[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest pianogirl591

holy crabbbbbb episode 3 left me breathless D: so.freakin.amazingly.intense. Can't wait till tomorrow!!! *spazzfest*

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pas_sub

Bridal Mask Ep.3 now available At http://fantasy4mylife.wordpress.com and http://fantasy4mylife.blogspot.com/.

Just finished watching ep3 and I gotta say this is really a DARK drama.

I was worried whether i can take all the violence and cruelty because I saw comments saying that KT beat his brother and the residents up so I was a bit hesitant to watch ep3... However, I'm glad I did watch ep3 because it's such an intense episode and KT just fell even deeper, he's becoming a monster because of his rage. Have he forgotten that his main reason to join the Japanese force was to earn money for his brother's treatment?

He's totally going crazy and blinded by power. He thinks that Gaksital is blocking his way to promotion and I guess it's also his ego that couldn't take it because he almost got damsari and have a high chance of getting promoted again but failed because of Gaksital, Somemore, people are suspecting he's siding with Gaksital because he couldn't catch the guy despite trying so many times. So, to be able to catch Gaksital makes him prove to the Japanese that he's loyal. I can understand his rage... but I would never expect him to even dare to beat his brother.

KT ahhh.. tsk tsk tsk.. you stooped so low that you need to do a HUGE lot to be able to get redemption.
I hope you suffer more in the future because it you deserve some suffering from all the misdeeds you did to the people.

Dan's acting was really on spot when she was hating on KT and saying that Shunji is a Japanese so it's no surprise he's siding with the Japanese too, it was an unfair accusation but I can totally understand where's she coming from. She just got tortured by the Japanese force and her father almost got killed because of KT whom she views as a "dog" for the Japanese. But it was a really sad moment for Shunji.

When Shunji was waiting for Dan to get changed, I felt the romantic tension from him even though it was just one-sided.
Plus, Dan is so smart to pretend as Shunji's lover by baring her back, HAHA. Shunji and KT got the advantage to see her sexy back, hahahaha and she got to see KT's naked body for a while too when he was changing so it's even.
I think I'm starting to ship Shunji and Dan because of the bicycle scene, that was cute. KT is too bad to deserve Dan for now but I'm sure he'll make it up in the future and I'm eager to see that.

There's not much scenes from HongJoo but I can already feel her screen presence, she got that sexy elegant aura.
For some reason her Japanese dad creeps me out by the way he touched her shoulders and slide down to hold her waist. It screams pedophile to me even though HJ isn't a kid anymore..

Anyways, I'm SO SO SO excited for next episode. I'm guessing it will be the very first start of the loveline between KT and Dan when he realizes who she is. Can't wait to see this twisted loveline.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Credits: krdrama.com

Made by korean fan~
9f6ffe13gw1dtpaw1nqykj.jpg

It's a stunt double alright, even JB pointed it out in her recap.

Bridal Mask Episode 3 Recap - Dramabeans

I'm liking this drama so far (aside from some continuity issues like Mok Dan's blood soaked shirt... which isn't blood soaked in another scene... then blood soaked again and when she shows her back, it does not look like she's injured at all... same goes to Lee Kang To who was able to recover in a day!? I swear when he was awaken by Abe when he was in the cell, I thought he won't be able to move at all, I mean with the amount of lashing he got, he could've been hospitalised!)

Guest kheir

It's a stunt double alright, even JB pointed it out in her recap.

Bridal Mask Episode 3 Recap

- Dramabeans

I'm liking this drama so far (aside from some continuity issues like Mok Dan's blood soaked shirt... which isn't blood soaked in another scene... then blood soaked again and when she shows her back, it does not look like she's injured at all... same goes to Lee Kang To who was able to recover in a day!? I swear when he was awaken by Abe when he was in the cell, I thought he won't be able to move at all, I mean with the amount of lashing he got, he could've been hospitalised!)

Guest vDrak

@Eja, it's the power of Kdrama. You have healing powers like Wolverine. :D. I don't blame them lol. Because it's hard to keep consistency of all the wounds and blood when they have to retakes many scenes.

Hold your breath guys!!!

KT and Dan.................... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............ Let me go and do the excited dance again.
I know that the loveline isn't the most important thing in this drama but......... how can I not get excited seeing the stills below???

Credits: krdrama.com & KBS official website

651184%280%29-550825_89488.jpg

651184%281%29-550367_66056.jpg

real04_01.jpg

real04_02.jpg

real04_03.jpg

real04_04.jpg

Guest bally

@

Kennedy21:

No, i'm pretty sure it's a stunt double. There's only one gaksital instead of all those rumors saying that there's many gaksital.

The guy who was tortured in ep3 said that "Those people in the marketplace, The LEEs, PARKs, KIMs (surnames) are all gaksital" refers to all of those that dislike the Japanese occupation are having the same "vision" like Gaksital, they all support Gaksital because Gaksital is like a hero for them. But that does not mean that they're Gaksital.

