• Created
  • Last Reply

KT

as Gaksital

(from ep7 preview) B-)

http://s8.postimage.org/5iqver9ol/tumblr_m5m55aa_XZP1rqr5mqo3_1280.jpg

I put a link to the pic so those who haven't yet seen the epi can avoid spoiler

:)

In my opinion Gaksital's mask is the best mask to disguise the identity of its bearer I've ever seen in TV series or movies and that is not a full face mask. Usually, you can see masks where the top half of the face is visible and you have no problem identifying the person underneath so it's unfathomable for me how people who'd seen the man before are unable to recognize him with the mask on (yes, CH, I'm looking at you again 8-|). Namely the prominent cheekbones of the mask make it so difficult to identify him and I must admit even though I knew from the plot that it was Kang To as Gaksital today I had still trouble to identify him until I got a very good close-up of his face.

On the other hand, the white hanbok is quite inconvenient. Be it day or night Gaksital is  an easy target while wearing it and constantly in danger. I'm really suprised Kangsan survived so many years without getting killled because even half blind sniper would hit him in that outfit. :-O

By the way, have you noticed the new hairstyle Kang To will be wearing in the next episode? Sleek and elegant I love it :x

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!

Le sigh, writer-nim really likes to have us all go on a roller coaster ride.

With no family to protect, where will Kangto's allegiance go to now? The masters he thought would help him make it big turn out to be the ones who hurt him!

I want to see how Mok Dan reacts when she finds out who gaksital is now heh!

Wow....that was.....I think my mouth was like this   :-O   throughout the whole episode! 

I'll be back to write more after I watch it with subtitles but I am extremely curious if the death of his family will be his driving force because

honestly he killed his brother and he killed the man that killed his mother so what will it be?

Guest Starlitelet

OK, I SWEAR I WAS HAVING A MENTAL/EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN FROM THE OVERLOAD OF DRAMA.
And that's coming from someone who has only seen it in raw. 
Oh my golly, it's like a drama packed on top of drama that's packed on top of craziness... Seriously, Bridal Mask revolves around more dramas than A LOT of standalone dramas I know! How the hell are they able to keep up with the suspense? I give a standing ovation to my computer screen the geniuses behind this project. Bridal Mask is the kind of drama that makes me believe that my faith in Korean dramas has not been wasted after-all; it just requires a bit of patience ;). Judging from the 6 episodes thus far, it is much better than some of the 16-24 episode dramas out nowadays. I tell you, quality over quantity.
Ok, so back to episode 6. 
We thought that Kang To had it bad when his mother died from that wretched Kenji, but no, the writer(s) want to add more tension. So what do they do? They make Kang To protect the man who killed his mother by killing his own brother. Is that twisted enough? No, let's make it worst! Kang To finds out immediately that his mother is also dead. There must be questions after questions spiraling in his mind. Sadly, he didn't even have time to sort out his business. He realizes right away who killed his mother thanks to that guy. He then gets knocked out in a blur. Low and behold, he awakes, and instead of being calmed down, he sees fire set to his house along with his dead family. W.T.H? He didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to his mother and brother properly. Now, don't tell me that's not bad enough. It's worst than bad. I used to think the quote, "And yet to every bad, there is a worse" applies to my scenarios, but hell no to Kang To. He has been knocked down to the far pit of hell within a span of a couple of hours. I wanted to hug my screen when I saw his face all like that...
All I can think about is Joo Won's poor face.... his face contortions when he found out about his brother and mother's deaths... GAHH. Heck, when he wore the mask, and did all the bad** moves on Kenji at the station, I was punching the air myself! Shunji also looked so awesome when he pulled out the sword! Shunji vs Kangto made me have goosebumps.That's how much I'm feeling the character, phewww. I seriously didn't want it to end. This episode flew by too quickly. I didn't even want to blink.

oh my god..

i knew it.. i knew that today's episode will make me cry like a little baby >__<

my poor KT..my poor baby..oh my god..so much pain..the most painful thing i've ever seen..the most REAL and PAINFUL crying scene i've ever seen in Kdramas..

oh my gosh..>___<

i've never thought even for a second that KT will be the one who will kill his brother..i almost die when he shot him..it was so damn sad watching him seeing his brother who was his forever enemy dying in his arms..and when he calls his mother not knowing she is dead too " mother come here my hyung is dead"
and when he didn't see and response he get up with his angry face entering to the home where he saw his mother laying there he shout at her "you didn't hear me calling you..hurry..get up" and when he take the cover of her he saw the blood and the shot in her chest he fell in the ground and he screamed oh my god..that was real..a real feeling..a real crying scene ..this is not act..he is not acting..his pain reached to every bones in my body..i Felt it like it was me screaming..

