Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@vDrak & @marie67 : You're not the only ones! Cannot wait for episode 5!!!! I can see myself this week watching episode 4 maybe 2/3 times or I may just rewatch from episode 1 to kill my time! QIHM finished today so I've only got BM on my watching list. Not too keen on the other dramas but I might give Ghost a go in a few weeks time. I also cannot wait for dramabeans recap! Anyone else recapping Bridal Mask other than DB and Soulsrebel?

i'm slow so i don't understand why Mok Dan have like 3 different names, i imagine that Mok Dan is her birth name and Esther was the name given by the church(?) she stayed and what about Boon Yi? lol sorry for the dumb question.

episode 4 was better than yesterday episode imo, there were some good revelations and we can see conflicting emotions from KT and other characters, at least i know his heart it's not made of ice :P. Even Shunji lost his temper lol.
The family scenes was what made this episode for me, not only his mother prayed showing that even if KT was lost and felt that no one supported his actions at least his mom still love him and have hope that he'll come to his senses.

i'm excited for episode 5!

i'm slow so i don't understand why Mok Dan have like 3 different names, i imagine that Mok Dan is her birth name and Esther was the name given by the church(?) she stayed and what about Boon Yi? lol sorry for the dumb question.

episode 4 was better than yesterday episode imo, there were some good revelations and we can see conflicting emotions from KT and other characters, at least i know his heart it's not made of ice

:P

. Even Shunji [color=#ffff99]lost his temper [/color]lol.

The family scenes was what made this episode for me, [color=#ffff99]not only his mother prayed showing that even if KT was lost and felt that no one supported his actions at least his mom still love him and have hope that he'll come to his senses.[/color]

i'm excited for episode 5!

GAksiTal is awesome...it's to early.,but my emotion already loss here..many great scene in last night episode..but like i have said yesterday..look at BM rating...catching up like crazy..!! :)) =D>

-quiescent

wrote:

»

It seems like they've filmed probably 4-5 episodes before the show aired last week. Thumbs up to them. I hate live-action filming, unfortunately it shows the deteriorating of quality of episodes (happened so many times I can't even count). <br />

AHHHH... I'm suppose to be in the middle of doing assignments and here I come and check this thread again.Obsession is such a scary thing.. and i'm graduating in 2 weeks time and I still have half of my final project not done yet.BM is totally not helping my graduation T_______T 
But I'm so glad to see the sharp increase in ratings  from the previous episode. YAYI think Koreans love emotional, family and romance scenes. 
The end of episode when KT shot Dan, it was like a shot through his heart when he realized he shot Dan, his first love and I think she will also be the only one since he never show any interest in other girls before besides flirting with the girls in club. Their love is so twisted right now.
I actually felt that KT said those harsh words in front of Shunji purposely to get hit. I think he felt a lot of remorse for what he did to Dan and wanted to feel better if someone hit him. It was an emotional outlash and also he was angry with himself and fate. Imagine if he found out that Dan is Boon when he already got her executed, the girl that he asked to "live"? His life will be filled with regret so I think the thought that he almost kill Dan scares him. 

After reading so many good comments about this drama, I felt like i have to be the bad egg here and point out some flaws. To tell you guys the truth, i felt like the drama is missing something and I think its the correct directing and editing. I saw a few comments earlier about the stunt double. It was so obvious that it was not the actor. I also thought it was another bridal mask but seemed like it was indeed a stunt double. Also, KT shot MD near the heart or stomach and she is still able to survive to be tourture the next episode according to the preview. My only reaction was HUH?!  /:) couldn't he have shot her in the arm or leg? That would have made more sense. If I was shot like that I would have be dead or in the kdrama world, comatose! But for the good part. I am still enjoying the story line,the action, the actors and actresses. 
Btw, wasn't anyone effected by the Japanese gang/club in ep.3? When that guy stabbed himself to die with honor, I was like HOLY COW! Those Japanese guys are not to be messed with! 
Anyway, enough of my bubbling. Can't wait for episode 5&6. Hopefully the transformation come soon, which i think it will due to KT hair (starting to look familiar to bridal mask hair LOL) Have a great upcoming weekend everyone! 

I watching BM ep 1-2 , it's still dragged me over and over again.
This drama is so great..
just wondering..who is the guy that mok dan waiting for? is he kang san or kang to?
her childhood friend who gave her a knife..pls chingu let me know...jut too curious..

((( Episodes 01-03)))"Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs"Subtitles brought to you by:...~ "The Bridal Mask Team" ~
The softsubs are synced as labeled.
The individual RapidShare links for the softsubs...KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E01.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srtKBS2.Bridal.Mask.E02.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srtKBS2.Bridal.Mask.E03.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

NOTE: MediaFire links seems to be getting blocked, so links from now on will be from RapidShare file host.

I watching BM ep 1-2 , it's still dragged me over and over again.

This drama is so great..

just wondering..who is the guy that mok dan waiting for? is he kang san or kang to?

her childhood friend who gave her a knife..pls chingu let me know...jut too curious..

I agree last episode was really good.  Also... the new girl Han Chae-Ah (Ueno Rie?) so pretty~~ yessss!

