continues at this pace it will be a lot of fun.

Edit: I don't mean to comparing the 2 seasons. Can't, because I didn't watch Season 1. Just that I was amazed at how quickly the characters, actors,
intrigued and entertained me this time around.

Archived