Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

Hey, guys! I've decided to stop being a lurker & to join the discussion :)>-  I'm a fan of "Bridal Mask" since ep 1 and my obsession with this drama just keeps on growing with every new ep :x So much so that I'm even watching it raw and live without waiting for subs lol

About those screeencaps and the possibility of Kang To being BM, yeah, when I first saw the preview, I also thought that the profile of BM in those police office scenes didn't look like KS but more like Kang To. I'm now even more excited for ep 5.

P.S - English is not my native language so sorry if there are some mistakes ;)

What so Jin se yung (i mean the lead actress) is in real life a sister of Moon Chae Won?

Hi Everyone,

Bridal Mask Episodes 3-4 English Soft-Sub Subtitles are out.

image-787C_4FC62E71.jpg

Bridal Mask Episodes 3-4 English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4767-bridal-mask-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

@bluedelacour: Sorry if I got the infos wrong. It's been quite a while ^^;
@marie67: Seems like I confused you even further ^^;. Haha - no problem though.

@snguyenova1

Nice HQ pictures you got there!

From the angle that it is taken, it resembles Kang-to a lot. But if Kang-to were to wear the Bridal Mask, then he must have or supposedly already met his brother and found out that his brother is behind Bridal Mask? Or maybe he just made a Bridal Mask to rescue Mok Dan. Or maybe it was just a stunt double. Lol. So many possibilities.

I can't help but notice the difference in the 2 Bridal Mask. In the interview, they said that the Bridal Mask made especially for Kang-san was enlarge around the nose area, because he got a big nose lol. That actor was funny in Family Outing.

So if you compare the 2 Bridal Mask together, the nose of the Mask is completely different. Haha.

I'm counting down the days for Bridal Mask (;.

ok, so i've compiled a list of young actors who could've played lee kangto.

lee seungi
kim soohyun
kim bum
ji chang wook
lee minho
joo won

all leading man material.

lee seungi, for some reason, even with his baby face can pull off the cynical act convincingly. seung gi as kangto would've been believable enough.

kim soohyun, though i see him as a nice guy mostly, can pull of intensity too. and i kind of love his acting.

kim bum, okay, the dude is the most shouty of this bunch, but we know it's in his range to be moody, so i think he would've worked the role well.

ji chang wook, he's warrior baek dong soo to me, so he could've carried a role like this. he's a little shouty when he wants to be but lots of potential.

lee minho, sigh, i kind of wish i was blind so i could pretend he is just THAT good. like a commenter said about his performance in city hunter, he was supposed to BE a cool vigilante, fighting for justice in a corrupt world, but instead, he was just a pretty boy in a vigilante costume. he is NOT an action star/super hero. i wish he was. he is not.

joo won... is lee kangto. ha. joo won is not shouty. i've seen shouty. what he's done so far is what i think lee kangto would do in his desperation to find gaksital and please the order he works for.

i've only seen joo won in and out of ojakgyo brothers, but with gaksital, i am officially a fan. he's doing awesome. can't wait for wednesday! the show's been on my mind, obviously, since i'm here with hypotheticals. haha.

'till wednesday. ~

I am so in love with Bridal Mask! Everyone in the show is perfect for their role. Can Wednesdays and Thursdays come any faster!!!

I love this drama. It reminds me of a much superior City Hunter or Capital Scandal. Each actor/character is jus so mesmerizing on screen. Every character and almost every moment is so important to the overall arc of the story. You can tell the writers really take care to look at the small as well as the big picture. The cinematography is gorgeous. I love the way they film the action scenes and major props to the costume and set designers for the clothes and vibrant colors.
Joo Won is doing a fabulous job playing Kang-to. He makes me both love and loath the character in a matter of seconds. I think it will break his heart when he finds out about his brother. That has been one of his biggest motives in doing what he does only to find out it has all been a lie, just pretend. That the hyung he looks up to and wants to  save is lie their father in that he puts the movement above everything else. I am curious as to how that transforms his character.
Of the two kick richard simmons females, I am in love with Rei. Soo much badassness in those scenes we got. We also learn something of her values and code of basic human conduct in the situation involving the waiter. I cannot wait for the show to divel into her backstory and show us why like Kang-to she is against her mother country and is loyal to Japan and calls the creepy ahjussi (he was waaay too handsy) father. 
I am in the minority here (I think an island actually) but I am more interested in Rei and Kang-to than Kang-to/Man Duk. I feel Rei and Kang-to would be explosive together. They are both badass, in someways feel betrayed by their mother country and from that are driven to side with the "enemy" (so far that is), and they are/will be on the opposite sides of the issue. I need them to be have a Spy vs. Spy dynamic with a bit of love/attraction thrown in the mix. As much as I like Man Duk I don't really feel the chemistry between her and Kang-to. I mean I enjoy their scenes together. Love the cat-mouse chase they have going on. But I feel no romance between them. She hates him. Finding out he is the owner of the knife doesn't magically erase/dismiss all the awful things he's done or her reasons for hating him. Also dramas have been there done that too many times with the whole I-found-my-true-love-when-I-was-five-fate-worked-its-mojo-in-seperating-us-now-and-now-it-does-it-again-to-bring-us-togetehr *le sigh* also tired of two brothers or best friends always being in love with the same girl. 