he run outside to his brother's dead body then he shout at him " Gaksital..you are calling yourself a hero who protect the people of Joseon..stop kidding me..you couldn't even protect your mother ..you let our mother die..while you save the people of Joseon. .stop kidding me.. stop kidding me you bastard..it's all because of you, right?!!..it's all because of you that our mother died , it's all because of you Gaksital "
oh my god..i was crying like REAL CRYING..in less than 10 seconds i cried my heart out..seeing TK remember his old times with his brother, mother  and with Gaksital and how did he protected him back then..how couldn't he notice that Gaksital have never even fight with him with his full power?!!!!!!!

oh my gosh..those bastards when they burn their house ohhhhhhhhhhh my god..i can't tell you how i felt when KT was screaming "Mother..hyung" outside..

okay this is so sad..>__<

when KT decided to be Gaksital that was to take revenge of that son of B***h..and that scene was amazing..not the killing scene i mean how did he entered there and oh my god he look so good with the mask and he is so tall..why he is so tall?!!!! totally amazing..
i've never thought that he will kill SJ's brother..but well now SJ have a good reason to join the army to kill Gaksital..anyway..i'm so excited to this drama
when i'm saying it's the best drama of the year i really mean it..

next episode.. everyone will think that Gaksital is dead..KT pretend to be Gaksital just to kill the person who killed his mother but i think when he know why his brother pretend to be a crazy mental man and the reason why did he became Gaksital he will start to continue the fight that his brother  started because he will actually knows the real truth of their father's death..
I LOVE TOTALLY LOVE..how will KT have this two different hair styles..one for officer kang to the bad guy..and one for Gaksital the good guy..he looks so hot in both of them..

780212447.jpg

524021536.jpg

984558815.jpg

but what makes me sad that he will continue making MD hating him as his real self and that's all because of his friend..i mean for the god sake..doesn't he know that his brother was a complete bastard..doesn't he knows that Gaksital is the good guy in here?!!
well, it doesn't matter as long as MD knows that Gaksital is the good guy in here..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..i can't wait for more of this drama it's amazing..with all the means..i can't stop thinking about it..
it's bringing out all the emotions inside me..LOVE..HATE..SADNESS..happiness..excitement..everything..

I'm in LOVE with this drama..Gaksital DAEBAK !!!

I can't wait for more of MD and TK ( our hero Gaksital)
and you may rest in peace KS..i will really miss you >___<

and let's all have this group hug for our poor KT..i really want to give him a really big hug but i can't help but standing on a chair or something at first because i'm so short  and he is soooooooo TALL (=

awww..it's this look..this is so saaaaaaaaaaaaaad >__________________<

209147270.jpg

source : @ Bridal mask tumblr

Guest nauna

This drama, the last 2 episodes especially, is so thick with tragic irony.

KT aligns himself with the occupying regime in order to provide for and protect his family, creating a rift between himself and his family and people, but then the side he works for  ends up being responsible for his mother's death. Because he works for the Imperial gov't., his brother doesn't trust him enough to reveal his alter ego as Gaskital, and because he doesn't know the truth, KT hunts down Gaskital and unknowingly kills his own brother while at the same time saving the life of the man who shot his mother. His own people, who justifiably hate him, then burn his house down.He loses mother, brother, home, and purpose all in one giant blow. He then assumes his brother's alter ego in order to exact revenge on his mother's killer, who happens to be his best friends brother, and kills him right in front of said best friend. Setting the stage for irreparable conflict between the two.  @-) But wait...there's more... He also finds out he and his best friend share the same first love. They don't recognize each other when they meet again and he slaps, tortures, and verbally abuses her. He finally realizes who she is, but she still doesn't recognize him, and now loathes his ever-living guts and she tries to kill him, so he (albeit unknowingly), shoots and almost kills her.  #-o

It can't get much more dark and twisty then that, can it?

OMG WTHHHHH I was gasping and crying the whole time during the episode. WTHHH Why did they have to let KT kill the brother of his friend? Although I am too happy to get rid of him. He really speaks so annoying with his mouth twisting. Sorry, but he really got on my nerves by killing KT's mom and doing those things to KT and MD too.

