Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@Jessi15 @sunshine4ever: That's probably a symbol of Kishokai, and Shunji wearing it means he's already a member.

@alysanne, does it mean that Shunji can use it as a 'weapon' when he's fighting with his fist? When Rie slapped Kimura with the ring on, she left a scratch on his cheek. Interesting... *imagining Shunji-Kangto or Shunji-BM fight with their bare hands*

@alysanne

, does it mean that Shunji can use it as a 'weapon' when he's fighting with his fist? When Rie slapped Kimura with the ring on, she left a scratch on his cheek. Interesting... *imagining Shunji-Kangto or Shunji-BM fight with their bare hands*

If the story goes realistic as in the real history, then the bridal mask has to fight against Japanese emperor and his army. But Japanese emperor is GOD to Japanese people. It is forbidden to mention of Japanese emperors’ responsibility regarding the WWII in Japan even today.  

So, I think the bridal mask made a different fictional enemy for the drama, that’s Kishokai.

When I see it, the drama tends to avoid possible conflicts with Japan. For example, make stories among individuals by concentrating characters like Sunji and make his behavior coming from personal reason (personal reason is important, but social system controls and confines individual’s thought. – I studied political science in college.), avoid cutting the rising sun flag in the drama, made fictional enemies instead of Japanese emperor.

I think the Kishokai will be the final boss in this drama. But I still love the drama because I don’t want Joowon would be a target of Japanese extreme right wing people (like Kim Taehee). I want to protect this young actor and his bright future. 

I love this 376904_436456179720643_2061976743_n.jpg

and hope they will quickly move to this 
488100_432764536756474_655190785_n.jpg
don't they look awesome together? I was wondering why I am shipping Mok Dan and Kangto although they must be the most messed up couple in kdrama history, what with all the stabbing attempts by her and his torturing her intentionally and then the "dying inside but still had to torture her" later. Just looking at pics like this make me anticipate the day where Kangto can love Mok Dan without hiding behind the mask and Mok Dan can love Kangto for the man that he is. 

If the story goes realistic as in the real history, then the bridal mask has to fight against Japanese emperor and his army. But Japanese emperor is GOD to Japanese people. It is forbidden to mention of Japanese emperors’ responsibility regarding the WWII in Japan even today.  

So, I think the bridal mask made a different fictional enemy for the drama, that’s Kishokai.

When I see it, the drama tends to avoid possible conflicts with Japan. For example, make stories among individuals by concentrating characters like Sunji and make his behavior coming from personal reason (personal reason is important, but social system controls and confines individual’s thought. – I studied political science in college.), avoid cutting the rising sun flag in the drama, made fictional enemies instead of Japanese emperor.

I think the Kishokai will be the final boss in this drama. But I still love the drama because I don’t want Joowon would be a target of Japanese extreme right wing people (like Kim Taehee). I want to protect this young actor and his bright future. 

@rhaps @mrdimples: Hrmmm...Shunji can definitely use the ring as a backup weapon, at the very least, as a distraction in a fight.  But yeah, Kangto just can't continue to rely solely on that flute thingy.  I think he's using it just to keep up the cover that it's still the same person behind the mask.  Or if he does use it as a main weapon, he's gonna have to figure out even more effective ways of using it on opponents like Shunji and Jun.  If he switches to a sword, though, I have a feeling Shunji will be able to tell that it's Kang-to because Shunji taught him most of what he knows.  And Gaksital will probably not resort to using a gun unless it's a dire situation...or he can just rely on everyone else to miss or shoot their allies while he dodges bullets and eventually becomes the last man standing.  :))

don't they look awesome together? I was wondering why I am shipping Mok Dan and Kangto although they must be the most messed up couple in kdrama history, what with all the stabbing attempts by her and his torturing her intentionally and then the "dying inside but still had to torture her" later. Just looking at pics like this make me anticipate the day where Kangto can love Mok Dan without hiding behind the mask and Mok Dan can love Kangto for the man that he is. 

the point of the flute as a weapon is probably the same as, when in hong gil dong, the hong sisters decided to give hwal bin dang weapons that can cause harm but aren't actually made to be objects of harm. stick, paddle, fan. in gaksital, we have a flute. it wasn't made to kill, but it does the job when it has to. choice of weapon is a small detail that tells us the good guys are the good guys. they'll do what they can to keep from harming others, but they know what they have to do if it comes down to it. awesome.

@rhaps @mrdimples: Hrmmm...Shunji can definitely use the ring as a backup weapon' date=' at the very least, as a distraction in a fight.  But yeah, Kangto just can't continue to rely solely on that flute thingy.  I think he's using it just to keep up the cover that it's still the same person behind the mask.  Or if he does use it as a main weapon, he's gonna have to figure out even more effective ways of using it on opponents like Shunji and Jun.  If he switches to a sword, though, I have a feeling Shunji will be able to tell that it's Kang-to because Shunji taught him most of what he knows.  And Gaksital will probably not resort to using a gun unless it's a dire situation...or he can just rely on everyone else to miss or shoot their allies while he dodges bullets and eventually becomes the last man standing.  :))[/quote']

Hmmm. . you girls are right. I remember in epi 7 that people called KangTo 'a sharp shooter', so Kimura wondered why gaksital is still alive after being shot by him. It means, KT is at best using a gun. How can he defeats Shunji or Jun without it?? So the best is not to confrot them using his speed *and we'll see some cool action again, won't we? ;) *. Or, maybe his sword skill will improve after many fighting scenes coz.. as gaksital..you're bound to experience many battles :D

Anyway, that's an interesting fact about the Japanese emperor. I see that this movie has tried really hard to avoid conflict with this issue. Hopefully it will end well

thanks pine_nut for those awesomely funny BTS pics. Shunji hasn't scare me so far but that pic of him smiling in blood stained uniform is freaking me out. He looks like he crawled out of "Night of the Living Dead" with such a creepy smile. But the other one with him and the little boy is just win, so charming PKW. 
And trust Joowon to be number goofer on set. At first I thought he and Mok Dan is in some mission together and using the fan as some kind of communication. Then I realise he must have taken JSY's fan and goofing around. 
And Jun primping himself on a mobile phone mirror? What a hoot!

Ooooooohh...............the claws are out! 
Spoilers ahead
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1733329551

I am not going to translate word for word, just paraphrase the essentials:
In episode 15, Mok Dan runs away after being pursued and hides in Asuka Hotel. To Rie, Mok Dan is a bait for luring Gaksital and she is also a sore point for her as Rie has seen Kangto's intense gaze at Mok Dan. 
Previously, Mok Dan has been deceived by Rie's impersonating as a nun, thus she sensed the threat and tries to avoid her, but still she comes face to face with Rie. Although Mok Dan is agile and has received training as a fighter, she is no match for Rie who is trained as a spy. The producer says that the fight between the 2 women is as good as the fight between Kangto and Shunji. It will be another focal point and add interesting flavour to the show. The audience can anticipate this. 
On the other hand, Shunji having obtain evidence on Gaksital, plots and begin a psychological game with Kangto.