@bally: Yeah, but some people previously thought that the stunt double is also the "real" gaksital so some think that gaksital is an organization that have several people so I just wanted to clarify that there's only one real Gaksital and also there was only once that a bad guy pretended to be gaksital.
I think it's because the stunt double's face is so obvious that people get confused and mixed up.

Credits: KBS & krdrama.com

real04_05.jpg

real04_06.jpg

real04_07.jpg

I am still not 100% convinced that the main char´s actor can carry this show like he is supposed to do, he overacts really often. Still, all the other actors are doing an incredible job, especially the actress of Mok Dan from whom i didn´t expect such a performance and of course Shin Hyun Joon. Looking forward to Han Chae Ah´s performance, i really liked her in Hero. Other than that, the show´s topic is extremely interesting and i really hope that the writers can keep the quality of the show up which would be a rarity in KDrama (since it is an adaption from an already finished manhwa it shouldn´t be that unlikely).

BRIDAL MASK DAEBAKKK and i'm addicted more and more. all the cast potray their role perfectly.

Joo Won is really a badass but he is so damn HOT when he use the gun ( i don't know how to call that weapon),lol and when he act just like he is a leutenant Lee Kang To.

hope Kang San will be okay and tell the truth to kang To why he has to clear up the evil government. both of them are walk in diferent path but i'm sure someday both of them will walk in the same path.

i really love this drama. the action, the villain , the drama, even less for romance but all the stories is just awesome. good job for the scriptwriter, the director and all the cast. i really love BRIDAL MASK :x

Guest tikamicizia

I thought he overreacted too but I read his interview. he said it's supposed to be like that, he knows about the dramatic acting. he thought he's supposed to be like that coz that's how 1930's police should be. idk if it's true or not. I hope it won't ruin the drama !:D

[size=4]

Hold your breath guys!!!

[/size]KT and Dan.................... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............ Let me go and do the excited dance again.

I know that the loveline isn't the most important thing in this drama but......... how can I not get excited seeing the stills below???

Guest vDrak

As I've said before, the first couple of episodes were kinda dark. Portraying the relationship between Korean and Japanese during that time, how they were treated and such. The beating, the treating and how each individual view of one another, the time was chaos.

I do think that Kang-to sometimes overacted, but if you think about it, it's reasonable for him to do so.

When he was young, he got chased by people who wanted to KILL him. Having that kind of experience isn't easy. Then life hits him when his brother was beat up and supposedly becomes "stupid." He had to take on the responsibility to become the "man" of the house, thus working for the Japanese government official. What he thought would be beneficial to his brother and mother, since he got a job and making money now, was having the opposite effect. Korean hated the Japanese, his mother kind of "abandon" him because she does not want a son who is of Korean's root to be working with the Japanese. Additionally, he's getting pressure by his superior and this mysterious Bridal Mask guy, to the point that, he ignores all moral and basically went into despair or the dark side.

What he did as a government official, beating and taking innocent people like that, to him; that is his job and ways to get Bridal Mask. He thinks that by catching Bridal Mask, he can fulfill his duties, he views Bridal Mask as a criminal and have to be brought to "justice." However; the method that he is using is quite brutal, thus causing Josen? people to hate him and define what he's doing is "injustice."

So I think that he's portraying his character well, he seems like a lost lamb on a herd. One side of the fence is his people, the other side is the wolves. He is unable to connect with his people and yet have already taken over by the wolves. I think it's because he have not learn the truth from his brother yet, else he'll be jumping the fence to his fellow family. :D.

@c_gunawan541 . Thanks for the pictures! I have a good feeling that he will treat Mok Dan better by these screenshots. Maybe she can change him!

A good woman can always change a man. (:.

Guest alysanne

My brain is short-circuiting trying to reconcile 1N2D Joo-won who calls out to one of his hyungs because he's afraid of bugs and Gaksital Joo-won who beats people up.  ;)  But if I'm having this kind of a reaction, I guess that means he's doing his job on Gaksital really well.  ;)

Guest rocky5053

Seeing Lee Kang To crazy bad temper...,make me remember to a bastard,Gu Ma Jun..Joo Won bring his character perfectly..and this drama is far better than City Hunter with only shown LMH weird acting ..both standard are so far..so,,if tonight episode the rating catching up again..I can say this ritma will always going on..,and at the last maybe can make a peak more than 20%..  

[size=4]

Hold your breath guys!!!

[/size]KT and Dan.................... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............ Let me go and do the excited dance again.

@vDrak I think you said it perfectly, he might be violent, but he wants to prove his innocence to the japanese. This job is his way to save his brother and he's willing to be and outcast and have everyone hate him even his mother because he care for his brother. I would go crazy too if everyone hates you from one side and then people doubt you from the other. He has no one to confide in. And remember guys, this takes place in the 1930's I'm really not surprised by the police using that much force on people to get their way. It might not be right by our standards from today.. well it's not right by any standards ever to hit someone, but that's how it was.
And if Kang-to is discovered to have ties to Gaksital, I think he's in more danger that any other Joseon people.

Archived