[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made another graphic!!! hope you guys like....
gaksital10.jpg
Remember! if you're going to take out and put it on tumblr... REBLOG! it's in the gaksital tag! Never repost!
ALSOOOOOOI was just wondering about one thing....
Am I the only one who thinks that kangSan's motive to become gaksital has been swept under the rug? He became Gaksital in order to enact revenge on those who killed his father? Am I right? so... where did that plot line go? I might be TOTALLY wrong on this though.... 

Made another graphic!!! hope you guys like....

ALSOOOOOOI was just wondering about one thing....

Am I the only one who thinks that kangSan's motive to become gaksital has been swept under the rug? He became Gaksital in order to enact revenge on those who killed his father? Am I right? so... where did that plot line go? I might be TOTALLY wrong on this though.... 

Guest serendipity8989

DramaBeans updated!!!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/07/gaksital-episode-16/

You know I just worked myself up over a particular comment on Dramabeans that I literally feel my blood pressure shooting up. Thank goodness I don't see this person lurking here. 

It takes effort to analyse her comments because she never comes cleans with what her true feelings are about this show. And she hides it so well that you get people finding her comment disputable but yet has to agree with her on some points. And I don't mean the simple "there is some things i like about this show and some things i don't" I hope I am wrong but she seems to have a remarkable disdain for Korea and it's so thickly veiled, you really got to read between the lines. I just wish I could express myself better and shoot her down point for point. 

maybe i am taking things too seriously as after all in cyberworld, things like these are to be expected. IDK but when I really dislike a certain drama or genre, I just dont watch it, why spend so much time dissing it in that drama's forum? I only want to spend time gushing on what I love and be upfront about it. 

Omg I totally know what you mean. R u talking about the one who is a supposed "pacifist" ?? The whole non violence stance is b.s. I bet that person wouldn't be saying that if it were her country that was being oppressed, robbed, raped, and stomped on by another country. The Korean independence movement was not a terrorist group lol & even if it's in the cyber world, relating terrorist activities and the jihad to the Korean independence movement is beyond insulting. That person could believe they want BUT should not pass moral judgment on the Korean independence movement. Does that person even know what the Japanese did to the koreans? Ugh so upsetting. Sorry about the rant....

Anyway, I really liked the progression of this episode cause there was a lot that was revealed... I'm hoping DSR stays alive. & I don't think SJ will doubt KT cuz KT was kinda surrounded. But I couldn't tell if SJ had his gun pointed at KT or not :(

I loved MD in this episode. She gave me goosebumps when she stood up to konno and I liked that the 2nd gen. Japanese were questioning the pro Japanese stance as well.

Guest jace.chang

Man this drama...It's been a while since I've been so captivated by a drama throughout most of its run.

This last episode...I hope nothing gets delayed next week because of the Olympics...

Seeing how Korean dramas go....by adding more drama...I'm hoping that the next episode doesn't pick up with Damsari getting killed with all his other comrades to protect Kang-to with his dying words to Kang-to, asking him to take care of Mok Dan. Then it goes on for a few episodes of Mok Dan hating Kang-to even more for "breaking" the confusing promise he made at the end of the episode to help her father escape. This whole misunderstanding and Damsari's death strengthen Kang-to's resolve to fight for the independence while protecting Mok Dan.

Just a conjecture...but I think it's entirely possible.

mrdimples

wrote:

»

DramaBeans updated!!!<br />

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/07/gaksital-episode-16/<br

/>

<br />

<br />

You know I just worked myself up over a particular comment on Dramabeans that I literally feel my blood pressure shooting up. Thank goodness I don't see this person lurking here. <br />

It takes effort to analyse her comments because she never comes cleans with what her true feelings are about this show. And she hides it so well that you get people finding her comment disputable but yet has to agree with her on some points. And I don't mean the simple "there is some things i like about this show and some things i don't" I hope I am wrong but she seems to have a remarkable disdain for Korea and it's so thickly veiled, you really got to read between the lines. I just wish I could express myself better and shoot her down point for point. <br />

maybe i am taking things too seriously as after all in cyberworld, things like these are to be expected. IDK but when I really dislike a certain drama or genre, I just dont watch it, why spend so much time dissing it in that drama's forum? I only want to spend time gushing on what I love and be upfront about it. 

In this latest episode, finally the truth that the 2 guys love the same girl came out.
Suddenly, I have this image of Mok Dan with her back bared in the closet, only this time, it's Kangto who is hiding her from Shunji. Gosh, that will surely end up with one of the guys dead. 

Guest alysanne

@serendipity8989 @mrdimples: Ah, I see who you mean! I almost posted a scathing reply, but I decided to exercise some restraint.  :D

Guest whodat

Shunji, I'm your biggest fan, but in ep16 you got played by a master. Big up Kang To.

There are two things I noted that I think will come to haunt Kang To in future. One is the cop he shot from the back and two is Dam Sal Ri trying to stop his man from killing Kang To. Both these details maybe too minute to be followed up on but from the frequent use of flashback in the series you never know. One day Shunji might be sitting in his office and then flashback to an autopsy report he read a while back. Then 1 + 1 = Kang To must have done it. :-D

Great episode over all but after Kang To's confession I just hope this doesn't turn to be a fight over a girl.

Guest flipz

The biggest mindf*** in this episode is none of the confessions or manipulations. It's the fact Shunji actually landed a bullet in someone.

Guest serendipity8989

@serendipity8989 @mrdimples: Ah, I see who you mean! I almost posted a scathing reply, but I decided to exercise some restraint.  

:D

Guest serendipity8989

Hi there!

