[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest ricecak3

I read the recap on http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/bridal-mask-e5-coming-up/ if you read near the bottom...
POSSIBLE ENDING OF GAKSITAL IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE END DONT READSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER
according to the manhwa(comic) Gaksital it ends...

Drama Gaksital is a mashup of the Manhwa-ga’s previous works – Gaksital and Swetongso (Iron bamboo flute). Swetongso was serialized for a while in an adult magazine beofore it ended.

Manhwa Gaksital’s ending ‘Kim Young’ becomes Gaksital following the footsteps of his hyung and come into conflict with Kimura who chases after him. In the end, Kimura dies because of Gaksital, Japanese empire collapses after the America drops nuclear bombs on them. The main character leaves with the woman he loves.

Manhwa Swetongso’s ending The main character is “Lee Kangto’.He is an orphan without parents and siblings, an inspector at Jongno Police Station. His best friend is called Uehara. Uehara = Swetongso Uehara opposes the Japanese imperailist system, a Japanese youth who stands up against his own country.

Also, he and Lee Kangto both fall for the same girl but he hides it from Kangto. Kangto kills Swetongso, then he realizes it is Uehara and wept in grief. Then he takes on the Swetongso identity. He singlehandedly killed the people at Jongno Police Station and set it on fire. He is conflicted by the oath he took to swear alligence to the Japanese and leaves his lover. He roams around Korea and there are various episodes on that, finally he saves a Japanese soldier in danger. Because that soldier looks like Uehara. As he runs away with that soldier he gets shot. That shot was fired by the Japanese soldier he saved Lee Kangto faces death with unexpected courage probably because he had killed many Japanese too. He feels remorse for the deaths he had caused and accepted his death calmly. Then just like in Gaksital, Japan got bombed and everyone forgot about Swetongso.

One sad, one happy ending. Basically this drama can go anywhere.

So...the drama could possibly end the same as the comic.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Starlitelet.  I'm so obsessed with this drama, it's not funny! 
I am totally caught up in it too. I could almost write a thesis with the amount of reading, analysing and philosophising. It feels as if my entire life is wrapped around this drama. 
This drama is so good that I am afraid of how it will go from here. I mean, episode 6's got to be the Mother of All Suspense, Angst, Grief and Turning Point in kdramaland. How is the show going to outdo itself from now on? It has delivered so far, in ways unimaginable and superb so I am keeping my fingers crossed. 
One subject matter I hope the writer can convince me is the KT and MD relationship. I don't want the MD falling in love with Gaksital, hating KT then suddenly loves KT when she finds out he is Gaksital. It just doesnt work that way. I will love to see her loving KT without the mask, however slow it takes(ok, maybe not too slow). I have no idea what the new KT will be like from episode 7 except that change in hairstyle so I can't see how MD can start loving him. That's the job of the writer to amaze us, hopefully as wonderful as it has been thus far. 

Guest flipz

mrdimples

One subject matter I hope the writer can convince me is the KT and MD relationship. I don't want the MD falling in love with Gaksital, hating KT then suddenly loves KT when she finds out he is Gaksital. It just doesnt work that way. I will love to see her loving KT without the mask, however slow it takes(ok, maybe not too slow). I have no idea what the new KT will be like from episode 7 except that change in hairstyle so I can't see how MD can start loving him. That's the job of the writer to amaze us, hopefully as wonderful as it has been thus far. 

Guest crazy lulu

i don't care if it might make for a better story to go all tragedy up in here, I WANT A GOOD, HAPPY ENDING. PLEEEEAASE!

luckily, i feel that's what the writers will give us. i know we're only up to ep 6, but i think to resolve the story in consideration of the times now, we'll get a good ending.

totally love the brother (kang san), :(( ,the actor's acting was awesome, :((

i don't understand why KT easily shot the bridal mask, when he knew the bridal mask had helped him before, didn't he has any curiosity to find the reason why the bridal mask had help him, i don't like the that Kang san died because KT shot him :-S, i prefer he died when he tried to help KT

I can't believe this. Just read that they are introducing a new female character in Kang To's life. Apparently a geisha who is in love(unrequited) with KT and helps him. Since Rie is still busy looking for information on KT, handicapped by lack of internet access and Mok Dan is wearing the nurse uniform but not actually helping his broken heart. 
Isn't he busy enough, holding 2 jobs? Seriously. I guess the ladies just can't resist badass guys like this. While Mok Dan takes her time, mulling over her masked hero, the queue is forming already. Please take a number, ladies.

~ just had a marathon of 6 episodes in order to catch up . . . and as expected, i love this action-packed series . . . i haven't been hooked up in this kind of genre since Damo . . . and i enjoy reading all the comments in this thread too!!!
 ~ i like all the characters (even the evil ones ;D he he he) . . . best of all i like how the story is being developed and how they have re-created the 1930's era - from the set to the fashion . . . and this was the Charleston era of my late grandmother  

Guest Starlitelet

Yay! It's almost here :3.
By the way, did anyone see Joo Won's stunt double or has he been doing all/most the stunts himself thus far?

Guest alysanne

@starlitelet: I read somewhere that as much as possible, he tries to do his own stunts.  Maybe they use a double when a stunt is particularly difficult or dangerous.  He did train and he did injure his wrist once doing a scene, so he definitely does some of the stunts.

Guest sunshine4ever

totally love the brother (kang san),

:(

( ,the actor's acting was awesome,

:(

(

i don't understand why KT easily shot the bridal mask, when he knew the bridal mask had helped him before, didn't he has any curiosity to find the reason why the bridal mask had help him, i don't like the that Kang san died because KT shot him :-S, i prefer he died when he tried to help KT

Guest flipz

maybe we can root for a happy ending, but I'm still thinking how the scriptwriters are going to save their characters especially KT.

Archived