((( Episodes 01-03)))"Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs"Subtitles brought to you by:...~ "The Bridal Mask Team" ~
The softsubs are synced as labeled.
The individual RapidShare links for the softsubs...KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E01.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E02.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E03.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

NOTE: MediaFire links seems to be getting blocked, so links from now on will be from RapidShare file host.Another version of the posting editors... ...sorry my previous post used an older posting template.

@Thie-tha - Its kangto
@kdrama4tw9 - the 3rd episode where the japanese samurai kills himself made me think of gintama where the shinsengumi (samurai force) lieutenant keeps telling his samurai to commit seppuku when they mess up

New to this thread, but OMG how much am I loving this drama????
Hands down, it's my favorite in my weekly line up. I think it's merit is in that it's extremely fast moving with lots of action and just enough melodrama sprinkled to keep the girls hanging onto the pseudo-hero's every word.

I'm really blown away by Ju Won's acting skills, especially in that scene where he's with Kenji at the club and reciting a monologue about how he has mixed feelings about loving and killing his first love. Beautiful!

@kittenmasks

Yeah, I thought of the same thing. Kang-san might already know Mok Dan is the past Boon-yi, thus he felt remorse and he had wronged her.

This was because when he rescue the young Kang-to from the killer, they started to run after their mother, but Kang-to didn't want to go, he wanted to save Boon-yi too. Kang-san didn't listen and pulled him forward, and both of them though that she had died. So I'm guessing Kang-san feeling sorry towards her and he is now helping her as much as possible, knowing that she is alive.

ANOTHER version is that; Kang-san is the Bridal Mask, and his is job to protect the people of Joseon. Therefore, rescuing Mok Dan was just a duty to protect Joseon people. Why he rescuing her so much and not other people? Well, most of the time she went alone and cause all the ruckus, he can't just sit there and let her die lol. He also did rescue all those implicated of being "Bridal Mask" too. So I'm not so sure if he have any romantic feelings towards her alone, probably not. But these are my guesses (;.

@nyckira

Yessss! That's Han Chae-ah! (:. She was great in "Hero" and I can't wait to see more of her here.

I don't mind if she likes Kang-to too. More hotties for him :D.

Also, KT shot MD near the heart or stomach and she is still able to survive to be tourture the next episode according to the preview. My only reaction was HUH?!  /:) couldn't he have shot her in the arm or leg? That would have made more sense. If I was shot like that I would have be dead or in the kdrama world, comatose! But for the good part. I am still enjoying the story line,the action, the actors and actresses. 
I think it's too early to pass judgment on this because we haven't see what happens afterward like if an amount of time has passed or something. Also, we don't know how badly the wound is so until we get a more clear cut answer I wouldn't count this as a flaw but I definitely agreed with the stunt double issue that's been brought up. At first I thought it was just me but it's nice to know that everyone noticed it too. =)
Btw, wasn't anyone effected by the Japanese gang/club in ep.3? When that guy stabbed himself to die with honor, I was like HOLY COW! Those Japanese guys are not to be messed with! 
All the people there are samurais so according to the samurai code it's more honorable to commit suicide than to die by the hands of your enemies. Also, something to point out about this scene is that the guy killed himself with a small sword -- all samurais carries two swords. The long one (like that guy who beheaded him) and the small one. The long sword is used in battles and whatnot and the small one is only used to commit suicide or seppuku. However, the whole thing is part of seppuku too. The most common act of it is the samurai cutting himself and someone cutting off his head. 
In any case I think I was more surprised by the fact that this ritual was still practice or at least shown in the drama since it had been abandoned as a form of punishment sometimes during the late 1800s. 
Honestly, I think it's just a coincidence. Kang-san helps anyone that's being harm and it just so happens that Mok Dan is always in trouble with the law. The first time she threw rocks during a funeral and Kang-san was already there to interrupt it. It just seems right to help Mok Dan too since she was technically doing the same thing he was. The second time that he "saved" her I think he was really there to save her father instead and since she was there too he had to help her. Lastly the third time it happened...well, she was being used as bait as in being killed for him to show up so of course he had to help her. 
I think Mok Dan feels a connection toward him because he's always helping her but I don't think he really feels the same way because it just seems like he's helping her to help her and nothing more. 

@endeavor.

I think Mok Dan feels a connection toward him because he's always helping her but I don't think he really feels the same way because it just seems like he's helping her to help her and nothing more. 

@endeavor: Re: the stunt doubles -- So that means we can tell, later on, if it's Joo Won who's doing his own stunts for certain scenes. LOL. Does that mean we're ruling out the idea that there may be more than one Gaksital?

I'm not sure that Kang- san knows that Mok Dan is Boon-yi. I think it's more likely when he saved her at the funneral procession that he was just doing his thing as Gaksital. After the court proceedings etc.,I wouldn't be suprised if he knows who's daughter she is and that plays a part in why he continues to protect/save her. I doubt he has any romantic interest in her,even though she seems to have a pretty good case of hero worship going on, :)

Anyway, I hope this drama continues on as well as it has started. Because so far I'm loving every minute of it!  I would love to get my hands on the original story. I'm curious as to how close the production is staying to the source material. It feels like this story is going to be an angst-a-palooza. I'm stocking up on tissues just in case! :)