I dont mind for having no kisses at all

:p

. Considering the era and the situation, another hug and brushing the hair will be soo welcome

:p

As long as they're together, I'll be satisfied

Guest serendipity8989

@mojobobo I know, I was secretly hoping for MD to overhear that part. And I really felt that he was being honest with those words... & It was true, b/c I remember KT was so excited when MD woke up. LOL. 
I want more KT+MD scenes, with KT as himself. Even though MD's heart belongs to BM, ultimately, they're the same person so I want her to make that REAL connection, through conversations and actual interaction. 

Guest ricecak3

I'm surprised how this time Shunji did not terribly miss with the gun. I'm glad and hate him at the same time that he arrived, for saving KT's life but Damsari will probably be caught again and be executed. T_T
Really, they're not going to air Gaksital next week? This is going to be torture waiting 2 WEEKS!

Guest sunshine4ever

I just finished episode 15 thanks to Bridal Mask Team @ Viki.com for the English subs! :D I love episode 16 so much I had to check out the scriptwriter's name which is Yoo Huyn Mi, check her out: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoo_Hyun_Mi

Just some thoughts on episode 16. I love episode 15, but I couldn't come up with anything yesterday about it. I'm glad I've waited for episode 16 to come out because episode 15 was just a suspense about what's going to happen and then episode 16 was solving it all.

Most of the scenes in episode 16 were so memorable. I seem to like them all.

1. I'm glad that KT finally said it out-loud his love for MD. I'm sure it came up to him as he probably did not know it was really a trap. I like the way the scriptwriters/director had it so that SJ said out-loud that KT is BM. Whatever it is, I'm just glad because some day regardless of how much MD wants to deny it again and again, but it'll eventually click into her that KT is BM and that is the reason why he loves her and/or show emotions towards her. I know some of you said she's very oblivious, but since it's said out-loud, it should help MD. Plus her dad really emphasizes that she should trust KT because KT was in tears in front of her dad. Really a lot of wake-up calls for MD here in this episode. (Oh, goodness, so many hints here MD, please take a look at KT!!! Pay attention to him please!)

2. The scene between KT & Shunji was just blowing my mind away. KT was super smart, but I've also discovered something important also. That SJ is rather weak when it comes to relationship-wise. He has a soft spot to him that we have seen before. He easily trusted KT just like that with whatever KT said, but KT's scripted well and he's super clever. Thank you, scriptwriters, for making KT so brilliant in this episode. Another thing is that KT is so good at acting it turned me around. KT, you are surely dark. How will you face SJ later if he found out he's been betrayed by you? (Anyway, I'm going to refrain from talking about the dark future).

3. SJ & MD moment...awww...I really thought he was going to hug her...they were soooooooooo close. She got nervous and was teary. I am not too sure if SJ was really caring for MD or was just lying her and taking advantage of her for saying that he wanted her to live. Poor me. SJ really drives me crazy. I can't analyze him right because I can't read his emotions, thoughts, and/or actions. Which is the real you, SJ?! Tell me which is really you? The one who loves MD or the one who is jealous of her and BM?

4. The scene where MD was really walking into the nail (torture) box was one of the few best scenes of this series. Gosh, look at three men who claim to love her. They were standing there in agony watching her walking towards the nail box and opened it with her own hands. Yay for MD! Her courage saved her. I'm glad that she would not spill not even one word about BM. Her head is so stubborn and as strong as an ox. Her weak characteristic really just saved her. Anyway, I'm glad she didn't die, but I was thinking what would it look like if she was really walking inside the box. Either SJ, KT, and/or DSR will do something before she self-tortured herself with the box. lol. Good thing Chief Konno pulled her back. Good-timing. (I seriously think one of them will do something about her if she really did walk in especially KT. The camera was not on SJ, so no fair...I want to know SJ reaction).

5. And the last scene blew me away. Oh, goodness...I'm praying that KT will find a way to save DSR. Either DSR will be arrested and then KT will find a way to save DSR on the way to the execution place. Please don't let DSR die because it's KT's words for MD. I want MD to really acknowledge the goodness in KT. :D I love how episode 16 made it so easy for KT to express how he feels about MD through so many people's random blurtness. :D If KT's mission is accomplished, MD, will think about KT and/or why he said the things he said.

6. The part that KT said he'll protect MD because SJ had already withdrawn and/or did not keep up with his words to protect MD. :D

Anyway, new discovery! The count is actually Korean???!!! Oh, no wonder he was so scared of BM. The count betrayed his country. He's afraid that BM will kill him?

yndzk.jpg2ex60pu.jpg

Guest alysanne

@flipz: I think he was rather humiliated by last episode's shooting FAIL that he went through target practice in between episodes.   :))
@mojobobo:  I hope that person's not the one who's been flagging posts.  Ugh!  I'm okay about people not liking the show, but trolling the Dramabeans comments and this forum is just... L-)

@sunshine4ever
yes, the last 2 episodes were superb! There were many things about them but the best was that Kangto declared his love for Mok Dan in front of her and Shunji. On one hand, we know that he is using it as an excuse out of the situation. On the other hand, it is also Totally True. And finally Mok Dan starts to see Kangto in an entirely different light. Although I don't expect her to fall in love with him just because she knows he is on their side or that he loves her, her eyes are now opened or should I say her heart. On one hand, she will cling loyally to loving Gaksital but I think she will find herself struggling not to fall in love with Kangto as he demonstrates his worth especially if he is helping her father and the independence movement. Unless of course, she soon finds out that Kangto is Gaksital. Whatever the scenario is, I am just too happy that things are looking up romance wise. 

Archived