I love this drama. It reminds me of a much superior City Hunter or Capital Scandal. Each actor/character is jus so mesmerizing on screen. Every character and almost every moment is so important to the overall arc of the story. You can tell the writers really take care to look at the small as well as the big picture. The cinematography is gorgeous. I love the way they film the action scenes and major props to the costume and set designers for the clothes and vibrant colors.

Joo Won is doing a fabulous job playing Kang-to. He makes me both love and loath the character in a matter of seconds. I think it will break his heart when he finds out about his brother. That has been one of his biggest motives in doing what he does only to find out it has all been a lie, just pretend. That the hyung he looks up to and wants to  save is lie their father in that he puts the movement above everything else. I am curious as to how that transforms his character.

Of the two kick ass females, I am in love with Rei. Soo much badassness in those scenes we got. We also learn something of her values and code of basic human conduct in the situation involving the waiter. I cannot wait for the show to divel into her backstory and show us why like Kang-to she is against her mother country and is loyal to Japan and calls the creepy ahjussi (he was waaay too handsy) father. 

I am in the minority here (I think an island actually) but I am more interested in Rei and Kang-to than Kang-to/Man Duk. I feel Rei and Kang-to would be explosive together. They are both badass, in someways feel betrayed by their mother country and from that are driven to side with the "enemy" (so far that is), and they are/will be on the opposite sides of the issue. I need them to be have a Spy vs. Spy dynamic with a bit of love/attraction thrown in the mix. As much as I like Man Duk I don't really feel the chemistry between her and Kang-to. I mean I enjoy their scenes together. Love the cat-mouse chase they have going on. But I feel no romance between them. She hates him. Finding out he is the owner of the knife doesn't magically erase/dismiss all the awful things he's done or her reasons for hating him. Also dramas have been there done that too many times with the whole I-found-my-true-love-when-I-was-five-fate-worked-its-mojo-in-seperating-us-now-and-now-it-does-it-again-to-bring-us-togetehr *le sigh* also tired of two brothers or best friends always being in love with the same girl. 

ok, so i've compiled a list of young actors who could've played lee kangto.

lee seungi
kim soohyun
kim bum
ji chang wook
lee minho
joo won

all leading man material.

lee seungi, for some reason, even with his baby face can pull off the cynical act convincingly. seung gi as kangto would've been believable enough.

kim soohyun, though i see him as a nice guy mostly, can pull of intensity too. and i kind of love his acting.

kim bum, okay, the dude is the most shouty of this bunch, but we know it's in his range to be moody, so i think he would've worked the role well.

ji chang wook, he's warrior baek dong soo to me, so he could've carried a role like this. he's a little shouty when he wants to be but lots of potential.

lee minho, sigh, i kind of wish i was blind so i could pretend he is just THAT good. like a commenter said about his performance in city hunter, he was supposed to BE a cool vigilante, fighting for justice in a corrupt world, but instead, he was just a pretty boy in a vigilante costume. he is NOT an action star/super hero. i wish he was. he is not.

joo won... is lee kangto. ha. joo won is not shouty. i've seen shouty. what he's done so far is what i think lee kangto would do in his desperation to find gaksital and please the order he works for.

i've only seen joo won in and out of ojakgyo brothers, but with gaksital, i am officially a fan. he's doing awesome. can't wait for wednesday! the show's been on my mind, obviously, since i'm here with hypotheticals. haha.