Now, why couldnt they have KS kill that guy? Now I fear that only death can give peace to KT. But that would be so lame, cuz his whole family has already died, he needs to produce some heirs ^^ with Mokdan :P. PLEASE let this drama have a HAPPY ending man, please please....

I want more and more KT and MD, and Shunji gets on my nerves, the guy is so annoying and childish..he is actually like a puppy...I hope he can redeem himself, I mean I know its hard and unbearable to see your own brother die, but what has Shunji done for good? He is only there smiling like a sick puppy infront of MD. He gladly accepts his brother and father doing all those bad things and has the guts to go after Gaksital?!

Guest trixicopper

This drama, the last 2 episodes especially, is so thick with tragic irony.

KT aligns himself with the occupying regime in order to provide for and protect his family, creating a rift between himself and his family and people, but then the side he works for  ends up being responsible for his mother's death. Because he works for the Imperial gov't., his brother doesn't trust him enough to reveal his alter ego as Gaskital, and because he doesn't know the truth, KT hunts down Gaskital and unknowingly kills his own brother while at the same time saving the life of the man who shot his mother. His own people, who justifiably hate him, then burn his house down.He loses mother, brother, home, and purpose all in one giant blow. He then assumes his brother's alter ego in order to exact revenge on his mother's killer, who happens to be his best friends brother, and kills him right in front of said best friend. Setting the stage for irreparable conflict between the two.  @-) But wait...there's more... He also finds out he and his best friend share the same first love. They don't recognize each other when they meet again and he slaps, tortures, and verbally abuses her. He finally realizes who she is, but she still doesn't recognize him, and now loathes his ever-living guts and she tries to kill him, so he (albeit unknowingly), shoots and almost kills her.  #-o

OMG WTHHHHH I was gasping and crying the whole time during the episode. WTHHH Why did they have to let KT kill the brother of his friend? Although I am too happy to get rid of him. He really speaks so annoying with his mouth twisting. Sorry, but he really got on my nerves by killing KT's mom and doing those things to KT and MD too.

Now, why couldnt they have KS kill that guy? Now I fear that only death can give peace to KT. But that would be so lame, cuz his whole family has already died, he needs to produce some heirs ^^ with Mokdan :P. PLEASE let this drama have a HAPPY ending man, please please....

I want more and more KT and MD, and Shunji gets on my nerves, the guy is so annoying and childish..he is actually like a puppy...I hope he can redeem himself, I mean I know its hard and unbearable to see your own brother die, but what has Shunji done for good? He is only there smiling like a sick puppy infront of MD. He gladly accepts his brother and father doing all those bad things and has the guts to go after Gaksital?!

Guest Starlitelet

Joowon's acting skills are absolutely amazing. The emotional breakdown that he went through in the most recent episode really showed that is a great actor. I've been waiting for him to snap out of that Jap mutt self of his. 

Guest vDrak

Just watched episode 6!

I like how the director made a clean cut out of episode 6. They didn't drag on too much, everything was done and get to the point on that episode. Episode 6 was more like a filler episode than a regular ones, which I'm glad they all done it in one go. Cause some drama, they drag on so much that it toke the hero 2-3 episodes to know who did what and what he must do.

Very emotional episode, very dramatic and heart wreaking. At least all the sad part will be over for Kang-to atm, and next few episodes we can see more actions and detective work, and maybe some romance going on. ;].

Leading a hero life is sad, but this is what he must do.

Another week of Bridal Mask!

Guest jordi

FULL RATINGS
6th episode
AGBNationwide: 15,0% (+0,5%) - 1st in this ranking in slot 21:55-23:10Seoul: 15,7% (+0,3%) - 1st
TNSNationwide: 15,5% (+1,7%) - 1stSeoul: 16,3% (+2,2%) - 1st

SBS Ghost - AGB: 12,2% / 13,7% ; TNS: 13,1% / 16,0%MBC I Do, I Do - AGB: 9,2% / 10,6% ; TNS: 9,0% / 11,3%

Guest ricecak3

Hello everyone, I've just been following this thread since episode 1. I've been hooked ever since and decided to make an account after watching episode 6, solely just for this thread. Episode 6 just left me speechless and emotional. I figure this is now the turning point of Kang to avenging for his family and fighting against the Japanese. Can't wait for next week, gah im so desperate for the next episode. By the way, anyone know what happened to Dam Sa Ri, Mok Dan's(Boon Yi) father? I recall him appearing only in the first episode. Do you think he will have a role in the upcoming episodes?

Archived