'till wednesday. ~

Just decided watching this today, to see what the fuss is about. And 4 hours later, I got through all of it thats been aired. I can't wait to see the relationship of Rye and Kang-to. We all know it's not going to work, but she's a pretty intriguing character. Oh man, how did I get stuck watching multiple shows. Guess I gotta add an hour to watch this before/after Ghost. heh

Even though there's the same jizz to their childhood, their recent encounter as adults is definitely different

Just decided watching this today, to see what the fuss is about. And 4 hours later, I got through all of it thats been aired. I can't wait to see the relationship of Rye and Kang-to. We all know it's not going to work, but she's a pretty intriguing character. Oh man, how did I get stuck watching multiple shows. Guess I gotta add an hour to watch this before/after Ghost. heh

@Starlitelet:  I first saw Joo Won on Baker King as well.  I didn't get to watch OB, though.  He's also the reason why I started watching 1 Night 2 Days Season 2, though now, Tae-woong and Tae-hyun keep me watching that show as well. :D  I remember most people were so shocked by Joo Won's portrayal of Kang-to after seeing him on 1N2D being so adorkable.  The reverse happened to me, in that I was shocked to see him being so adorkable in 1N2D after being such an angsty pain-in-the-backside on Baker King.  I swear, seeing two different Joo Wons every week can really mess with your brain.  LOL

He does make a good action star.  (I haven't seen his cop movie with Tae-woong yet, though.)  He's athletic, and seems willing to get in there and do all those action scenes.  I haven't noticed many stunt stand-ins for him yet, if at all.

His overall look is also a very good fit for the character compared to the other names that have been tossed around in the Bridal Mask discussions.  There's just something about him that fits the period (except maybe for the hair, but I can forgive that) and the personality so well.

After re-watching the episodes, I've changed my mind about him being too shouty.  I get it now, I think his character really is just...well, angry.  LOL  And it works considering his past and what he has to go through now.  I think this is really how his character was conceptualized by both the writer and the PD.  Can't wait to see how he'll handle the romantic scenes.

And yes, Jin Se Yun! I agree, her beauty is very natural. I haven't seen her performance before, but I like her here. :)

@alysanne:  Is 1 Night 2 Days good? I never heard of it O.o.
Yeah, it does seem like Joo Won does most of the stunts so far for Bridal Mask. To be honest, I'm not too great at differentiating a stunt stand-in and the actual actor anyway ^^;. The only time I know that it's the actual actor in action is if I see their face... as obvious as that sounds - haha.
I agree with your take on Joo Won. 
It's quite funny that you mentioned re-watching the episodes because I have done so myself (at least with the 1st episode). I remember I had a weird experience with the first episode, but now that I have watched it over again, I take back my words. I enjoyed it a lot more because I know the basic backgrounds of the characters now. Before, I just didn't care for any of the old folks. Now it's a lot more interesting since I'm more invested. However, I still thought all the flying martial arts were rather cheesy. It seems like they have toned it down now. Like there's less emphasis on the bridal mask himself. I prefer when they do the slow motion captures emphasizing other people surrounding the fight as well. It's just weird to focus on Bridal Mask and his slick moves, while other corrupted citizens reacting like meme cartoon characters - haha.
By the way, don't worry about feeling crazy seeing 2-face Joo Won - haha! That just means he's a really great actor. I'm looking forward to his future projects even though this one isn't done yet.

@starlitelet: 1 Night 2 Days is a long-running variety show.  Season 1 was on for 5 years.  Season 2 just started this year with 4 new cast members, including Joo Won.  He is adorkable on the show.  In the last episode, he ran to another cast member and asked him to kill a bug in his room. LOL. The show is hilarious.  I watch it when I want to take a break from dramas, both on TV and in real life. ;)  Here's the link to download English hard-subbed episodes if you want to check them out; here's a link to the Season 2 premiere recap on Dramabeans, if you want to know what the show is like. :)

I can't wait to see the relationship of Rye and Kang-to. We all know it's not going to work, but she's a pretty intriguing character

My exact thoughts. I know these two won't workout but just seeing her character and from their brief passing know her character/their relationship (whatever relationship they end up having) has me very intrigued. 
@ marie6 7(thank you fir the name correction) and starlitelet for me when you take away the bridal mask aspect and the setting, Man Duk and Kang-to relationship is really not that different from many that I have already seen in kdramas. Yes none torture each other (I can only think of one other drama I have seen this in) but plenty do the from hate/deep dislike/annoyance to love storyline. I must admit that I rarely ship the main couple in dramas (i.e, I desperately wanted Lee Byung Hun to fall for Kim So Yeon in IRIS instead of the main couple of he and Kim Tae Hee) and have a huge tendency to fall for second lead characters and their lives. I am 99.3% sure they are the end game, but relationships like theirs never really grab me but the rest of you enjoy.